Minnesota Thermal Science (MTS), a Pelican Biopharma Company, is a global leading provider of solutions for the safe transportation of temperature-sensitive pharmaceutical, blood and biologic products. The company’s reusable and sustainable containers protect contents at defined temperatures longer than any other passive thermal control packaging solution in the marketplace. MTS has achieved worldwide success and recognition in technological innovation, customer satisfaction and corporate growth within the global cold chain logistics industry.
In addition, strategic partnerships with Cool Logistics, European market leader of temperature-controlled packaging and ATS Healthcare in Canada provides distribution and product support capabilities around the globe. MTS is uniquely focused on understanding clients' most challenging cold-chain requirements and working together to provide a solution with a significant return-on-investment.
At the cornerstone is the reusable Credo brand container that protects contents with payload requirements between 2 and 96 liters (also pallet options) in all temperature ranges up to 7 days. Winner of the U.S. Army's Greatest Inventions and AmeriStar Awards for its Original Golden Hour (OGH) technology which continues to help save lives around the world. Go to: www.mnthermalscience.com for complete information on all of MTS' product and service offerings.
Job Title: Production Planner
Reports To: Director of Operations
Plans and prepares production schedules for the manufacture of all demand: Draws up master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders. The production schedule is based on customer requirements, safety stocks, material availability and production capacity. This position works closely with customer service, purchasing, production and the sales team on a daily basis.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and maintains production schedules for all products. Analyzes production specifications and plant capacity data and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and human resource requirements.
- Plans sequence of filling, assembly, and other manufacturing operations for guidance of production team members.
- Confers with department Leads and Senior Lead to determine status of assigned workload or constraints.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Prepares production reports.
- Works with buyer/planner(s) to expedite material shortages
- Leads production planning meetings and completes assigned tasks from the meetings, acting as liaison for customer order ship dates
- Communicates shortages and resolutions to purchasing and production
- Facilitates the flow of materials to and from various work areas (sequencing)
- Provides sales with order ship dates and communicates schedule date changes
- Able to follow departmental SOP’s
- Interfaces with shipping/receiving regarding incoming shipments on a daily basis
Must have 3-5 years experience in a Planning position; above average knowledge of manufacturing capabilities and processes; a strong background in ERP an understanding of master scheduling in a build to order and make to stock processes.
Must have hands on experience with Access and Excel
- Ideal candidate will be proficient with PC computer entry and have strong organizational skills.
- Individual should possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be a strong team player.
- Must be extremely self-motivated and have ability to work well independently.
- Position involves multi-tasking in a fast-paced, high-stress environment.
- Manages KPI’s for Customer Orders including fill rate and on-time delivery
- Must have strong Access and Excel skills
Physical environment/working conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to (i.e. stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch). Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While this position primarily works during standard business hours, there may be occasional overtime. Standard business hours are Monday – Friday 8am to 5pm. Some flexibility in work hours may be granted.
Minnesota Thermal Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
APPLICANTS: In order to be considered for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements with your application.
No recruiters, please.