Minnesota State University

Minnesota State University United States Employee Reviews

Cheap and moderate education
Student Employee, student (Current Employee), Mankato, MNMarch 10, 2015
Pros: cheap
Cons: tough professors and tough engineering degreee
MNSU is a pretty good school. The education is pretty decent compared to the money paid. The school has good balance between class load.
Fun place to work
Academic Advising graduate assistant (Current Employee), Mankato, MNMarch 4, 2015
Come in at 9 am, check my calender and prep for appointments. Once that is done, I chat with supervisor for close to 15 minutes about anything she might want me to do that day.

Most of the time I go from one appointment to the other, and during lunch breaks, my co-workers and myself usually go have lunch together.

The hardest part of the job is to have students cancel appointments at the last minute, but the enjoyable part is when after a meeting with a student they tell me I really helped them. Also when they ask to have my as their permanent academic advisor.
Student Worker
Receptionist (Former Employee), Mankato, MNMarch 4, 2015
Help to manage the center and greet student and staff as they walk in and out of center. Also help with other things that needed to get done.
Extremely fun place to learn
Athletic Training Student (Former Employee), Mankato, MNFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: teachers, preceptors, and students all learned together, family environment
Cons: na
I had an overall great experience here and I learned a lot of very valuable lessons not only pertaining to orthopedic assessment/evaluation, rehab, and treatment but also to professionalism and developing myself as a professional in the future.
They prepared us for the long hours that were about to come. They also prepared us for medical documentation. One of the best things I liked about this program was we discussed ongoing treatment options/injuries as equals (ATC vs ATS) during our lunch breaks. It was a great thing to do because it helped add more knowledge.
Productive and work fun place
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Mankato, MNFebruary 20, 2015
Everything is very organised and work culture is very good!
Learned lot of things like postgresql, frameworks etc..,
• Designed and created schema for artifacts, provenience and catalogs.
• Creating forms using different API’s using Backbone.js, rest.js and angular.js
Great school
Student (Former Employee), Manakto, MNJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: beautiful campus
Cons: expensive
Great school
Great professors
Beautiful campus
Living in the dorms is a great experience and highly recommended.
Affordable cost of living outside of the dorms.
Learned how to convey the information effectively to students
Graduate Student Instructor (Former Employee), Mankato, MNJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: good work culture, organised
Cons: very less lab time
I have worked in Electrical Engineering department as well as Physics Department. Both departments work quite the same way. For every semester i will have a schedule to the lab s i have to teach. It is 2 hour lab where the students have to do quite a lot of lab work. So it was very important for me to convey all the required information effectively so that they can concentrate on the lab work the whole 2 hours of lab. They had to complete the experiment on time. The management was also very nice and friendly. They helped me with my start up classes. All the assistants were given a neat room to work along with a computer. The work culture was very nice and organised. The management sponsors quiz after the department meeting where all the assistants are allowed to take part. That was the fun side.
Important hands-on experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Mankato, MNJanuary 8, 2015
Work hours varied considerably, but I attended at least two class meetings per week. Duties included answering students questions, preforming lectures on occasion, and grading students assignments.

The experience greatly added to my already strong skills as a public speaker and familiarized me with the work day-to-day work habits of college-level educators.

The most difficult part of the job was balancing the concerns of students whose academic performance was subpar w/ the need to give each student due consideration.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to engage young minds in thoughtful discussion on issues relating to world and US history.
Good
Marketing Internship (Current Employee), MinnesotaJanuary 6, 2015
Great University! Very great people working and students.
Productive and Fun filled Environment
Residential Life mail coordinator (Current Employee), Mankato, MNDecember 21, 2014
Pros: quiet office to study
Cons: working our in the cold
A typical day at work starts easy and it sometimes gets boring at the end. somethings I wish I don't get enough things to do. That makes work a little boring. The hardest part of my job was moving around with mails during winter. My co-workers are very easy to get along with and we have a wonderful supervisor. I learnt communication and human services skills from the job. I learnt how to serve people relentlessly,
Great benefits
Special Events Coordinator (Current Employee), Alumni & Foundation CenterDecember 10, 2014
Great place to work; no room for advancement due to Union
I have learned to coordinate many special events at one time;
I have coordinated major events such as a Gala, Alumni Awards Dinner and 2 Commencements each year;
This job is very physical at times.
I love working with all the students, faculty and staff.
Nice atmosphere
Engineering Tutor (Current Employee), Mankato, MNNovember 2, 2014
I literally had an opportunity to recall my memory about whatever i have studied in the past when i was assisting the students.
We Made a Difference
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Mankato, MNSeptember 29, 2014
My job at MSU was in two parts- Campus Activities and AmeriCorps. Campus activities were year 1 & 9, while AmeriCorps was years 2-8.

Both gave me unique experiences with helping people do great things. I got to work with some great students and create some very memorable campus events. In addition, I got to do community service across southern Minnesota and across the country, seeing a side of society most folks never get to see.
excellent work environment
Theatre Acting Class (Former Employee), Mankato,mnSeptember 6, 2014
always friendly. I worked for many years and studied hard to receive a master photographer certificate. My years after were spent working as a freelance photographer outside of the office taking portraits.
Productive and successful
Alumni (Former Employee), Mankato, MNJune 12, 2014
Pros: working with cars and technology
Cons: long hours
I would spend countless hours studying every important aspect about my major. A typical week would be about 70-80 hours of studying and class time. The most enjoyable part about this, is seeing what I have accomplished throughout the years.
Nice place, very nice people
Teaching & Research Assistant (Current Employee), Computer Information Sceince DepartmentApril 23, 2014
Providing assistance in preparing lecture notes, exam materials in the field of Computer Networking. Preparing lab assignments and tutorials in the area of Computer Networking. Grading students
Its been a great experience for being a part of MSU.
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Msnkato, MNApril 7, 2014
Working environment of Minnesota State University is great. People have so many things to learn from both the work and people.The co-workers are really helpful and reliable. There is no tough part as most jobs are done in groups and the co-operation of the members are outstanding. The most enjoyable thing of the job is that you have the freedom to fully showcase your ability and talent.
Review
Professor (Current Employee), Mankato, MNApril 7, 2014
Pros: colleagues. great program!
I would love to share this information during a conversation.
Productive and Cooperative working environment.
Student Employee, Student Financial Services (Current Employee), Mankato, MinnesotaFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: cooperative, flexibility and friendly.
When we work as a team we have to help each other and facilitate others work to maximizing the productivity within the required time. We have the diversified and helping environment and everyone is keen to learn under the direction of our Supervisor.
Mail, Mail and more mail!
Mail Sorter (Former Employee), Mankato, MNFebruary 9, 2014
Sorting through the mail at your local college mail room. For those who want an easy no brainer job while going to MSU this job is for you!

About Minnesota State University

Minnesota State University, Mankato, located in south-central Minnesota on a bluff above the Minnesota River, is a comprehensive – Read more