Miraval Arizona (www.miravalresorts.com) is a premier resort and destination spa which provides the space - physically and spiritually - to reconnect with oneself on the path to a life in balance. Nestled at the base of the stunning Catalina Mountains, Miraval Arizona's 118 rooms and 16 residential villas, situated on 400 acres of lush Sonoran Desert, create an inspiring backdrop that is warm and welcoming any time of the year. Our luxurious accommodations, world renowned spa services, award winning cuisine, and cutting edge programs and activities have led to Miraval’s recognition as the #1 spa in the world, year after year.
Job Summary: The Reservations Manager is responsible for creating and developing a high-performing, sales driven call center environment focused on exceeding guest expectations and revenue goals. This is a full-time, exempt position.
- Create a high performance, revenue generating team through consistent development, training and coaching of Reservations Agents and Advisors.
- Leverage room inventory, maximize average rate and up-sell resort services and amenities through hands-on coaching and feedback to achieve company conversion, revenue and guest service goals.
- Ensure a positive pre-arrival experience for guests by accurately conveying resort and reservation information, qualifying guest needs, and ensuring precise entry of guest information into booking system.
- React responsively to trends and changes in market conditions by adjusting selling strategies relative to business needs.
- Data tracking, reporting and auditing relevant information
- Forecasting call volume and determining best sales strategy of resort products
- Responsible for upholding Miraval departmental standards and practices.
- Implement and manage all processes related to the effective handling of inbound guest calls.
- Ensures effective resolution of service issues with a proactive approach to guest needs.
- Convey information, both written and verbal that is clear, precise, and understandable by all levels.
- Respond timely to requests for information and assistance from guests, agents and other resort employees.
- Understand and be able to develop and leverage a team of people with unique talents and a variety of strengths to maximize effectiveness of the department.
- Completing schedule for reservations agents
- Effective budget and P&L management
- Maintain PMS and all other booking systems
- Regularly recognize and reward agents for excellent performance
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years of managerial experience in a hotel reservations call center environment preferred
- Advanced technology proficiency with thorough working knowledge of GDS, reservations software and booking systems (Agilisys/Visual One preferred)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with ability to skillfully articulate resort information to guests and new agents
- Previous experience in development and delivery of training information
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or other business related field
- Proactive approach to guest service needs and resolution
- Exceptional time management, detail and organizational skills
- High level of computer capability
Full Time Benefits Include:
- Medical, dental and vision plan
- 401(k) plan with 25% employer match
- Paid time-off
- Resort and Spa discounts
- Use of resort programs and facilities
- Company paid STD, LTD and Life Insurance