Mission Hospital Employee Reviews

Intership
Internship (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CADecember 3, 2017
I had my Internship here and it was great. I learned a lot working with the team at Mission Hospital. Would recommend to anyone or would apply to one of their hospitals if it is near.
productive, challenging, and room for opportunity
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Ash, NCNovember 14, 2017
Fast paced job where one can effectively utilize problem solving skills along with interpersonal skills when assisting patient in a quick and friendly manner.
Pros
discounts/perks
Cons
understaffed, can be overwhelming, lack of diversity
post cardiac staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 14, 2017
The work itself is very hard. Patients are nice but they are all very dependent on nurses and aides. I would not go back to work at that hospital. Nurses do not help each other out. The hardest part of my job is not being able to get a break at all.
management
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CANovember 4, 2017
a typical day can be very rushed without getting breaks, management doesn't compensate the staff, need higher pay and more staff, i do love my coworkers and Surgeons at Mission hospital. The job culture can be very relaxed, people are very chill and easy to get along with. Hardest part of the job for me is to leave my family as they let me grow to become a great person i am in my field. I like to thank all that made me grow, the Staff and Doctors
Pros
staff and surgeons
Cons
management and pay
Materials Management
Medical Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CANovember 3, 2017
Materials management is a secure job placement. It does require a learning curve to first start off. It is a very fast paced environment with multiple tasks being required to complete on a daily basis. It is a fun environment and constant interaction with hospital staff.
ok
Merchandising Associate, Gift & Coffee Shops (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 2, 2017
great place to work depending on what department you are in. great work culture with employees but very hard to move around out of the first department you are in.
Stressful, competitive, poorly managed blood bank
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 26, 2017
Blood banking is inherently stressful to begin with, but combine poor management, poor co-workers, and cronyism with an already stressful environment, the result is an incredibly unhappy employee who was lucky to get out.
A very rewarding place to work
Assistant Director Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAOctober 25, 2017
I was in charge of SPD and receiving when I first went to Mission. After about two years, I was moved into capital purchasing and negotiations.
The work ethic at Mission was unlike any other hospital I had worked for. They are very caring and at that time the feeling was the patients came first. I have been away since 2006 and there have been many changes, so I am not sure now.
Good for breaking into healthcare
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 22, 2017
Unless you're friends with a manager, you will never get a promotion. Hired on full time after temping for far less than I was making from the agency. If you want to change positions within the hospital they find ways to delay your transition.

Since I came onboard they have begun requiring that new managers have an associates degree at minimum. I work in a department where the managers and supervisors were hired prior to that requirement. They can't go up the corporate ladder themselves, and they are all friends so they have no intention of leaving. They deliberately do not hire new associates with degrees because they can't pay them enough to be worth their time. I earned my degrees after joining, and they are threatened by the fact I actually want to go further with my career, so they find ways to minimize my accomplishments, making it really difficult to get noticed for a promotion outside of my department.
Enviroment
Cath Lab Technologist (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 19, 2017
Day starts at 0700-0730 and ends when the work is done. It is a very fast paced Lab and many procedures are done in a day. We try to help all patients needing Cath Lab get all the attention they deserve, even if it takes until really late in the night to do that. You get 30-60 minutes for lunch. The doctors are very professional and very knowledgable. Some of the best I have worked with. I highly recommend them.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
No Longer takes BCBSNC
Large hospital, but good place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 19, 2017
Often fast-paced, but challenging. Very good staff and management.
Several intensive care units, learned a lot and gained a lot of experience here. The hardest part was the work load in the winter, and being in charge on days the supervisor was off.
Pros
Great experience, good place to work
Cons
Heavy workload in winter
Fast - paced and competitive workplace
Health Information Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 18, 2017
Competitive work environment yet enjoyable with great co-workers to work with yet at times could be overwhelming due to the competitiveness and occasional drama in the workplace sometimes due arguably to favoritism and communication.
Pros
decent breaks
Cons
fast paced
Working at the front desk of Mission Hospital exposed me to the medical field and provided me adequate opportunities to develop my social skills.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAOctober 17, 2017
The staff at Mission Hospital Laguna Beach are all so welcoming and helpful. Time flew by during my shift because the staff are interested in getting to know you. Mission Hospital values community, respect, and the importance of faith - all values that make Mission Hospital a true gem to work at.
Exciting place to work.
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  PEA 1October 17, 2017
I work with psychiatric patients and they can be very challenging at times but I get satisfaction knowing that I have helped make a difference in at least one life. The staff is very caring and empathetic to patient's needs.
Don't sign a contract
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 12, 2017
They offer contracts in order to keep employees at least a year. That should tell you something. Management is highly disorganized and communication is lacking.
Enjoyable place to work
visit, and direct them to appropriate staff (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXOctober 9, 2017
Loved working there. Learned soon many new things. 12hr shifts are hard. Learned how to do payroll and schedules. Some days are extremely chaotic..met soo many nurses was able to train new secretaries..
Cons
Short staff
Great work place bad manager
Patient Transport tech (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 4, 2017
It could've been a great experience had the manager been more caring and understanding. They are judgemental and do not want anyone to transfer out of the transport Dept.
long time since i worked there
Respiratory Therapist, Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXOctober 3, 2017
can't say how it is there now since its been 20 years since i worked there. i hear it is a lot different since then. i think it is worth a try to apply.
choose not to complete
RN (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 25, 2017
I choose not to complete, I am still employed and I do not want to comment on my place of work at this time. I do not want this to get back to anyone at my current job.
Review
Central Billing (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 19, 2017
It is a somewhat stable environment but limitations on pay and advancement of jobs. The culture is a VERY broad mix and dress code is not enforced. There are some good people here though.
Cons
Cutbacks on discounts, bonuses