Mission Hospital Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working with families, children and medical staff to provide excellent care
Patient and Family Advocate (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCDecember 2, 2015
Since this was an inaugural position, I thoroughly enjoyed establishing the presence and need for a Patient Advocate. I made rounds on patients, worked with the hospital staff (social workers, chaplains, etc.) as well as physicians and nurses. Because there had not been a patient advocate in this particular department before, communication was a key element for the success of this position. Unfortunately, there were financial cutbacks and the job ended.
Pros
Good benefits, able to create and lay the foundation for the Patient Advocate position.
Cons
I was not introduced to the staff prior to my being employed, education was not provided to the physicians, nurses and staff as to what my role would be in the ED.
Friendly & family like co-workers
Health Information Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCDecember 1, 2015
State-of-the-art healthcare facility. A great facility to work for, with the most friendly staff. As a patient of this facility, I received the best care.
A position I grew into and enjoyed, but lack of resources and cuts ended my postion
Performance Improvement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CANovember 16, 2015
I enjoyed working for Mission Hospital in the Quality Management Department. It was a position I started off as a temp and they kept me on and groomed me into. It was a challenging a rewarding position. I did enjoy the people I worked for and the work that was done. My low ratings are due to the last 1+ I was there. I saw an incredible amount of turnover and had few and fewer resources to try to tackle the amount of responsibilities we where responsible for. It did really cause issues for my work/life balance.

It was a job, if it wasn't for the people I would have left sooner.
Pros
Great people, Helping patients, Developed important skills, never boring
Cons
Downsizing, change in management, move away from the previous company culture.
very friendly and professional work environment
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CANovember 1, 2015
Many changes happened over the years with consolidation that resulted a couple rounds of layoffs so the corporate culture there may be different now but overall they have solid HR system and treat employees very well.
Pros
good HR system and treat employees well
Cons
consolidation resulted in a couple rounds of layoffs
Mission has a lot of learning possibilities.
Cardiovascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 14, 2015
Great place to work. Would recommend employment here for any motivated Technologist. Mission offers many types of Invasive Cardiology procedures to improve knowledge in.
Pros
Learning new Technologies.
Cons
Invasive Cardiology call is demanding of personal time.
Mission Is the BEST!
Chairman of Health (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAOctober 7, 2015
I cannot say enough good things about this Hospital and the people who work and volunteer there. I started out volunteering 1 day a week and now I am up to 3 and 4. Great to give back.
Pros
Nice people. Every day is different. Free Lunch
Cons
Volunteers come and go...lots of new faces
Always kept you on your toes
CNA / Unit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 30, 2015
This employer was a great place to work. If I didn't have my son premature and need me to be home with him for a short time I would still be employed by this company. I enjoyed that every day was new there was not one day the same and I loved working side by side the doctors and watching the patients get better and go home to there families. All the staff were great to work with I felt like we all developed a close family bond... When I worked here there were 8 of us women that were all pregnant at the same time all due within weeks of each other.
Pros
No day was the same
Cons
Sometimes you lost a patient
Good working environment
Environmental Service Technition (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 28, 2015
Overall , most members of staff at Mission were very polite , and curtious , the public was also curtious when asking questions which made for a better working day
Pros
Free prescibtions, free lunch
Cons
The hourly rate was not that good, so to get a good weeks wages i had to work 12 hour days
I am Per Diem
ER Tech/ Chemical Dependency (Current Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CASeptember 24, 2015
As per Diem employee should have some kind of benefits for per diem employees It is a great company to work for lots of team players working there at Mission
Fun and dedicated work enviroment.
Bio Med Tech Intern (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAAugust 31, 2015
Great environment to work at with a strong emphasis on training and personal development. As an intern I was well equip to go out into the biomedical field with confidence. The most enjoyable part of the day was knowing I was trusted to do repairs on that equipment after I was properly trained and that if I ever had questions I could go to anyone for advise or recommendations regarding repairs..

Want to know more about Mission Hospital?

Ask a question
Decent place to work.
CLS (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAAugust 9, 2015
Not a bad place to work if you don't mind not advancing in your career. Many people who work at Mission have been there for many years.
I enjoyed working with Patients
Patient Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 21, 2015
It was a very busy place and I enjoyed it , there was lots of overtime to take on here, I gave my notice in May and left on June 4th. I moved away to Nashville for a Month and decided to come back to Asheville because I was home sick.
Great intentions
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 11, 2015
Work/life balance was terrible. Poor communication from superiors and between co-workers. Difficult environment to adapt to.
Challenging yet inspiring mission.
Annual Giving Manager (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJuly 10, 2015
It is truly fulfilling and inspiring to be part of life saving efforts, yet it is difficult to work with the overall structure and management.
Great place to work like a Family
Correspondence Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntington Park CaliforniaJune 30, 2015
Loved working here people friendly helpful it was like a great big family. our Department and others had a great time working all together TEAM WORK!
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Nothing at all
Very productive and fun work place
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAJune 22, 2015
One of the best palces i have worked in my life, great staff, patients and athmisphear. everyone is just so friendly and works as a team.
awesome opportunities
Orthopedic Technician (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJune 11, 2015
awesome place to work, i have worked there in 3 different roles, Mission has always been supportive of my Skills. i really wish they had not lay off so many people. that hurt the overall moral. they also need to place more places for Staff to have Lunch in green areas.
Pros
the staff are great
Cons
they need to be in more cities
Supportive work environment
CDI, Medical Coding Specialist, CCS Certified (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJune 10, 2015
Work schedule was very flexible. Management was wonderful to work for, they truly cared about their employees. Co-workers were the best anyone could ask for. We supported each other on and off the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was management and my co-workers. Looking through the chart for information. The hardest part of the job was making production.
Pros
gym, discounts, great co-workers and supervisors
Cons
production work
Decent place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Asheville NCJune 1, 2015
Bad compensation, Busy work place, good right out of college job but not if you are looking for a career. No room for advancement. Everything takes 10 years to get done.
Review Summary
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCMay 26, 2015
Typical 8 1/2 hour days.
3 shifts
rotating weekends
variable Holidays
Cafeteria
Payroll deduct available for lunches, purchase, uniforms, shoes, very nice