Minnesota State Community and Technical College Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Good place to work if you can get in full time
Architectural Drafting & Design Instructor (Current Employee) –  Detroit Lakes, MNNovember 8, 2017
I enjoy teaching very much but in my role as a part-time instructor I lack any security in my position. Credits can change from semester to semester either up or down which effects both the salary and benefits.
Msctc
Director of Diversity & Inclusion (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNAugust 24, 2017
A challenging environment to work in. There is a disconnect between leadership, faculty and staff. Work life balance is difficult as staff and faculty are expected to participated in last minute events and initiatives on short notice.
good job
Assistant to the Dean, Provost, and Assistants (Former Employee) –  Wadena, MNAugust 14, 2014
This was a nice job. I learned how to deal with customers and students, various office work, schedule meetings and events and deal with confidential material.
College with compassion and care for students and their education.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Moorhead, MNApril 5, 2013
A typical day as a tutor takes place in the Learning Center where all students are welcome to come study, use computers, or seek the help of tutors for free. The staff is friendly and always willing to help.
The hardest part of the job are learning barriers often caused by the variety of languages of the students at the school. However, it is also the most rewarding part of the job when we are able to work through it and achieve success.
Pros
free learning seminars with lunch, quiet, free tutoring