Mission Health

Mission Health United States Employee Reviews

beware
lab billing (Former Employee), mission healthJuly 10, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor training
Benefits are good. Drama between departments and communication issues. It is very political which creates low morale.High turnover due to the issues above.
Very Political run by good ole boy network
Middle management (Former Employee), AdministrationJune 30, 2014
Pros: no pros are worth the cons
Cons: political, unstable, no teamwork
Most political place I have ever worked. Never trust any of the people you think "May" be your friends here because everyone is job scared and they will all throw you under the bus! Not to mention that the "leadership" is very crooked and dishonest.
Not a good place to work
worker bee (Former Employee), ashevilleMay 28, 2014
Pros: you get a day or 2 off
Cons: management is in it for themselves
Ruled by fear and intimidation. More vp's than people who do work.
It's a large corporation
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Asheville, NCFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: health insurance is cheap, benefits are extensive
Cons: no sense of teamwork like in a smaller group
If you like working for large organizations with many policies and procedures (some of which are onerous and annoying) -- explain it to me!

One day I received a taped recording from someone on my phone. It turned out it was from the CEO, announcing what a great strides we'd made... He didn't introduce himself, just launched into a speech. It was bizarre.

Flu vaccine is indeed mandatory, they give very few exceptions, even if other doctors have given you a waiver in the past for documented concerns. Be aware and have your records BEFORE you start to get that waiver.
Fast work environment
Janitor (Current Employee), Asheville, NCAugust 23, 2013
Pros: good pay and hours
Cons: no breaks and unhappy management
I took this job cause I needed the money even though I hard that some people before quit and walked out the boss but the hardest part of it is they wan't you to have everything done as quickly as possible with a totally of five people working in a six floor hospital but the coworkers are decent but the management is another story
Poor Management
Staff Therapist (Former Employee), Asheville NCJuly 5, 2013
Pros: asheville is a great place to live
Cons: management states it is the mission way or no way
Nursing runs the house. No other profession is welcome. They forced out a great director 2 years ago in Respiratory, who was turning things around. Some Therapist will stick you in the back. Don't think about working here.
Excellent work experience
phlebotomist 1 (Former Employee), Asheville,NCMarch 13, 2013
Pros: able to payroll deduct various things.
Cons: can't really think of anything
A typical day at work would consist of beginning a.m. rounds at 3:45 a.m. and working at a fast pace to complete routine lab orders along with stat and now and timed tests being added through out the day.
I learned how to prioritize and work at a fast and accurate rate of speed. Management was slightly unprofessional. The coworkers were generally friendly. The hardest part of the job was the early hours.The most enjoyable part of the job was patient interaction and doing what I love Phlebotomy!

About Mission Health

Why Choose Mission Hospital? Mission Health, based in Asheville, NC, is the state’s sixth largest health system and the – Read more