Mirage Employee Reviews

Fun and vibrant work place
Head Mixologist (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 18, 2017
I enjoyed working with the staff and management. We had a variety of dishes to chose from the menu. Many people came to see the dancers, and experience the hookah lounge. We hosted many gatherings in our VIP section. I was sad to see the business close, but happy for the owners' retirement.
Very Wonderful company to be a part of
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 25, 2017
As a Security Officer, We had a 30 minute briefing before the start of each shift.
Each Security Officer had hourly sections to patrol in the casino. 2 hour sections when You were scheduled outside.
2-3 Security Officers assigned for patrolling Hotel rooms per shift.
Scheduled Breaks.
Scheduled Classes for Security Officers.
I learned enhanced customer servive and care towards guest and fellow emplyees
. Management is very respectable.
The hardest part of My job was being understaffed.. The most enjoyable parts of My job was meeting People from all over the world and buliding friendships with fellow Security Officers as well as staff from other departments.
Pros
Good pay, free food, great management. Excellent benefits
Cons
None, I had to leave Las Vegas for personal reasons.
productive
Server (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIJuly 22, 2017
nice people fun environment all the people we're easy to work with never had a bad day at that job owners nice workers are fun and the service was always good
Dressing Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  South Padre Island, TXApril 10, 2017
Good place to work to stay busy. There is always something to do and always enough coverage. Breaks are always done. Freedom to work in several areas of the store.
Pros
Good mangement
Cons
No insurance
Not an awful place to work but...
Table Games Casino Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Office towerJuly 16, 2016
The biggest problem at the Mirage is the extremely low employee moral. It's very unpleasant to work with under those conditions, no matter how hard you try.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
The quality of the food is very unappetizing and most folks resort to bringing their own lunch
hostess
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARJune 13, 2016
loved my coworkers and management. The hours were ok, and the atmosphere was great on the weekends.
mirage is great
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 23, 2016
The best job i have ever had. Working here has been great. I have nothing but great things to say about working for mirage from the management to the people who come and enjoy then night life of Raleigh.
Fun Place to Work
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 13, 2016
The company is undergoing corporate changes that are affecting morale and the ability to be successful. The care about their employees and go out of their way to assist.
The Mirage is a wonderful place to work for
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 23, 2016
Typical day at work is checking people in and out and handling guest inquires. I answer phones and handle guest problems and resolve the issue.
Fun Enviroment
WAREHOUSE WORKER (Former Employee) –  TXAugust 1, 2015
typical day would be fun customers are fun to talk with and the environment is clean and employees are good and respectful
Productive and fun workplace
Cosmetologist/Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCApril 26, 2015
This was great place to work, had a good time working with the 2 year old. Management was good they were pretty fair with things.
The hardest part of the job was keeping the 2 year old on task sometimes. I really enjoyed seeing the kids grow.
Pros
Teaching the kids
Cons
Changing diapers
Pit Clerk
Pit Clerk (Former Employee) –  LAS VEGAS, NVFebruary 24, 2015
Good job at the time they were the highest paying pit clerks on the strip
easy job just constant data inout
no stress job
wish i would have stayed
flexibility at a price
Promoter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 3, 2014
I go in whenever they call AND whenever I can actually go to a meeting spot, we (the other promoters) wait for our bosses to come with the wristbands that where gonna hand out to people around a designated area, put our number on each band, and go to the area they assigned us to. I learned almost exactly what types of people there are in the city and how complicated it really is to convince people to go to a club. The management can be friendly, but they don't really interact with people that much. The coworkers, for the most part, are great people. The hardest part of the job is standing around for hours, although I can take a break whenever I want. The most enjoyable part is chatting up with fellow co-workers when it gets slow.
Pros
flexible schedule, good work environment, easy going
Cons
Very poor commission pay, very broad in giving instructions
casino porter
Casino porter (Former Employee) –  on casino floorOctober 7, 2014
Getting to work, getting your orders, then going on to the job, making sure that you do everything to accomplish it, always did what management asked of me, got along with everyone, was always told I was doing such a good job
Good Foot in the Door for Beginner Store Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 28, 2014
You get coached in how to manage the store.
It's a nice foot in the door for starters/ beginner store managers.
bad hours for Salary wage.
Pros
40% off clothes
Cons
hours, healthcare, wage
Productive work place with new challenges every day
Table games floor supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2014
Working for the Mirage was an amazing experience. We were like a family. I learned something new every day I worked. Being in the service industry you meet new people on a daily basis which kept things fresh. I truly enjoy working with the public. The Mirage allowed me to hone my people skills.
I think the hardest part of working for the Mirage was not being able to always fix things personally for the customer. Having to hand the problem off to a supervisor.
The most enjoyable part of being a part of The Mirage team was knowing every day would be different when I walked in the doors. I was never bored.
Pros
new challenges every day
Cons
not always being able to fix a problem for the customer
competitive workplace with after-hours to cater for clients
Full-time host, 1-oak nightclub (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 9, 2014
I book reservations everyday for clients. Meeting and knowing new people is basically my everyday job. It was indeed a competitive workplace but I kept myself aggressive and i have constantly been the No.1 host in the entire team since I booked most of the table reservations among all.Generally I liked what i was doing. The only thing that held me back is that i had to go inside the club to cater/host for my clients mostly till 3-4am. It was optional but it was the only effective way to keep the clients coming back and to enlarge my own clientele. Other than that it was a fun work experience for me. I enjoyed the knowledge I have learned and people I got to know.
Fun atmosphere
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 30, 2014
I really enjoyed working with formal wear and being involved in selecting dresses for clients.
Pros
friendly, great quality products
Cons
no breaks
enjoy to work place and they have fun for our work.
Minibar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 21, 2013
I worked as day shift,I learned how to work as a minibar attendant.I help my co-workers beyond on my duties,The hardest part of job was pushing cart and get orders to the warehouse and take to our stockroom.but i was enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
freelunch
Cons
good benefits
Passionate Production staff, poor Management and Sales
Quality Control/ Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Deland, FloridaOctober 31, 2013
The company has great potential to increase revenue but has limited to no owner comunication, Poor vendor and customer relations from the sales team and limited sales knowledge on the front line of the company.
Company is interested in selling and needs a passionate and motivated and professional owners to achieve excellence in sales and product.
Pros
long weekends
Cons
Disconnected and poor communication from company owner