Minneapolis Institute of Arts Employee Reviews

Sales in ticketing and membership
Sales & Service Representative (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 11, 2014
Pros: plenty of hours
Cons: no benefits
Typically I am stationed at many locations throughout the museum. I sell tickets to special exhibitions and renew/sell memberships to patrons. I work 40-55 hours a week in this department with zero benefits in health care, sick time, and vacation time. The hardest part of the job is the amount of dedication I have put in with little reward/encouragement in return. The most enjoyable part is the satisfaction I get from helping a patron better their experience at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts.
fun place to work and great for teachers
CLASSROOM ASSISTANT (Former Employee), minneapolis, mnJuly 1, 2014
This job is a 9-5 job for the art classes taught at different age levels at the MIA. A typical day would mean coming in before the class starts and setting up the materials that would be used for that day's lesson. Throughout the day, i would assist the students with their projects and encourage them to expand their creativity. Management is mostly inclusive and new ideas are welcomed. Parking can be tight sometimes but never really a problem. Overall a great place for gaining hands-on experience with kids and art materials
Excellent supervisory experience in an art museum context
HEAD LIBRARIAN (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 22, 2013
Another impelling experience filled with interesting colleagues
Great place to work, surrounded by art
Minneapolis, MN (Former Employee), Network AdministratorNovember 8, 2011
Great people to work for and very enjoyable place. Focus is on art and not 'doing business'. Professional people who bring a lot of diversity to the workplace.