Mission Community Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Discriminations, no team work, conniving, gossips, bullying
Assisting patients, bedsidecare,comfort, safety, (Current Employee) –  Panorama City, CAJune 7, 2016
There are lots of discrimination going on. There are gangsters between Philipinas and Mexicans. Minorities suffer a lot. Only minorities got fired. In hiring; minorities 1%, others 9%.
I learned to shout up and focus on my assignment while the gangsters are roving around, conniving, whom to be fired. They have so much time on their hands. They overload minorities so that they will have enough time for criticism and gossips. They like to disrespect monorities, if you there complain, you will be fired.
No promotions for minorities. A new hired housekeeping can be transfered to medical records in no times, Godfather.
Management has numerous cliques
Past employee (Current Employee) –  Panorama City, CADecember 19, 2015
Most coworkers nice but some will stab you in the back just to hurt you. Management is unapproachable and very critical but others can do no wrong, even if they are. Supervisors never give praise for a job well done.
Pros
Most of the staff
Cons
Management style
Very nice people to work with. The owners are extremely cheap.
LVN (Current Employee) –  Panorama City, CANovember 29, 2015
The owners of this hospital show little to no appreciation to the people who work so hard to keep the facility working. They are cheap and greedy.
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
The owners are running the business into the ground
Ineffective Management
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CADecember 6, 2015
Management is geared by people who are not familiar with the proper support of hospital staff and management. Staff are not supported or valued.
Always room for improvement
Clinical Supervisor Intensive Care Unit. Direct (Current Employee) –  PANARAMA CITYJanuary 28, 2015
this hospital has the potential to be awesome. Not having a functional educational department makes it difficult for staff to stay abreast of new techniques, however, staff gives the patient excellent care. There are some very good surgeons specializing in women's surgery, orthopedic surgery and urology.

My choice to step down as Nursing Director, and to return to ICU, is for me to have more time with family.
FIrst RTS experience
Respiratory Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAJuly 10, 2015
There is a lot to see at mission. They give you a true hands on experience. I never learned more in any of my rotations than I did at Mission. Staff is great.
Great work environment,always a task to be done,on your feet all day.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAJanuary 24, 2015
I enjoyed working in this hospital,it challenged my knowledge on the tasks within the pharmacy. Such as medical terminology, I.V compounding,dosing, and mathematics. I would spend most of the day on my feet delivering and recovering medications,stocking medications, and checking medications for expiration.I Learned some techniques for i.v compounding, learned of the fast and slow movers.The hardest part of the job would have to be i.v compounding if given many orders.The Co-workers were friendly and very helpful if asked a question.
Free scrubs!
Initial Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJune 22, 2015
what I enjoyed most was my co workers. The bond that we all had created there was unique. We all helped one another... upper management was great too!
The job was rewarding because of helping others. Management, not so good.
AUTHORIZATION/SURGICAL COORDINATOR-SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  BEVERLY HILLS, CAApril 1, 2014
Working at Mission Community Hospital was rewarding due to the ability to help patients that have been injured at work or in a personal injury. Unfortunately, management at the time wasn't the most professional, which made it hard to work to my best ability. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping patients, building a personal relationship of trust with patients and my co-workers. My co-workers and I were like a family.
Pros
i work through my lunch, report to work early every day
Cons
perfectionist, i tend to forget to take breaks
Busy and productive
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Panorama City, CADecember 3, 2014
A typical day includes, but not limited to, a very busy switchboard phone which has 6 lines, on which I received all incoming/outgoing calls to the hospital. I attend to vendors, visitors and representatives while assisting patients in the registration process for outpatient procedures.
Great Place to work, Great co-workers
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CANovember 25, 2013
My day would start @ 8-5pm There were 6 in our department I handle all the desktop support issues, the deployment of new PC's, Purchase of new pc's and laptops I also created new accounts for new employees. Mission was a small Hospital my other It co-worker handle the server issues, and new health care programs. Our Manager (Director) was a great Guy he would allow us to take as many course as we liked and would encourage us to do so. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the ongoing changes we were building as we grew. The most enjoyable was we were close as co-workers. We were all laid off because of New owners.
Pros
lots of new experences
Cons
working with many sick people.
developing hospital
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Panorama City, CAJune 2, 2013
This hospital is a developing facility which has ultimate potential. The OR department is ran within its means. The staff within the OR are exceptional, they are perform to the best of their abilities and genuinely do carry their family values with them.They have excellent training and enjoy working. The management is overshadowed by their blatant favoritism towards specific employees.
Pros
co-workings, family oriented environment, benefits
Cons
management, salary, lack of equipment
busy horrible place to work
Food Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CASeptember 4, 2012
Very busy, work is for 2 people they only have 1 person to wash the whole hospitals dishes ,pots,ext. terrible training staff they train incorrectly, the management are some of the laziest, unhelpful and disrespectful people i ever worked for, some co workers were helpful others as lazy as the management, the hardest part of the job was not walking out and just quitting, the best part of the job was punching out and going home.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch, dinner.
Cons
1 30 minute lunch break, not enough help
Provided education, medication monitoring, Group therapy for out pt
Panorama City, Resistered Nurse Out Patient (Former Employee) –  Panorama City CAOctober 10, 2012
I provided serves as shown above for clients with mental health and addiction issues, did admission/discharges, care plans, transcibed MD orders, called pharmacy, coordintated care btween out pantient services and the Board and care. I love working with those less fortunate and feel that I made a difference in their lives. The hardest part of any job is not having enough time
loved the overtime, great co-workers, benefits were good
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAAugust 11, 2012
it is not really hard getting up before work and showing up when you love what you do. the fact that i was working with co-workers that for the most part felt the same was great. the paid time off program that we had was a really good one. another plus was the fact that we made our own schedule a month in advance, really a good deal.
Pros
plenty of overtime, able to make own schedule one month in advance, pto was great
Cons
n/a
Hospital Environment
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAOctober 15, 2013
I enjoyed helping others especially the patients being admitted to the Behavior Health Unit. Some of the nursing staff were in need of sensitivity training. The level of professionalism during the time I was there was extremely weak. The Supervisor was not very knowledge based. I believe most of the staff working in the dept. only had high school diploma which was hard when you hold a BS. The work environment was not very pleasant. The Doctors on call were rude and unprofessional. I would not recommend this hospital to anyone. It is a disservice to the community it represents.
Pros
sadly i cannot think of any.
Cons
staff is in need of sensitivity training, bhu employee should hold at minimum and associate degree, psychiatrist need to sensitive when speaking to staff as they are not god
was productive just for workers and was fun during break time.
general worker (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAMay 25, 2012
just be there and do all the duties. i did not learn anything else, management was poor, co-worker were nice, the hardes part of the job was when supervisors force co-workers to re do the job finish. the most enjoyable part was when i was finish my duties.
Cons
no job benefits, no permanente workers well just few, bad supervisors, etc
A good hospital!
Revenue Cycle Director (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAOctober 14, 2012
MCH is a great hospital......The only problem is that I was injured on the job and promised that when I recovered I would have my job back no matter how long I was out. Guess what, I have been replaced by a director that runs my office from behind a computer. It's very unfair not to have your job waiting as promised even when you were hurt trying to save your staf during a blackout.
I was over goal almost every month and brought in more cash than any other director. Am I upset, you bet I am! from what I hear the new owners are very business savy, not like the former management.
Sounds like a group I should be working for. As I said before, Mission is a great hospital and in a couple of weeks I will be ready to improve cash flow for someone who needs a good revenue cycle director.
Pros
a very patient friendly hospital
Cons
when a promise is made it should be kept
Productive and could be a fun place to work if it were not for the cultural politics
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CADecember 13, 2012
The nsg units are primarily run by a very intelligent gentleman and his protege. However it is much to be desired for fairness at Mission. Mission is a great acute care facility.
Pros
reimbursement of continuing education hours
Cons
polotics in the work places, favortisim
Highly diverse work place and enjoyable friendly co-workers
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Panorama City , CaliforniaJune 18, 2012
Mission Hospital is a compassionate work Healthcare environment , helping people need regardless of patients insured or not and no one left behind to be treated fairly.
Pros
first class facility

2.9