Minuteman Press Employee Reviews

Does not properly train employees
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 7, 2017
In one year there were 12 people that were in the customer service position, and all either quit or were fired. There is a huge lack of training given in order to be successful in the job position. The owners do not communicate effectively with the employees. Often times they were very disrespectful in the manner in which they spoke to employees, especially those asking for help or further training.
Pros
Cons
Tons
fast paced, customer service oriented
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXNovember 3, 2017
The typical day was never typical. One never knows what customers will bring in. This is what made it so much fun. I loved this job. The environment was creative, the interactions with other employees was creative and interesting as well.
Pros
Customer interaction, flexibility, creative environment
Cons
Time lines. Competing with internet sales.
Small shop good people
Design/Production/Marketing/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTOctober 11, 2017
nice place to be for eight hours a day.
Management is good. Work culture is relaxed.
The hardest part of the job is the customer care, but that is minimal. Most of our clients are great. The most enjoyable part of the job... customer care. Most of our clients are great
Fast paced/casual environment/low compensation and minimal benefits
Graphic Designer/Production Artist (Current Employee) –  Hudson, WIOctober 10, 2017
Fast paced burn and turn design. Wide variety of projects utilizing a wide variety of design skills. Casual work environment. Very minimal benefits, lower end compensation.
Frustrating place to work.
Customer Service Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 4, 2017
I answered all client and customer calls. Worked with them to create their project, flyer, bc or catalog etc.
Many parts of this job was frustrating. One being that there was no set price for anything which made if very hard to give answers to customers over the phone. Management was a misguided and unorganized.
A week did not go by without a printer breaking down. I did learn how to clear a massive paper jam in just a few minutes.
I did learn a lot about the printing business. Learned to operate many business machines. I enjoyed working with clients to achieve their goals.
Pros
Flexible when time off needed.
Cons
Frustrating operations and management. No chance of advancement.
Very poor management
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAOctober 4, 2017
Very poor management with no room for advancement. Very poor salary with no benefits. No order or balance between management and employees. Very poor communication.
Pros
Laid-back work environment
Cons
Poor salary with no benefits
Estimator Position comes with unrealistic expectaions
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 28, 2017
The Customer Service provided by the company is incredible and outstanding.
Very organized and upbeat atmosphere however the estimator position is a high pressure position with unrealistic expectations during peak levels.
Many that are hired for Estimator position last less than 1-week!
Owner Walt has made sexist comments and his constructive criticism comes off harsh to many employees.
Pros
Many lunches and treats during the year
Cons
daily & monthly meetings / dept mngrs strict
Do not work here!
NA (Former Employee) –  Middletown, RISeptember 22, 2017
Management is disgusting and rude, they treat people like nothing and from the moment that I start working here. And other people who come in to search for Jobs they are so nasty to them.
Very productive fun working environment great staff.
Digital Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLSeptember 1, 2017
Great working environment not stressful at all. A typical day at work was very organized and had a great staff. I learned to use book press machines and printers great for future experiences. The management was very kind and understanding great people to work for. the job was not hard at all I very much enjoyed it. the most enjoyable part of the job was the job itself. I never woke up thinking i didn't want to go to work because it was a place i enjoyed working at.
Pros
holiday parties
Cons
30 min breaks
Great Place Very Competitive and Hard to find good help
PEABODY - OWNER (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MAAugust 30, 2017
I am the current owner and based on the competitiveness in the area and having the lack of help, is making me think, this may not have been the right choice for me.
Pros
Owner
Cons
Inconsistency
Good place to work *****
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAAugust 24, 2017
I am very curious to why I am being asked to review the company I owned and managed. Pretty sure I am not going to say anything negative. Again not sure how this benifits me the applicant
Good co-workers
Print Production Manager/Graphic Design (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAAugust 16, 2017
Poor management, no communication, no benefits, liked the work, not appreciated for my efforts, got along with customers and co-workers, left to run shop alone much for the time
Great place to work depending on the owners
Manager/Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILJuly 23, 2017
My experience with Minuteman Press has been GREAT! This is mainly due to the owners. They gave me a great opportunity by putting me on base salary + commission.
Pros
Commission Based
Cons
No benefits.
Relaxed self governing
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaver Falls, PAJuly 18, 2017
A typical day of work consisted of coming in ,making coffee, setting up my work station, calibrating all the printers in the building, waiting for our production meeting and going through any and all job orders that were given to me
Pros
Ocasinal free lunch
Cons
Very cut throat on mistakes
Dealing directly with the clients... gift and curse
Lead Graphic Designer & Print Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 11, 2017
This is one of the places where you have to be everything. Designer, printer, phone person, secretary- everything. It's pretty typical of you mom and pop kind of set-up.
Pros
Lots of people to deal with
Cons
Lots of people to deal with
Depends on the Franchise owner
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Rather not sayJuly 9, 2017
Minuteman Press is a franchise, so your experience will vary depending on the owner. Corporate is kind of clueless and incredibly unhelpful a lot of the time so you really rely on your boss to show you the ropes. Luckily, my boss is a great guy so while the work is boring and monotonous, I don't hate the day to day grind because he lets me work at my own pace without supervision with the understanding that everything gets done in a timely fashion.

Wouldn't recommend the franchise as a whole, but if you can find a decent manager/boss it's not terrible.
Semi productive
Sign fabricator & installer (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 28, 2017
Management was a mother and son who fought on a daily basis, and enjoyed "firing customer" as they called it.It got to the point where I was embarrassed to work there and had to move on after a few months.
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
constant antamosity
Amazing friendly work enviroment
Marketing Manager & Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Downey, CAJune 22, 2017
Amazing friendly environment and great customer service with amazing management that really listen and respect your opinion.

Thriving always for updating and providing the most up to date equipments.
Pros
You are appreciated
Minuteman Press Review
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 21, 2017
Working at Minuteman was on an infrequent, temporary basis for several years. Cramped work environment due to the number of machines kept on hand, several of the larger pieces were not even operational the day they were delivered. Fellow employees got along reasonably well with one another as well as with customers. The hardest part of the job was fixing a broken machine and the most enjoyable part would have to be the social interaction on the job.
Pros
Part of a larger corporation, Minuteman has very specific standards it likes to keep.
Cons
The size of the operation during my employment meant large orders with minimal staff.
Good Environment
Office Administration/Lead Promotional Rep (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLMay 29, 2017
Good environment and owners, high stress because everything has close deadlines. Everyday is busy which is a good thing because the time flies by. You need to be very customer service oriented because a lot of people do not understand how printing works and you need patience to explain it to them.