Mirage Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Cosmetologist/Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCApril 26, 2015
This was great place to work, had a good time working with the 2 year old. Management was good they were pretty fair with things.
The hardest part of the job was keeping the 2 year old on task sometimes. I really enjoyed seeing the kids grow.
Pros
Teaching the kids
Cons
Changing diapers
Pit Clerk
Pit Clerk (Former Employee) –  LAS VEGAS, NVFebruary 24, 2015
Good job at the time they were the highest paying pit clerks on the strip
easy job just constant data inout
no stress job
wish i would have stayed
flexibility at a price
Promoter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 3, 2014
I go in whenever they call AND whenever I can actually go to a meeting spot, we (the other promoters) wait for our bosses to come with the wristbands that where gonna hand out to people around a designated area, put our number on each band, and go to the area they assigned us to. I learned almost exactly what types of people there are in the city and how complicated it really is to convince people to go to a club. The management can be friendly, but they don't really interact with people that much. The coworkers, for the most part, are great people. The hardest part of the job is standing around for hours, although I can take a break whenever I want. The most enjoyable part is chatting up with fellow co-workers when it gets slow.
Pros
flexible schedule, good work environment, easy going
Cons
very poor commission pay, very broad in giving instructions
casino porter
Casino porter (Former Employee) –  on casino floorOctober 7, 2014
Getting to work, getting your orders, then going on to the job, making sure that you do everything to accomplish it, always did what management asked of me, got along with everyone, was always told I was doing such a good job
Good Foot in the Door for Beginner Store Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 28, 2014
You get coached in how to manage the store.
It's a nice foot in the door for starters/ beginner store managers.
bad hours for Salary wage.
Pros
40% off clothes
Cons
hours, healthcare, wage
Productive work place with new challenges every day
Table games floor supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2014
Working for the Mirage was an amazing experience. We were like a family. I learned something new every day I worked. Being in the service industry you meet new people on a daily basis which kept things fresh. I truly enjoy working with the public. The Mirage allowed me to hone my people skills.
I think the hardest part of working for the Mirage was not being able to always fix things personally for the customer. Having to hand the problem off to a supervisor.
The most enjoyable part of being a part of The Mirage team was knowing every day would be different when I walked in the doors. I was never bored.
Pros
new challenges every day
Cons
not always being able to fix a problem for the customer
competitive workplace with after-hours to cater for clients
Full-time host, 1-oak nightclub (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 9, 2014
I book reservations everyday for clients. Meeting and knowing new people is basically my everyday job. It was indeed a competitive workplace but I kept myself aggressive and i have constantly been the No.1 host in the entire team since I booked most of the table reservations among all.Generally I liked what i was doing. The only thing that held me back is that i had to go inside the club to cater/host for my clients mostly till 3-4am. It was optional but it was the only effective way to keep the clients coming back and to enlarge my own clientele. Other than that it was a fun work experience for me. I enjoyed the knowledge I have learned and people I got to know.
Fun atmosphere
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 30, 2014
I really enjoyed working with formal wear and being involved in selecting dresses for clients.
Pros
friendly, great quality products
Cons
no breaks
enjoy to work place and they have fun for our work.
Minibar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 21, 2013
I worked as day shift,I learned how to work as a minibar attendant.I help my co-workers beyond on my duties,The hardest part of job was pushing cart and get orders to the warehouse and take to our stockroom.but i was enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
freelunch
Cons
good benefits
Passionate Production staff, poor Management and Sales
Quality Control/ Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Deland, FloridaOctober 31, 2013
The company has great potential to increase revenue but has limited to no owner comunication, Poor vendor and customer relations from the sales team and limited sales knowledge on the front line of the company.
Company is interested in selling and needs a passionate and motivated and professional owners to achieve excellence in sales and product.
Pros
long weekends
Cons
disconnected and poor communication from company owner
great place to work
Lead Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2013
was a slower paced enviroment, not a high volume turnaround, co-workers were great, staff was great, as a part time hired, was given my full 40 hours, but full time employment was difficult.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
moving to higer position
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 22, 2013
Pleasant work environment. Low stress level and management was amiable.
Fun
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 25, 2013
A casino cashier, also called a cage cashier, change person, or booth cashier, performs a variety of job duties. Primarily, a casino cashier exchanges funds. A change person trades cash for chips and cashes out slips and game tokens when guests finish playing. To ensure a proper cash balance, a booth cashier must accurately count, verify, and deposit all chips and cash. A casino cashier needs to provide excellent customer service and make rational decisions when handling customer needs and concerns. Additionally, a cashier must follow all safety and cash management polices as outlined by the casino. Most casinos offer paid training to teach company polices and job duties to new-hire cashiers.
Work schedule
cashier, barista (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 8, 2013
The hardest part of the job for me was the scheduling. My co-workers were really nice. Management were ok.
Worked in several different locations while at this one job
Room Reservations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NevadaSeptember 27, 2012
Large call center, with large amount of clerks in one location. All of my fellow employees were very good workers and we worked as a team. Some personal touch was lost because of the size of the work force at the call center. Good job security when I first started with them at the Mirage Hotel, but that decreased once the call center enviroment was introduced.
Pros
paid vacation was up to 4 weeks, good insurance benefits
Cons
high pressure during working hours from management
Tiresome job with bad management
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 17, 2012
During the beginning of the week work will be real slow but picked by Thursday and then good money will be made.
Pros
good tips
Cons
worked 12 hr shifts sometimes and had to report back to work the next night.