The Minnesota Historical Society (MHS) seeks applicants for an Events & Support Services Manager to plan, organize, and oversee the Society’s events programming, co-sponsored events, and private events arranged by our contracted food vendor, in order to ensure high customer satisfaction and continued revenue growth for the Society. The position also oversees custodial services, coordinates repair projects, obtains vendor bids/quotes, and writes and maintains policy & procedure books. This is a full-time, regular position (2,088 annual hours) located at the History Center in St. Paul, MN.
Summary of Work: Responsibilities include: 1) develops, recommends, implements, and administers methods and procedures to enhance and streamline event and café operation; 2) supervises staff including hiring, training new employees, setting performance standards, evaluating performance, and resolving personnel problems; 3) oversees custodial services and special contracted services; 4) coordinates, organizes, and oversees the Society’s co-sponsored events; and 5) coordinates, organizes, and oversees the Society’s private events.
- B.A. in business administration, operations management, communications, or related field and five years program experience, OR an advanced degree plus three years program experience or equivalent.
- Three years experience managing daily program or department operations.
- Four years supervisory experience.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Experienced in managing or organizing large events.
- Organizational skills, great attention to detail, and ability to prioritize responsibilities.
- Strong computer skills including internet search engines.
- Experience writing clear operational procedures, developing forms, writing reports and documents.
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail.
- Flexibility to attend two to four evening events per month.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team atmosphere.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to multi task and work under deadlines while maintaining a calm demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to give technical advice, training & work instruction to others in a positive & effective manner.
- Familiarity with accounting fundamentals, financial controls and administrative procedures.
- Experience with project management.
- Experience working in a building services or facilities department.
- Experience creating and maintaining Google Sites.
- Experience using Gmail and Artifax scheduling software.
- Experience creating charts/graphs in MS Excel.
Salary: $ 3,635.00 monthly minimum
Application Deadline: Applications received or postmarked by March 29, 2013 will be considered first; the position will remain open until filled.
IMPORTANT!!!!! TO APPLY: Send an MHS APPLICATION (DOWNLOADABLE FROM WEBSITE AT WWW.MNHS.ORG/ABOUT/JOBS, COVER LETTER, and RESUME to: Minnesota Historical Society, Human Resources Department, #1031 Events & Support Services Manager position, 345 Kellogg Blvd W, St Paul MN 55102-1906. TO BE CONSIDERED AN APPLICANT, YOU MUST SUBMIT ALL REQUESTED APPLICATION MATERIALS.If not complete, your application materials will not be accepted and your materials will be returned. If submitting materials for more than one position, provide an MHS application, cover letter and resume for each position. Applicants who are offered employment will be subject to passing a background check as a condition of employment. For an application, see our website at www.mnhs.org/about/jobs or call MHS Job Line 651-259-3181. EEO
Your application will be acknowledged
- No phone calls please -