The Minneapolis Golf Club is the Twin Cities' premier private golf club. Our Olympic-sized swimming pool and spacious patio with poolside food and beverage service is a luxurious summertime amenity for members and guests. We are currently seeking a Pool Director to manage pool operations and provide leadership to the pool staff.
- Hire, train and supervise lifeguards, pool concessions and swim team coaches.
- Supervise and assist the pool service staff during hours of operation and ensure that service standards and polices are met or exceeded.
- Supervise the pool service staff to ensure that all cleaning schedules in the pool, pool deck areas, locker rooms, pool office and storage, and other assigned duties are completed prior to the end of their shift.
- Monitor and maintain pool chemicals and equipment to ensure that all levels are within MN Dept of Health safety guidelines and in coordination with the maintenance department and pool chemical company to include: Ensure water is clear and not cloudy; physically inspect drain covers to ensure that they are secure; immediately address complaints from members/guests regarding skin and/or eye irritations.
- Close the pool facility if it poses a threat to the safety of members and their guests.
- Conduct daily pre shift meeting prior to each shift to go over information pertaining to functions for that shift.
- Responsible for proper set-up of poolside and that all necessary supplies and information are available prior to start of shift.
- Provide orientation and training of pool staff, follow-up training, scheduling and pre-opening in-service training.
- Create and manage the clubs' aquatics programming and coordinate details with swim team administration.
- Be present and available during peak usage hours and for all pool-related club event.
- Work with the F&B Manager, Catering Director and/or Chef to ensure that all pool shifts are staffed properly for upcoming business.
- Plan and direct pool special events.
- Develop budget and attend to budgetary goals.
- Develop an ongoing pool safety program.
- Attend all club management meetings.
- Attend all necessary committee meetings in and out of season.
Candidates must have at least 5 years experience as a Certified Lifeguard as well as at least 2 years management experience (or related education). Current certifications must include: Certified Pool Operator, CPR, AED and first-aid, LGI preferred. A background in Food & Beverage service is preferred.
Minneapolis Golf Club offers a fast-paced environment where creativity and customer service skills are highly valued. This position is full-time seasonal and eligible for a competitive benefits package. Please visit our website at www.minneapolisgolfclub.com.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume.