MINUTE CLINIC

MINUTE CLINIC Employee Reviews

Retail Health
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Portland, TXApril 9, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: you do everything, no help
I believe in retail health for our community. The patients love that we
are here and easily accessible. Thus it is called convenient care.
I do not like the way the NP works alone doing everything from insurance to collecting the bill at the end.
Minute clinic would be awesome if you could have a medical assistant to help.
Don't Care About Their Employees- Working Robots
NP (Current Employee), MOFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: reasonable compensation, pto, and cme reimbursement
Cons: lack of support, prepare to be sick, patient overload, lack of training
Very little support and lack of training. You are literally by yourself in a tiny boxed in clinic. Management constantly downgrading benefits. I hate to blame middle management per say for these issues because I am sure the "higher ups" have more to do with it. I think middle management are doing the best they can with the system set in place, which sometimes feels like a system that views its employees like robots. There are also so many limitations it is ridiculous and insulting to NPs. I really degrades the education and hard work put into your advancement as a medical provider. I honestly feel this is run by a bunch of doctors who think that this is all NPs should be doing and limited to- basically sinus infections and strep. Patients treat you like you work at a fast food joint. Education reimbursement is about $1500 which is reasonable. Expect to come to work even in a state of emergency and even if urgent cares are shut down. Prepare to see 30-60 patients+ in the fall-winter without any double staffing or support whatsoever. Prepare to do everything in the clinic from taking out the trash, ordering all clinic supplies, checking the bathroom for cleanliness, mopping floors, entering insurance info, and cleaning up vomit, etc. Prepare to barely see any co-workers or management throughout the year. Prepare to have extremely rude patients. Prepare to be sick all the time, as you are in a tiny room without any ventilation and patients coughing in your face.
first NP job
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: very fulfilling
Cons: not secure
Assessed, examined, treated , and counseled different patients, Was very satisfied with the clientele and co-worker populations. Was able to perform my job duties in a pleasant and relaxing environment. Unfortunately, as time went on I was laid off.
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Uxbridge, MAJanuary 2, 2015
Good benefits and hours, however you will work weekends and some holidays. Independent role - usually no other NPs on site.
Productive and hard worker.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 9, 2014
Pros: i am a great team player
I enjoy helping people, I am very easy to get along with great team player. i am always on time for work i follow directions well giving to me by my supervisors. I never miss a day of work, unless it is death in the family, i bring a positive attitude to the work environment. I never let my outside problems get in the way of my job.
Minute Clinic is the oldest retail health provider. It's a great place for new providers.
Clinical Practice Manager (Current Employee), Zionsville, INAugust 27, 2013
Pros: great colleagues
Cons: really none. some of the days coiuld get a little long, but, again, that's just part of the job.
As a clinic practice manager I worked about 20 hours per week in the clinic as a provider. When not in the clinic I was involved in the hiring and training of new providers. I also rounded my clinics regularly to make sure shings were going well and that my providers had everything they need. I worked with a great bunch of providers. Motivated, young, bright providers with tremendous potential. That was by far the best part of the job. The least pleasant part was just the usual paperwork that goes with such a position. It's not hard, it's just always there.
Productive and fun workplace.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNMarch 4, 2013
A typical day at the workplace was enjoyable for me to come to work it was a friendly environment. I interacted everyday with customers and enter insurance infomation answered outgoing and incoming calls etc.
Great orientation and supportive co-workers
Certified Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: good hours and supportive environment
Cons: rooms could be bigger. the new clinics that are being built have bigger rooms.
Te supervisor was outstanding! Good leadership certainly was/is important to implement success for the business.

Would highly recommend a nurse practitioner to work for Minute Clinic.
Was great until......
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), PennsylvaniaAugust 19, 2012
The clinic was closed two weeks before Christmas.
However, had great co-workers, a great manager and really enjoyed the work. Would work here again!!

About MINUTE CLINIC

Size matters to CVS Caremark (formerly CVS), the nation's #2 drugstore chain and a leading pharmacy benefits manager with more – Read more

MINUTE CLINIC Salaries