Mission Healthcare prides itself on being an employer of choice, and was selected as one of the national best and brightest companies to work for in 2012 by the National Association of Business Resources! We offer excellent benefits, 401k, mileage reimbursement, competitive salaries, and much more. We are actively seeking a Behavioral Health Registered Nurse in North San Diego for our Home Health division:
Job Description Summary:
The Behavioral Health Nurse plans, organizes and directs home care services and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on behavioral health and psychiatric diagnoses as well as community health education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individual and families within their homes and communities.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
1. Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
2. Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs.
3. Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change. (Specific to behavioral health issues)
4. Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
5. Develops a care plan which establishes goals, based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
6. Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
7. Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
8. Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan.
9. Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
1. Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician when necessary and at least every sixty-two days.
2. Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports and changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physicians orders as required.
3. Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan.
1. Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy.
2. Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
3. Instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care provided every fourteen days.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. One to two years of recent acute care experience in mental health setting.
2. Current licensure in State, CPR certification and valid driver’s license.
3. Bachelors degree, with one year of home health care experience.
4. Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising home health aides.
5. Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
6. Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
Please visit our website at www.homewithmission.com to apply, and send a copy of your resume to recruiting@ missionhh.com.