Mission Community Hospital

Mission Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Busy and productive
PBX Operator (Current Employee), Panorama City, CADecember 3, 2014
A typical day includes, but not limited to, a very busy switchboard phone which has 6 lines, on which I received all incoming/outgoing calls to the hospital. I attend to vendors, visitors and representatives while assisting patients in the registration process for outpatient procedures.
It was a good experience working with mentally ill patients.
Program Therapist (Former Employee), Panorama City, CAAugust 21, 2014
I learned a lot about working with mentally ill clients. It was a very supportive environment.
good place to work
LVN- Behavioral Health (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: i had to move to texas
excellent & very few lazy nurses but almost everyone was very helpful and working as a team.
The job was rewarding because of helping others. Management, not so good.
AUTHORIZATION/SURGICAL COORDINATOR-SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), BEVERLY HILLS, CAApril 1, 2014
Pros: i work through my lunch, report to work early every day
Cons: perfectionist, i tend to forget to take breaks
Working at Mission Community Hospital was rewarding due to the ability to help patients that have been injured at work or in a personal injury. Unfortunately, management at the time wasn't the most professional, which made it hard to work to my best ability. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping patients, building a personal relationship of trust with patients and my co-workers. My co-workers and I were like a family.
Not a very nice place to work
Nurse Manager (Former Employee), Panorama City, CADecember 25, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: extremely long hours no life balance
Overall staff were great but Exec team short sighted, poor planning no support for mid level management.
Great Place to work, Great co-workers
System Administrator (Former Employee), Panorama City, CANovember 25, 2013
Pros: lots of new experences
Cons: working with many sick people.
My day would start @ 8-5pm There were 6 in our department I handle all the desktop support issues, the deployment of new PC's, Purchase of new pc's and laptops I also created new accounts for new employees. Mission was a small Hospital my other It co-worker handle the server issues, and new health care programs. Our Manager (Director) was a great Guy he would allow us to take as many course as we liked and would encourage us to do so. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the ongoing changes we were building as we grew. The most enjoyable was we were close as co-workers. We were all laid off because of New owners.
Hospital Environment
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Panorama City, CAOctober 15, 2013
Pros: sadly i cannot think of any.
Cons: staff is in need of sensitivity training, bhu employee should hold at minimum and associate degree, psychiatrist need to sensitive when speaking to staff as they are not god
I enjoyed helping others especially the patients being admitted to the Behavior Health Unit. Some of the nursing staff were in need of sensitivity training. The level of professionalism during the time I was there was extremely weak. The Supervisor was not very knowledge based. I believe most of the staff working in the dept. only had high school diploma which was hard when you hold a BS. The work environment was not very pleasant. The Doctors on call were rude and unprofessional. I would not recommend this hospital to anyone. It is a disservice to the community it represents.
Great place to learn
Surgical Technician (Current Employee), Panorama City, CASeptember 9, 2013
Pros: gaining new knowledge
Cons: interrupted breaks and lunches
Like working at this hospital, but if it's slow we are flexed. Looking for a full time position where I can continue learning new techniques.
developing hospital
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Panorama City, CAJune 2, 2013
Pros: co-workings, family oriented environment, benefits
Cons: management, salary, lack of equipment
This hospital is a developing facility which has ultimate potential. The OR department is ran within its means. The staff within the OR are exceptional, they are perform to the best of their abilities and genuinely do carry their family values with them.They have excellent training and enjoy working. The management is overshadowed by their blatant favoritism towards specific employees.
Productive and could be a fun place to work if it were not for the cultural politics
Nurse (Former Employee), Panorama City, CADecember 13, 2012
Pros: reimbursement of continuing education hours
Cons: polotics in the work places, favortisim
The nsg units are primarily run by a very intelligent gentleman and his protege. However it is much to be desired for fairness at Mission. Mission is a great acute care facility.
A good hospital!
Revenue Cycle Director (Former Employee), Panorama City, CAOctober 14, 2012
Pros: a very patient friendly hospital
Cons: when a promise is made it should be kept
MCH is a great hospital......The only problem is that I was injured on the job and promised that when I recovered I would have my job back no matter how long I was out. Guess what, I have been replaced by a director that runs my office from behind a computer. It's very unfair not to have your job waiting as promised even when you were hurt trying to save your staf during a blackout.
I was over goal almost every month and brought in more cash than any other director. Am I upset, you bet I am! from what I hear the new owners are very business savy, not like the former management.
Sounds like a group I should be working for. As I said before, Mission is a great hospital and in a couple of weeks I will be ready to improve cash flow for someone who needs a good revenue cycle director.
Provided education, medication monitoring, Group therapy for out pt
Panorama City, Resistered Nurse Out Patient (Former Employee), Panorama City CAOctober 10, 2012
I provided serves as shown above for clients with mental health and addiction issues, did admission/discharges, care plans, transcibed MD orders, called pharmacy, coordintated care btween out pantient services and the Board and care. I love working with those less fortunate and feel that I made a difference in their lives. The hardest part of any job is not having enough time
busy horrible place to work
Food Services Worker (Former Employee), Panorama City, CASeptember 4, 2012
Pros: free breakfast, lunch, dinner.
Cons: 1 30 minute lunch break, not enough help
Very busy, work is for 2 people they only have 1 person to wash the whole hospitals dishes ,pots,ext. terrible training staff they train incorrectly, the management are some of the laziest, unhelpful and disrespectful people i ever worked for, some co workers were helpful others as lazy as the management, the hardest part of the job was not walking out and just quitting, the best part of the job was punching out and going home.
loved the overtime, great co-workers, benefits were good
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee), Panorama City, CAAugust 11, 2012
Pros: plenty of overtime, able to make own schedule one month in advance, pto was great
Cons: n/a
it is not really hard getting up before work and showing up when you love what you do. the fact that i was working with co-workers that for the most part felt the same was great. the paid time off program that we had was a really good one. another plus was the fact that we made our own schedule a month in advance, really a good deal.
Highly diverse work place and enjoyable friendly co-workers
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee), Panorama City , CaliforniaJune 18, 2012
Pros: first class facility
Mission Hospital is a compassionate work Healthcare environment , helping people need regardless of patients insured or not and no one left behind to be treated fairly.
was productive just for workers and was fun during break time.
general worker (Former Employee), Panorama City, CAMay 25, 2012
Cons: no job benefits, no permanente workers well just few, bad supervisors, etc
just be there and do all the duties. i did not learn anything else, management was poor, co-worker were nice, the hardes part of the job was when supervisors force co-workers to re do the job finish. the most enjoyable part was when i was finish my duties.