MInted Employee Reviews in United States

Very diverse, positively creative team and truly productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 15, 2016
Really love this Company! Training is awesome! However, because of the vast amount of information, repetition could be incorporated into the training sessions. Staff is great! From the President of Minted.com to the Team Leaders. As an employee, whether you are an employees of Minted.com or contracting through an employment Staffing Agency, everyone one is treated as one and with respect. Such Creative, professional free spirits!
Pros
Really care about staff
Cons
Repetition in training because of the "Plenty" of information.
Nice place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 13, 2016
The place feel like it's in between a fresh startup and well establish company. Most of the Employees are very friendly and relaxed, but at the same time are often busy making sure everything is working alright.
Pros
Fun place
Wonderful Family Oriented
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 23, 2016
. Simple and peaceful but busy
. Multitasking, Communication skills and tracking Packages
. Wonderful person, kind-hearted
. Co-workers were friendly and caring
. Hardest Task : Teamwork
. Most Enjoyable: People
Pros
Amazing Adventures
Cons
Communication Skills
Customer Service Representative (Temp) (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 15, 2015
A typical day at MInted is working nonstop with calls from customers who are creating their Holiday cards, wedding suites or just creating a card to announce important event in their lives.

Minted has a high volume with calls, chats and emails during the holiday season, the employees are more than happy to assist each other when having problems with either navigating the website or general questions on how to assist the customer.

The hardest part of the job is being able to assist a customer that having a difficult time with getting their order.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you have helped a customer that is having a bad experience and you were able to turn it around with outstanding customer service.
Pros
Company provides breakfast and snacks for employees
Cons
Seasonal employment
Fun work atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 26, 2015
A lot of supportive colleagues and a great easy going office. Very casual but professional at the same time. Best part of going to work is knowing everyone (not just in customer service role) whether it be corporate or higher, has the same customer service goals.
Fun and Exciting Workplace
Seasonal Design Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 21, 2015
I loved working for this company. It was very "chill" and related to my major. A typical day at Minted is to log into your Minted account and pick cards, stationery, and posters to manipulate to the client's wishes. I learned many things including proofreading and Quality Control. Management was very helpful when it came to questions or if we were stumped on a project. The hardest part of the job was working with a bad photo, including: too light, too dark, blurry, damaged and filters. The most enjoyable part of working at Minted was the environment and the job was related to my interests and major.
Pros
Free snacks and coffee, very close to BART, fun work.
Cons
Adding more hours.
Great balance of work and play!
Design Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 5, 2015
I absolutely love working here because I love what I do, it's as simple as that. I get to learn new things and apply them immediately on the floor. I think that's probably the best thing about it. I like how everything is like a step. You get small and simple orders and when you think you're ready for the next step, you take it! And it's always a great bonus when you love the people you work with! I love working in a design-intensive environment because the people are always so interesting and inspiring to keep creating art!

I think what's difficult is that different people have different opinions and have different styles to approaching a situation so sometimes a design has to be re-done because two people might not agree on the same thing. However, we learn to compromise and not put our personal interest get in the way but generally have the customer's best interest in mind.
Pros
Fully stacked kitchen, fully stacked stationary stall, free design expression
Cons
Unstable working schedule
Eh
Graphic/Production Designer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 24, 2015
Show up, get timed to fullfill quota of edits per hour. The coworker range from designers, admin, etc. We all share a large open room and the environment is fairly quiet.
Cons
short term work
Call Center
Phone Operator/ Customer Service assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 17, 2015
The management is okay. The workload can get pretty hectic during the holiday and spring season. The pay is great as well as the benefits. For example Beer o-clock on Wednesdays when they serve free beer and wine to all employees over 21. The coworkers that have been there the longest are the most professional. However, some can be closed off/ unhelpful when it comes to asking questions. The hardest part of the job would be keeping up with multiple customer accounts and the long hours. Which are both pro's and con's. I like the casual dress code and the hour lunch because and hour is needed! Also, the locations is fantastic. The bus and BART are literally right outside the door.
Pros
Location, work hours, casual dress code, beer o clock
Cons
work hours, lack of enthusiasm to help, workload
A lot of learning and very interesting business for self-development
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 20, 2015
The company culture is very positive. You get support from not only your co-workers but your supervisors. Everyone is passionate about what they doing which brings which help improve communication among co-workers and team leaders.
Pros
free snacks, free dinner
Great people not great communication
Design Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 26, 2015
I loved working at Minted. It was honestly a second home. Everyone of the staff were great to work with. Many of us were taken on just for seasonal work. I was moved up along with a few others to high position. But I was not told that because I was hired through a recruiter that I was thousands more to hire for a longer contract. I had the highest numbers in my team and got great feed back, but felt like there was a lack of communication in the end.
Pros
great vibe, great team, good coffee, good snacks, good people
Cons
no benefits, work on weekends, bad communication
Worked a seasonal shift for the holidays
Customer Service (B2C) (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Worked at Minted through West Valley Staffing Group

Very nice management and staff. Enjoyed learning Salesforce, dealing with mostly pleasant clientele. Excellent co-workers.

Best Part of the Job — Management gave a lot of power to the employees to deal with customer issues. There were numerous issues regarding delivery where management was very generous in discounting and refunding customers to create goodwill.
Pros
good snacks
Cons
oakland location - a bit sketchy
Love this company
Customer Service Call Center (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Just wish the season did drastically change the hours. I loved working with this company!
Don't Do It
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  OaklandDecember 21, 2014
Don't believe the phony positive glossy reviews.I believe every worker has a right to know what they are getting into. I worked for Minted for seasonal work and it was SO disorganized. It was low wage for intellectual work...Horrible. It was like a sweat shop. I would never recommend this company for work nor recommend buying their over priced products.

Mostly everyone was unhappy in a churn culture of hipster wanna be. Employees were encouraged to yell at other employees in this hostile environment. It truly is a reflection of the CEO of this stupid company. Only work here if you are desperate, but if you catch yourself with a blade to wrist working here...don't say you weren't warned.
Cons
everything
fun and productive workplace with snacks
Freelancer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 9, 2014
Was a freelancer here, it was a good experience.

Loads of snacks to fill up on when you need a snack break.

Good company culture.
Enjoyed my stay here.
Pros
bagels in the morning, snacks, company culture.
Cons
buzzing sounds of the computers.
fun/productive/diverse
Call Center-Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 1, 2014
fun diverse workplace with laid-back atmosphere, great for experience in call center setting
Wonderful Working Environment
Design Associate / Quality Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 21, 2014
A Typical day as a Quality Control Specialist at Minted involves opening up card after card, and checking all of their profiles, settings, typography and colors to make sure that everything is correct and ready to launch on the website.

Aside from the low pay, would say that the actual job is the hardest part of the job. Quality Control is very necessary. However, it does not allow for creativity or problem solving or independent thinking of any kind. It can be minautinous and boring, at times making it difficult to get through the day.

What the Quality Control position did teach me was how to slow down and really look at the work. It helped give me a greater appreciation for detail and reenforced the importance of having more than one set of eyes on any project.

The actual company is wonderful. I would say the most enjoyable part of my job is Noah's Bagels Mondays and Catered Lunch Thursdays. I have found the people in management to be kind and supportive. I also really appreciate that they are not petty when it comes to time worked. If I have an appointment or need a little extra time for lunch, they don't seem to care, as long as I am reaching my goals. My coworkers are nice and always willing to help.
Pros
snacks, catered lunch one day a week, great people
Cons
low pay, boring, sometimes hard to stay awake
Intresting
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Nice place to work,fun group of people. Seasonal work is good!
a fun place to work at
Seasonal Design Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 30, 2013
I enjoyed working at Minted. I learnt a lot and met great people.
fun work place
Design Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CaDecember 6, 2013
Easy job once you get the swing of things, come in and clock in and get to work. Job provides snacks and lots of help from supervisors .
Feels great to see a lot of designers to come together in one room.
Pros
everyone is nice and very helpful, easy access from the bart.
Cons
i'm only seasonal so its a temporary job, so no benefits and low pay.

2.7