MINUTE CLINIC Employee Reviews

I love Minute Clinic
Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 1, 2017
My supervisor is great, she is very understanding. The salary is good also especially in the Pittsburgh area.

Schedule is very flexible you are required to take a one hour lunch.
Pros
1 hour lunch during the week that is required
Cons
Holidays and weekends
Independent role with lots of autonomy
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLMarch 20, 2017
Independent role with lots of autonomy. Busy, fast paced. Lots of patients with URIs, UTIs and wellness checks. Position requires ordering/stocking supplies and managing clinic which adds to a very busy work schedule
Pros
Independence, limited on call
Cons
Lots of responsibility and not always enough time to get things done
good place for new NP
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse-FNP (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMarch 6, 2017
It is good for brand new NP to transition from bedside to diagnosing and treating. However, you wear many hats....cashier, NA, NP,...you do it all. Also, you are extremely limited on treatments, no medrol dose packs or steroids, EVERYONE has a sore throat and they always think its strep.
Pros
Autonomy. staring at chocolate all day
Cons
hours not allowed to shut down like 16-20 minutes before 7 to close up shop. You have to tally money, fill out a bunch of forms, try to find a manager to turn it over to
Practice is too restricted
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 20, 2017
Practice is limited to a very specific set of guidelines, and NPs are not allowed to deviate from those guidelines. They also don't allow management of chronic disease such as hypertension and diabetes.
Not what you expect in employment
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Maryville, TNDecember 31, 2016
It is a very FRUGAL company that is taking away benefits as much as they can from the employees. Also, must wait until the last minute to get vacations and time off approved because of staffing issues.
Pros
Work for corporation
Cons
cheap, hard to be guaranteed time off, continually taking away benefits already given to employees.
Great job for new nurse practitioners
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MADecember 12, 2016
I enjoy working for Minute Clinic and the type of work that it entails. The patient ages run from 18months and up. The type of work over the years has become more challenging and Minute Clinic has strived to encompass more services to care for more of the community. I've enjoyed seeing patients and their families over the years. Although it is not primary care, it is very possible to develop a patient panel. The service is appreciated for the hours of availability, excellent patient care and overall positive experiences.
Pros
Enjoyable work. Autonomy with support from fellow clinicians.
Cons
Every other weekend. Pay could be much better
unpredictable
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Pace, FLNovember 29, 2016
I never received traditional full-time hours because they considered FT to 30hr/wk so my check would only be 65hr. We were open on ALL major holidays. Benefits were not great and had to be on call for 7 other stores 2-3 times per 6 wk schedule and could potentially end up driving 1hr and 30 min away for your home clinic without any gas reimbursement!!
Pros
1 hr lunch
Cons
You must do all your own clinic cleaning/upkeep, no ancillary staff, being on call, sub par benefits, no 80hr checks
Company review
LVN Nurse/Telehealth (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 10, 2016
Great to learn new skills, and gain knowledge. Worked with many different age groups. Learned different Medical record documenting technology, Assisting with the Nurse Practitioners via Tele-health was very rewarding and fun.
Excellent company to work for, competitive salary.
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 23, 2016
Work autonomously, great opportunity to teach. Typical work day you can see up to 30 patients. Collaborating physician available via telephone.
Keep looking
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILAugust 29, 2016
You will lose all your hard earned skills. It is all about getting people end and out. Little room for upward mobility. A position for a person who is on the downside of their career.
Can work your day and be out on time
Family Nurse Practitioner, Missouri (Current Employee) –  MissouriAugust 16, 2016
It provides another avenue for family practice. It is guideline based and structured. It would be a great place for new grads to get familiar with guidelines and is a good place for those wanting a little break from the more complex patients.
Pros
You are basically out on time
Cons
No windows and work alone.
Nice place to work.
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2016
Minute Clinic has excellent benefits and is a great place to work. The scheduling can be difficult at times. Minute clinic has many knowledge nurse practitioners that are always available if there is every a clinical practice question.
Excellent place to work! I love working at Minute Clinic!
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 26, 2016
It is a very balanced work place. We work independently but have a very supportive network of excellent professionals who are always ready to assist in any way they can. I love the hours, the close contact with my patients, the pay is excellent. I have nothing to complain, absolutely nothing.
Pros
Good hours, flexible scheduling, excellent organization to work for.
Cons
Sometimes handling the high inflow of patients can be challenging, but not anything impossible to handle.
Not as good as it was
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 9, 2015
Poor management, very little work-life balance. You can be promised a double provider or LPN but that never happens as we are always short staffed. Cannot keep or recruit great providers. Every year seems to take away a benefit. They make it harder and harder to get a productivity bonus and merit raise based on what your manager thinks of you and not what you do. What you are told for hours, location, wage etc is not what happens.
Pros
hour lunch during week
Cons
no work/life balance, no support from mgmt or corporate.
Fast paced setting with NP responsible for every detail of the practice.
My clinic partner (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 7, 2015
It was a great chance to jump into a primary care setting. Collaboration between other NPs and Physicians was very helpful in the beginning. Saw a wide variety of patients. Responsibility for ordering all supplies, handling insurance, stocking cabinets, running health promotions taking payment, cleaning the clinic, etc... helped me to learn to organize my time.
Pros
Great clinic partner
Cons
Worked alone which occasionally led to long waits for disgruntled patients.
Not What I Signed Up For
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 14, 2015
When I interviewed for MinuteClinic, the job sounded amazing. I absolutely love my patient population and my job description as a whole, but the management is manipulative. You can put in for vacation 6 months in advance, but often you don't get approved or denied until a few weeks before the planned PTO. What good is PTO if you can't use it even if you apply for it in advance? They boast a flexible schedule and "self-scheduling" but that is only if the manager approves your schedule, and in my experience there have definitely been times when I didn't pick up an extra shift because I had other plans and my manager made it a point that I would get scheduled to work on another day (at least on call) when I already had other plans. Benefits are great, pay is competitive. So as a whole I would say 3/5 total work environment.
fun work place
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2015
Open clinic, prepare to see patients, great patients, complete assessments and treatments. Documentation in EMR. Assist patients with check in Kiosh. Clean clinic and organize and reorder supplies. Communicate with manager on any issues.
Pros
Day was over when you checked out
Cons
Patients were sometimes not happy with wait times.
Positive is you leave your job at work.
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisJuly 10, 2015
OK if you don't mind taking out the trash by walking through the store to the stockroom passing your prior patients. Also under store manager...really! They will expect you to be out in store if no patients. Responsible for shipping back expired vaccines and logging them into a confusing website; boxing up sharps, setting up UPS pick up etc. Long lines and patients come into the clinic angry. Bonus based on how long they have to wait. So if you are in a busy clinic bonus will be minimal. But NPs working in slow clinics will get a better bonus than you because of better if any wait time; doesn't make any sense.
Pros
Able to leave work at home
Cons
Many duties way below degree; responsible to CVS store manager, etc.
Doc in a Box type medical facility
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 7, 2015
helpful with providing community based care however all run by standard guidelines which require little to know thought.. management required over 80 hr work weeks with stress
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
short to no breaks. only care about numbers not patients.
Retail Health
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Portland, TXApril 9, 2015
I believe in retail health for our community. The patients love that we
are here and easily accessible. Thus it is called convenient care.
I do not like the way the NP works alone doing everything from insurance to collecting the bill at the end.
Minute clinic would be awesome if you could have a medical assistant to help.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
you do everything, no help

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MINUTE CLINIC. Our community is ready to answer.