Miriam Hospital

Miriam Hospital Employee Reviews

Medical Assistant Internship (Current Employee), Providence, RIApril 21, 2015
Typical Day consist of pulling charts checking in patient, Recorded Vital signs Making sure patients information was updated escorting patient to doctors office, Make sure Environment was sanitary. Filing... over all a very nice work environment to work in.
HVAC Technician at Miriam Hospital's Facilities Management
HVAC Technician (Former Employee), Providence RIMarch 6, 2015
*TYPICAL DAY ,Clock in , check Siemens Bldg. automation for any alarms that would need immediate attention, Meet with supervisor when possible to discuss the daily operations or any work request that needed a fast response. Meanwhile continuing to work on unfinished W.O. such-as Predictive or Preventive. . Having to prioritize and respond to work order request coming over the Motorola radio.

* LEARNED The importance and true meaning of "Team Work" in order to have a facility operating an a Safe,Productive,Successful manner. Having worked with Johnson Building Controls I was given the opportunity to learn and attend school for Siemens Building Controls.

* MANAGEMENT. . Some lack leadership skills .

*CO-WORKERS. Got along with co-workers although they worked in different trades . I was the only HVAC technician there.

*ENJOYABLE PART. Knowing that I completed work assigned to
me in a safe and professional way. That Patients and Staff were happy / comfortable with ambient temperature in their rooms.
Company took care of the empoyees
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Rhode Island, RIMarch 3, 2015
Pros: enjoyed my hours
Cons: really not any
Enjoyed working with everyone. You were treated with respect and if needed to be talked to about a problem it was done behind closed doors, not in front of other employees
Managers were always helpful and there for you
Miriam hospital
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), RIFebruary 7, 2015
This hospital is great to work for problem of advancement is an issue to to the influx of per diems. I like to the atmosphere and love working with my co-workers.
This is a beautiful, modern facility
Patient Access (Current Employee), Providence, RIJuly 16, 2014
Pros: the cafeteria is open nights, you are encouraged to leave and change your surroundings for 30 minutes.
Cons: exposure to germs and illness.
My nights working here have taught me a lot. I often work closely with another worker and have to be on my mark as there is no one to tell us what needs to be done. I enjoy learning about insurances, registration and the whole process to ensure that information is properly entered to identify patients. The hardest part of my job is being on my feet for a long period of time. The best part of my job is my co workers. I would work with any of them, I have enjoyed teaching and learning from them.
Fun Place to work
MRI Tech (Current Employee), Providence, RIJune 11, 2014
Thoroughly enjoy the position I currently have, always looking for room to advance and always looking for a first shift option.
productive medical setting
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Providence, RIMay 20, 2014
Typical secretarial work in a call center for RIH hospital.

Please see resume
Very micro managed, no advancement, raises are a joke
Patient Financial Counselor (Current Employee), Providence, RIMarch 31, 2014
everyonr feels differently about the place but the managent just doesnt care anymore
Excellent work environment
Nutrition Hostess (Current Employee), Providence, RIFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: great health benefits
On a daily basis I prepare meal trays that I personally deliver to all the patients on my set floor. I read the menu to each patient that I have for their daily menu selections. I deliver additional items requested by patients as allowed by diet. I am also responsible for keeping a par level of stock for the patients. I work in an excellent environment with great co workers and a management team that is pro active and always available to hear concerns and address them if necessary.The most enjoyable part of the job is the daily personal interaction with my patients.
awesome hospital to work in
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee), Providence, RIJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: challenging and fun, great team
Cons: sub standard pay
great nurses, great teamwork. you are highly respected as a nurse at the miriam hospital.
Front Desk Receptionist
Secretary (Former Employee), Providence, RIDecember 28, 2013
Pros: i highly enjoyed working in the hospital setting
Cons: there was no challenge
My day-to-day at Miriam Hospital consisted of answering phone calls from patients' family members. Giving patient condition, room number, etc., and escorted family members to their patient's room.
A great place to work and learn
Lifespan Partner (Former Employee), Providence, RIDecember 16, 2013
always work with different patients, this made the day go by fast and very enjoyable.
Professional, warm and caring environment in which to work....beautiful gift shop and cafeteria.
Coding Intern (NON-EMPLOYEE*) (Former Employee), Providence, RIOctober 15, 2013
Pros: the wonderful environment.
Cons: the day goes by extremely fast.
Miriam Hospital is a general medical, surgical and teaching hospital located in Providence, RI. The hospital has performed at the level of nationally ranked U.S. News Best Hospitals in 8 adult specialties.

Grateful and proud to be interning for such a wonderful healthcare facility, I have learned a great deal in a very short amount of time.

The management and my co-workers have been extremely kind, helpful and professional. I have found the most enjoyable part of my job to be the variety I am given to code. In addition, the friendly and professional staff that welcomes any question I might have.

I am extremely appreciative of the opportunity I have had at Miriam Hospital and look forward to a career in healthcare as a Medical Coder.

*"Employee" has been added automatically by the site. I am an unpaid Intern (Non-Employee).
Emergency Room Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Providence, RIJune 18, 2012
Pros: enjoyable staff
Cons: short breaks
Nights at work are normally very fun but extreemly busy. Co workers are fun for the most part. Hardest part of the job are the clash of personalities
Excellent work place.
Outreach Worker/Case Manager (Former Employee), Providence, RIMay 30, 2012
Pros: working with people that really cared about giving the best care to the clients
Cons: for me their was no cons.
A typical day was seeing the clients and putting a smiles on their faces. It was all about them.
I learned so much about compassion, and hope how important the two are in life to have.
Great management, the managers are very reachable and understanding. Know big I's and little U's, but at the same time doing their jobs as managers.
Their was'nt a hard part, I enjoyed what I did at Montie, sometimes their were sad moments because of the kind of work I did, but not hard.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the team work and the hope that the staff gave the clients.
Independent Lab Assistant
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Rumford, RIMarch 28, 2012
Enjoy working in an off-site facility in a private physicians office for the hospital. I was very happy with the staff and my supervisor, but opportunities for growth in the lab was limited.
Miriam Hospital Experience
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee), Providence, RIMarch 26, 2012
Pros: great work environment, team experience, great management
Start of in the locker rook changing into scrubs for sterile environment. Contact operating room to find out current surgeries for the day. Print out lists of surgeries while testing all of the sterilization machines. Pick and assemble tools for oncoming surgeries for the day. Finally disassemble, clean and sterilize tools from previous surgeries.