Mission Hospital

Mission Hospital Employer Reviews

The doctor is a wonderful person to work with.
Human Management Information Clerk (Former Employee), Huntington Park, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: the doctor is great, and it's a small clinic
Cons: no room for advancement, no benefits
It's a very slow clinic. It's fast in the morning but then it completely dies out in the afternoon. I learned how to administer physical therapy, that's given to all patients with medicare patients.
Very productive place to work.
Registration Lead (Former Employee), Mission Viejo,CaMarch 4, 2015
Overall this was a great place to work & I would return in the near future again if given the opportunity. I learned so much by working at this company that has helped me advance within my healthcare career.
Small 100 bed facility
Administrative Assistant to Director of Nursing (Former Employee), Huntington Park, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Responsible for maintaining licenses and current information on nursing staff; administered medication test to nursing staff; communicated with registry and outside vendors; prepared agenda and transcribed minutes of monthly QA meeting; maintained itinerary for Director of Nursing; generated various types reports and documents as deemed necessary.
A great place to work
Pulmonary Rehab Coordinator (Former Employee), Mission Viejo, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Working at Mission Hospital was very positive. The turnover was very low because everyone was treated with respect. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients. My job was not hard because I enjoyed every aspect.
Worst hospital
Unknown (Former Employee), UnknownJanuary 30, 2015
I'm forced to place one star, or I would give this hospital a 0. Worst hospital I have ever experienced. Even if the staff would like to help you they are over worked, and under paid which makes for horrible attitudes and lack of patient care. I did some research on this hospital after my stay here, happy to know that while others receive pay cuts, and loss of incentives CEO's continue to make 400,000 or more a year, and build new locations. This hospital is taking over all of Asheville, and sadly I'm sure one review may not slow them down.However, If I can keep at least ONE person from going there and supporting this "non profit" hospital I will be content. For your health and your money do NOT go to mission hospital.
Great place to work and practice.
Exercise Specialist/Enrollment Coordinator (Current Employee), Asheville, NCJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, people
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities
A typical day at work includes motivating people, educating patients and families, and learning about the dynamics of different personalities. The management is strong and motivating, but it is my co-workers that make going to work everyday enjoyable. The workers at this job are in their positions because they love helping people. The hardest part of the job is accepting difficult personalities. The most enjoyable part of the job is realizing difficult personalities are often changed with a needed conversation.
SKILL SET
Team Lead (Former Employee), Mission, TXDecember 28, 2014
I was responsible for supporting Physicians, Nurses and hospital staff using EMR systems such as Meditech CLIENT SERVER 5.66 Platform, using various modules.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Asheville, NCDecember 18, 2014
This was an internship therefore I did not get paid and I only volunteered three hours a week for two semesters. Typically when I went I would run the snack cart around to all patient's rooms on the pediatric floor and offer the parents a snack. I would straighten up and clean the playrooms. It was great experience and I got a feel of what I would be doing as a Child Life Specialists.
Orthopedic unit is the best on the east coast
Staff nurse for the Orthopedic Unit (Current Employee), Asheville, NCDecember 2, 2014
Pros: new unit, great staff
Cons: some politics involved with upper management at this time
I would encourage anyone that is an orthopedic nurse to consider Mission Hospital if you want to work in Asheville. Great staff and managers for this unit. Nice city with great food, best beer and lots of entertainment
Busy environment with unfair compensation.
Clinical Technician (Current Employee), Asheville, NCSeptember 19, 2014
Most every technical position at mission is overworked and underpaid.
Terrible Management
SPECIMEN MANAGEMENT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Mission HospitalAugust 2, 2014
Pros: good pay, free lunches sometimes
Cons: high stress, poor managment, unhappy people
Most miserable I have ever been at any job. Don't want to throw anyone under the bus, but the department I worked in was a mess. Poor Management and low morale in general. Glad to be gone
Great way to help patients get covered and hospitals to get paid
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Mission, TXJuly 30, 2014
Pros: benefits great supervisors and owners, mon. - friday, sched. room for advancement
I loved my job every single day, loved the fact we got not only to help patients get covered but the hospital to get paid as well. I learned alot during my journey here would do it all over again, Due to unfortunate events with a past marriage I had to depart from y position.
Wonderful place to work
Administrative Secretary Emergency Department (Former Employee), Asheville, NCJuly 1, 2014
Pros: challenging job very interesting
Cons: pay
Enjoyed going to work everyday. Pay was not that good. Not much chance for advancement in my field.
has its good points...and bad ones
CNA 1 (Former Employee), Asheville, NCMay 6, 2014
Pros: good pay, set hours, various depts for experience
Cons: benefits, upper management, work environment
Ultimatley, its what you make of it. In my dept, management was great. Loved it and loved the ppl. Unfortunately my dept was staffing so we went to all depts. Some were glad to see us, some treated us like the stepchild they didn't want. Some depts were absolutely horrendous to both staff and pts. And heaven help you if you weren't in the "in crowd". I will say the pay was good but the health benefits weren't great. A lot of ppl I got to interact with believe upper echelon didn't really care and it's shows too. They have over a dozen VP's who no one ever sees and wonders if they exist because they are too concerned with Magnet status instead of pt care or staff relations. Their ideology is be grateful you work for Mission because we are the best. The only reason they can call themselves that is because they have bought up or forced all the others out pretty much. Once I moved out of the state, I had spoken to quite a few ppl who extended their sympathies once they found out where I had been.
I love working with kids. That is why I love this job.
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Asheville, NCMarch 25, 2014
Pros: some of the deepest bonds are made here
Cons: the week isn't long enough!
The camp is only for one week. It runs like any other camp would run. Three meals a day, sports, rock climbing, swimming, dances, talent shows, fishing, camping. The difference in this camp is that it is specifically for children with diabetes. As the counselor I have to make sure that the campers are taking care of their blood sugar and eating the right foods. In the middle of the night I would have to check their numbers while they are sleeping to monitor them. Along with the regular activities that happen at a summer camp, we also hold diabetes classes with specialists to teach the campers about the latest technologies that help them to manage their diabetes as well as dietitian classes to teach about healthy diets. I absolutely love working with kids and being a person with diabetes myself, I have a better connection with them. I was a camper myself when I was younger and have grown up with my fellow co-workers. Even the directors that put the camp together have been like family to me for years. The hardest thing to with at this camp is dealing with the kids who get home sick. There are not many of them but each one is different when the case occurs. Knowing how to handle it in the best way is very important.
It's okay
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee), Asheville, NCMarch 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: overworked
A typical day would be that you come in prepare all that you need for your shift and start servicing your customers. You smile and deliver excellent customer service.All the while you also prepare for the next shift.
I learned how to cook and grill more so Ill never be hungry
The hardest part of the job would be the fact that you are overworked in a skeletal crew and more times then not you do not get any appreciation by management. There does not lack for drama among the coworkers or backbiting.
Not all is completely back, there will always be a few bad apple in the bunch but for the most part a good deal of the people there are fun to work with and they make the job bearable. The cooks are fun and some coworkers are too. You also get to met some great people that come through there. If you play your cards right, you would be able to transfer to another department.
a healing ministry
Manager (Current Employee), Business Intelligence DepartmentMarch 19, 2014
provides many opportunities and educational options. promotes teamwork
productive place to work great team work
NA 1 (Current Employee), Asheville, NCMarch 17, 2014
Pros: employee lunch discount, opportunity to advance in your career
Cons: n/a
The dept. I work in is wonderful, everyone is always helping each other out. Going that extra mile for each other. The management team in my dept. is really understandable as well
This was a great environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Asheville, NCFebruary 17, 2014
This job was a very fun loving, a very easy going place. On a day to day I would collect blood specimens from patients and send them back to the lab. I would scan in the patients information into the system.
Lots of Patient Interaction
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Asheville, NCJanuary 17, 2014
A typical day would start at 0345 and end at 1415. We would go up on the floors and recieve the orders of what blood samples we needed to draw for the specific patient. The patients would range from critically ill, to orthopedic patients, from geriatric to pediatric. The hardest part of the job was being under-staffed. The most enjoyable part was the interaction with the patients and doing my job to the best of my ability. The management was not very great... They did not understand what we went through when understaffed and then they were not reliable to talk to because if you asked them something in confidence the whole lab would know within hours.

1 2 3

About Mission Hospital

There are many reasons for you to establish your career at Mission Hospital.

Mission Hospital Salaries