Miraca Life Sciences Employee Reviews

A great place to work with great, fun people
Insrance Rep (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 15, 2017
A typical day at Miraca Life Sciences was going to a very friendly atmosphere, and working with people I had worked with a very long time. The atmosphere was very relaxed, and fun, even though we worked very hard. I learned so many things there. I learned how to do very complicated billing, how to adjust to changes, and how to balance my work - home life.
Even though the management was very new after the company turned into Miraca Life Sciences, the changes were not that bad. I learned to have faith.
The hardest part of the job is that the company which was originally Caris Diagnostics, the part I worked for was sold and became Miraca Life Sciences. The company moved from Garland to Irving, and I gave it a year, but I could not handle the drive to Irving.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got along with the people and the management very well and had a lot of good friends who work there.
Pros
Great people, hard workers, a fair place to work
Cons
The drive to Irving
Stiff and suffocating work environment lacking in any enjoyment and direct leadership.
Specimen Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAOctober 29, 2017
Miraca's Newton lab is an environment filled with incompetent leadership and poor employee treatment. The work environment is stifling, with any kind of fun or enjoyment with coworkers squashed by management. Leadership has a heavy hand in assigning and distributing team work, with little input or allowance for the team to make decisions on their own. There is a constant looming negative attitude in the air here. Employee morale almost non-existent.

Compensation is lower than the average with raises few and far between. People who do little work but the occasional special projects are lauded over those who do a majority of the work load.

I would not recommend anyone to seek employment here.
Pros
OK Benefits, A Job
Cons
Short breaks, incompetent management, hostile environment, poor compensation, uneven workload distribution
Great job for entering health field.
Specimen Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 16, 2017
I like the opportunity to work at Miraca Life Science, it is well diversity. Flexible hours for employees. Good bonuses. I would recommend a friend here to work.
Nice place
Payment Poster Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 11, 2017
Again, Miraca was a nice company to work for but the compensation wasn't what I would have wanted. Environment was nice but employees were very disgruntled at times due to direction that upper management wanted to go in.
Medical Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 2, 2017
Great place to work. Always something fun to do at work. The environment is very relaxed. Management needs to be changed a bit. Overall a great place to work.
Poor Management, no work-life balance
Pathologist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newton, MASeptember 13, 2017
Management is poorly trained and unqualified to be in leadership roles severely compromising employee morale. The focus is on numbers, how much work they can get out of an employee as quickly as possible with minimal social interaction and no regard for work-life balance. Work hours change often and time off is extremely limited. Time off allowed only after accruement of hours and only two people allowed off at a time because no proper coverage system exists.
Lack of communication
Client Services Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Union, NJSeptember 7, 2017
MLS has a wonderful work group overall. Dedicated, team players who work hard knowing a patient's life is on the line. It is a very hectic atmosphere, but enjoyable to a certain extent. I have learned about specimen processing which is very interesting. Management in a few departments can improve in a lot of areas. There is a lack of communication which compromises certain functions. We all work closely with one another to sustain the company's S.T.A.I.R values. Service excellence, Teamwork, Accountability, Integrity, Respect. I find that the hardest part of the job is when the morale is gone. It makes it hard on everyone and not enjoyable.On occasion, we do enjoy having BBQ's, participate in Lab Week and Customer Service Week, and other fun events that take place at our facility.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Low morale, company-wide; lack of communication
High paced
Supervisor Histology (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 1, 2017
Great place for learning and growth. I have been with the company for several years and worked my way up from Technician to supervisor. Large lab with many different specialties and opportunities to work in different areas.
Struggling company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 15, 2017
No CEO for the last year, executive leadership non-agreement and in-fighting. Lack of leadership trickles down to the workforce and overall morale is very low.
Pros
Not sure there are any right now, we could be great again, but we need leadership.
Cons
No one knows what the future holds.
Unbalanced work load and preferential treatment
Specimen Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAAugust 8, 2017
The work load on most days falls on a select few individuals. Management knows this and has been told many times yet does nothing to remedy the situation. Sadly, supervisors play "favorites" and I would highly recommend looking elsewhere for a job.
no micromanagement at all. Good managers and colleagues
SQL Server Developer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 30, 2017
good company to work . very understanding managers.
business analyst and data architecture is good.
Clear communication, documentation for the work.
Good Company
Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 5, 2017
Miraca is a nice company to work for however, they do layoffs every year. The raises are minimal if at all. the building is nice and has a gym. The people are friendly.
Management is terrible
PA Lab Aide (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 24, 2017
The everyday employees are overworked and underpaid. Management makes hypocritical policies that they expect employees to observe, but d not observe themselves.
Great Company for Advancement in a Laboratory Setting!
N/A (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 22, 2017
Miraca will develop you to a career path you want to follow. Great benefits, employees are a pleasure to work with! Very fast paced lab but lots of opportunities!
Pros
Wonderful people
Cons
Very hectic in the lab
it was ok
Specimen Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXMay 26, 2017
they dont care about you , you are easily disposed of when you no longer are in their best interest, however if you get along and manage to escape the gauntlet of corporate america they are ok, meaning they play ping pong in the large breakroom downstairs and attempt to make working there fun
Pros
free pizza for overtime
Cons
there is always too much work for just pizza
Don't work in the Lab
Lab Employee (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 7, 2017
The Manager is good, some Supervisors are OK but need work and an un-supportive Vice President. Other departments are run very well but the culture, fostered by Senior Management is toxic. Micro Management, favoritism and the rumor mill are the norm.
Pros
Some nice people
Cons
Inadequate Senior Level Management
Leader (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 3, 2017
The culture of the company is unhealthy from the top down. Leaders are not empowered to make decisions. Ineffective high level decisions negatively impact front line teammates.
n/a
Billing Analyst/Denials (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 2, 2017
I do not want to participate in this review and don't think that I should be forced. I want to apply for positions and not have to go through all of this.
It's a good monotonous dead end if that's what you're looking for
Specimen Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 28, 2017
Salary depends on what state you're in, but it's not very competitive. Lots of people left the company for better pay. Lots of firing for ridiculous reasons, lots of people leaving because it's just not a good place for personal growth. Much of the management is incompetent and unprofessional. They don't work with you very much in terms of comfortable advancement- they ask for a lot of ridiculous shifts and part of the whole getup is that they require overtime if they're struggling.
Pros
401K, Health plan offered, semi-decent wage
Cons
Not enough paid time off, sick time comes out of your paid time off, unprofessional management, incompetant supervisors
A private lab struggling to survive.
Manager Client Support (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 2, 2017
Unfortunately this lab is suffering from the fallout of AFA. The labs reimbursements per specimen have been cut by over 50%.
I typical day is a minimum of 12 hours for salaried employees. Hourly employees are bared from exceeding 40 hours.
Pros
Most of the people are nice
Cons
Long days, little breaks, negative growth