Mission Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Laid-Off
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 25, 2017
I would have liked to stay at MFCU, but my department closed and I was temporarily moved to another department with promises to find me a position...which never happened.
Great job
Contract BSA/AML Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 7, 2017
great company
good culture
good site
good facilities
good teams
good location
need more food options small café in building
Deceptive
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAJanuary 17, 2017
The company looks good from the outside. The management needs training. The compensation for the amount of work required is lackluster. The member experience, from the outside, appears to be a focus but internally they are a sales driven organization that likes to paint the picture of wholesome encounters.
Great team to work with
Teller (Former Employee) –  Mission Federal Credit Union (San Diego)December 15, 2016
Mission Federal was by far one of my favorite places to work. I loved coming everyday and give outstanding customer service to our members and building relationships. Apart from he members I worked with a great team. We all worked together to ensure our branch ran smoothly and our goals were met.
Pros
Great work atmosphere.
Cons
not enough hours.
Good work culture fun environment
Senior Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 19, 2016
Good working environment where managers really care about your professional growth. Pay could be better but room for advancement is really good
great place to work fro
Universal Services Rep (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 18, 2016
Good company to work for. Compensation is reasonable compared to similar companies. Great benefits offers things like thanksgiving voucher and company picnics and christmas parties
Family work enviroment
Telephone Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 9, 2016
The hardest part of the job was that sometimes I could not help all the customers on the this that they needed. The people that worked for mission federal made the work place feel like it was a family. Management was always checking to see if everything was good for you to start your work.
Great company with a lot of unity and vision!
Telephone Consultant I (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 2, 2016
I have been working with Mission Fed in the contact center since March and I have absolutely loved it here. This company has a great vision and is very member focused. Their sales and service program is very member based and is also rewarded with incentives. At the contact center, you gain a great deal of knowledge in all of our products and services and you almost feel like you know enough to be a branch manager when you work at the contact center! Your managers also very much acknowledge and reward hard work at every chance they get and are bending over backwards to help you when you ask for it! I recommend for anyone interested in the financial industry to come check it out!
Pros
great hours, great upper management, performance based environment, superior benefits, hard work is highly acknowledged, lots of opportunities for internal staff
Cons
they don't encourage communicating internally, unless you first check with your department manager, this can be a drag, because sometimes you know the department or person who has the answer to your members question, but contacting outside departments for help is not looked highly upon.
A great place to work
Telephone Consultant II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 14, 2016
I am always greeted with good mornings and big smiles from everyone. The day starts with members calling in with banking issues like, transferring money, making payments on credit cards or auto loans. also we do referrals for auto loans, credit cards, investment like cd's, money market accounts and open up new accounts. Its a lot of work in a fast pace environment, but enjoyable.
Best Credit Union in San Diego
ATM Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 19, 2016
Great company with a solid vision towards the future...and good leadership in place to meet their goals. Service oriented and focused on the best financial opportunities of their members.
Amazing Organization
Universal Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJanuary 10, 2016
The people who work there are amazing. Organization is very well organized and if you aren't against moving branches several oppurtunities for advancement.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
must move branches for most promotions
great company
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Encinitas, CAJanuary 3, 2016
Management for my branch was great. You know what is expected of you, and sales aspect with goals was reasonable to make. I approve of the CEO very aware of employees and has active share in the branches.
Pros
bonus
Fast Paced Detail Oriented Job
Teller (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 6, 2015
A typical day involves heavy customer service, sales, cross promotion. The main focus is daily financial transactions i.e. deposits, withdraw, wire funds, make payments, loan referrals.

It is rewarding helping members with their financial future, however because of the nature of the business emotions and tensions can be high and often stressful.
Pros
Co-workers are enjoyable, good company culture
Cons
low wages, long hours, work 6 days a week
Encourages a work life balance culture
Trainer III (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 18, 2015
Mission Fed provided an environment that made me enjoy coming to work everyday. The quality of people they hire are quinine and truly like what they do and that's clear in the success of the company. Mission Fed is respected in the San Diego community and I was proud to be a part of that for twenty-two years.
Great Company with excellent benefits
Senior Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San DiegoSeptember 30, 2015
A typical day a Mission Federal consist of meeting sells goals, providing members with excellent customer service, and making sure the branch is balanced.
We have great co workers with great management.
The hardest part of the job is meeting the required high standard monthly sells goals. The most enjoyable part is connecting with great customers and meeting the needs of the customers.
Pros
Good work envirornment
Cons
Sells goals are set way to high
Banking
Senior Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 22, 2015
Banking experience, good management. Lots of member traffic. Advancement opportunity is few and far between. Lots of avenues for knowledge
Fast Pace and Member-Friendly
Universal Services Representative II (Current Employee) –  Poway, CASeptember 2, 2015
Usual work day includes assisting members with credit union transactions and also offering financial assistance with loans and new accounts. I also establish rapport with the community by networking with local businesses.

The management style is phenomenal, the present daily reports on the branches performance and motivates the staff to not only meet sales goals, but to exceed them. They also do not sugar coat topics with the staff.

Overall, day to day as a universal services representative is fun and the challenge to utilize my sales skills and personality to grow within the company is amazing.
I loved working for them, but then the economy tanked.
Universal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  encinitas, caAugust 29, 2015
My branch was awesome, rarely had troubles. But then the economy tanked and they became really aggressive with selling products. You had to meet your goal and if you were off by a few numbers you ended up in the office.

I took this job because it was great, but after 2008 it was just downright stressful.

I was really sad. They train you properly too.
Pros
great bonuses, fun enviroment, great coworkers.
Cons
aggressive selling and high percentages expectations.
Productive and fun place to work
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 17, 2015
* Experienced with Symitar Software
* Audit of direct and indirect auto loans
* Audit of home appraisals
* Audit of credit card applications
* Assists in maintaining the Quality Assurance (QA) Program Appraisal management, real estate audit management and consumer loan review. Reviews appraisals, real estate files and consumer direct and indirect loan files according to policies and procedures, NCUA regulations, Fannie Mae guidelines, Consumer Protection Regulations and any other relevant rules and regulations.
Pros
none at this time
Cons
none at this time
Family Company
Sr. Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 21, 2015
Mission Federal is one of the best companies I've worked for! The process and work flow is understandable from day one and mortgage system quick to navigate. Management is for the employees and not the micro management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mission Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3