Miraca Life Sciences Employee Reviews

The Worst Company In the World!!!!!!!!!!
Pathologist's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 16, 2016
Run. Run. Run. Run. Run. From this horrible company. They will use you and discard you. This company is the most evil company I have ever worked for. If you want to go home and cry every night, this is the company for you. My suggestion is to run from this place. Do not drive down the same street as this company. You might get some of its evilness on you.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Specimen Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Daphne, ALNovember 13, 2016
As a Specimen Processing Specialist, you enter in patient case information and accuracy is important. You are required to work up to a certain amount of cases per hour. Expectations are NOT out of reach as long as you work and give 100% every day you will be fine. Before you apply for this job, keep in mind that you will sit at a computer for long periods of time so if you can't do that, then this job is not for you. They have a great new-hire training program when hired on. The company seems to be very stable, and management is great to work for, and they really try hard to keep things running smooth and make the office atmosphere a pleasure. Dress code is relaxed. Co-workers are great and fun to work with. We have a good time, but you are expected to work.
Pros
Management, Co-Workers, Fun Atmosphere, Advancement Opportunities
Cons
30 minute lunches, Medical benefits could be a little better but OK
Enjoyed my time at Miraca Life Sciences
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 13, 2016
Accounts Payable Specialist
• Entered all invoices and check request into Great Plains System using the PO system
• Pulled in offsite invoices for processing
• Obtained W9 information from new vendors
• Sales Tax Accrual
• Weekly check runs which included various types of for payments
• Created and uploaded journal entries for month end close
• Assisted vendors with outstanding balances
• Processing of 1099’s at the end of the year
• Special projects
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Ended
A work place with poor management
LEAD PATHOLOGIST ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAAugust 30, 2016
Not a well organized work place stressful, with poor management personnel. I have worked for more than 25 years and I have never seen a work place that is disorganized and with poor management skills with no proactive approach to upcoming problems.
Extremely Smart Organization
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2016
The jobs at Miraca are fun and your co-workers make them even more enjoyable.

I think everyone at the company is willing to work hard however, sometimes we go from working hard to getting burnt out and that is when it starts to impact performance negatively.

Other than that management is excellent and extremely smart. Also, one of the few AP Labs not in a ton of debt. Miraca is the opposite and has cash available for future purchases.
Pros
Generous Comp if you earn it
Cons
Overworked at points. Health Insurance needs to get better.
Industry leader in pathology and consulting services
Technical Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 8, 2016
Great atmosphere and business model for someone who is looking to break into the health information technology industry. There is a lot of great exposure to clients and physicians across the country.
This place is a nightmare!
Specimen Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 26, 2016
Management is terrible. They do not listen to anything you say. Any time I went to them with a problem all I would hear is "we will take care of it" and then they didn't do anything about it. Instead of hiring people who know what they are doing they keep promoting within the department, so the leads and supervisors are now people who have no experience being leaders. They pushed all of the good workers to resign and have fired good workers for no reason. If you don't suck up to the boss, they don't like you. There is a lot of favoritism going on in this company. Miraca is a typical production based company where you are just a number to them, they don't care about anything other than that. Yet if you have terrible numbers and suck up to the boss, they will keep you. Have great numbers but stand up for yourself? You'll be fired. People sit around playing with their phones all day while you do all of the work, but if you take an extra 5 minutes on break you will be the one in trouble. They don't take care of the real problems.
Cons
Company culture was generally positive but industry declining
Regional Sales Director - Northeast Region (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 23, 2016
The anatomic pathology market was one in great flux and challenges were growing to be able to increase revenues with declining base of business. Management was having difficulty determining a successful transition away from our standard business models.
Fast paced work, great co-workers
Dermatopathology transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAAugust 22, 2016
I loved this job and everything that I learned and was able to teach others. A typical day was busy and productive. My co-workers were wonderful.
Miraca
Technical Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 18, 2016
Time management
Product launches
Communicating with multiple physicians at one time for product launch and training
Install of It equipment and LIS software
Different Urological Lab tests and conditions
Pros
set own schedule, expense account for travel
Cons
lab discrepancies, continual downsizing
Excellent culture
Inside Sales / Strategic Planning (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 26, 2016
Miraca Life Sciences is one of the best companies I've worked for. The insurance benefits are not very good. Coworkers are wonderful, as well as very engaged management.
Very productive company with high turn over
Supervisor IHC/Histology (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 20, 2016
I was hired as the second shift IHC supervisor. I immediately saw that management was very supportive. However work life balance could not be obtained because 12 hour work days were needed to get the work done.
The company only cares about the numers and not the employees.
SR. Billing Rep. III (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 3, 2015
I have held the same position the whole time I have been with Miraca and I need a change, I am no longer challenged at what I do.
I enjoy working with my coworkers and learning from them and helping them when I can.

The management needs to listen tot he employees and take in what it is that they are telling them they need. There have been a lot of turnovers and the morale on the floor is very POOR.
caris sold to miraca
htsto tech (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 6, 2016
lower management good.upper management badsince miraca took over work envienment degraded. too greedy.i learned a lot working there for 7 years
Busy Busy Busy...bust your donkey for nothing
Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 26, 2015
These is honest to goodness a sweat shop where you are a mere cog in the machine. Don't expect advancement or recognition for your hard work. I've seen people working hard who angered the wrong individuals and had their reputations slung through the mud and promptly gotten rid of. Turnover is HUGE and for a reason! Leads have no training in how to lead and are generally power hungry individuals. Those who have been there longest are the ones who can bend the system to support them and have bullying type personalities. The best and brightest employees have left for greener pastures. Come here for the experience leave when stress causes your productivity to decline and self-worth has been beaten out of you.
Pros
Free coffee, occasional pizza parties, all the OverTime you want
Cons
No career growth, few breaks, constant required overtime, poor supervisors
The World of 43B
Sr. Billing Support Analyst - Medicare/Medicaid (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 19, 2015
I come in at 6 a.m I respond to all e-mails, I do all followups. I then start one of the many reports I work daily. throughout my day I am in meetings, answering questions from teammates. Training new hires or current teammates for other roles, I assist with appeal automation and creating pivot tables. i contact Medicare through out the day, I work with coding for a little bit on some CPT'S that are changing or on hold. I am researching ways on how to improve our processes. I try to remember to eat at some point. normally its oatmeal raisin cookies out the "fat machine" as I call it.
Pros
love what i do I love have a contagious spirit that motivate people
Cons
No advancement no....compensation for the hard work.
not a good place to work long term
Billing/Customer Service Rep/Sr Billing Support (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 31, 2015
there is no room to advance, management is poor, insurance is not good. this is not a good place to work long term, the turn over rate is high
Pros
Cons
no room for advancement, poor insurance
billing
Healthcare Insurance Representative II (Former Employee) –  irving texasFebruary 1, 2015
Reviewed coding of claims for HEME accounts. This included but is not limited to Cytogenics, Morphology, Fluorescence in Situ Hybridization, and Flow Cytometry.
Resolved complex billing issues for unpaid claims, resolved customer complaints, and coordinated corrective action to ensure full resolution and to receive payment.
Identified nonpayment or error trends to obtain delinquent account payments and to prevent future issues.
Submitted appeals and corrected claims after reviewing patient’s benefits for claims billed incorrectly or denied by various insurance entities based on EOB denials or incoming correspondence.
Fast-paced, high-volume, high expectations
Specimen Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 19, 2015
To fully accession (data entry from specimen requisitions) pathology specimens, 15 cases per hour, that not even admittedly veteran (7-, 8-, 9-year) employees could accomplish. Daily volume of over 2,000 gastrointestinal and dermatological cases. High employee turnover; at least 15-20 employees coming/going within 7 months of employment. Management comes to your desk personally each and every day to ask if you can either work over 1-2 hours or come in early for 1-2 hours the next day to help assist with carryover of cases not getting accessioned.
Pros
Too many managers micro-managing
Cons
Extremely high employee turnover rate
A good innovative company
Slide/Block Lab Aide (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAFebruary 1, 2015
A good innovative company to work for with fun employees with a hard working, hands on site manager. The only down fall for this company is that it should screen it's supervisors more thoroughly.
Pros
This company has a positive projected plan for future patient care.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Miraca Life Sciences. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7