MiraCosta College Employee Reviews

Great for college students
WRITING CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAOctober 24, 2016
The culture and the people are nice and they really take care of you whatever you may need to become a successful WC consultant. There are monthly training but they always provide food and give good feedback for making you a better consultant. They will also try to accommodate whatever schedule you might happen to need.
Pros
Free lunches during training, camaraderie, flexible schedule
Cons
observation of your consulting style during first semester
It is a wonderful educative place. The staff and professors are very helpful, nice and professionals.
Current Student (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAOctober 31, 2016
The institution is very good. It has different education's options and plans. Always helps to students in personal and educative issues. The staff and professors are very professional, with very nice attitude and help students. It is a wonderful and helpful school.
Pros
Nice people and place. Support in education and emotional situations.
Cons
No all classes have several schedules. Is difficult to work and to study in this way.
Creative and fun with multi country background of events.
Volunteer Photographer (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJune 25, 2016
I was the member of Photo Club and received recommendation to photograph events for International Club first and for Chinese Club later.

The supervisor of both Clubs always email or talk to me in person one or two weeks before the events. This was volunteer activity so I didn't get pay, but I could join the events and had fun with students here.

Students here come from lot of countries around the world, and they have different background. I have to talk with them first before shooting, because some people don't feel comfortable in front the camera.

As a photographer here, I built up my photography skills in every events, and it also brought to me lot of international friends.

The hardest part is sometimes I make mistake and I couldn't re-shoot again because the events only happen once a year. However, I still received good comments from supervisor of both clubs about my images.
Pros
Free food, fun and interesting.
Cons
Lack of equipment to provide good images
Fantastic Employer
Faculty Professor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 10, 2016
I love teaching the HR Certificate program at MiraCosta College. Wonderful faculty. The culture and environment encourage individuality and growth for all students and existing faculty.
Productive and fun, young environment
Subject-Specific Aid (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAApril 6, 2016
This is a college campus so naturally there is a very young demographic, including staff. Everyone is compensated well and seems to genuinely want to be there everyday. Consistently rated one of the best CC in the nation.
Super fun working environment
Intramural Sports Representative (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMarch 9, 2016
When I work it is always a fun time. All the workers are fun and caring and hardworking. The boss is super nice and really cares for all of his employees.
Productive and Fun Working Environment
Accounting, Finance, and Economics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAAugust 20, 2012
I worked there as a tutor for nearly two years. It was a great place to work while attending school. The only downfall is the pay and some of the superiors at the school.
Pros
fun, location, quiet, flexible
Cons
management, pay
Wonderful students and colleagues
Associate Faculty (Current Employee) –  Oceanside and CardiffMay 24, 2014
Teaching lecture and lab classes. Labs are prepared by excellent lab technicians. Hardest part of job: don't know, best part: students.
Pros
Students, work environment
Cons
Job security
Great place with a fantastic culture
Online Applications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CASeptember 24, 2014
--Solely responsible for processing and overseeing all online applications for admission
--Kept daily records of processing and student information while conforming to FERPA regulations
--Worked frequently with both Veteran Affairs and International Student’s Office
--Worked closely with the Registrar in amending letters and posting information for the new semester terms
--Tracked and applied School codes for institutions not recognized by the system,
--FERPA trained
Good work place
STUDENT AND VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMay 14, 2015
A good environment, good campus. You need to be very professional, they allow for classes to be taken as well, that is an added bonus to working there.
Fantastic Environment
Software Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJanuary 23, 2014
Great place to live, learn and share knowledge. I learned as much as I taught, nearly every day.
Pros
Eager learners.
Cons
Limited upward mobility.
rewarding,educational
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAApril 20, 2012
The classes taught me how to become a nures assistant, and helped me to understand elderly residents and some of their difficulties as well as the needs.
Pros
self fulfilling