Minuteman Press Employee Reviews

Fast paced work environment
Graphic Artist (Current Employee), Danville, KYMay 29, 2015
Pros: Able to be creative with many of the jobs
Cons: Not enough salary and no way to advance
Commercial print shop.. allowed to be creative on most jobs and work with several different mediums to produce jobs. Good people to work with.
Excellent company with a great vision and even better people
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Brentwood, CAMay 27, 2015
Minuteman Press is a full-service marketing, design and commercial printing franchise with over 35 years in the industry. A successful day at Minuteman Press involves guiding our clients' marketing, print and promotional projects to completion and ensuring that we do our part to drive growth in their business.
Overall, I am happy becauses I am doing what I love to do.
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Deerfield, ILMarch 16, 2015
Pros: my boss is supervisor is flexable
Cons: i'd like to make more money doing what i love to do.
During a typical work day I am required to do design briefs for clients seeking, business cards, flyers, brochures, and/or postcards. I am also responsible for the proper specs and layout of the design. Since I've been in he industry I've learned that accuracy and precision is very important during every part of the process of a project. Currently, I work solely along side my boss, who is also the owner of the business. The hardest part of the job is making sure everything is in order for final print. This makes the job enjoyable as well. It's a rewarding feeling at the end of the day when you know you've done your very best and it shows.
New management was very inexperienced
Graphic Designer/Prepress (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 14, 2015
I was hired on under false pretenses. I enjoyed my job and coworkers but was very confused by management and lack of training.
New management was very inexperienced
Graphic Designer/Prepress (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 14, 2015
Sales and Marketing
(Current) Director of Sales and Marketing (Current Employee), Saint Louis, MOMarch 12, 2015
Pros: strong moral support
Cons: little compensation, and zero benefits at the location i worked
As the director of sales and marketing Minuteman offers me a lot if freedom as long as I provide results. The management backs my decisions. It is a great company who delivers a great products. They are all individually owned franchise locations. Therefor experiences may vary.
Small print shop, franchise owned
Office Manager, Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Mequon, WIJanuary 14, 2015
As the office manager, I coordinated the jobs throughout the shop, as well as doing quotes, estimates, invoices, statements, collections and job related purchases. As the graphic designer, I met with clients for initial concepts, did the typesetting and design and met with them again for final approval prior to printing. Minuteman Press is a nice neighborhood print shop that offers a variety of services.
Fun Atmosphere, great staff
SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Current Employee), Newnan, GADecember 31, 2014
Great family atmosphere. Flexible schedule possible, encouraging management attitude, positive energy overall.
Printing Press Comapny
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Middleburg Heights, OHDecember 5, 2014
Responsible for all general office duties including accounts receivable/payable, taking customer orders, etc. Experienced with QuickBooks, Focus, Publisher and Microsoft Office.
Good job, but too much stress!
Graphic Designer / Prepress Operator (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: flexibable, creative, pay, not many coworkers
Cons: stress, many deadlines, low moral, tedious
The location I worked at had new ownership and the new owners turned out to be much better. However, the work flow doubled and they didnt know what they were doing in terms of owning a printing business. They relied too heavily on me operating their shop. Became too stressful and we eventually started butting heads. Overall, I loved the flexibility and security of the job but I had to leave for my health and happiness.
I loved EVERYTHING about this place
Production Manager/ Digital Specialist (Former Employee), Mansfield, TXAugust 29, 2014
Wonderful owners and coworkers and a great place to work. Management was great and everyone worked well together to make sure all customers were pleased with the service received
Co-workers that work like a team
Digital press operater (Former Employee), Danbury, CTJuly 30, 2014
Pros: bbq out back
My co-workers were committed to their jobs. They became part of my family. The hardest part of the day was communicating with management.
fun and productive
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAJuly 15, 2014
some days seem to drag on when we were slow but when we had a lot of jobs to do it was a fun and productive day, my co workers were real nice and helpful when i needed the help.
Fun and engaging co-workers & overall good place to work
Graphic Designer / Pre-press / Bindery (Current Employee), Lebanon, OHJune 25, 2014
I have been at Minuteman for about a year and a half, and have enjoyed most everything. The employees are very nice and fun to be around as well.
The only thing that keeps me returning to work is my customers.
Customer Service, / Bindery Operations (Current Employee), Yakima, WAJune 18, 2014
Pros: vacation and sick leave
Cons: no retirement plan, low pay, no dental or vision, unsupervised
Everyday is different, there is no typical day. I love when I have a lot of work to do for the day vs not having much to do.
I have learned some typesetting, how to operate the copy machines, good inventory skills, excellent customer service skills, how to operate efficiently.
I have only 1 co worker, I have learned to have patience and understand we don't think or work the same.

My favorite things about my job is every day is different, and most of my customers are awesome.
I don't like the fact that we aren't busy every day, and this job is not structured.
Minuteman press Production Supervisor
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), East Haven, CTJune 16, 2014
Pros: locations and hours
Cons: no retirement plan, limited benefits. no growth
Review Job log, review incoming projects, set up the press schedule as well as bindery and Driver.
I learned the requirements for FSC certification and with it, set up our company and obtained certification.

The hardest part of the position was getting all the required information on correct job tickets from the customer service reps.

Working with my production team and helping them grow as printing professionals, not just workers.
Need to Work in a New Environment
Head Graphic Designer and Art & Pre-press Manager (Current Employee), Quakertown, PAJune 10, 2014
Pros: variety of jobs involving design
Cons: the work environment and air quality in a small print shop
My typical day of work is dealing with design and pre-press work. I manage the whole art and pre-press department and love the work I do. There is nobody else to help, so it's quite tricky sometimes when multi-tasking...
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer / Production Artist (Former Employee), Miramar, FLJune 5, 2014
The job responsibilities were well within my capabilities. The employees were a pleasure to work with. Management changed during my employment and the company suffered some financial set-backs.
Dynamic team environment
Lead Artist - Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COJune 3, 2014
Pros: paid insurance, pto, 401(k)
Cons: the fort collins franchise went out of business
I loved working for Minuteman Press, Fort Collins. The teamwork among the employees was a very rare thing in the industry. Everyone had each other's back.

To the employees, customer satisfaction was of paramount importance. This resulted in less than 1% returns on completed jobs.
very caring kind family run franchise
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hyannis, MAJune 2, 2014
ability to learn another facet of the printing industry/great place to work