Mission Health

Mission Health Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Very Poor
CRNA (Former Employee) –  Asheville,NCDecember 23, 2015
My first job as CRNA. Don't waste your time. Only thing I learned here was that CRNAs are weak and let MDAs use them to put their kids through school, get bonuses and work you like a dog. Plus, they won't stand up against "prima Dona" cardio thoracic idiots who think they are gods!---even have wing shaped like a heart!! Don' waste time here or at New Bern , NC or New Brunswick , Ga.
Pros
Get to see how ineffective greedy MDAs are and how surgeons run the hospital!
Cons
TOO Many to list
RUN LIKE THE WIND..they will give a great first impression. Dont let that fool u..their true colors will be shown very soon.
imaging technologist (Former Employee) –  NCDecember 13, 2015
If i could give this "organization" a ZERO rating I would. Since mission took over the hospital in our town,it went, very very quickly, from the best job i had ever had to the WORSTmost unbearable job imaginable.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list, the cause of all of them though is upper admin and all the minion admin
stressful, poor management
patient registration (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCDecember 9, 2015
Let go from this job. Could have been successful but was judged a failure before I even started-not even given a chance. Good luck to anyone who starts working there because you are going to need it.
Pros
don't know
Cons
management!
beware
lab billing (Former Employee) –  mission healthJuly 10, 2014
Benefits are good. Drama between departments and communication issues. It is very political which creates low morale.High turnover due to the issues above.
benefits
Cons
poor training
Very Political run by good ole boy network
Middle management (Former Employee) –  AdministrationJune 30, 2014
Most political place I have ever worked. Never trust any of the people you think "May" be your friends here because everyone is job scared and they will all throw you under the bus! Not to mention that the "leadership" is very crooked and dishonest.
Pros
no pros are worth the cons
Cons
political, unstable, no teamwork
Not a good place to work
worker bee (Former Employee) –  ashevilleMay 28, 2014
Ruled by fear and intimidation. More vp's than people who do work.
Pros
you get a day or 2 off
Cons
management is in it for themselves
It's a large corporation
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 11, 2014
If you like working for large organizations with many policies and procedures (some of which are onerous and annoying) -- explain it to me!

One day I received a taped recording from someone on my phone. It turned out it was from the CEO, announcing what a great strides we'd made... He didn't introduce himself, just launched into a speech. It was bizarre.

Flu vaccine is indeed mandatory, they give very few exceptions, even if other doctors have given you a waiver in the past for documented concerns. Be aware and have your records BEFORE you start to get that waiver.
Pros
health insurance is cheap, benefits are extensive
Cons
no sense of teamwork like in a smaller group
Fast work environment
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 23, 2013
I took this job cause I needed the money even though I hard that some people before quit and walked out the boss but the hardest part of it is they wan't you to have everything done as quickly as possible with a totally of five people working in a six floor hospital but the coworkers are decent but the management is another story
Pros
good pay and hours
Cons
no breaks and unhappy management
If you have respect, don't work here!!!
Respiratory therapist (Former Employee) –  Mission Health AshevlleApril 24, 2013
If you are from the North, don't come here, The old Boys rule the land. Pay is at poverty level. No voice in progression. Too much work. AWFUL!! Asheville is beauttiful, but beware of this conglomerate!!
Excellent work experience
phlebotomist 1 (Former Employee) –  Asheville,NCMarch 13, 2013
A typical day at work would consist of beginning a.m. rounds at 3:45 a.m. and working at a fast pace to complete routine lab orders along with stat and now and timed tests being added through out the day.
I learned how to prioritize and work at a fast and accurate rate of speed. Management was slightly unprofessional. The coworkers were generally friendly. The hardest part of the job was the early hours.The most enjoyable part of the job was patient interaction and doing what I love Phlebotomy!
Pros
able to payroll deduct various things.
Cons
can't really think of anything

Want to know more about Mission Health?

Ask a question