Miraca Life Sciences

Miraca Life Sciences Employee Reviews

Worked with excellent people
Cyto tech (Former Employee), Union, NJMay 1, 2015
Pros: worked with good people
Cons: bad management
Pay was good but company does not appreciate its workers. I gave everything and more to the company. I learned that there is no real loyalty in corporate. The people I worked with deserve better from their managers.
Productive Workplce
Cytology Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Union, NJApril 28, 2015
A typical day at work is generally good, I have worked in multiple areas within the company and Corporate is great with promoting from within. Management could be more supportive. The people I work with make it an enjoyable place.
billing
Healthcare Insurance Representative II (Former Employee), irving texasFebruary 1, 2015
Reviewed coding of claims for HEME accounts. This included but is not limited to Cytogenics, Morphology, Fluorescence in Situ Hybridization, and Flow Cytometry.
Resolved complex billing issues for unpaid claims, resolved customer complaints, and coordinated corrective action to ensure full resolution and to receive payment.
Identified nonpayment or error trends to obtain delinquent account payments and to prevent future issues.
Submitted appeals and corrected claims after reviewing patient’s benefits for claims billed incorrectly or denied by various insurance entities based on EOB denials or incoming correspondence.
A good innovative company
Slide/Block Lab Aide (Current Employee), Newton, MAFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: this company has a positive projected plan for future patient care.
Cons: the only down fall for this company is that it should screen it's supervisors more thoroughly.
A good innovative company to work for with fun employees with a hard working, hands on site manager. The only down fall for this company is that it should screen it's supervisors more thoroughly.
Fast-paced, high-volume, high expectations
Specimen Processing Clerk (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: too many managers micro-managing
Cons: extremely high employee turnover rate
To fully accession (data entry from specimen requisitions) pathology specimens, 15 cases per hour, that not even admittedly veteran (7-, 8-, 9-year) employees could accomplish. Daily volume of over 2,000 gastrointestinal and dermatological cases. High employee turnover; at least 15-20 employees coming/going within 7 months of employment. Management comes to your desk personally each and every day to ask if you can either work over 1-2 hours or come in early for 1-2 hours the next day to help assist with carryover of cases not getting accessioned.
ABSOLUTE WORST PLACE I EVER WORKED IN MY LIFE!
MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST (Former Employee), NEWTON, MADecember 14, 2014
Pros: employees comforted someone whenever someone was crying due to management abuse.
Cons: supervisor was a mental case.
IN MY OPINION, HORRIBLE, DISHONEST MANAGEMENT. THEY MAKE YOU WORK THROUGH LUNCHES AND BREAKS. THEN THEY TELL YOU EXTRA WORK HAS TO BE DONE, BUT OVERTIME IS NOT ALLOWED, AND YOU MUST PUNCH OUT AND THEN DO THE WORK BEFORE YOU LEAVE FOR THE DAY (LIKE 3 HOURS WORTH OF WORK). IF YOU REFUSE, THEY MAKE UP LIES ABOUT YOU AND THEN FIRE YOU. NO ONE DARES TO COMPLAIN AS EVERYONE NEEDS THEIR JOBS DUE TO THE ECONOMY. MIRACA IN NEWTON KEEPS YOU IN FEAR OF LOSING YOUR JOB ON A DAILY BASIS. RUINS YOUR SELF-ESTEEM COMPLETELY.

THE GOVERNMENT NEEDS TO INVESTIGATE THIS PLACE. THE EMPLOYEES ARE AT THEIR CRACKING POINTS. JUST LOOK AT THE TURNOVER. I WOULD NOT ADVISE ANYONE TO WORK HERE! I WAS TREATED LIKE A RENTED DONKEY, AND FIRED IN THE END, NO MATTER HOW HARD I WORKED.
Sweat shop
Histology Technician (Former Employee), Newton, MADecember 12, 2014
Pros: good parking, coworkers are all very friendly because they have to work 8-15 hour days together
Cons: sweat shop, long hours, passive aggressive management style, extremely high turnover rate, very low pay
Miraca Life Science is a factory sweat shop! They work you hard like a machine and rate your performance on idiotic criteria! The management works it's employees until they drop, leaving no time for family life. Upper management knows there is a problem in the Newton location, but is putting its head in the sand about the issues. The upper management knows what kind of problems there are, but are refusing to make the hard choices to correct them. All the upper management does is place flowers on the problems trying to make them look pretty, when they are not. They talk a good talk, but in the end are very ineffective and will stab you in the back when you are not even looking. They all have a passive aggressive attitude, and it is a very toxic work environment. If you like being treated like a piece of medical equipment, you would love it. If you are a human being, you will hate working there! Watch out, nobody has your back there... The turn over rate of its employees is two and a half times higher than the national average!! That should tell you something right there... Management also likes to hire people off the street and give them on the job training to do the work of certified technicians. Company gets the job done, paying its employees significantly less than the job demands, using unskilled labor. Loopholes in the inspection requirements allow them to get away with taking advantage of employees and not hiring certified workers trained to do the job. At least a third of the staff is unqualified to do the work, and I'm sure being paid half what a qualified workers earns.
N/A
Specimen Processing Clerk (Current Employee), Irving, TXDecember 9, 2014
You get to see different types of specimens. Management is not stable.
CRM Business Analyst
CRM Business Analyst and Consultant (Former Employee), Telecommute - TXSeptember 22, 2014
Streamlined the 9 business units and 10 departments over 7 years to create a CRM system which included all areas of the company. Great team to work with. We accomplished many goals to help the business model improve efficiency and create a work flow based environment with no duplication of data.

Working on a quick win policy, we would choose as a team to build our roll out strategy based on quick return for sales people, easy 1-2-3 key stroke and automation behind the scenes. This allowed efficiency to be driven to other departments such as, deployment, interfaces, client services, sales, contracts and billing.

With over 200 user sharing data on a global platform, this is by far one of the most innovative designs I accomplished under the commitment with Miraca.
Disgusting, inconsiderate, mean spirited
Medical Administrative Assistant/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Newton, MAAugust 17, 2014
They knew how to strip you of any self esteem you may have had. They would call you in for a "one on one" and tell you how useless you were and not to tell any of your co-workers what was discussed. They would tell us subtle things to make us hate one another. No team spirit.
Micromanagement nightmare
Anonymous (Current Employee), Newton, MAAugust 17, 2014
Pros: none i can think of.
Cons: micromanagement, promotion of people based on popularity not qualifications, and horrible benefits.
Forget about flexibility, forget about autonomy and independent thought. If you want to have your every movement watched, your every thought controlled and your every decision made for you, if you want to blindly follow 'the man', then this is the place for you.
Great place to work!
Histology Technician (Current Employee), Union, NJAugust 10, 2014
Pros: friendly staff, bbq's, birthday celebrations
Cons: some employees are lazy
Great place to work. It's very busy and helps your day go by quickly. Management is very friendly and willing help with any issues or concerns.
Good luck
Anonymous (Former Employee), Newton, MAJuly 10, 2014
No amount of words can describe this place nor the politics associated with this company. Evidently, it is the norm.
Example of a company going downhill fast
Lab Support Services (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 7, 2014
Pros: all the ot you want for most jobs, but won't know from day to day how much, free coffee
Cons: lousy medical, high deductible, don't get sick.
Miraca is now the typical for profit slide mill laboratory. Productivity is the name of the game. Huge turnover in past six months with lots of long term staff leaving. Sad story compared to when the company was Caris.
Professional atmosphere
Transcriptionist/Medical Language Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 5, 2014
Pros: wonderful work group.
Cons: no breaks, micro managed. if you don't perform exactly like your supervisor, you are made to feel incompetent, i have been with the company 7 years with no advancement, they have stopped raises and bonuses. would like to do more medical transcription.
Very hard for advancement. Always changing job duties in our department to more data entry than being a professional medical transcriptionist. Co-workers are great, very professional and hard working. Company does not recognize this. Does not reward employees with raises or bonuses. Company has the funds to buy out other labs but not put into their workforce by rewarding positive performance.
No room for advancement
Client Account Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 25, 2014
Pros: great team and work environment
Cons: all my skills are not being utilized on a daily basis. no growth potential
I love my job but unfortunately there is no more room for growth within my department.

I am looking to find a company and great team, where I can be a large contributor to it's growth and success.

Salary is not the most important thing to me. Enjoying what I do and knowing my performance will one day lead to promotions is crucial for me.
Honest Review
Histotech (Current Employee), TXJune 1, 2014
Pros: monthly birthday sweets, monthly town hall meetings that provide entertainment, workout room, free coffee and tea, nice building
Cons: management, 30 min lunches, serious favoritism from upper management, benefits, lack of training and variety
What to expect:

They sell you a dream. They promote growth, advancement, and variety. You get none of the above. Histotechs do nothing but cut all day. Everything is centered on productivity. There is no variety, no embedding, no special stains. You simply cut all day. Managers show favoritism. They micro manage certain individuals if when they are trying to run them off. The company is currently in a cost savings mode, therefore they are cheap about everything, including benefits (the benefits were good before miraca took over. this place was formerly caris life sciences). They'll suck you dry, and kick you to the curb when they are done with you. The rules change with the wind. No consistency. Expect odd hours (3pm-11pm, 4-1230am, 2-10 pm, etc). 30 min lunch.

The main thing that I have learned from working at Miraca, is to trust no one (especially those in leadership). Words mean nothing, and action is everything. This place is centered on false promises with no action to back it up (policy, training, advancement...talk of ideas 24/7 with no execution).
Co-workers are great. We have a lot of fun. Everyone is pretty friendly with one another.
Hardest part of the job: Lack of variety. Miraca is like a tissue factory. Cut, cut, cut, or embed, embed, embed. That's it. No variety whatsoever.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the unity between the coworkers, the environment is fun.
If you are a veteran and you're looking to only do one thing, (whether it's cutting or embedding) and you are not looking to do all of the duties that a tech generally does (gross, special stains, immunos, etc) then this is the place for you. If you are looking for a place that will provide growth, mental stimulation (zero mental stimulation. no exaggeration), and variety, then Miraca is not a place for you to be. It will be frustrating in the long run. This is not an ideal place to learn and grow as a tech. (I would not recommend this place to new techs). This is my honest review.
Horrible place! DO NOT APPLY!!
Histology Technician (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 29, 2014
Pros: the only pro is they have free desserts from time to time.
Cons: short breaks, favoritism, late hours, no bonuses, poorly managed
They have no incentives! Benefits have changed(far worse), they dont want to give raises even if one goes to get their certification. They have all employees work like slaves. They push hours back so don't expect an early shift. They have favorites toward certain people and this lab (especially histology) is poorly ran. They change their rules/guidelines 24/7. If you're looking for a stable career or for growth in a laboratory setting Miraca is not the place to be. They are always hiring and people are always quitting. Please do yourself a favor don't apply.
A very open and fun relaxed environment
IT Support Analyst Level II (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 25, 2014
Miraca was a very personable company and had many employees with the same persona. Open to speak about anything. We jobs and tasks to complete and everyone was welcome to help others almost without asking.

I enjoyed working Miraca.
Productive and fun workplace
Lead Specimen Processing Clerk (Former Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch, 2 15 minute breaks, very good benefits
Cons: there were none
I really enjoyed working here because I was able to work on different projects and no day was ever the same.

1 2 3