MISSION CITY COMMUNITY NETWORK Employee Reviews

face pace productive fun place to work
MEDICAL ASSISTANT 2 (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CANovember 20, 2017
good place to work as a starter right of school build your experience love the doctors that worked there pretty friendly and they teach you a whole lot.
mission city
Pharmacy Technician CPhT (Former Employee) –  North Hills, CAApril 10, 2017
I love my time at mission city. I love a challenging and productive work day. A non profit organization giving back to a community in need. filling prescriptions , pharmacists double checks, and make a point of sale. Usually, patient pays close to nothing.
Pros
challenging
Cons
stressful
productive and unexpected
Assisstant (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAFebruary 4, 2017
A typical day at my work would be to get everything organized and ready before the clients would come. I would greet them, schedule appointments, file paper work and make phone calls. I learned how to be more social and how to work in a fast pace environment with a lot of challenge but was able to over come it. We had a lot of different types of religion and culture in our environment. The hardest part would be when a situation would not meet the needs of some.
Flexible but expect to work hard for your low wages
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  South bay, caFebruary 2, 2017
The work schedule is very flexible but the pay isn't great. However the medical, dental benefits are good, just don't expect anything else. The higher HR only look out for themselves and its a fight for basic supplies. Unfortunately there's a high turn over with a low morale staff.The co workers are excellent but the patients can be a little difficult to deal with.
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Low pay, understaffed, lack of supplies, Higher HR doesn't care
Medical assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 1, 2017
Management sucks and they like to thow people under the bus at all times very unprofessional doctors and staff having us do all there work etc with diagnosis paitients we aren't doctors so do your part and be professional!!!! And have lazy co workers and managers who don't make them do any type of work so please avoid working here my advise
Pros
Cons
Low on staff have to stay overtime with no pay
Not a place for me
Manager (Former Employee) –  North Hills, CANovember 4, 2016
This place is Ultra-Micro-Managed, from the very top. Not a place you will want to stay at long term. In fact, you will second guess your decision on the first day. Extremely high turn over of employees. It's run by some guy who acts like a dictator. For me personally, I would not advise anybody to work here or any other place that is run like this. There are way better work environments out there. Even the highest level Managers have to clock in and out. Even their breaks!
Pros
Its not jail
Cons
Feels like it's jail
Dissastified
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAOctober 24, 2016
We were often short staffed had to constantly cancel patient appointments because the nurse practitioner would not show. You got paid very little for the amount of work they wanted you to do.
its alright
Medical Assistant/Receptionist/laboratory (Current Employee) –  North Hills, CAOctober 5, 2016
working here has been a pleasure but i have no further review in be half of this company co workers are friendly and easy ti get along with pt rate to the max
Easy
Medical Assistant F/B Office, Vaccine Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North Hills, CAAugust 24, 2016
Employees are easy going, management real nice
Flexible hours if needed time off. Good place to start off. ........................................................
Company offers productive and community support.
Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAAugust 23, 2016
Working for Mission City Community Network Inc. Has been an excellent experience in my career, working with the community and community partners in our Victorville office was a great accomplishment specially in Behavioral health.
Dynamic Workplace.
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  North Hills, CAJune 15, 2016
MCCN is great place to work. You are always on your feet with an intuitive mindset. My responsibilities are sorting correspondence all the way to releasing records. I especially enjoy being able to chart all the items in there correspondent place in the chart. There is always ways to improve and always tasks to do.
Not a good working environment
Front office (Former Employee) –  NorthhillsMarch 6, 2016
Not a place for experienced m.a. The salary sucks. Management rude. Overall not a place to work at. I would not recommend it to anyone
Productive, Busy at all times
Registered Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CA & North Hills, CaDecember 12, 2015
Wonderful place to work at with opportunities for advancement and great hands on experience. I am currently a Registered Dental Assistant working for 2 locations in the San Fernando Valley. My experience at MCCN has been great so far. I have literally learned something new everyday I have been there. I am very happy and extremely blessed to be able to have this wonderful opportunity. I look forward to many years along side MCCN.
Pros
Great hours, Co-workers, Management, HR everyone.
medical assistant
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  mission hillsJune 17, 2014
greet patients, insurance verification, medical records, medication call ins, prior authorization, injections, etc.
fast paced job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJanuary 24, 2014
It was a great place to start, I'm forever grateful for the opportunity, the best part was I had the chance to do what I love and my coworkers were great. It was a lot of work for just a few employees but that made me great at multitasking.
Pros
gained a lot of experience
Cons
management
Medical Assistant Front Office (Former Employee) –  North Hills, CASeptember 19, 2013
Lots of people coming in. With appointments and without appointments.