Minnesota Timberwolves

Minnesota Timberwolves Employer Reviews

Great place to learn about the sport industry.
STUDENT VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 10, 2013
I learned a lot about the sport industry in my time volunteering with the Minnesota Timberwolves.

I Volunteered at over 10 Timberwolves games over three seasons assisting the Public Relations, Group Sales, Marketing and Corporate Sponsorships departments

I assisted in pre-game giveaways, in-game and post-game promotions, set-up/teardown of game presentation – more... equipment, a group suite sale, and supplying media with in-game statistics.

I learned valuable information about the industry and how a professional organization operates.

The most enjoyable part of this for me was the experience I gained. This has been my favorite organization growing up, so it was surreal to feel like I worked there a few times a year. The work involved didn't really feel like work. It really showed me that the ideal job for anyone is the enjoyment that what you're doing doesn't feel like work. – less
Anywhere else is better!
A 10 year employee (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 1, 2013
Very long hours with little appreciate for staff. Even after 10 years with the organization, management does not see you any differently than an intern.
Equipment
Courtside/Equipment Assistant (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 30, 2013
Assist players and coaches with equipment needs. Inventory on equipment. Pack for road games. Work all home games, and travel for road games.
Minnesota Timberwolves Internship
Fan Relations Intern (Former Employee), Fan RelationsFebruary 1, 2012
Pros: well organized, nice and talented employees, opportunities for growth
Cons: too short of an internship
I had a short, but great experience at the Timberwolves. My internship was only a summer's length, but gave me the insight I wanted to know that sports is where I wanted to end up. The people were amazing, you had so many opportunities to meet everyone in the organization, and give you a great idea as to how they work as a front office.