MiraCosta College Employee Reviews

Solid place of employment
Purchasing and Materials Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CADecember 19, 2017
MiraCosta College is a good place to work but probably not for everyone. Politics can be a major factor of an individual's success or lack thereof, at the college. Overall, it is relaxed and well compensated, but the lack of upward mobility and the level of influence that can exist there are detractors.
Pros
Relaxed, fairly substantial compensation in most cases
Cons
Somewhat political, not very easy upward mobility
Great place to work and nice people
Proctor (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAOctober 31, 2017
MiraCosta is a beautiful college and very nice to work for. Management is organized and helpful, good communication. I worked part time and for a few months so that is my experience thus far.
Very fun, young crowd
Lead Tutor/Teaching Assistant - Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAAugust 28, 2017
Very fun place to work in the tutoring center, but greatly reduced pay for the services you are offering. You will most likely want to supplement with private tutoring
Hands on Experience
Technician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAAugust 17, 2017
The instructors were very great and friendly to students, a typical day would begin with lecture then group up for the lab and begin working on cars, instructors were very eager to teach and assist during lab.
Pros
Mostly Hands on Experience
Enjoyed working with students
Student Advocate (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJuly 27, 2017
I enjoyed working for an amazing program on campus and working along side other students and young children. I also enjoyed assisting people who were in need of Community Service or simply a lunch.
Cons
Not enough hours
Many job opportunities
Copy Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJuly 18, 2017
Easy to get work in most departments if you like being temporary part-time with few options for permanent positions. Working with this campus in most offices for 8 years and applying multiple times for permanent positions and not getting one took its toll.
Then my manager told me to start looking for another job because of major budget cuts after hearing this for two 2 years I felt all my hard work was for not.
I quit.
Pros
A lot of work offered.
Cons
Most work was temporary part time difficult to secure permanent status.
Computer Lab Assistant
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  OceansideJune 11, 2017
Working in MiraCosta College is the best opportunity I had. All facilities and staffs are nice and very educated. This experience pushed my limit, and brought a lot of chances in my life.
Communications Assistant
Marketing & Communications Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMarch 28, 2017
This is a great employer to work for, but it's very hard to get an interview-even if you are already doing the job as a student worker. The pay is really good and the atmosphere is very friendly.
Pros
Great pay, beautiful campus
Cons
Hard to land and interview
Excellent hands on training
Internship Sales Nursery (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMarch 9, 2017
Horticuluture can be very physical and is diffinitely hands on with daily horticultural tasks such as learning about plant pests, plant diseases, plant nutrition, propagation and greenhouse mangement. The outdoor environment is a plus, whether it be raining out or a hot day plants need care. Management are real people persons with outsanding respect which inturn creates a positve atmosphere to work. Someone once said " love what your are doing and you'll never work a day in your life". This is so true of what I do .
Pros
Hands on
Cons
Student worker
Great working environment focused on student success
Student Activities Office (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAFebruary 11, 2017
Great people at various levels, full of opportunity to encourage students to strive for educational excellence. Everyday brings different opportunities for growth in acquiring skills.
Great environment
Oceanside Library Circulation Aide (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CANovember 10, 2016
Everyday I work with students, staff, and library card holders. No day is the same when it comes to communicating with the MiraCosta Community. The hardest part of the job is making sure everyone is happy at the end of each transaction, and I always go out of my way to exceed my own job expectations. I love the enjoyment of someone going out of their way and thanking me for my service to them and others.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Full-Time positions vastly unavailable
It is a wonderful educative place. The staff and professors are very helpful, nice and professionals.
Current Student (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAOctober 31, 2016
The institution is very good. It has different education's options and plans. Always helps to students in personal and educative issues. The staff and professors are very professional, with very nice attitude and help students. It is a wonderful and helpful school.
Pros
Nice people and place. Support in education and emotional situations.
Cons
No all classes have several schedules. Is difficult to work and to study in this way.
Great for college students
WRITING CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAOctober 24, 2016
The culture and the people are nice and they really take care of you whatever you may need to become a successful WC consultant. There are monthly training but they always provide food and give good feedback for making you a better consultant. They will also try to accommodate whatever schedule you might happen to need.
Pros
Free lunches during training, camaraderie, flexible schedule
Cons
observation of your consulting style during first semester
Creative and fun with multi country background of events.
Volunteer Photographer (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJune 25, 2016
I was the member of Photo Club and received recommendation to photograph events for International Club first and for Chinese Club later.

The supervisor of both Clubs always email or talk to me in person one or two weeks before the events. This was volunteer activity so I didn't get pay, but I could join the events and had fun with students here.

Students here come from lot of countries around the world, and they have different background. I have to talk with them first before shooting, because some people don't feel comfortable in front the camera.

As a photographer here, I built up my photography skills in every events, and it also brought to me lot of international friends.

The hardest part is sometimes I make mistake and I couldn't re-shoot again because the events only happen once a year. However, I still received good comments from supervisor of both clubs about my images.
Pros
Free food, fun and interesting.
Cons
Lack of equipment to provide good images
Productive and fun, young environment
Subject-Specific Aid (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAApril 6, 2016
This is a college campus so naturally there is a very young demographic, including staff. Everyone is compensated well and seems to genuinely want to be there everyday. Consistently rated one of the best CC in the nation.
Fantastic Employer
Faculty Professor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 10, 2016
I love teaching the HR Certificate program at MiraCosta College. Wonderful faculty. The culture and environment encourage individuality and growth for all students and existing faculty.
Super fun working environment
Intramural Sports Representative (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMarch 9, 2016
When I work it is always a fun time. All the workers are fun and caring and hardworking. The boss is super nice and really cares for all of his employees.
Good work place
STUDENT AND VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMay 14, 2015
A good environment, good campus. You need to be very professional, they allow for classes to be taken as well, that is an added bonus to working there.
Great place with a fantastic culture
Online Applications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CASeptember 24, 2014
--Solely responsible for processing and overseeing all online applications for admission
--Kept daily records of processing and student information while conforming to FERPA regulations
--Worked frequently with both Veteran Affairs and International Student’s Office
--Worked closely with the Registrar in amending letters and posting information for the new semester terms
--Tracked and applied School codes for institutions not recognized by the system,
--FERPA trained
Wonderful students and colleagues
Associate Faculty (Current Employee) –  Oceanside and CardiffMay 24, 2014
Teaching lecture and lab classes. Labs are prepared by excellent lab technicians. Hardest part of job: don't know, best part: students.
Pros
Students, work environment
Cons
Job security