Minuteman Press Employee Reviews

Poorly run with no room to advance.
Graphic Technician (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILAugust 24, 2016
Management/owner asks FAR too much of employees, well beyond the scope of job descriptions. No incentive programs in place or any paths to advancement. Minimal compensation and benefits. Employees are expected to perform work violating state and federal labor laws. Management does not understand or respect the skills of employees nor do they understand the technical aspects of the business. Management poorly equips employees to complete tasks. Workplace has no culture whatsoever. Tasks assigned are not engaging and do not challenge the skills of veteran employees. Management rarely listens to concerns of employees.
Pros
Tasks are easy, if a bit simple.
Cons
Workload requires violating state and federal labor laws, poor compensation, no culture.
No way!
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJJune 1, 2016
Do not work for Minuteman press in Somerville. The management is horrible, you will not be trusted to do your job constant micro management. No proper ventilation for the printers they have in such a small space. Employees are nice. If your looking for a place where you can be creative and enjoy your job atmosphere this is not the place to be for more then 3 months. They are always posting employment opportunities on here or Craigslist mainly because they can not hold onto their employees. If your just starting out in this field you will learn alot here but will quickly run for the hills. And thats what you should do. Way better out there.
Pros
Learn alot
Cons
Poor management, poor treatment of employees, micromanaged, small working environment, breathing in fumes all day from big printers.
Refusal to pay
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 14, 2016
While work at Minuteman Press was typically fulfilling and interesting, the owner of the business broke contract and refused to pay for the months of work provided.
Initially I was willing to allow them some leeway as one of the team fell deathly ill, however when another few months passed without pay, I attempted to press the matter. I was fired, and am still attempting to retrieve the pay owed to me.
Pros
Diverse work experience
Cons
Unwilling to pay employees
Minuteman Press was fun to work for.
Account Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 1, 2016
I liked getting out and meeting potential clients. It gave me the opportunity to network and meet with Chamber of Commerce members. It was great to represent a company's professional image on a paper medium! I loved the concept to fruition challenge.
Pros
Taking an idea from concept to fruition
Cons
Cold calling. I networked instead.
No Office Environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOSeptember 6, 2016
Worked with owner to design new logo and order business stationery and bid sheets.
Worked with businesses for company supplies and insurance.
Kept records for accounting books done in Excel.
Communicated with customers for new job bids
Scheduled jobs for when the crew would be out to work on and complete the job.
Assisted with ground work on the job site.
Productive Fun Place of Employment
Creative Director (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXNovember 22, 2016
Great Place to work. Fun, Creative Atmosphere that develops a well rounded Designer and Employee. Opportunities for growth are available and pay is comparable to related businesses.
Great family run business
Assisting Customers (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 12, 2017
Great place to get your copy/printing needs met; family owned business which has been in place for years. Flexible hours and interesting work although long days at times.
Great people to work with
Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLOctober 14, 2016
Working hours were flexible. When my jobs were complete, I either helped somewhere else or was given the option of leaving early. It was a family owned business and the owners were always fair.
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 2, 2016
Good place to work day to day. Great friendly staff. Cramped in the shop but overall a decent place to work. I learned how to manage my workflow and how to produce quality printing very quickly.
Pros
amazing flexibility
Cons
no benefits, Low pay
Yelling at adults, poor managemnt skills
Prepress Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 29, 2016
I have never experienced a lack or communication or true management skills before until I worked here. The owner would bring everyone into the conference room to do group yelling and slam his hand on the table, complete ridiculous behavior displayed by a business owner, pathetic really.
Pros
nothing, a paycheck, and be glad you get that
Cons
poorly underpaid, mentally abusive
Co-Workers
Sales (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 19, 2016
The co-workers are awesome. There is a blend that works well.
A typical day for sales is many phone calls and emails, then relaying information as needed to the production team.
Poor ownership and no guidance
Client Solutions Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 22, 2016
The owner of the company demands the world and gives you no real guidance on how to advance and what the daily requirements are.
Productive and fun workplace
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 10, 2016
As for an internship, I was able to absorb much information about the business practice and hand-on production experience that I would otherwise need for the future career.
High work load, but opportunity to grow many skills at once
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAMarch 4, 2016
A lot of very prominent companies use this printer as a vendor and you can gain a lot of valuable experience from working here. However the benefits you receive and the level of work load that is placed on you depends on the specific store you work at, since this is a franchise.
Productive and Friendly Workplace
Lead Designer (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYJune 30, 2016
In minuteman press, the work environment is very productive & friendly. As designers we become very close with our clients. Definitely a great place to have a great understanding with the printing process.
Good enviroment to work in but there were some problem with the printer.
Internship (Former Employee) –  North Dartmouth, MAJune 6, 2016
Good place to work but the computer was very slow and only had 2gb of ram. Also the printer would break down every so often which resulted in some unwanted downtime. But I did learn a lot from the designer that was working there with me.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
very slow pc
Slow franchise printing company
Pressman/Bindery/Customer service (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILFebruary 29, 2016
Start time 8:30 a.m.
I will collect all the work orders for printing and access any bindery, shipping or materials purchasing that will need to be done before putting ink and fountain solution into the press for production.

My co-worker, she is a good person and very knowledgeable and helpful.
The hardest part of my job? Can't say there is one, I know and have worked on every piece of equipment at Minuteman Press from the computers, cutter, folder and both presses and have did repairs on everything that is not leased.

Most enjoyable part of my Job? Being busy, it helps me to stay focused on quality and production.
Pros
I'm given the leeway to do what ever it takes to get the job(s) done.
Cons
Lack of work, dead end, no insurance.
A good environment for learning
Marketing and Design Intern (Current Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NYApril 26, 2016
A good environment for learning. I spend my days learning as much as possible about marketing and design and then applying what I have learned into projects that are given to me.
What I did at Minuteman Press
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day at Minuteman Press, whenever a job (ex. business cards, invitations) would come in I would create (in Adobe InDesign) the product and print it out. The jobs differed from day to day so I never knew what there was to be done. I did work on some photos for Christmas and Birthday invitations (in Adobe PhotoShop) doing touch ups. Minuteman Press was family run but there was plenty of interaction with customers. I did learn a lot and love working in InDesign and PhotoShop.
Sales and Marketing
(Current) Director of Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOMarch 12, 2015
As the director of sales and marketing Minuteman offers me a lot if freedom as long as I provide results. The management backs my decisions. It is a great company who delivers a great products. They are all individually owned franchise locations. Therefor experiences may vary.
Pros
Strong moral support
Cons
little compensation, and zero benefits at the location I worked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Minuteman Press. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8