Mission Hospital

Mission Hospital Employee Reviews

Very productive and fun work place
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Laguna Beach, CAJune 22, 2015
One of the best palces i have worked in my life, great staff, patients and athmisphear. everyone is just so friendly and works as a team.
awesome opportunities
Orthopedic Technician (Current Employee), Mission Viejo, CAJune 11, 2015
Pros: the staff are great
Cons: they need to be in more cities
awesome place to work, i have worked there in 3 different roles, Mission has always been supportive of my Skills. i really wish they had not lay off so many people. that hurt the overall moral. they also need to place more places for Staff to have Lunch in green areas.
Supportive work environment
CDI, Medical Coding Specialist, CCS Certified (Former Employee), Asheville, NCJune 10, 2015
Pros: gym, discounts, great co-workers and supervisors
Cons: production work
Work schedule was very flexible. Management was wonderful to work for, they truly cared about their employees. Co-workers were the best anyone could ask for. We supported each other on and off the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was management and my co-workers. Looking through the chart for information. The hardest part of the job was making production.
Decent place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Asheville NCJune 1, 2015
Bad compensation, Busy work place, good right out of college job but not if you are looking for a career. No room for advancement. Everything takes 10 years to get done.
Review Summary
Medical Technologist (Current Employee), Asheville, NCMay 26, 2015
Typical 8 1/2 hour days.
3 shifts
rotating weekends
variable Holidays
Cafeteria
Payroll deduct available for lunches, purchase, uniforms, shoes, very nice
Great place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), NCMay 3, 2015
No complaints. I have always been happy at Mission, great place to work. Love my co-workers and have always felt safe at Mission.
Mission Hospital has an excellent Leadership Team
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mission, TXMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Offers opportunities for advancement
Cons: Wish I was still employed at Mission Hospital
Mission Hospital was an excellent place to work at, they had all kinds of opportunity for employees to further their education. Nurses and Doctors are excellent and they care for their patients and staff. The are always helping the community and various organizations.
The doctor is a wonderful person to work with.
Human Management Information Clerk (Former Employee), Huntington Park, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: the doctor is great, and it's a small clinic
Cons: no room for advancement, no benefits
It's a very slow clinic. It's fast in the morning but then it completely dies out in the afternoon. I learned how to administer physical therapy, that's given to all patients with medicare patients.
Very productive place to work.
Registration Lead (Former Employee), Mission Viejo,CaMarch 4, 2015
Overall this was a great place to work & I would return in the near future again if given the opportunity. I learned so much by working at this company that has helped me advance within my healthcare career.
Small 100 bed facility
Administrative Assistant to Director of Nursing (Former Employee), Huntington Park, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Responsible for maintaining licenses and current information on nursing staff; administered medication test to nursing staff; communicated with registry and outside vendors; prepared agenda and transcribed minutes of monthly QA meeting; maintained itinerary for Director of Nursing; generated various types reports and documents as deemed necessary.
A great place to work
Pulmonary Rehab Coordinator (Former Employee), Mission Viejo, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Working at Mission Hospital was very positive. The turnover was very low because everyone was treated with respect. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients. My job was not hard because I enjoyed every aspect.
Worst hospital
Unknown (Former Employee), UnknownJanuary 30, 2015
I'm forced to place one star, or I would give this hospital a 0. Worst hospital I have ever experienced. Even if the staff would like to help you they are over worked, and under paid which makes for horrible attitudes and lack of patient care. I did some research on this hospital after my stay here, happy to know that while others receive pay cuts, and loss of incentives CEO's continue to make 400,000 or more a year, and build new locations. This hospital is taking over all of Asheville, and sadly I'm sure one review may not slow them down.However, If I can keep at least ONE person from going there and supporting this "non profit" hospital I will be content. For your health and your money do NOT go to mission hospital.
Great place to work and practice.
Exercise Specialist/Enrollment Coordinator (Current Employee), Asheville, NCJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, people
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities
A typical day at work includes motivating people, educating patients and families, and learning about the dynamics of different personalities. The management is strong and motivating, but it is my co-workers that make going to work everyday enjoyable. The workers at this job are in their positions because they love helping people. The hardest part of the job is accepting difficult personalities. The most enjoyable part of the job is realizing difficult personalities are often changed with a needed conversation.
SKILL SET
Team Lead (Former Employee), Mission, TXDecember 28, 2014
I was responsible for supporting Physicians, Nurses and hospital staff using EMR systems such as Meditech CLIENT SERVER 5.66 Platform, using various modules.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Asheville, NCDecember 18, 2014
This was an internship therefore I did not get paid and I only volunteered three hours a week for two semesters. Typically when I went I would run the snack cart around to all patient's rooms on the pediatric floor and offer the parents a snack. I would straighten up and clean the playrooms. It was great experience and I got a feel of what I would be doing as a Child Life Specialists.
Orthopedic unit is the best on the east coast
Staff nurse for the Orthopedic Unit (Current Employee), Asheville, NCDecember 2, 2014
Pros: new unit, great staff
Cons: some politics involved with upper management at this time
I would encourage anyone that is an orthopedic nurse to consider Mission Hospital if you want to work in Asheville. Great staff and managers for this unit. Nice city with great food, best beer and lots of entertainment
Busy environment with unfair compensation.
Clinical Technician (Current Employee), Asheville, NCSeptember 19, 2014
Most every technical position at mission is overworked and underpaid.
Terrible Management
SPECIMEN MANAGEMENT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Mission HospitalAugust 2, 2014
Pros: good pay, free lunches sometimes
Cons: high stress, poor managment, unhappy people
Most miserable I have ever been at any job. Don't want to throw anyone under the bus, but the department I worked in was a mess. Poor Management and low morale in general. Glad to be gone
Great way to help patients get covered and hospitals to get paid
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Mission, TXJuly 30, 2014
Pros: benefits great supervisors and owners, mon. - friday, sched. room for advancement
I loved my job every single day, loved the fact we got not only to help patients get covered but the hospital to get paid as well. I learned alot during my journey here would do it all over again, Due to unfortunate events with a past marriage I had to depart from y position.
Wonderful place to work
Administrative Secretary Emergency Department (Former Employee), Asheville, NCJuly 1, 2014
Pros: challenging job very interesting
Cons: pay
Enjoyed going to work everyday. Pay was not that good. Not much chance for advancement in my field.

1 2 3 4

About Mission Hospital

There are many reasons for you to establish your career at Mission Hospital.

Mission Hospital Salaries