Mishimoto Employee Reviews

Flexible, Growing company. Work Hard, Play Hard
Employee (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEFebruary 17, 2017
I've been at Mishimoto over a year now and am continually amazed with how quickly they pivot and adapt to circumstances and challenges. My immediate supervisor as well as those in other departments are constantly seeking to learn and respond to feedback in order to make this company stronger and a better place to work. Employees are definitely held to high standards and pushed to continually improve, and I'm glad to have a team that motivates me to give my best.

I've seen several co-workers take career advancement opportunities that are a direct result of their contribution to the team and their skill set in the job. Awesome to see this! I'd also be remiss if I didn't mention that we've had turn-over in the past year, too. While it always sucks to see someone go, by choice or not, my own experience has been that the right people are still here and thriving and those that could not find a way to adapt to the companies growth are not.

Don't apply if you want a cushy job where you can put your feet up and zone out and punch a clock. What you do on day one will definitely be different on day 100. Personally, I love that it keeps me on my toes and I'm always learning something new. If that stresses you out, best to look elsewhere.
Pros
Fido Fridays, Wine & Cheese Meetings, Flexible Management Team, Cool Office Environment, Opportunity for Growth
Cons
Loud office due to Car noises, Change happens quickly
Looks can be deceiving
Former employee (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEFebruary 4, 2017
This company seems like a great opportunity to work in a casual and fun environment but in reality it's quite different. They make it seem like the benefits are great, having two days a week to bring in a dog, having a "fitness center" that no one but management actually uses, etc, but the perks pretty much end there. Management is extremely disconnected and communication is difficult. Everyone is miserable because they do the work of multiple people and even do work meant for other departments. You'll be stressed, under-compensated, and the cool environment will quickly fade.

It's not worth trying to get experience or learn from working here, because it will be nothing but stress and frustration.
Pros
Dog days, casual dress code
Cons
Lack of communication, poor management, disengaged CEO, lack of structure
Not what i hoped
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEFebruary 1, 2017
People are leaving this company as fast as possible right now. Turn over is insane, probably has something to do with management and the fake 'google environment' the ceo is trying to create. It lures you in but you will learn fast that it's all for show. If he would listen to what his employees are saying instead of trying to buy them off with a popcorn machine maybe things would get better.
Pros
your coworkers will share your negative attitude so you will always have something to talk about
Cons
very low pay, way too many useless meetings, confusion of job duties as high up as executive level
Not what you think
Markeing (Former Employee) –  DelawareJanuary 12, 2017
What seems like a cool, hip, fun environment to work in is just a front for a severely micro-managed small family business.

If you want to be respected for your work, worth, and skill set please look elsewhere. You can continue to prove yourself but you will never be rewarded, you won't move up in this company, and you certainly will not get a raise.

Work hard everyday and attempt to fix recurring issues and you might just get told to work a little slower, a little less hard because not everyone can focus as well as you can.

Want a dead end, beyond frustrating job that will have you sending out resumes before you hit a month? Join #teammishi
Pros
Sometimes there are dogs and beer
Cons
Two separate offices creates a massive divide in the company, unqualified upper management, consistent negativity from anyone in an executive postion
Fun place to work!
employee (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEAugust 18, 2016
My experience with Mishimoto so far has definitely been a positive one. It's fun to be around the aftermarket automotive industry, and around a bunch of other enthusiasts, every day, and it's great to be part of a fast-growing and successful company. Co-workers are all pretty positive, and willing to help out when it's needed. Pretty much all of the major benefits are covered, like health/dental/vision insurance, 401k, plus wine and cheese every other week, fido Friday/Wednesday, on-site gym, etc., and plenty of teambuilding activities - some for departments and some company-wide. You can flex your start/end time to make your commute a little easier, which is good.

One of the best parts of this being a small company, is that each individual's work actually matters. Every member of the team is needed in order to design/test/release each new product and get them marketed and sold. It means that hard work is expected on a daily basis. It's great experience for those just starting out in a career, and it creates situations where really going above and beyond is needed, and it can be recognized. Because everyone is a critical part of the team, though, it means that slacking off will also be recognized, so it's not the place for someone looking to just get by, or the type that needs constant reassurance for doing the things in your job description and proudly displays a shelf of participation trophies, a small, fast paced company that's looking to keep growing probably isn't the right place for you.

Management seems relatively open to suggestions for changes. It's a relatively
  more... small team at the top, and they are pretty busy, so communicating in a clear and concise manner is necessary, and of course, a suggestion may or may not be implemented. Overall, though, I don't know that anyone has gotten negative feedback for making a suggestion that they genuinely believe would be positive for the company, even if it's not possible for it to happen.

PTO: It starts accruing at a pretty standard 2 weeks/year from the day you start, and comp days are provided for assignments on the weekend. Of course more is always better, as a still small organization, though, coverage can be a challenge, and that's been openly recognized.

Promotional opportunities: There are definitely people who have been promoted within the organization. Again, small company, not an organization of hundreds or thousands of people where there are constantly openings at different levels, so the number of opportunities is naturally limited, but current employees definitely are considered as they prove that they are growing in their career.
Pros
Great coworkers, cars, fun, you can wear shorts
Cons
Health, dental, vision not as generous as with larger organizations
August 30, 2016

Thank you for your review of the company and for the five stars! It seems like you are thriving in our fast paced environment and gaining an appreciation of the automotive world. We appreciate your compliments and will continue to improve our work environment to make it even better! We are constantly evaluating our benefits and perks to improve upon them.

Team Mishi
Mishimoto (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEAugust 7, 2016
To be honest, the individuals who are on here speaking bad about Mishimoto should speak to their managers or to the CEO about change because they will greet you with open ears. The CEO literally stated at a recent Wine and Cheese that he is always opened to questions and feedback about the environment at Mishimoto. If that isn't enough for you then I don't know how you'll ever be happy in any job with any company. If you don't like your pay rate then get a degree or higher degree. It's pretty simple.

Mishimoto's environment is fast paced. It was emphasized during my interview and probably yours. Mishimoto does not hide that we are fast growing and will continue to grow. Also, I have personally seen for myself the opportunity to grow within the company and if you have not then you haven't been here for longer than a year or two.

Now, about Mishimoto:
Tuesdays (bi-weekly): Wine and Cheese - Product releases, Promotions announced, New employees introduced, any other company wide announcements

Wednesday/Friday: Dogs! One dog each Wednesday and a different dog Friday.

Company Wide events: Ball games, picnics, Dave & Busters, etc.

Management: Open-door and available to questions; Positive attitude

Co-Workers: Upbeat, positive and committed to making Mishimoto a wonderful workplace to work at.

Hours: Flexible; 8:00 - 4:30; 8:30 - 5:00; 9:00 - 5:30

Cool features: We have two buildings: One for R&D (almost complete) and headquarters; Showroom that Wine and Cheese is held in, which includes pool table, beer fridge, and arcade basketball games; Creative lounge
  more... that has massage chair; Gym

Most enjoyable: Loving where and who I work with; I have my daily tasks and I have my projects, it's a great mix.

Hardest: The food options around New Castle are limited.
Pros
Opportunity, Open Door atmosphere, 401k match, Dog Wednesday/Friday, Wine and Cheese, Flexible Hours, Gym, Company events
Cons
Food options around New Castle
August 13, 2016

Thank you for your review of the company. It seems like you are thriving in our fast paced environment. Opportunity is available to those willing to step up and own their career. As our organization grows, we want our employees to grow with us. Our goal is to continue creating an environment where you and the team can thrive.

A Company That Rewards Hard Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEJuly 1, 2016
In my other jobs I always felt like my hard work was never recognized. That is not the case at Mishimoto. Don't get me wrong, you will put in a hard days work, but they make an effort to recognize employees that shine. The benefits are fantastic (my favorite is the massage chair) and I have been able to rise in my career through hard work.
Pros
Wine and Cheese Events, Team Building Events, 401K w/ Company Match, Room for Growth, Company Wide Team Wins Bonus
August 13, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your compliments. We strive to reward and promote individuals committed to putting in a solid day's work and helping our small company succeed.

High Growth, Entrepreneurial, Fun Work Place
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEJune 16, 2016
It is a fun place to work. It doesn't feel like you're working because every day you have something new or exciting to do. Everyone that works here is extremely nice and helpful. Our entire team is talented and highly motivated. It feels great to be a part of something like this. The culture here is also unlike any other company I know of. Management makes sure that they recognize and reward their employees which helps keep everyone motivated.
August 13, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for the five stars. We appreciate your compliments and will continue to improve our work environment to make it even better! A great team is important to us and we are happy that you’ve experienced great things at Mishimoto

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mishimoto. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9