Miracle Ear Employee Reviews

Entrepreneur business.
Hearing Aid Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 13, 2017
It is a company that does not have good upper management people running their locations. The locations are owned by private owners who don't know how to run a business.
Great Work Site
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCApril 13, 2017
Learning about ears and the inner workings to help one hear better was amazing. I loved learning and helping others obtain something that I have ( hearing).
Wonderful place to work
Patient Care Coordinator/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJFebruary 20, 2017
Been working ng here for almost 2 years. I LOVE IT. Rewarding feeling helping others with their hearing aid. Everyone from top to bottom is professional. Can see myself here for the long haul.
Pros
Medical, dental, vision, bonus package
I set up appointments for patients and telemarketing..
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 28, 2016
Set up appointments . I learned how to set up appointments. The management was difficult . The hardest part of my job was the telemarketing. The most enjoyable part of my day was meeting the customers.
Pros
meeting the people.
Cons
telemarketing
Terrible franchise owner/management
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 27, 2016
I loved working with the clients, and most of the consultants (there is a big turn-over with employees). However, the bottom line was to make as much money as humanly possible. Even if someone barely had a loss, they expected them to purchase aids. We also had to telemarket people time and again, even when they didn't have any loss.

The corporate franchise office managers didn't take any of the employee concerns or complaints seriously. They just pressured us to sell aids.

1/2 hr. lunch, anything past that, counts against your time off...No, you can't work 10 minutes longer at the end of the day if you want to eat out.

The company won't even pay for basic office needs. The list is long, but the bottom line is that they are Very Stingy!
Pros
I loved the clients
Cons
Nasty owner and management
Great Place to work
Patient Care Coordinator/Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MDOctober 24, 2016
I have been with Miracle Ear for over 2 years. In that time, I have met some very interesting, fun, genuinely nice people. As most places, you may not always see eye to eye on every subject, but for the most part its a pretty great place to work.

My immediate supervisor is absolutely the best boss one could ask for. Very family oriented and overall just a great guy! The owner of the franchise is pretty nice too, he and I haven't worked together much but from what I know of him, he's a pretty good guy as well.

The work is great! As I stated I have met some pretty interesting people, meeting new people is almost an everyday experience with this industry. People from all walks of life come to us for help with their hearing needs and I enjoy meeting them and being able to help assist them with being able to hear again.

I have learned many things with my time here, such as learning how to schedule appointments, record keeping, daily financials and filing insurance claims.

Most of my co-workers are just an absolute pleasure to work with. None of us really work in the same office but we do work together for the Company and we all are willing to give a helping hand where needed. Very kind and generous. All in all a great place to work.

The pay is ok. The benefits are normal, up until recently the bonus system was really good too it was a great incentive for PCC's. The bonus system has changed, and while we still get a bonus, it has decreased a bit and that part I wish hadn't changed.

Hours are pretty good, 10-6pm. In the summer time you are still able to get
  more... home before the sun goes down and its easy if you are a single mother for mornings because you can get your kids ready for school and on the bus while still having time to get yourself ready for work. After school activities are hard.

All in all, its a pretty decent place to work. As I said, the people that you work with are great and the people that you are able to help are pretty great too!
Pros
The work itself is great! Experience is good, pay is ok, benefits are ok.
Cons
Don't offer insurance, schedule is not really flexible.
Very pleasant
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TX 75501September 13, 2016
Good workplace, enjoyed working here. Loved handling customer relations and being able to help. Clean Christian employer. Great place to look to help in the insurance business.
Pros
M-F work week
Cons
Not busy enough
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 25, 2016
Verifying/billing of insurance, Order lab work and supplies, Responsible for Cash & Bank Deposits, Data Analysis/ Entry, Responsible for the process of ordering sales, Maintain and set up files/forms, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel.
Productive and fun place to work
PCC (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 25, 2016
This is by far one of the best companies I have worked for. They seem to be caring. Monday through Friday 9-5. Weekend and Holidays off.
Pros
Monday-Friday 9-5, holidays off.
Cons
pay
Beware
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 17, 2016
Rip off company beware .Hearing test is where they get you by using high frequency words. They are not a medical professional. Take advantage of employees on open house week by expecting them to work off hours with no pay. Video from the president of the company stating "Don't let the customer think "as you are pitching the sales contact.
Cons
Work load does not support the pay
LEAD PATIENT CARE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 7, 2016
I worked here for 3 years, I was promised advancement but I quickly realized the company is so small and there are no realistic opportunities for advancement. Micromanaging is ongoing, most of my time was consumed with outbound sales calls.
Pros
commission on sales, hours
Cons
outbound calls, sales based
Think twice about this opportunity
Hearing Instruemnt Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 3, 2016
The company provides great training and a path to certification. After being placed in an independent office, the company failed to file for my license exams.
Pros
Great comprehensive training
Cons
Very competetive, high pressure sales, unorganized administration department, always watched by cameras in assigned offices.
Very good company to work for
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mason City, IAApril 18, 2016
Professional environment, ability to be close with the customers. Worked with one person, the hearing specialist. The part I did not like about the job is there was no room for advancement. I was making as much as I could.
Revitalized my Accounts Payable skills with high volume of work load.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 10, 2016
My employer trained me as time went by. Supervisors were easy to work with and I could ask questions any time, without repercussions. Being transferred to Payroll was a huge challenge and I met it with determination. Information becomes confidential and I made sure I kept the information private within the HR department
Pros
Wonderful caring bosses, nice atmosphere
Cons
They didn't recognize a lot of holidays. When your job duties needed to be covered for vacation, your deskwas always a mess. No one would cover for your job duties.
Good Company bad management
Receptionist/ Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLFebruary 8, 2016
I loved working for this company however they treat their employees like they dare robots that can just be thrown out if they do not bow do to their demands, can not make a human error with out 16 people calling you and asking the same questions. higher ups do not communicate well with each other and ultimately leaves you stressed out and wanting to quit.
Pros
optional break for lunch
Cons
they will micro-manage you
Not a Bad Environment
Office Assistant/ Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIDecember 17, 2015
The work I did was tedious, but overall it was a great job. I got some experience out of it and have a better idea of what I want to do now.
terrible place to work
hearing instrument specialist (Current Employee) –  South Windsor, CTNovember 27, 2015
The owner will fire you at a drop of the hat..for a straight commission job it's amazing that that anybody works for them. The job is all hype and nobody really makes any money except the owners and their families. The company has overpriced hearing aids and has terrible reviews from customers all over the country. Don't waste your time unless you're tollally on skid row and you have no other alternatives
Pros
learning a new business
Cons
everything
Very satifying career with daily enjoyment heling others to regain their hearing and rejoin their families as active participants in family gatherings
Licensed in prescribing hearing instruments (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 24, 2015
Driven by two different leaders. One a 70% owner who only cares about numbers not people and a 30% owner who is a great people person but lacks timely responses due to too much responsibility with no executive assistant.
No daily stress from co-workers but some from elderly patients and always from owners.
Great place to work, supportive employers
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXOctober 13, 2015
Miracle Ear was a great place to work. I enjoyed working with all my co workers and the Hearing Aid Specialist. There was plenty of team work and always someone to turn too. Employers were extremely supportive and helpful and truly care about the employees. The office had a great flow and every employee at Miracle Ear no matter what city was always kind and willing to go out of their way to help each other and most of all the patients. There was always new training and they made it fun to learn.
Pros
Great Company, Strong support, Great Employers
Cons
Productive, nice environment place to work.
Receptionist/Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNSeptember 6, 2015
Managing schedule and getting files ready.
Learn patience and how to deal with Patients
Work well with co-workers
Not being able to get patients in when they need repairs
Seeing the look on hter faces and loved ones when they can hear.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Miracle Ear. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9