Misericordia Home Employee Reviews

N/a
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2017
Very good place to work if you want to start off in the healthcare field great training staff and residents everybody is very helpful good place to start for experience
Underappreciated
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2017
This place is a business. If you care about the residents instead of treating them like flipping a burger you will have a hard time here. Your job is not stable. Kiss up and you will advance. This place values brown nosing and attendance and punctuality. Doesn't matter how you do your job as long as your on time don't call in and smile in their face.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Politics..out of touch management..uncaring staff
Overnight Rehab Worker (Former Employee)
Overnight Rehab Worker (Former Employee) –  Misericordia Home NorthJuly 2, 2017
I worked for this company about 3 years, back in 1996-1998. The only reason I would give this job 3 stars is because of the Residents! you really feel as though your job has meaning and is important! I can still see some of those precious faces to this day.
Pros
The Residents
Cons
Manangement
Predictive fun workplace
Houskeeping coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 23, 2017
Great place and environment the leadership in the organization is phenomenal from the executives, supervisors, administrators, etc it's just a great exemplary organization
Pros
Get to interact with the children in a fun loving way
Cons
No overtime for certain departments
Great place for dedicated employees.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 26, 2016
Misericordia has very high standards, but is loyal to their employees.
Benefits and compensation are among the highest for the field.
Learn to just do your job and keep it going!
RN (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 1, 2016
This a great place to work for, solely because the patients are amazing. They can brighten an awful day with a flash of a smile. I enjoyed coming to work to care for them. You can learn a lot here. The benefits are ok too. Dental/health/vision. Family plans are expensive though! 401k, they match your contributions. PTO days are offered after you've been working for a while. Downside: MANAGMENT- AWFUL! No good! Lots of chiefs and not enough Indians as they say is the case in this place with A LOT of power plays. LOTS of MICROMANAGING!!! Your best bet is to take any issue straight to the Administrator. A small issue can easily become blown out of portion as it moves down the long line of supervisor, DON, director...etc. Very similar to that game of telephone. Lots of nepotism here as well. No overtime for RNs. If you are an RN you are capped at the starting of $25 an hour. There are little increases that HAVE to be given to RNs only because the state gives it for cost of living so you might get anywhere from 1-3% every year or every other. Only two holidays are time and half for every single employee here, Christmas and New Years. Other than that nothing. No room for advancement here either. Just remember why you became a nurse and care for your patients. Have worked as a nurse for many years experiencing many types of management, but this by far is the doozy! Come in as a new grad, get your year's experience and keep it moving. Good Luck!
Pros
Patients are amazing, benefits are ok
Cons
MANAGMENT! MANAGMENT! MANAGMENT! Wages are noncompetitive with other facilities like this one
productive work place
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2015
i love working here its all about the residents you get really attached to them like if they are your second family you feel really good knowing that you help people with disabilities
Pros
residents
Cons
short staff, management
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2015
Great place to work, enjoy working for the residents they are fun and loving, hours are long pay is great. Located on the North-side of Chicago, wonderful location view is awesome and staff is wonderful to work with.
Pros
great hours
Misericordia - The good and the bad
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2014
Great place to work! It feels like a family environment. I love the residents and some of my co-workers. However, the benefits are terrible, and raises have not been given in years.
Pros
Residents
Benefits
Productive work place
Direct Service Provider (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 27, 2014
Overall Misericordia is an excellent work environment. They have great benefits and its a wonderful place where you can evolve in your career. A typical day at work would include me helping residents with there everyday activities to help their day run smoothly. I Have learn the importance of life and how much value it has working here just based off spending time with the residents that reside their and how appreciative they are of life. Misericordia is a home for the mentally disabled and to work there you have to have a humble heart. Management for the most part is very fair I have no complaints but I believe that there is always room for improvement. The hardest part of my job is losing a resident, when a resident has passed that is very difficult for me to handle simply because I have grown very attached to everyone that I work with. The most enjoyable part of my job would be working here you always will have a smile on your face, no matter what kind of day your having they will find a way to brighten up your day.
Productive busy place to work
certified nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2014
A typical work day for me was I came in, got my assignment got the kids ready for the day... transported them where ever to school, work, swimming, etc. I learned hands on about g-tubes, tracs, seizures, behaviors of the mentally disabled. Mostly all our lifting was 2 people assist so my co- workers were a helping hand and teacher to new things. The hardest part about this job was learning to cope... there I saw things that I didn't know was possible as far as small life mistakes. The most enjoyable part was meeting those kids an leaning how they communicate with the world.
Pros
learned alot, great communication
Cons
swimming in the winter
team support and complete responsibilities in a timely and professional manner.
Certified nurse assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILLMay 28, 2014
I had a great experience learning and working at at Misericordia. This home provides excellent care for residents who live in there campus. Misericordia, employees devoted to offer their best on what they do, all employs are team players and have excellent communication.
Pros
excellent team work
Cons
short breaks
fun and clean work enviroment
DSP (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2013
The day is filled with many fun activities for the residents. I learned that just because a person have a disability dont mean their not capable of learning new things. Management needs to learn compassion for human being first, secondly for their employees. Value their employees of ten years plus. Incorporate honest into their mission statement. Your co-workers is the best part of the team. They get you through day where you can laugh at the end of the worse day ever. The hardest part of the job was divide and conquer method of dealing with issues with employees. I love making the cilents smile and a good time. It was nice to get them out into the community.
Pros
clean enviroment, minimum supervision
Cons
short breaks and healthcare concerns
this place will make you a better human
CNA (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 27, 2013
I loved everyday, working here. the people are fun to be around, the patients are awesome as well.
Good place for an entry level position in healthcare.
Nurses Aide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2012
I have been working at Misericordia North for the past 3 years and counting and I must say it is a good place if you are starting off in the healthcare field.
Pros
paid time off every month, one weekend off a month and overtime.
Cons
benefits could be better.
Emotionally Rewarding
Direct Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 18, 2012
Misericordia Home is a great place for people with mental disabilities to live and thrive in a community of people who are similar to them. Just like working with children, working with these young, and older adults gives one a sense of satisfaction knowing that you're helping a family care about someone they love, but requires assistance in order for everyone in the family to have the best of life.
Pros
holiday bonuses, relationships between staff and families
Cons
short breaks, advancement opportunities