Mission Health Employee Reviews

non profit facility
LPN (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 15, 2018
I love working here but trying to get a regular schedule is impossible. Every time I check my schedule I see that the manager has changed it without my permission and without notification that she changed it, so I'm afraid that one of these days I will not show up for work because I am not aware that she changed my schedule.
Pros
pay is great.
Cons
scheduling is poorly managed. many no shows because of it.
good
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 12, 2018
I got this job to improve and expand my CNA skills. I am now able to do much more than a normal CNA. The hardest part about this job for me would be the loss of lives.
Great place
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Wellington, KSDecember 20, 2017
I have enjoyed working for Mission. I enjoy working with the elderly and their families. Staff is friendly and attentive to residents needs. I have enjoyed meeting everyone.
Coworkers wonderful.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Marion NCDecember 5, 2017
McDowell Hospital is generally a nice place. My immediate manager was not fair or truthful. My coworkers continue to struggle under her lack of leadership.
Pros
Food discounts
Cons
Scheduled sometimes 13 hours at switchboard answering phones
Alot of changes, unorganized
Invasive Cardiology Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCDecember 4, 2017
Love the people I work with. However management is hardly tolerable.
I have worked at Mission almost 30 yrs. Have seen alot of changes.
Changes are not bad if everyone is on board and wants to have an environment of team players.
Feel our HR dept. is not for employees, but for the managers. I have not had to go to HR for anything, but have had plenty of co-workers that have with no resolution possible. That in itself is frustrating.
Thank you.
Pros
50 percent discount in cafeteria. PTO.
Cons
When applying for jobs within the system, it NEVER goes anywhere.
Best Part were the Benefits
Flunky (Former Employee) –  Cancer CenterNovember 30, 2017
The Management at the Cancer Center was very poor. Never included the staff who were actually performing the job in any of the discussions or decisions. Problems were identified but never acted upon, would come up over and over again in meetings. Always felt they were beating a dead horse, went round and round and round again. Extremely disorganized and unprofessional. Management was extremely caddy and spoke badly about employee's to other employee's. Cant be TRUSTED!
Pros
Great Benefits and Great Patients
Not What I Hoped it Would Be
Food Nutrition (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 21, 2017
Most unprofessional place I’ve ever worked. The work they demand is far too much, especially when they see no worth in you as their employee. Pay is not equal to that of your skill level or quantity/quality of work. Advancement opportunities are slim and not everyone is given equal opportunity to move up. No understanding/empathy of family and horrible schedules.
Pros
Discounted lunches, good benefits
Cons
No breaks, poor management, unequal employment opportunities
Terrible management Take PTO for hours they cut
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 18, 2017
Management is a joke. They take your PTO if they unable to get you your hours. Hours are always slim. Could careless about employees or their clients.
Benefits
Cons
Take your benefits for their gain, management and no hours
Poor management
Ed tech (Former Employee) –  AshevilleNovember 12, 2017
I use to work in the ED for years, i loved it and then less then a yr ago new management came in and made favorship the main priority. If you kissed there butts you were safe.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
You have to kiss butt to make it
Poor work life balance
Professional Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 21, 2017
This place was very set in its ways and was not the progressive employer that it stated that it was in the interview. There was little life balance as there was a constant pull from family life and I was ridiculed for choosing my family.
Caring people to work with
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 19, 2017
As a whole, Mission is a great place to work with very caring people. There are concerns about the future of Mission due to mitigation and the BCBS issues, but overall it is a great place to work
Small Department in a great work space.
Polysomnographic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 13, 2017
The best part of my work environment were my fellow employees. It was a small department and everyone was treated like family. Everyone worked together well and efficiently .
I wish I never came to work here.
Catering Associate (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 11, 2017
This is the hardest, most stressful job I have ever had. Employees are overworked underpaid and made to feel inferior. We are always short staffed and expected to just deal with it. Don't bother going to management with any concerns because that will give them an excuse to fire you. Stay away!!! And now the one good thing we had is being taken away. Health insurance premiums are now unaffordable for the underpaid staff.
Pros
Cons
No breaks no benifets no life
Gptwp
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 24, 2017
Mission Health System offers great benefits and pay- far above what is typical for the area. In my experience, people's perception of their work life is very different pending departments. I enjoyed my department, coworkers, and management. There is something for everyone at Mission, you just have to be open-minded, ready to work, and a team player. Their big tag line is GPTWP (great place to work & practice) and I would have to agree.
Needs a change in attitude towards employees
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 21, 2017
Poor management. Extremely low morale due to lack of leadership or concern for staff. Company politics make for an unsatisfying work environment. Unrealistic expectations of staff.
One star is too high
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 12, 2017
Epitome of Corporate greed. No care for employees. Terrible HR department. View patients as numbers and dollar signs, nothing else. Definitely a monopoly.
High turnover and burnout
SENIOR MANAGER, HUMAN RESOURCES (Former Employee) –  New Hope, MNSeptember 6, 2017
Corporate culture is one of management by terror, and the leadership team embraces this management philosophy by putting unreasonable demands on it's managers and employees
great place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 28, 2017
hours and schedule are good benifets are great working 3 12 hour days ar a plus pay could be a little more for the resposnibily they put on there empoyees
Great place to work, lots of team work
Phlebotomist I (Former Employee) –  Spruce Pine, NCAugust 7, 2017
Great place to work. Everyone was always willing to help out. Typical day was filled with hard work and laughter. The managers door was always open if I needed to talk or had a problem
Great Team of People
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 1, 2017
The People are the best part of Working at Mission. The work is hard and very busy. I would recommend Mission as an Employer but maybe not in a CNA role. It is very physically demanding and lunch breaks or any breaks in and 8.5 hour shift are all most non existent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mission Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9