Mission Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Worst Employer EVER
Director of Admitting and Business Office (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CADecember 25, 2016
I regret working here even though it was 35 miles closer to home than my previous employer. Lesson learned research the employer and get references on THEM before making a change!!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Great work place. very organize and clean.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CADecember 6, 2016
love working here. people are very helpful. it is walking distance from my place. my bosses are very accommodating and helpful as well as my co workers.
Discriminations, no team work, conniving, gossips, bullying
Assisting patients, bedsidecare,comfort, safety, (Current Employee) –  Panorama City, CAJune 7, 2016
There are lots of discrimination going on. There are gangsters between Philipinas and Mexicans. Minorities suffer a lot. Only minorities got fired. In hiring; minorities 1%, others 9%.
I learned to shout up and focus on my assignment while the gangsters are roving around, conniving, whom to be fired. They have so much time on their hands. They overload minorities so that they will have enough time for criticism and gossips. They like to disrespect monorities, if you there complain, you will be fired.
No promotions for minorities. A new hired housekeeping can be transfered to medical records in no times, Godfather.
Good stepping stone
Case Management Assistant/Discharge Planning (Current Employee) –  San Fernando Valley, CAMarch 16, 2016
A typical day for me was very long, I regularly worked overtime.
I learned a lot about the hospital business and how the process of insurances and a lot of other hospital procedures generally. Management in the years i have been here have come and go but generally decent when i had one. My co workers were usually good spirited the ones i directly worked with, only a few were negative but that's anywhere you go. The hardest part about my job was dealing with visitors and or family members of patients but i never have had a serious issue with anyone I've always been able to diffuse situations.The most enjoyable part about my job was helping people on a daily basis including the visitors and patient family members and numerous departments in the hospital.
Management has numerous cliques
Past employee (Current Employee) –  Panorama City, CADecember 19, 2015
Most coworkers nice but some will stab you in the back just to hurt you. Management is unapproachable and very critical but others can do no wrong, even if they are. Supervisors never give praise for a job well done.
Pros
Most of the staff
Cons
Management style
Ineffective Management
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CADecember 6, 2015
Management is geared by people who are not familiar with the proper support of hospital staff and management. Staff are not supported or valued.
Very nice people to work with. The owners are extremely cheap.
LVN (Current Employee) –  Panorama City, CANovember 29, 2015
The owners of this hospital show little to no appreciation to the people who work so hard to keep the facility working. They are cheap and greedy.
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
The owners are running the business into the ground
FIrst RTS experience
Respiratory Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAJuly 10, 2015
There is a lot to see at mission. They give you a true hands on experience. I never learned more in any of my rotations than I did at Mission. Staff is great.
Free scrubs!
Initial Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJune 22, 2015
what I enjoyed most was my co workers. The bond that we all had created there was unique. We all helped one another... upper management was great too!
Always room for improvement
Clinical Supervisor Intensive Care Unit. Direct (Current Employee) –  PANARAMA CITYJanuary 28, 2015
this hospital has the potential to be awesome. Not having a functional educational department makes it difficult for staff to stay abreast of new techniques, however, staff gives the patient excellent care. There are some very good surgeons specializing in women's surgery, orthopedic surgery and urology.

My choice to step down as Nursing Director, and to return to ICU, is for me to have more time with family.
Great work environment,always a task to be done,on your feet all day.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAJanuary 24, 2015
I enjoyed working in this hospital,it challenged my knowledge on the tasks within the pharmacy. Such as medical terminology, I.V compounding,dosing, and mathematics. I would spend most of the day on my feet delivering and recovering medications,stocking medications, and checking medications for expiration.I Learned some techniques for i.v compounding, learned of the fast and slow movers.The hardest part of the job would have to be i.v compounding if given many orders.The Co-workers were friendly and very helpful if asked a question.
Busy and productive
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Panorama City, CADecember 3, 2014
A typical day includes, but not limited to, a very busy switchboard phone which has 6 lines, on which I received all incoming/outgoing calls to the hospital. I attend to vendors, visitors and representatives while assisting patients in the registration process for outpatient procedures.
It was a good experience working with mentally ill patients.
Program Therapist (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAAugust 21, 2014
I learned a lot about working with mentally ill clients. It was a very supportive environment.
good place to work
LVN- Behavioral Health (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJuly 29, 2014
excellent & very few lazy nurses but almost everyone was very helpful and working as a team.
Pros
good company
Cons
i had to move to texas
The job was rewarding because of helping others. Management, not so good.
AUTHORIZATION/SURGICAL COORDINATOR-SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  BEVERLY HILLS, CAApril 1, 2014
Working at Mission Community Hospital was rewarding due to the ability to help patients that have been injured at work or in a personal injury. Unfortunately, management at the time wasn't the most professional, which made it hard to work to my best ability. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping patients, building a personal relationship of trust with patients and my co-workers. My co-workers and I were like a family.
Pros
I work through my lunch, report to work early every day
Cons
Perfectionist, I tend to forget to take breaks
Not a very nice place to work
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CADecember 25, 2013
Overall staff were great but Exec team short sighted, poor planning no support for mid level management.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Extremely long hours no life balance
Great Place to work, Great co-workers
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CANovember 25, 2013
My day would start @ 8-5pm There were 6 in our department I handle all the desktop support issues, the deployment of new PC's, Purchase of new pc's and laptops I also created new accounts for new employees. Mission was a small Hospital my other It co-worker handle the server issues, and new health care programs. Our Manager (Director) was a great Guy he would allow us to take as many course as we liked and would encourage us to do so. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the ongoing changes we were building as we grew. The most enjoyable was we were close as co-workers. We were all laid off because of New owners.
Pros
Lots of new experences
Cons
working with many sick people.
Hospital Environment
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAOctober 15, 2013
I enjoyed helping others especially the patients being admitted to the Behavior Health Unit. Some of the nursing staff were in need of sensitivity training. The level of professionalism during the time I was there was extremely weak. The Supervisor was not very knowledge based. I believe most of the staff working in the dept. only had high school diploma which was hard when you hold a BS. The work environment was not very pleasant. The Doctors on call were rude and unprofessional. I would not recommend this hospital to anyone. It is a disservice to the community it represents.
Pros
Sadly I cannot think of any.
Cons
Staff is in need of sensitivity training, BHU employee should hold at minimum and Associate Degree, Psychiatrist need to sensitive when speaking to staff as they are not God
Great place to learn
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Panorama City, CASeptember 9, 2013
Like working at this hospital, but if it's slow we are flexed. Looking for a full time position where I can continue learning new techniques.
Pros
gaining new knowledge
Cons
interrupted breaks and lunches
developing hospital
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Panorama City, CAJune 2, 2013
This hospital is a developing facility which has ultimate potential. The OR department is ran within its means. The staff within the OR are exceptional, they are perform to the best of their abilities and genuinely do carry their family values with them.They have excellent training and enjoy working. The management is overshadowed by their blatant favoritism towards specific employees.
Pros
co-workings, family oriented environment, benefits
Cons
management, salary, lack of equipment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mission Community Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9