Miriam Hospital Employee Reviews

A good place to work
PSR (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 15, 2016
Every department is different and the environment depends on that. I loved working at the main campus, but not so much off site. I was there for almost 10 years!
Loved working here. I made great friendships and learned a lot.
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  ICUSeptember 6, 2016
I was able to advance my career as a medical social worker and get amazing supervision. My manager was incredibly supportive. I loved my fellow social workers and nurses.
Pros
Good pay, support, nice people to work with.
Cons
Not very flexible, can't leave during lunch because cars are parked far away.
Great place to work.
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 26, 2016
Great team work. Flexible schedule. Great management support. I've learned a lot with The Miriam Hospital staff is always helping each other, an extremely great support system, it's great to go to work knowing I'm part of the team.
really bad management
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 25, 2016
Not a place I would recommend. Employee treated like slaves. No one ever cares about your health or wellness. They are just using you and pushing you beyond all reasons. One of the most unhappy places I've ever seen.
Pros
Cons
slavery
Sales associate representative in the hospital gift shop.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 14, 2016
I had a good time working with my co-workers and supervisor. the most think that I learned was how to manage the money, and How to manage people in different levels.the hardest part of the job was when the store was getting little bit slow down.
Pros
We didn't have a free lunches.
Cons
We had a half an hour off breaks.
Always busy, my day flies
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 8, 2016
most people have a positive attitude.
Everyone pitches in and overtime available.
It is good to remain flexible as priorities change.
Pros
Great management, appreciated
Caring Work Place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 15, 2016
Excellent place for and amazing job opportunity. They are a teaching hospital and so you are able to learn while you work. The staff is helpful and always willing to give you a hand when needed.
Volunteering work
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 7, 2016
I am Volunteering my work there because I am keeping my skills ahead. I enjoyed working with them and they are friendly. I am doing Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. I am xeroxing people presentations classes for them.
Looking forward to work.
Clerical Support (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 28, 2016
I liked this hospital because I had surgery there and I am impressed with the nurses and doctors that took care of me while I was there recovering. Very patient with my pain and giving me pain meds when I need them.
Pros
Free lunches
Great place to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 2, 2016
My floor is a place where team work is a must as we work to help our cancer patients to feel better. While working on 4B I have learned many thing such as how to preform blood sugar checks and EKGs and how to respond to a code. The hardest part of my job is the lose of a patient and the best is putting a smile on the patients faces.
Fast paced work enviorment with an opportunity for gaining additional knowledge on a daily basis.
NURSING ASSISTANT-EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 3, 2015
Each day we received a different assignment where the number of patients the acuity level of patients and the staffing was different. It fostered a great opportunity for me to learn to work with all different staff members including, nurses, doctors, nursing assistants and other medical personnel. Our management staff made themselves available for open communication whether via email, phone or in person. They all made us feel as though we were all an integral part of the medical team. Everyday provided an opportunity to potentially learn something new which was very exciting to me and made me look forward to going to work. The job was difficult at times due to the fact we had frequent short staffing issues but overall I am grateful for the all of the experience my position provided for me. I now have decided to further my education in the medical field.
Pros
Interaction with patients of all ages. The emergency department operated as a team.
Cons
Frequent short staffing issues
very productive
Path Sample Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 28, 2015
Its a good place to work, just wish Compensation was a little better... But management treat Medical staff well... I just need more room to grow!
Medical Assistant Internship (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 21, 2015
Typical Day consist of pulling charts checking in patient, Recorded Vital signs Making sure patients information was updated escorting patient to doctors office, Make sure Environment was sanitary. Filing... over all a very nice work environment to work in.
HVAC Technician at Miriam Hospital's Facilities Management
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Providence RIMarch 6, 2015
*TYPICAL DAY ,Clock in , check Siemens Bldg. automation for any alarms that would need immediate attention, Meet with supervisor when possible to discuss the daily operations or any work request that needed a fast response. Meanwhile continuing to work on unfinished W.O. such-as Predictive or Preventive. . Having to prioritize and respond to work order request coming over the Motorola radio.

* LEARNED The importance and true meaning of "Team Work" in order to have a facility operating an a Safe,Productive,Successful manner. Having worked with Johnson Building Controls I was given the opportunity to learn and attend school for Siemens Building Controls.

* MANAGEMENT. . Some lack leadership skills .

*CO-WORKERS. Got along with co-workers although they worked in different trades . I was the only HVAC technician there.

*ENJOYABLE PART. Knowing that I completed work assigned to
me in a safe and professional way. That Patients and Staff were happy / comfortable with ambient temperature in their rooms.
Company took care of the empoyees
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rhode Island, RIMarch 3, 2015
Enjoyed working with everyone. You were treated with respect and if needed to be talked to about a problem it was done behind closed doors, not in front of other employees
Managers were always helpful and there for you
Pros
enjoyed my hours
Cons
really not any
Miriam hospital
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  RIFebruary 7, 2015
This hospital is great to work for problem of advancement is an issue to to the influx of per diems. I like to the atmosphere and love working with my co-workers.
This is a beautiful, modern facility
Patient Access (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 16, 2014
My nights working here have taught me a lot. I often work closely with another worker and have to be on my mark as there is no one to tell us what needs to be done. I enjoy learning about insurances, registration and the whole process to ensure that information is properly entered to identify patients. The hardest part of my job is being on my feet for a long period of time. The best part of my job is my co workers. I would work with any of them, I have enjoyed teaching and learning from them.
Pros
the cafeteria is open nights, you are encouraged to leave and change your surroundings for 30 minutes.
Cons
exposure to germs and illness.
Fun Place to work
MRI Tech (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 11, 2014
Thoroughly enjoy the position I currently have, always looking for room to advance and always looking for a first shift option.
productive medical setting
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 20, 2014
Typical secretarial work in a call center for RIH hospital.

Please see resume
Very micro managed, no advancement, raises are a joke
Patient Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 31, 2014
everyonr feels differently about the place but the managent just doesnt care anymore

4.3