Mission Essential Personnel Employee Reviews

Not a bad place overall. Just some growing pains.
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Crystal City, VAAugust 19, 2016
Not a bad work environment for the most part. Pretty relaxed and easy going. Biggest issues include slow advancement, with little incentive to stay around. And it is sometimes difficult working with an older generation who are stuck in their ways and are trying to adjust with a large number of newer generation employees. There have been significant changes from the corporate offices that have been making the job better. We have been getting periodic raises among a few other things that have helped.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Slow advancement, pay for your own parking, management resistant to change
good place to work, learned a lot about other cultures
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Linthicum Heights, MD 21090January 15, 2017
Contract work so no advancement with compensation, but interesting job and people. Learned a lot about other cultures. Department being moved out of state.
Do not recommend
Active Geo-Location Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAJanuary 2, 2017
MEP is a poorly ran company that offers very few benefits (PTO and such) and offers no job security. This is not a company that many people stay with for any length of time due to the above mentioned.
Pros
Cons
Lack of security
must accept the fact that you are at risk in a war zone
Translator (Current Employee) –  Afghanistan and short period in GA.November 15, 2016
the money good and if you are a risk taker then you are a fit for the job. They do treat you ok and but for most part you are just a number. MEP doesn't have paid vacation or travel expn. and some of their management staff are not equipped with proper HR skills, in some cases they make think to quit your job the next minute.
Great company to work for.
Linguist/Cultural Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 16, 2016
Great work environment, good learning environment, challenging work. Management was always very courageous and positive. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting great serviceman and servicewomen.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Work schedule
Overall it's not that bad, it could have been better.
Cultural Advisor, CAT II Linguist Consultant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 11, 2016
It was a great opportunity to work overseas, being able to work for two countries and become a bridge between the two cultures, also what I learned was that a lot of things in the U.S we take for granted we need to be more grateful for what we have.
Pros
Travel
Cons
waisint too much time at the airports
Persian, Dari, Farsi Language Cyber Analyst (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDDecember 22, 2016
Normal 5 days a week of Monday - Friday work. Great working environment, learned a lot by going to training. I liked my co-workers, very interesting and diverse individuals.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
lack of accountiability
Interesting and well paid job
Linguist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 27, 2015
At this job I had the opportunity to work side by side with American Special forces and Afghan local nationals. Felt very productive and useful both to my chosen country (USA) and my birth country (Afghanistan). The salary was great! The management was very helpful and caring. The hardest part of the job was being away from home and living in difficult conditions at some of the most remote places in Afghanistan. And ofcourse the danger of being in the war zone goes without saying.
Pros
Great salary, unique experiences
Cons
time away from family, danger
I would not work with this comany in the future.
Senior Linguist/Cultural Advisor (Former Employee) –  Camp Eager in kabul, and BAFNovember 16, 2011
The management had very poor relation and communication with their employees. They think they are very high class people compare to employees. When the employees were saying hello to them the managers would turn their faces away from us. The management does not believe in a mutual respect between the employees and the administrative personnels. I have heard from a lot of th MEP employees complaining about the management.
Pros
high salary
Cons
poor treatment of the employees
Good employer
Arabic, Maghrebi, French and Italian linguist (Current Employee) –  ItalyOctober 22, 2012
MEP started very small and in few years became a major player in the linguistics arena. The company is very skilled in finding recruits. Pay is very competitive. Management is great.
Pros
very organized
Cons
no advancement opportunities.
Retail
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2016
It was frustrating and tiring, less money, more work and no opportunity to use my educational/cultural knowledge.
Liked working there
Pashto Linguist (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GADecember 23, 2015
MEP offered excellent benefits while I worked with them. It was a casual work environment. They no longer have thay contract.
Generally a very good compan
Linguist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 24, 2012
I generally enjoyed working for the US Military through MEP - its management and compensation were very good.

However, they participated in racial discrimination against the Majority of the Afghan population (the Pashtoons)
Pros
all administrative activities were good
Cons
discrimination against the pashtoons
Mission Essential Personal
Cultural Advisor and Language Translator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 18, 2015
Its a good company that pays decent. However, besides my personal skills, there's no improvement. The job security is very low and you aren't appreciated for your services.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
No Respect
Linguists
Senior Russian Linguist (Current Employee) –  Air Force Research LaboratoryDecember 6, 2015
Love the work and the management. I am part of a team of linguists. I am one of five Russian linguists, there are also two Mandarin, three Arabic, one Farsi and one Somali linguist, We transcribe media as part of a language software development program.
Professional PM/SM's and a decent experience overall
Active Geolocation Operator (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 16, 2013
Have only been employed for a year but I think MEP has received some fairly hard knocks for having to adjust salaries and contract bids in response to defense budget cuts...same like everyone else. Compared to other companies however, the small perks that I've been hearing about from other company employees such as company retreats, free iPads, gym membership, and such are simply not there. The management team is very responsive and professional and treats everyone fairly.
Participating in meetings
Linguist for the 838 AEAG, Commander (Current Employee) –  Shindand Air Base, APO AE 09382May 4, 2013
All I can say is, I love doing what I do. I want to be more social and with people from different cultures. I mostly participate in high ranking both military and civilians meetings. The more I be involved, the more I enjoy it. and that makes my day perfect.
As you may also know about the risk of our jobs. it badly affects both my family and I from security point of view. my life is in danger and I am already getting pron to the insurgents attacks.

Very productive work environment with a very team oriented setting.
CAT III Arabic Linguist, Geo-location Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAOctober 17, 2012
A typical day at work is always a learning experience. Every single day I learn something new about the systems we work with. My co-workers are all at least equally proficient in the job as myself, and we all work very well together. The job gratification never stops in this career field. Every day you go home knowing you made a difference.
meet a lot of friends
Linguist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 23, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company. The company management is great and always trying to be kind and helpful to their employees.
Growing Company with great people to work with
Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 3, 2012
MEP is a fast growing company in the business of government contracting. There are some great leaders who don't all have titles that are a major part of MEP's overall success. There are constant changes because we are working with the U.S. Government.
Pros
the people, the easton location, free parking, gym membership and dress code
Cons
personal/paid time off, work/life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mission Essential Personnel. Our community is ready to answer.

69%