MiraCosta College Employee Reviews

Great place with a fantastic culture
Online Applications Specialist (Current Employee), Oceanside, CASeptember 24, 2014
--Solely responsible for processing and overseeing all online applications for admission
--Kept daily records of processing and student information while conforming to FERPA regulations
--Worked frequently with both Veteran Affairs and International Student’s Office
--Worked closely with the Registrar in amending letters and posting information for the new semester terms
--Tracked and applied School codes for institutions not recognized by the system,
--FERPA trained
Wonderful students and colleagues
Associate Faculty (Current Employee), Oceanside and CardiffMay 24, 2014
Pros: students, work environment
Cons: job security
Teaching lecture and lab classes. Labs are prepared by excellent lab technicians. Hardest part of job: don't know, best part: students.
Fantastic Environment
Software Application Specialist (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: eager learners.
Cons: limited upward mobility.
Great place to live, learn and share knowledge. I learned as much as I taught, nearly every day.
Productive and Fun Working Environment
Accounting, Finance, and Economics Tutor (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAAugust 20, 2012
Pros: fun, location, quiet, flexible
Cons: management, pay
I worked there as a tutor for nearly two years. It was a great place to work while attending school. The only downfall is the pay and some of the superiors at the school.
rewarding,educational
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAApril 20, 2012
Pros: self fulfilling
The classes taught me how to become a nures assistant, and helped me to understand elderly residents and some of their difficulties as well as the needs.