Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Employer Reviews

The only thing that keeps me returning to work is my customers.
Customer Service, / Bindery Operations (Current Employee), Yakima, WAJune 18, 2014
Pros: vacation and sick leave
Cons: no retirement plan, low pay, no dental or vision, unsupervised
Everyday is different, there is no typical day. I love when I have a lot of work to do for the day vs not having much to do.
I have learned some typesetting, how to operate the copy machines, good inventory skills, excellent customer service skills, how to operate efficiently.
I have only 1 co worker, I have learned to have patience and understand we – more... don't think or work the same.

My favorite things about my job is every day is different, and most of my customers are awesome.
I don't like the fact that we aren't busy every day, and this job is not structured. – less
Minuteman press Production Supervisor
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), East Haven, CTJune 16, 2014
Pros: locations and hours
Cons: no retirement plan, limited benefits. no growth
Review Job log, review incoming projects, set up the press schedule as well as bindery and Driver.
I learned the requirements for FSC certification and with it, set up our company and obtained certification.

The hardest part of the position was getting all the required information on correct job tickets from the customer service reps.

Working with – more... my production team and helping them grow as printing professionals, not just workers. – less
Need to Work in a New Environment
Head Graphic Designer and Art & Pre-press Manager (Current Employee), Quakertown, PAJune 10, 2014
Pros: variety of jobs involving design
Cons: the work environment and air quality in a small print shop
My typical day of work is dealing with design and pre-press work. I manage the whole art and pre-press department and love the work I do. There is nobody else to help, so it's quite tricky sometimes when multi-tasking...
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer / Production Artist (Former Employee), Miramar, FLJune 5, 2014
The job responsibilities were well within my capabilities. The employees were a pleasure to work with. Management changed during my employment and the company suffered some financial set-backs.
Dynamic team environment
Lead Artist - Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COJune 3, 2014
Pros: paid insurance, pto, 401(k)
Cons: the fort collins franchise went out of business
I loved working for Minuteman Press, Fort Collins. The teamwork among the employees was a very rare thing in the industry. Everyone had each other's back.

To the employees, customer satisfaction was of paramount importance. This resulted in less than 1% returns on completed jobs.
very caring kind family run franchise
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hyannis, MAJune 2, 2014
ability to learn another facet of the printing industry/great place to work
Intelligent and Friendly Atmosphere
Receptionist/Indoor Sales/Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Macon, GAApril 24, 2014
Everyday brought new challenges, but also new things for me to learn from and use my problem solving skills with success. I learned that I am very good under pressure and can easily adapt to change. Management was always very helpful and willing to give good advice to make work easier. My co-workers were very easy to work with, we got along well and – more... worked together to get things done proficiently. The hardest part was when we had customers wanting things for free, but we all came up with a great way to handle it, sale the product and keep the customer happy. The most enjoyable part of this job was the simple fact that I loved working where I could help, meet, and encourage new people. – less
Productive, basic learning
Graphic Artist (Former Employee), Levittown, PRMarch 14, 2014
Very first job straight out of college. Very enriching. Learned the basics here.
Dynamic environment
Business Manager (Current Employee), Newark, OHMarch 4, 2014
Pros: small company
Cons: small company
This position is never dull, requiring multitasking. The co-workers are very pleasant and because of their time with the company are considered friends.
Fun atmosphere and great workers
Bindery Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2014
Loved doing my job but now I have a degree in Accounting, ready to pursue a job in my field.
Good place to start a career
Lead Graphic Designer (Current Employee), McMurray, PAJanuary 27, 2014
Nice environment to work at. Base salary and no benefits.
Excellent if you are starting your career
A Slowly Derailing Train Wreck
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Butler, PAJanuary 3, 2014
A company full of lies, sneaky backstabbers and people who think they're better than you.
Good place to work with a variety of experiences
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 24, 2013
Pros: a wide variety of responsibilities and experiences
Cons: little room for advancement
The nice thing about this job is that there is no typical day. Sometimes it's a nice, even pace assisting the owner of the company with her calendar and prioritizing the various jobs. Other times it's trying to find something a customer wants, which entails frantically talking to vendors and searching the internet.
Great place to work!
2/color Pressman (Current Employee), Rocky Hill, CTDecember 11, 2013
A typical day includes , producing custom customer orders !
Busy
Graphic Artist, Production, Customer Service (Former Employee), Anaheim Hills, CANovember 25, 2013
Pros: lot of work
Cons: none really
It was a very busy place to work, job requirements were many. Very challenging and fulfilling.
Belittling Boss so I quit
Graphic designer (Former Employee), Edmonton, Alberta, CanadaOctober 23, 2013
Cons: management
The management at Jasper Ave. was HORRIBLE. The man is a complete jerk. He was giving poor training. He said that he would take the time to teach me in the email because I had a good attitude yet he talked to me like I was an idiot and an incompetent person. He insulted my graphic design major. I mean he was complaining that he hasn't been able to hire – more... people within 8 months and there's a reason for that. The way he treats people is horrible. He was so weird he told me to take notes of what he said and then when i wanted to take notes for my memory, he basically yelled at me to not remember.

Everyone remembers and learns things differently and he was insulting the way that helps me remember. I was really disappointed with the management.

Honestly the owner of minute man press who is this person's supervisor should analyze why he's not able to hire people because he has a poor manner and he doesn't treat his employees well.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND this place. – less
Franchise print store
Graphic Designer / Typesetter / Prepress (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 30, 2013
Pros: customer interaction
Cons: working for a franchise owner
Minute Man Press store is a typical small print shop, providing copies and prints for customers. Specializing in business cards and promotional products.
Spot on management and happy work place
Print Shop Assistant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 29, 2013
A typical day at work includes assisting others with their work, such as loading paper into printers and cleaning around the shop. Basically whenever an extra hand was needed I was there.
The management was very proffesional. Everything was taken care of and nothing was swept under the rug. Knowing that made us confident in our work place, and encouraged – more... us to cotinue putting forth our best efforts. Nothing was quite as satisfying as seeing a job well done. – less
Great work environment
Administrative Assistant Trainee (Former Employee), Greenville, TXSeptember 23, 2013
very helpful,great trainer, always busy never a dull moment
Good Place to work
Marketing Director (Former Employee), Des Peres, MOSeptember 3, 2013
Good group to work with. Work 8-5 outside sales and implementing marketing plans.

1 2 3