MINUTE CLINIC Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent place to work! I love working at Minute Clinic!
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 26, 2016
It is a very balanced work place. We work independently but have a very supportive network of excellent professionals who are always ready to assist in any way they can. I love the hours, the close contact with my patients, the pay is excellent. I have nothing to complain, absolutely nothing.
Pros
Good hours, flexible scheduling, excellent organization to work for.
Cons
Sometimes handling the high inflow of patients can be challenging, but not anything impossible to handle.
Not as good as it was
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 9, 2015
Poor management, very little work-life balance. You can be promised a double provider or LPN but that never happens as we are always short staffed. Cannot keep or recruit great providers. Every year seems to take away a benefit. They make it harder and harder to get a productivity bonus and merit raise based on what your manager thinks of you and not what you do. What you are told for hours, location, wage etc is not what happens.
Pros
hour lunch during week
Cons
no work/life balance, no support from mgmt or corporate.
Fast paced setting with NP responsible for every detail of the practice.
My clinic partner (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 7, 2015
It was a great chance to jump into a primary care setting. Collaboration between other NPs and Physicians was very helpful in the beginning. Saw a wide variety of patients. Responsibility for ordering all supplies, handling insurance, stocking cabinets, running health promotions taking payment, cleaning the clinic, etc... helped me to learn to organize my time.
Pros
Great clinic partner
Cons
Worked alone which occasionally led to long waits for disgruntled patients.
Not What I Signed Up For
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 14, 2015
When I interviewed for MinuteClinic, the job sounded amazing. I absolutely love my patient population and my job description as a whole, but the management is manipulative. You can put in for vacation 6 months in advance, but often you don't get approved or denied until a few weeks before the planned PTO. What good is PTO if you can't use it even if you apply for it in advance? They boast a flexible schedule and "self-scheduling" but that is only if the manager approves your schedule, and in my experience there have definitely been times when I didn't pick up an extra shift because I had other plans and my manager made it a point that I would get scheduled to work on another day (at least on call) when I already had other plans. Benefits are great, pay is competitive. So as a whole I would say 3/5 total work environment.
fun work place
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2015
Open clinic, prepare to see patients, great patients, complete assessments and treatments. Documentation in EMR. Assist patients with check in Kiosh. Clean clinic and organize and reorder supplies. Communicate with manager on any issues.
Pros
Day was over when you checked out
Cons
Patients were sometimes not happy with wait times.
Positive is you leave your job at work.
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisJuly 10, 2015
OK if you don't mind taking out the trash by walking through the store to the stockroom passing your prior patients. Also under store manager...really! They will expect you to be out in store if no patients. Responsible for shipping back expired vaccines and logging them into a confusing website; boxing up sharps, setting up UPS pick up etc. Long lines and patients come into the clinic angry. Bonus based on how long they have to wait. So if you are in a busy clinic bonus will be minimal. But NPs working in slow clinics will get a better bonus than you because of better if any wait time; doesn't make any sense.
Pros
Able to leave work at home
Cons
Many duties way below degree; responsible to CVS store manager, etc.
Doc in a Box type medical facility
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 7, 2015
helpful with providing community based care however all run by standard guidelines which require little to know thought.. management required over 80 hr work weeks with stress
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
short to no breaks. only care about numbers not patients.
Retail Health
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Portland, TXApril 9, 2015
I believe in retail health for our community. The patients love that we
are here and easily accessible. Thus it is called convenient care.
I do not like the way the NP works alone doing everything from insurance to collecting the bill at the end.
Minute clinic would be awesome if you could have a medical assistant to help.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
you do everything, no help
Don't Care About Their Employees- Working Robots
NP (Current Employee) –  MOFebruary 25, 2015
Very little support and lack of training. You are literally by yourself in a tiny boxed in clinic. Management constantly downgrading benefits. I hate to blame middle management per say for these issues because I am sure the "higher ups" have more to do with it. I think middle management are doing the best they can with the system set in place, which sometimes feels like a system that views its employees like robots. There are also so many limitations it is ridiculous and insulting to NPs. I really degrades the education and hard work put into your advancement as a medical provider. I honestly feel this is run by a bunch of doctors who think that this is all NPs should be doing and limited to- basically sinus infections and strep. Patients treat you like you work at a fast food joint. Education reimbursement is about $1500 which is reasonable. Expect to come to work even in a state of emergency and even if urgent cares are shut down. Prepare to see 30-60 patients+ in the fall-winter without any double staffing or support whatsoever. Prepare to do everything in the clinic from taking out the trash, ordering all clinic supplies, checking the bathroom for cleanliness, mopping floors, entering insurance info, and cleaning up vomit, etc. Prepare to barely see any co-workers or management throughout the year. Prepare to have extremely rude patients. Prepare to be sick all the time, as you are in a tiny room without any ventilation and patients coughing in your face.
Pros
reasonable compensation, pto, and cme reimbursement
Cons
lack of support, prepare to be sick, patient overload, lack of training
first NP job
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaFebruary 18, 2015
Assessed, examined, treated , and counseled different patients, Was very satisfied with the clientele and co-worker populations. Was able to perform my job duties in a pleasant and relaxing environment. Unfortunately, as time went on I was laid off.
Pros
very fulfilling
Cons
not secure
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge, MAJanuary 2, 2015
Good benefits and hours, however you will work weekends and some holidays. Independent role - usually no other NPs on site.
Productive and hard worker.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 9, 2014
I enjoy helping people, I am very easy to get along with great team player. i am always on time for work i follow directions well giving to me by my supervisors. I never miss a day of work, unless it is death in the family, i bring a positive attitude to the work environment. I never let my outside problems get in the way of my job.
Pros
i am a great team player
Minute Clinic is the oldest retail health provider. It's a great place for new providers.
Clinical Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Zionsville, INAugust 27, 2013
As a clinic practice manager I worked about 20 hours per week in the clinic as a provider. When not in the clinic I was involved in the hiring and training of new providers. I also rounded my clinics regularly to make sure shings were going well and that my providers had everything they need. I worked with a great bunch of providers. Motivated, young, bright providers with tremendous potential. That was by far the best part of the job. The least pleasant part was just the usual paperwork that goes with such a position. It's not hard, it's just always there.
Pros
great colleagues
Cons
really none. some of the days coiuld get a little long, but, again, that's just part of the job.
Productive and fun workplace.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMarch 4, 2013
A typical day at the workplace was enjoyable for me to come to work it was a friendly environment. I interacted everyday with customers and enter insurance infomation answered outgoing and incoming calls etc.
Great orientation and supportive co-workers
Certified Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 29, 2013
Te supervisor was outstanding! Good leadership certainly was/is important to implement success for the business.

Would highly recommend a nurse practitioner to work for Minute Clinic.
Pros
good hours and supportive environment
Cons
rooms could be bigger. the new clinics that are being built have bigger rooms.
Was great until......
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 19, 2012
The clinic was closed two weeks before Christmas.
However, had great co-workers, a great manager and really enjoyed the work. Would work here again!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MINUTE CLINIC. Our community is ready to answer.