Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Employer Reviews

Good job, but too much stress!
Graphic Designer / Prepress Operator (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: flexibable, creative, pay, not many coworkers
Cons: stress, many deadlines, low moral, tedious
The location I worked at had new ownership and the new owners turned out to be much better. However, the work flow doubled and they didnt know what they were doing in terms of owning a printing business. They relied too heavily on me operating their shop. Became too stressful and we eventually started butting heads. Overall, I loved the flexibility – more... and security of the job but I had to leave for my health and happiness. – less
I loved EVERYTHING about this place
Production Manager/ Digital Specialist (Former Employee), Mansfield, TXAugust 29, 2014
Wonderful owners and coworkers and a great place to work. Management was great and everyone worked well together to make sure all customers were pleased with the service received
Co-workers that work like a team
Digital press operater (Former Employee), Danbury, CTJuly 30, 2014
Pros: bbq out back
My co-workers were committed to their jobs. They became part of my family. The hardest part of the day was communicating with management.
fun and productive
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAJuly 15, 2014
some days seem to drag on when we were slow but when we had a lot of jobs to do it was a fun and productive day, my co workers were real nice and helpful when i needed the help.
Fun and engaging co-workers & overall good place to work
Graphic Designer / Pre-press / Bindery (Current Employee), Lebanon, OHJune 25, 2014
I have been at Minuteman for about a year and a half, and have enjoyed most everything. The employees are very nice and fun to be around as well.
The only thing that keeps me returning to work is my customers.
Customer Service, / Bindery Operations (Current Employee), Yakima, WAJune 18, 2014
Pros: vacation and sick leave
Cons: no retirement plan, low pay, no dental or vision, unsupervised
Everyday is different, there is no typical day. I love when I have a lot of work to do for the day vs not having much to do.
I have learned some typesetting, how to operate the copy machines, good inventory skills, excellent customer service skills, how to operate efficiently.
I have only 1 co worker, I have learned to have patience and understand we – more... don't think or work the same.

My favorite things about my job is every day is different, and most of my customers are awesome.
I don't like the fact that we aren't busy every day, and this job is not structured. – less
Minuteman press Production Supervisor
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), East Haven, CTJune 16, 2014
Pros: locations and hours
Cons: no retirement plan, limited benefits. no growth
Review Job log, review incoming projects, set up the press schedule as well as bindery and Driver.
I learned the requirements for FSC certification and with it, set up our company and obtained certification.

The hardest part of the position was getting all the required information on correct job tickets from the customer service reps.

Working with – more... my production team and helping them grow as printing professionals, not just workers. – less
Need to Work in a New Environment
Head Graphic Designer and Art & Pre-press Manager (Current Employee), Quakertown, PAJune 10, 2014
Pros: variety of jobs involving design
Cons: the work environment and air quality in a small print shop
My typical day of work is dealing with design and pre-press work. I manage the whole art and pre-press department and love the work I do. There is nobody else to help, so it's quite tricky sometimes when multi-tasking...
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer / Production Artist (Former Employee), Miramar, FLJune 5, 2014
The job responsibilities were well within my capabilities. The employees were a pleasure to work with. Management changed during my employment and the company suffered some financial set-backs.
Dynamic team environment
Lead Artist - Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COJune 3, 2014
Pros: paid insurance, pto, 401(k)
Cons: the fort collins franchise went out of business
I loved working for Minuteman Press, Fort Collins. The teamwork among the employees was a very rare thing in the industry. Everyone had each other's back.

To the employees, customer satisfaction was of paramount importance. This resulted in less than 1% returns on completed jobs.
very caring kind family run franchise
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hyannis, MAJune 2, 2014
ability to learn another facet of the printing industry/great place to work
Intelligent and Friendly Atmosphere
Receptionist/Indoor Sales/Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Macon, GAApril 24, 2014
Everyday brought new challenges, but also new things for me to learn from and use my problem solving skills with success. I learned that I am very good under pressure and can easily adapt to change. Management was always very helpful and willing to give good advice to make work easier. My co-workers were very easy to work with, we got along well and – more... worked together to get things done proficiently. The hardest part was when we had customers wanting things for free, but we all came up with a great way to handle it, sale the product and keep the customer happy. The most enjoyable part of this job was the simple fact that I loved working where I could help, meet, and encourage new people. – less
Productive, basic learning
Graphic Artist (Former Employee), Levittown, PRMarch 14, 2014
Very first job straight out of college. Very enriching. Learned the basics here.
Dynamic environment
Business Manager (Current Employee), Newark, OHMarch 4, 2014
Pros: small company
Cons: small company
This position is never dull, requiring multitasking. The co-workers are very pleasant and because of their time with the company are considered friends.
Fun atmosphere and great workers
Bindery Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2014
Loved doing my job but now I have a degree in Accounting, ready to pursue a job in my field.
Good place to start a career
Lead Graphic Designer (Current Employee), McMurray, PAJanuary 27, 2014
Nice environment to work at. Base salary and no benefits.
Excellent if you are starting your career
A Slowly Derailing Train Wreck
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Butler, PAJanuary 3, 2014
A company full of lies, sneaky backstabbers and people who think they're better than you.
Good place to work with a variety of experiences
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 24, 2013
Pros: a wide variety of responsibilities and experiences
Cons: little room for advancement
The nice thing about this job is that there is no typical day. Sometimes it's a nice, even pace assisting the owner of the company with her calendar and prioritizing the various jobs. Other times it's trying to find something a customer wants, which entails frantically talking to vendors and searching the internet.
Great place to work!
2/color Pressman (Current Employee), Rocky Hill, CTDecember 11, 2013
A typical day includes , producing custom customer orders !
Busy
Graphic Artist, Production, Customer Service (Former Employee), Anaheim Hills, CANovember 25, 2013
Pros: lot of work
Cons: none really
It was a very busy place to work, job requirements were many. Very challenging and fulfilling.

1 2 3