Minnesota State University

Minnesota State University Employer Reviews

Learned how to convey the information effectively to students
Graduate Student Instructor (Former Employee), Mankato, MNJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: good work culture, organised
Cons: very less lab time
I have worked in Electrical Engineering department as well as Physics Department. Both departments work quite the same way. For every semester i will have a schedule to the lab s i have to teach. It is 2 hour lab where the students have to do quite a lot of lab work. So it was very important for me to convey all the required information effectively so that they can concentrate on the lab work the whole 2 hours of lab. They had to complete the experiment on time. The management was also very nice and friendly. They helped me with my start up classes. All the assistants were given a neat room to work along with a computer. The work culture was very nice and organised. The management sponsors quiz after the department meeting where all the assistants are allowed to take part. That was the fun side.
Important hands-on experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Mankato, MNJanuary 8, 2015
Work hours varied considerably, but I attended at least two class meetings per week. Duties included answering students questions, preforming lectures on occasion, and grading students assignments.

The experience greatly added to my already strong skills as a public speaker and familiarized me with the work day-to-day work habits of college-level educators.

The most difficult part of the job was balancing the concerns of students whose academic performance was subpar w/ the need to give each student due consideration.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to engage young minds in thoughtful discussion on issues relating to world and US history.
Good
Marketing Internship (Current Employee), MinnesotaJanuary 6, 2015
Great University! Very great people working and students.
Productive and Fun filled Environment
Residential Life mail coordinator (Current Employee), Mankato, MNDecember 21, 2014
Pros: quiet office to study
Cons: working our in the cold
A typical day at work starts easy and it sometimes gets boring at the end. somethings I wish I don't get enough things to do. That makes work a little boring. The hardest part of my job was moving around with mails during winter. My co-workers are very easy to get along with and we have a wonderful supervisor. I learnt communication and human services skills from the job. I learnt how to serve people relentlessly,
Great benefits
Special Events Coordinator (Current Employee), Alumni & Foundation CenterDecember 10, 2014
Great place to work; no room for advancement due to Union
I have learned to coordinate many special events at one time;
I have coordinated major events such as a Gala, Alumni Awards Dinner and 2 Commencements each year;
This job is very physical at times.
I love working with all the students, faculty and staff.
Nice atmosphere
Engineering Tutor (Current Employee), Mankato, MNNovember 2, 2014
I literally had an opportunity to recall my memory about whatever i have studied in the past when i was assisting the students.
We Made a Difference
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Mankato, MNSeptember 29, 2014
My job at MSU was in two parts- Campus Activities and AmeriCorps. Campus activities were year 1 & 9, while AmeriCorps was years 2-8.

Both gave me unique experiences with helping people do great things. I got to work with some great students and create some very memorable campus events. In addition, I got to do community service across southern Minnesota and across the country, seeing a side of society most folks never get to see.
excellent work environment
Theatre Acting Class (Former Employee), Mankato,mnSeptember 6, 2014
always friendly. I worked for many years and studied hard to receive a master photographer certificate. My years after were spent working as a freelance photographer outside of the office taking portraits.
Productive and successful
Alumni (Former Employee), Mankato, MNJune 12, 2014
Pros: working with cars and technology
Cons: long hours
I would spend countless hours studying every important aspect about my major. A typical week would be about 70-80 hours of studying and class time. The most enjoyable part about this, is seeing what I have accomplished throughout the years.
Nice place, very nice people
Teaching & Research Assistant (Current Employee), Computer Information Sceince DepartmentApril 23, 2014
Providing assistance in preparing lecture notes, exam materials in the field of Computer Networking. Preparing lab assignments and tutorials in the area of Computer Networking. Grading students
Its been a great experience for being a part of MSU.
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Msnkato, MNApril 7, 2014
Working environment of Minnesota State University is great. People have so many things to learn from both the work and people.The co-workers are really helpful and reliable. There is no tough part as most jobs are done in groups and the co-operation of the members are outstanding. The most enjoyable thing of the job is that you have the freedom to fully showcase your ability and talent.
Review
Professor (Current Employee), Mankato, MNApril 7, 2014
Pros: colleagues. great program!
I would love to share this information during a conversation.
Productive and Cooperative working environment.
Student Employee, Student Financial Services (Current Employee), Mankato, MinnesotaFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: cooperative, flexibility and friendly.
When we work as a team we have to help each other and facilitate others work to maximizing the productivity within the required time. We have the diversified and helping environment and everyone is keen to learn under the direction of our Supervisor.
Mail, Mail and more mail!
Mail Sorter (Former Employee), Mankato, MNFebruary 9, 2014
Sorting through the mail at your local college mail room. For those who want an easy no brainer job while going to MSU this job is for you!
Professional, excellent place to work
Office Secretary (Current Employee), Mankato, MNFebruary 9, 2014
A typical day is anything but typical: One day I might make a stack of copies while another day I'll be setting up a Christmas tree for the holidays! At the office I was a "do-er" therefore most anything that needed doing I would do. I love that I can interact with others during the day and no task I have ever been faced with has been to difficult for me to handle.
Time Management Lesson at its Best.
Student Support Services (Former Employee), Mankato, MNJanuary 21, 2014
This was my very first instructing type position. I was asked due to my grades in specific general education. It was fun to practice what I knew and create different ways so other students could understand. the hardest part was learning to balance my tutoring with my own studies as I hold a hig standard bar for myself. The enjoyable part was hearing from the students when they succeed on an exam.
What I learned, The most enjoyable part of the job
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Mankato, MnDecember 12, 2013
Pros: great experience to work in lab as a student
Improved laboratory skills by assisting students
Learned the rules and regulations to follow in a lab settings
Good school with a tough teachers
ITs consultant (Current Employee), Memorial libraryDecember 3, 2013
Usually we go to classes we start our materiel at first day of the semester until the last day of the school. I learned how to manage my time between academic duties, on campus job and volunteering to get the culture scholarship.
Fun...
Office Associate (Former Employee), Mankato, MNSeptember 10, 2013
- Nice people to work with
- Great work atmosphere
- The employers work closely with their employees for their safety
Great experience with productive learning
Research Associate (Former Employee), Mankato, MNAugust 5, 2013
The Biochemistry Faculty can not only give you a great understanding of biochemistry but also improve your disciplinary attributes towards science.

About Minnesota State University

Minnesota State University, Mankato, located in south-central Minnesota on a bluff above the Minnesota River, is a comprehensive – Read more