Mission Foods

Mission Foods United States Employee Reviews

Hard place to work at
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee), Hayward, CAApril 3, 2015
This is a hard place to work at. The company politics are incredible. Most people there will stab you in the back and throw you under the bus.
Fun Fair And Motivational
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: advancement
Cons: pay
A place to grow and self motivate to exceed and accomplish goals. Semi fast paced with something to do all the time. Co workers were friendly and helpful with a joyful atmosphere.
Jobs opportunity, Security, Quality Product, team work
Receptionist (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 21, 2015
People like to visit the company because there is jobs opportunity.

Staff are friendly and respectful.

Great enviorment to work...is all about team work to mantain everything in order, clean, and secure.
productive, acquire great custemer service skills
Route salesman (Current Employee), Concord, CAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: comission
Cons: no healthcare
deliver product to store, I learned how to rotate product, use hand held computer, load and unload truck, work independently. management is very helpful, contact with co-workers is little to none,
Great company with a good product.
Packer/Sorter (Former Employee), Mountain Top, PAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great place to start a career if just getting into the workforce.
Cons: older machines that have not been pm well in the past. caused lots of waste and rework.
Great training program for new employees. Human resource lady Claudette very professional and assisted me with anything I had questions or problems with.
Every day activities
Order Selector (Current Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: good crew, great managers
Cons: days off, scheduling
Going through orders in the morning followed by unloading and putting away daily tortillas needed to fill the days orders. I've learned more about teamwork, use of machinery such as forklift, electric pallet jack.
Daily tasks go smoothly everyday thanks to management keeping up on emails and communication about every task.
Co-workers work together, helping restock and doing any task to help get through the struggles of the day.
Hardest part of the job is handling inbound and outbound trucks.
Most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with and racing against the clock every day getting orders done for trucks to go out on time and personal best of cases pulled per hour.
My Initiation in Logistics Area
Receiving / Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Tempe, AZFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: awesome company
This has been my best job in logistics area; the best manager ever and now he's one of my best friends.
Enjoyed all my worked time at this company, excellent co-workers and great management.
My review.
Operator (Former Employee), Mountain Top, PAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: great place to work.
Cons: needs to be better organized!
Good place to work, they pay very well and you have a chance to succeed if you take your job seriously. Great co-workers and a great place to start being financially stable.
Mission Food is a good stable company.
Independent contractor (Former Employee), Everett, WAJanuary 29, 2015
independent contractors ,long hours, commission based pay.
basically running a small business out of the back of a truck.
Non flexible hours,demanding customers,no benefits. expect 2-8% growth per year. Overall a good stable company.
Business plan was unsustainable
Microbiologist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Was at first excited at the opportunity to be a part of a grass roots effort to establish a food testing laboratory in San Diego. Unfortunately, the laboratory closed its doors after 8 months in operation. This was an independent contractor position with no benefits or job security.
Another great place to work
Mission Route Owner (Former Employee), Scottsdale AzJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: recieved a very nice salary
Cons: working 24hrs a day
I owned a Mission foods route for about two years. Mission foods district Managers were very helpful in store presentations and displays. The only thing that was a challenge for me was not being able to see my kids grow up.
fun
Administrative Assistant/Maintenance (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 19, 2015
Operate a 17-line switchboard
Dispatch all Mechanics to different jobs
Assist Plant Engineer
Assist Plant Manager
Responsible for minuets in all meetings
Point of contact for all cell phone issues
Distribute incoming correspondence
Travel arrangement for management
Responsible for providing meals for special events
Assist all departments with data entry, notes, faxes, copies
Reliable and productivw
Line Lead (Former Employee), new brighton, mnJanuary 11, 2015
Get to work, and do my best. Help others if needed. I like to work as a team because everyone is able to try and do the job. I think the hardest part of a job is hiring new people because they have to go through training.
Mission Foods.....
Waste/ Regrinder (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 9, 2015
Mission Foods was just a job and that is all it will ever be. It is a very bad work environment. The employees there are very nice but some of the management are very rude and can be very diverse on who the promote to job positions. It is very hard to move up in the company. I started out in palatalizing and in almost 2 years I got 1 or 2 pay raises and one job promotion. The only reason I got a job promotion was because of my supervisor who doesn't work there anymore put a good word in for me. The hours were nice when you actually worked your hours but most of the time you had to come in early or stay late an extra 4 hours.
Fast pace environment
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 16, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: too many hours
Learned a lot while working with this company. Company provides a tremendous amount of training.
Awesome company
Regional HR Manager (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCNovember 20, 2014
Pros: great company and sound labor climate
Cons: pay is not as competetive as it could be
Great compay to work for as the people are great! The company truly recgonizes the loyatly, hard work and deciation on the employees. Gruma Corporation/Mission Foods recognizes people as its number on asset.
Busy
Production Clerk (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLOctober 28, 2014
Cons: no work life balance.
Verify paperwork and manage credit card spending. Also run errand for management. No room for advancement.
We have an amazing team in sacramento
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER (Current Employee), sacramento caOctober 23, 2014
Company started out with a philosophy of " We work hard but we play hard" That seems to have changed and I know allot of managers that came to Mission Foods becasue of that attitude. The culture has changed......we have a great team in Sacramento, its very hard to have a schedule, you always seem to be putting out fires...even when they dont exist. Meeting with the stores and the managers and successfully selling in a special program
Warehouse suprvisor
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Tempe, AZOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits and wages.
Cons: long hours worked.
Managed team of warehouse workers in the assembly of customer orders. Conducted safety meetings and on the job mahine training. Managed employee hrs on kronos systems.
Fast Pace Production
production associate (Former Employee), Mountain Top, PAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: lack of manpower
poor manufacturing practices, machines malfunctioning.

1 2 3 4

About Mission Foods

Gruma Corporation has it all wrapped up. With operations in the US and Europe, the company manufactures and distributes more than – Read more

Mission Foods Salaries