Miriam Hospital Employee Reviews

Alot Like High School
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 21, 2017
If you are a member of the "in crowd" or "cheerleader squad" then you will do well. If not you will be tortured, treated disrespectfully, harrassed and demeaned until you break or they break you.

Management needs to be re evaluated and fixed or this place will go down the tubes, it's headed there already. Nursing leadership needs to listen when an employee is saying "hey I'm being picked on, tortured or treated ill by my manager". Instead of saying "I'm sure that's not happening".

Vacation and time off submissions need to be tracked-online so it is a fair practice.
Pros
Peers on your level
Educative, caring,
Medical Surgical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 23, 2017
This is a company I worked for going to different hospital. A typical day is caring for patients. I learned to adjust to the environment of different place on a daily basis.
Great place to work.
Front Desk Scheduler and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 21, 2017
Great staff and everyone gets along within the various co-siding departments. They train you with everything you need to know and co-workers are more than happy to answer any questions you have. Safe environment. Never had any issues. Was able to work independently confidently. I enjoyed the employees and my job in general. I don't think there was a hard part about my job.
Pros
Friendly, safe enviroment.
Cons
I didn't find any cons.
very challenging, and rewarding
Clinical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 5, 2017
Working in the emegency room was a challenge, The 26 years provided me with a strong respect for healthcare. The most difficult part of my position was experiencing patients demise.
Pros
working with a numerous group of providers, in different medical specialties
Cons
no ability for advancement in administration
By far the best job I have ever had in my career.
Administrative Assistant to Chief of Cardiology (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 22, 2017
Delightful co-worker who shared an office with me.
Many medical situations were discussed. My knowledge of cardiology increased by leaps and bounds. Interaction with patients via the telephone or in person. Management was of the highest regard. The workplace culture was to care for our patients whether it be in the hospital setting or an office setting. The hardest part of my job was saying "goodbye" when I retired. The most enjoyable part of the job was the daily interaction with delightful, intelligent caring individuals who showed up for work every day with a positive outlook and the willingness to help all patients return to a healthy lifestyle.
Pros
Wonderful salary package, health benefits, vacation/sick time .
Cons
Upper management rotations.
Good working environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 15, 2017
This company is a friendly and healthy working environment the company strives to meet the needs of the community and staff they have great outreach services and patient care staff work in unity to make sure that the work gets done
Pros
satisfied
Cons
satisfied
great place to learn and work
Phlebotomist II (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJanuary 29, 2017
A huge hospital which meets the needed of a large diverse culture
staff is awesome and fun to work with, as well as learn from.
Id work there again for sure
great place and staff
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 27, 2016
this hospital is always willing to train and happy with great work. it was a learning experience that molded my humanitarian heart and habits.
A good place to work
PSR (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 15, 2016
Every department is different and the environment depends on that. I loved working at the main campus, but not so much off site. I was there for almost 10 years!
Loved working here. I made great friendships and learned a lot.
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  ICUSeptember 6, 2016
I was able to advance my career as a medical social worker and get amazing supervision. My manager was incredibly supportive. I loved my fellow social workers and nurses.
Pros
Good pay, support, nice people to work with.
Cons
Not very flexible, can't leave during lunch because cars are parked far away.
Great place to work.
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 26, 2016
Great team work. Flexible schedule. Great management support. I've learned a lot with The Miriam Hospital staff is always helping each other, an extremely great support system, it's great to go to work knowing I'm part of the team.
really bad management
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 25, 2016
Not a place I would recommend. Employee treated like slaves. No one ever cares about your health or wellness. They are just using you and pushing you beyond all reasons. One of the most unhappy places I've ever seen.
Pros
Cons
slavery
Sales associate representative in the hospital gift shop.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 14, 2016
I had a good time working with my co-workers and supervisor. the most think that I learned was how to manage the money, and How to manage people in different levels.the hardest part of the job was when the store was getting little bit slow down.
Pros
We didn't have a free lunches.
Cons
We had a half an hour off breaks.
Always busy, my day flies
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 8, 2016
most people have a positive attitude.
Everyone pitches in and overtime available.
It is good to remain flexible as priorities change.
Pros
Great management, appreciated
Caring Work Place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 15, 2016
Excellent place for and amazing job opportunity. They are a teaching hospital and so you are able to learn while you work. The staff is helpful and always willing to give you a hand when needed.
Volunteering work
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 7, 2016
I am Volunteering my work there because I am keeping my skills ahead. I enjoyed working with them and they are friendly. I am doing Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. I am xeroxing people presentations classes for them.
Looking forward to work.
Clerical Support (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 28, 2016
I liked this hospital because I had surgery there and I am impressed with the nurses and doctors that took care of me while I was there recovering. Very patient with my pain and giving me pain meds when I need them.
Pros
Free lunches
Great place to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 2, 2016
My floor is a place where team work is a must as we work to help our cancer patients to feel better. While working on 4B I have learned many thing such as how to preform blood sugar checks and EKGs and how to respond to a code. The hardest part of my job is the lose of a patient and the best is putting a smile on the patients faces.
Fast paced work enviorment with an opportunity for gaining additional knowledge on a daily basis.
NURSING ASSISTANT-EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 3, 2015
Each day we received a different assignment where the number of patients the acuity level of patients and the staffing was different. It fostered a great opportunity for me to learn to work with all different staff members including, nurses, doctors, nursing assistants and other medical personnel. Our management staff made themselves available for open communication whether via email, phone or in person. They all made us feel as though we were all an integral part of the medical team. Everyday provided an opportunity to potentially learn something new which was very exciting to me and made me look forward to going to work. The job was difficult at times due to the fact we had frequent short staffing issues but overall I am grateful for the all of the experience my position provided for me. I now have decided to further my education in the medical field.
Pros
Interaction with patients of all ages. The emergency department operated as a team.
Cons
Frequent short staffing issues
very productive
Path Sample Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 28, 2015
Its a good place to work, just wish Compensation was a little better... But management treat Medical staff well... I just need more room to grow!