Minnesota State University Employee Reviews

Good School
Athletic Training Club Vice President (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNApril 11, 2017
This is where I went to college. I did not work for MSU Mankato. They offer great education and professors are willing to work with you. Great place for an Athletic Training degree.
Easy work for decent money
Note Taker (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNMarch 21, 2017
I take notes for the accessibility resources office, meaning I take notes for people in my class who are registered there with some sort of disability. I make sure I take neat, legible and comprehensive notes and drop them off at the office daily or weekly depending on my schedule. It is easy because I already take good notes and all I have to do is walk to the library to deliver them, or I email them sometimes. You get $50 at the end of the semester for each student you take notes for.
Pros
easy
Cons
grad student working there is hard to understand
Great Experience
Graduate Assistant Women's Soccer (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNMarch 15, 2017
MSU Mankato is a great place to attend school and earn a Masters degree especially in sport and performance Psychology. You gain a ton of experience working in the Sport and Performance center working with different levels of athletes and teams. The school also does a great job with helping you get a Graduate Position spot if desired.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNFebruary 15, 2017
I learned about the administrative part of the school environment. I scheduled classes, organized course works, and helped students prepare for their classes they will be taking during the semester I worked there.
Pros
Flexible.
Cons
Seasonal Position
enjoyable
Building Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNFebruary 11, 2017
Set-up and take down events such as special nights of various Recognized Student Organizations as well as faculty or student board meetings
good
Cons
healthcare
Satisfactory
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNFebruary 10, 2017
It is a good place to work. A good working environment and the course coordinators are willing to help always. In summary, I'll say it's satisfactory.
Great work zone with flexible Teaching and Tutoring hours
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNJanuary 18, 2017
A great place to work with great co-workers. it has a wealth of diverse international cultures that I really enjoy.
The hardest part is when students don't do their assignment, it's sometimes disheartening. But the best part is seeing your students pass, it's a wonderful feeling.
Pros
School Tuition gets covered
Student Employee
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNDecember 13, 2016
As a student employee, Minnesota State University, Mankato was a great source of income. I would recommend working for them if the opportunity presented itself.
Fun place to work, works around your school schedule
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNNovember 16, 2016
I enjoyed my time here. Plenty of work to do and they are flexible with hours. Management is always looking to improve, so jobs are not hard to come by.
good school of nursing
Assistant Professor of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNNovember 10, 2016
Great students to work with in an exciting environment. Faculty very interested in publishing and research. The new simulation center is a great addition to this campus. The staff is very dedicated to family centered care.
Great work environnment - I would highly recommend!
Orientation Student Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNOctober 28, 2016
Minnesota State University, Mankato is an amazing place to work. The people there are so friendly and the environment is very uplifting. I would recommend it to anyone that is interested.
Good work environment
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIOctober 13, 2016
I was a teller for WESTconsin Credit Union and I enjoyed my position and had good management, I would recommend working there.
Friendly place to work and help to learn about new things.
Cashier office (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNOctober 7, 2016
Management is really nice. My co-workers are really nice and helpful. Sometimes it get hard to understand the customer about the problems because they are not friendly with the situations. Most enjoyable part is to learn about new stuffs everyday about PC and windows.
Daily Basis, Productiveness
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNAugust 31, 2016
My responsibility as a lab assistant was helping prep for class labs and cleaning up, sanitizing and working with many chemical solutions as work-study. I worked with very acidic and strong basic solutions in preparing labs for students and then cleaning and properly disposing of each strong chemicals.
Pros
Flexible hours, where I set my schedule according to classes, and flexible breaks.
Cons
The pay was low for the amount of work load.
Mankato State University was a great place to do my Health and Wellness Internship.
Employee Wellness Intern (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNAugust 9, 2016
This was an unpaid internship. Two to three times a month I developed and put on Health and Wellness Classes for the employees. I also assisted in developing a monthly newsletter and learned how to market and advertise my classes. It was a very rewarding job and excellent learning experience.
Exciting Atmosphere to be a apart of.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Moorhead, MNJuly 21, 2016
The coaching staff is one of the highest character groups I have ever seen. They try to make every day tasks as exciting as possible.
Loved working there and with everyone that worked there.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNJuly 13, 2016
I would suggest working at Minnesota State University, Mankato because it's a fun environment and you'll want to be at work everyday.
good work place environment
Office Assistant, Research and Sponsored Programs (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNJune 28, 2016
excellent place to grow and work, I've had a good experience, nothing is negative everything is enjoyable. I don't have anything much to say except great.
Pros
free coffee daily
Teaching Undergraduate Students
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNMay 18, 2016
My day would consist of preparing lessons for my students. During my office hours I would find myself grading and meeting with students.
Pros
Free tution
MSU, Mankato
Student Fundraising Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNMay 16, 2016
This was a really rewarding job. Although it was difficult at times, the people really made it better and the job was very flexible for college students.
Pros
Game nights!
Cons
Not much hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Minnesota State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4