Mission Hospital Employee Reviews

Very poor management issue
Clinical Outcomes Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJanuary 3, 2017
The Quality Department of Mission Hospital is currently in disarray and as such policies and procedures aren't being followed. There is no chain of command in this department people do what they want and go around the Director to the CMO for issues before going to the Director. The atmosphere is one where you need to continually look over your shoulder as communication is 'behind your back' and 'passive/aggressive'. Very 'click-ish'. And, HR supports this 'Un-just culture'.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
in complete disarray
competitive with aim to provide quality healthcare
Coordinator, Business Operations (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 21, 2016
Enjoyed working with Mission. Provides quality of care without harm, without waste and with experienced staff at all times.
Pros
benefits with insurance, 401K, and discount programs for services, i.e cellphone services, food products
Cons
promotions are rare
Very demanding work environment due to understaffing
Environmental Technician (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 14, 2016
There is always quite a turnover and more to do than possible which makes it difficult to leave at the end of the day with a feeling of accomplishment.
Pros
I have a supervisor that tries very hard to change this
Cons
The insurance benefits
Mission Hospital is Not very diverse
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 25, 2016
There is not enough diversity in Mission Hospital. Also, it is a boys club. A lot of male individuals are given new and made up titles to justify large raises under the guise of a "promotion". There is not much growth for POC.
Pros
Flexibility, Campus, Breaks, Healthcare, Communications
Cons
Bad Pay, Lack of Growth, Lack of Diversity, Write ups to justify not giving raises
Very professional atmosphere.
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJune 10, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the patients. It amazed me what an impact every team member had on the patients. I remember going into patients rooms to daily clean and saying, "Good morning, how are you today?", with a huge smile on my face. So many patients were so happy to see me and my smile, it touched me deeply. To see their faces light up just from a friendly hello, was very endearing.
Pros
Helping to cheer up patients. Professional atmosphere. Great benefits.
Cons
Being short handed, and having to clean to many rooms, and to many discharges put on one person each day could be overwhelming at times.
Good hospital, dedicated employees
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAAugust 17, 2016
Have worked at Mission Hospital for 10 years. Each employee is dedicated to the core values of Dignity, Service, Excellence and Justice. These core values are why I am employed here.
Pros
Variety of patient pipulation
Cons
Lower end of salary for area.
The mission way....
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 28, 2016
Working security here is horrible. the benefits aren't bad, job work balance is pretty good for working 12 hr shifts, but management is HORRIBLE and they are quick to throw you under the bus...
Work Life balance
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 20, 2017
Management is uneducated and micromanages. This makes it difficult to complete daily jobs. There is no work life balance.
Radiology Clerk (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 9, 2017
It is a good place to work. You get to meet and help people on the best and worst day of their lives. There is always something to learn. Management was amazing with helping work out any and all issues with co-workers. Parking was not that great as you have to shuttle to and from your car depending on what time/shift you work.
Pros
lunch deduction, great management
Cons
Weekends, and overnights durning bad weather, parking
Great place to work and enjoyable
Phlebotomist-CNA (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 24, 2017
Working with the hospital was a good learning experience. I learned to work with all types of people with all types of personalities. The management was understanding and flexible. I was within a good range of the hospital that made the job easier to get to and I really liked working there.
The atmosphere was uplifting and the different types of services for the patients and staff was incredible.
productive, team player multi tasking
CNA II. - phlebotomist - Med Tech (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCDecember 11, 2016
12 hours someday are intense someday are steady, co-workers are team players, helping other people is a satisfaction, management is easy to approach if needed, learning something new every day is a value, hardest part of my job is to see someone loose a love one but I am fortunate to be able to be a part to comfort.
Pros
Having a Jobs
Cons
long days
Mission is about the bottom line. Not the patient or employee.
Management (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 10, 2017
Again, Mission only uses employees who understand the "Cruella Deville" technique of management. The expectations were that you pretended to support upper management, but let subordinates think it was your ideal.
Pros
It's a job. Good insurance.
Cons
You definitely do not matter after being there 20 years
Provides good healthcare
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCDecember 26, 2016
Mission Hospital provides good overall care with their patients. They work hard to adhere to patient's needs in a timely and efficient manner. They are also improving the hospital one new hallway at a time.
Enjoyed working with families, children and medical staff to provide excellent care
Patient and Family Advocate (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCDecember 2, 2015
Since this was an inaugural position, I thoroughly enjoyed establishing the presence and need for a Patient Advocate. I made rounds on patients, worked with the hospital staff (social workers, chaplains, etc.) as well as physicians and nurses. Because there had not been a patient advocate in this particular department before, communication was a key element for the success of this position. Unfortunately, there were financial cutbacks and the job ended.
Pros
Good benefits, able to create and lay the foundation for the Patient Advocate position.
Cons
I was not introduced to the staff prior to my being employed, education was not provided to the physicians, nurses and staff as to what my role would be in the ED.
Good care at Mission Hospital
PATIENT CARE TECH II/ UNIT SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAApril 26, 2016
Very good benefits and nice co-workers. I enjoy working at mission hospital. I would recommend working for St. Joes health system.
Fast Pace
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 29, 2016
Mission Hospital has many opportunites with fast pace experiences. Has opportunity for advancement with hard work. Nice working conditions with modern equipment. Focused on innovation.
Pros
Competitive salaries
Cons
Expense Area to live
Very busy
HIM Specialist - Release of Information (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 19, 2016
The department that I worked in was a very fast pace environment. There were days I thought I would never get my work done and would skip lunch to make sure that I got everything done. I loved my co-workers, everyone was very helpful whenever I had a question about anything and would. I learned a lot about multi-tasking and being able to balance many different task, and an extremely big work load.
courteous and respectful.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXOctober 8, 2016
Always, always, made sure patients are treated with courtesy and respect. Good manners are part and parcel of confidence and competence. Don't hide the truth even if it creates problems for you. Treat patients the way you'd want to be treated. Saying the appropriate words can show respect. Establishing eye contact is also part of good manners. Go way out of your way to show respect to others! It's what being civilized is all about, isn't it?
Good Job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCDecember 8, 2016
This was a good place to work. The discounts and pay are great. There are good perks such as meal tab, gym, and other discounts around town.
Very friendly environment
Medical Records Clerk IIJob Requirements (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 8, 2016
A typical day at work at Mission Hospital was enjoyable. The staff there is so kind and always helpful. Management done a wonderful job of keeping up moral and making the job duties very straight forward.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mission Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.