MInted

MInted Employee Reviews

Eh
Graphic/Production Designer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 24, 2015
Cons: short term work
Show up, get timed to fullfill quota of edits per hour. The coworker range from designers, admin, etc. We all share a large open room and the environment is fairly quiet.
Call Center
Phone Operator/ Customer Service assistant (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Location, work hours, casual dress code, beer o clock
Cons: work hours, lack of enthusiasm to help, workload
The management is okay. The workload can get pretty hectic during the holiday and spring season. The pay is great as well as the benefits. For example Beer o-clock on Wednesdays when they serve free beer and wine to all employees over 21. The coworkers that have been there the longest are the most professional. However, some can be closed off/ unhelpful when it comes to asking questions. The hardest part of the job would be keeping up with multiple customer accounts and the long hours. Which are both pro's and con's. I like the casual dress code and the hour lunch because and hour is needed! Also, the locations is fantastic. The bus and BART are literally right outside the door.
A lot of learning and very interesting business for self-development
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oakland, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: free snacks, free dinner
The company culture is very positive. You get support from not only your co-workers but your supervisors. Everyone is passionate about what they doing which brings which help improve communication among co-workers and team leaders.
Great people not great communication
Design Associate (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great vibe, great team, good coffee, good snacks, good people
Cons: no benefits, work on weekends, bad communication
I loved working at Minted. It was honestly a second home. Everyone of the staff were great to work with. Many of us were taken on just for seasonal work. I was moved up along with a few others to high position. But I was not told that because I was hired through a recruiter that I was thousands more to hire for a longer contract. I had the highest numbers in my team and got great feed back, but felt like there was a lack of communication in the end.
Worked a seasonal shift for the holidays
Customer Service (B2C) (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: good snacks
Cons: oakland location - a bit sketchy
Worked at Minted through West Valley Staffing Group

Very nice management and staff. Enjoyed learning Salesforce, dealing with mostly pleasant clientele. Excellent co-workers.

Best Part of the Job — Management gave a lot of power to the employees to deal with customer issues. There were numerous issues regarding delivery where management was very generous in discounting and refunding customers to create goodwill.
Love this company
Customer Service Call Center (Current Employee), Oakland, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Just wish the season did drastically change the hours. I loved working with this company!
Don't Do It
Customer Service (Former Employee), OaklandDecember 21, 2014
Cons: everything
Don't believe the phony positive glossy reviews.I believe every worker has a right to know what they are getting into. I worked for Minted for seasonal work and it was SO disorganized. It was low wage for intellectual work...Horrible. It was like a sweat shop. I would never recommend this company for work nor recommend buying their over priced products.

Mostly everyone was unhappy in a churn culture of hipster wanna be. Employees were encouraged to yell at other employees in this hostile environment. It truly is a reflection of the CEO of this stupid company. Only work here if you are desperate, but if you catch yourself with a blade to wrist working here...don't say you weren't warned.
fun and productive workplace with snacks
Freelancer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 9, 2014
Pros: bagels in the morning, snacks, company culture.
Cons: buzzing sounds of the computers.
Was a freelancer here, it was a good experience.

Loads of snacks to fill up on when you need a snack break.

Good company culture.
Enjoyed my stay here.
fun/productive/diverse
Call Center-Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Oakland, CANovember 1, 2014
fun diverse workplace with laid-back atmosphere, great for experience in call center setting
Wonderful Working Environment
Design Associate / Quality Control Specialist (Current Employee), Oakland, CAMay 21, 2014
Pros: snacks, catered lunch one day a week, great people
Cons: low pay, boring, sometimes hard to stay awake
A Typical day as a Quality Control Specialist at Minted involves opening up card after card, and checking all of their profiles, settings, typography and colors to make sure that everything is correct and ready to launch on the website.

Aside from the low pay, would say that the actual job is the hardest part of the job. Quality Control is very necessary. However, it does not allow for creativity or problem solving or independent thinking of any kind. It can be minautinous and boring, at times making it difficult to get through the day.

What the Quality Control position did teach me was how to slow down and really look at the work. It helped give me a greater appreciation for detail and reenforced the importance of having more than one set of eyes on any project.

The actual company is wonderful. I would say the most enjoyable part of my job is Noah's Bagels Mondays and Catered Lunch Thursdays. I have found the people in management to be kind and supportive. I also really appreciate that they are not petty when it comes to time worked. If I have an appointment or need a little extra time for lunch, they don't seem to care, as long as I am reaching my goals. My coworkers are nice and always willing to help.
Intresting
Customer Service (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Nice place to work,fun group of people. Seasonal work is good!
a fun place to work at
Seasonal Design Associate (Former Employee), Oakland, CADecember 30, 2013
I enjoyed working at Minted. I learnt a lot and met great people.
fun work place
Design Associate (Current Employee), Oakland, CaDecember 6, 2013
Pros: everyone is nice and very helpful, easy access from the bart.
Cons: i'm only seasonal so its a temporary job, so no benefits and low pay.
Easy job once you get the swing of things, come in and clock in and get to work. Job provides snacks and lots of help from supervisors .
Feels great to see a lot of designers to come together in one room.

About MInted

Minted is a design marketplace. We source creative content from a global community of independent artists, then sell the best – Read more

MInted Salaries