Minneapolis Public Housing Authority Employee Reviews

Eligibility Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 16, 2017
It was a good place to work. helping lower income families to find a decent home to live and call home.the work environment was a good and i had a great coworkers to work with.
Small organization with average age on higher side
Employee (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 30, 2016
You would find many people working in the organization since past 10 years. I personally feel, this makes the environment more homely. Employees are very loyal and hardworking, thus creating a positive atmosphere.
Nice Workers
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 22, 2016
All day i just answered phones, organized file, Look up things to help the costumer. The hardest part about my jobs were that people had no respect for what you were doing. You were beneath them thats how they made you feel. But the workers made you shake it off and keep on going and to keep a smile on your face.
Pros
ability to sleep at lunch
Cons
breaks were unecssary
A decent place to work
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 21, 2016
MPHA was a great place to gain a lot of experience in a variety of different areas. The company offers great benefits too.
Cons
Minimal advancement opportunities
company
MANAGEMENT AIDE/ACCOUNT CLERK (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 8, 2015
Great company always room to grow but then again it has it's limits on field work such as transitions are limited in higher ranking positions due to
Hard work and well worth it.
Family Self Sufficiency Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 11, 2015
Hardest job around; balancing between those who truly need and those who don't.
Rewarding and fulfilling; or disappointing and hurtful. Not a job to be taken lightly; I loved it.
Pros
Assisting those who were able to become fully self sufficient.
Cons
Taking care of people with a welfare mentality.
Good job
Building and Grounds Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 22, 2015
It was a job in the beginning and I liked it very much. I like working with all my friends the time I work there.

I drove a John Deere, cut lawn and cleaned up office.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
To much snow to be remove
having great coworkers and manager
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 27, 2013
go through inbox and inbox on email. answer emails that I can without to much research. organize my work for the day by importance. check with manger to decide if there are any issues that need attention right away. take care of any problems or emergencies
check voicemail and start to return calls to help customers solve their problems. say good morning to all my coworkers. running the checks for section 8 landlords was my least favorite part of my job. I had the best coworkers. we would go out to lunch together and hang out outside of work
Pros
cowokrers pay union
Cons
health insurance
Union job remodeling
Journeyman Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 12, 2013
• Communicated directly with clients
• Coordinated projects in client homes
• Renovated and remodeled high-rise apartments, including kitchens, baths and floors.
Pros
normal routine life.
Cons
union freezing salary.
It seemed as if it were more managers than employees. Who were all the managers managing?
Management Aide (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 28, 2012
The hardest part of the job was NO TRAINING, you have to be a self starter and motivated with enough aggression to learn the job and learn it well, You are on probation for 6 months, and the supervisor can let you go the day before your 6 month probation period is over, with no explanation. Even if you do well.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
too many managers