Mission Linen Supply Employee Reviews

Customers were great, Leadership not so much
Route Sales/Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMay 25, 2017
Being out on the road and dealing with customers was the best part of the job. Constantly handling dirty linen sucked, but unfortunately, the really bad part was the management.
Pros
Good Pay and Benefits
Cons
Manager favoritism, dirty and smelly linen, lack of leadership
Don't do it!!
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 11, 2017
I worked here at the Sacramento location as a plant operator it was awful!!
Every single one of my co workers barley knew any English and the one's who did didn't bother helping me out. They all talk mess about each other in Spanish. The management is HORRIBLE didn't know who my manager was didn't know who you to talk to about anything
Pros
Start early get off early, good pay
Cons
Awful co workers and management
Good place to work for.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 5, 2017
You must be a go getter and positive to make things happen at this company. It's challenging and could be rewarding if all branches succeed for the district. To be rewarded the entire district must meet business plan. You are as strong as your weakest link.
Pros
Good place to work for. Autonomy to make it happen.
Cons
Once support staff, ie office personnel, sales, etc. assist each other, this office will be unstoppable.
I enjoy my career and the people I work with a great deal.
OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 5, 2017
I have been lucky enough to meet many smart and diverse people traveling for work. I have made life long friends there. It is a challenging and rewarding working environment, I have learned so much and enjoy building my career and experience.

Everyday is different and there is always something new to learn or do. We have some of the best managers in the company.
Pros
Challenging working envirnment
Cons
Difficult to find and retain employes due to pay scale
Good
Wastewater Operator (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 21, 2017
The workplace is good, salary good, people good, vacation and sic days are not good. A PTO system should be implemented here.
Good place to work for.
Soil Sorter (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAFebruary 16, 2017
Working in as a soil sorter is a rewarding job once you get placement down. I learned to be quick and effecient. Management is east to get along with.
Fun
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 16, 2017
Start early in the morning make everything I need is loaded in truck do my pretrip...The drive to clovis every morning to pick up dirty linen then drive back with occasionally stops at the covenant hospital in levelland or plainview or both. Then drive back to lubbock. May get a couple of hours break in between then switch trucks and take all th dirty back to clovis nm and switch the trailers and bring back the clean. If needed I have to stop on way back to make deliveries..The hardest part is the long hours and late nights. The good part is being off on weekends and coming home every night even it is late..
Healthy work environment
Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Mission provided a healthy work environment rich with opportunities for advancement. Throughout my 10+ years with them, I learned many new skills that will help me for the rest of my working days as well as in my personal life.
Good Company
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORJanuary 11, 2017
The Best part of the company is the ability to succeed based on the effort that you placed in the Job. The only issue would be the Local Manager is who determined the success not the company structure.
productive place
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 7, 2017
tiring since you are on your feet all day long and lifting heavy duty stuff.
smells bad when you clean napkins from restaurants.
have to be very fast paced for the iron machines and folding.
Cons
healthcare
Great Job
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 16, 2016
The are a good business. They have a great stuff. They give you great hours and good pay. There is room to grow in the company. They lots of work to be done so nostanding around.
Great Pay, Benefits, and Weekends off!!
Customer Service Representative/Route Sales (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA 93301December 11, 2016
Overall, a great company to work for. Like any company, if you have a great attitude the job will be easy and fun. If you have a negative attitude, this job is not for you.

This job has its ups and downs- like any job. The fun part of this job is the customers and the fellow coworkers. Out of a 10 hour day, you can have a great 9.75 hours and then the last .25 of your day can be ruined by a manager at check-in that got chewed out by a corporate district manager. The sales part of it was always the worst. The goals kept being out of reach and unattainable.

Physically, this job is very demanding so you have to make sure you follow proper safety guidelines and proper lifting techniques. There was always someone complaining about a bad back, joints, knees,shoulders, rotator cuff..etc... etc. If you are not used to being physically active, THIS JOB IS DEFINATELY NOT FOR YOU.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Weekends Off, Quarterly bonuses, Commissions
Cons
Shortages, Unattainable/unrealistic sales goals, Pressure to sell, sell, sell
CSR (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZDecember 6, 2016
I started at the bottom and worked my way up to production manager. Then became CSR so I could meet our customers and sell them our service, Worked with a lot of great people over the years.
Fantastic Company with a great ethics
UC Corporate Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 30, 2016
Mission is a fantastic company to work for with a great leadership team. I called on large accounts and was very successful as the company offers plenty of all-around support.
Pros
Management - Leadership - Opportunity
Routine schedule enviornment
Receptionist/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CAOctober 17, 2016
Check on voicemail messages, data entrie of privious days rout deliveries, file invoices, print and orginaize new rout packages for divers day deliveries. Answer phones throughout the day and greet incoming customers. Learned organizational skills and customer expirence in office environment.
on web keeps bumping you out"
want to be an employee (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 30, 2016
Im not sure whats wrong trying to enter my info for a position but it keeps bumping me out 4 times I tried........maybe it could be a bad sign.
Pros
maybe i should
Cons
could be a bad sign
Great benefits
Route Sales Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORAugust 4, 2016
Great atmosphere to be around, excellent supportive team and great training from route drivers. Self independent job, you get the opportunity to manage your own route and grow it as well. Room for growth and sales.
Company is horrible
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 1, 2016
High turnover rate, eat and drive, Rush non stop all day, no ac in trucks, sales pressure, gps on all trucks watched non stop,maggots in dirty linen bags, smelly truck all day, lifting all day , have a strong back!!
Pros
benifits are good you will need them
Cons
too many to list
Fun and exciting work environment
Accountant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAOctober 19, 2015
I really loved the company and it's culture. I wish I could have worked there longer, however I had to leave because I had to finish my studies. Otherwise, everyone who worked there was really sweet and welcomed me in right away.
You came knocking on their door so feel lucky you have a job
Route Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pacific Grove, CAAugust 31, 2015
What should be a fairly stress free job is not. The GM Joe tells us the first day we meet him that we are lucky to have a job at Mission Linen and that Mission Linen didn't knock on our doorstep for a job but we did, so feel lucky that you work for Mission Linen. This company has the worse management I have ever worked for. The managers talk bad about fellow employees in front of other employees without a care in world. They really set a bad example for everyone. Production workers are not given 40 hours of work a week to avoid paying them benefits, but they work them just at 34 hours so they still are part time. Production needs to work more hours so that product can get turned over and delivered back to customers. The GM thinks that he knows everything and is so quick to judge people. He never listens to anyone's ideas just acts like he does then gives the reponse of I don't understand. Also you are unable to take your lunch between the 3-5 hour window and when you do put the actual time you take your lunch management changes your punch in/out time to avoid paying you overtime. Management does a lot of shady things here. If management was changed out across the board then it would be a good company. If Castro is out of office then mission Linen has a chance but look how long that took.
Pros
Cons
Management, poor quality product, lunches, GM Joe

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mission Linen Supply. Our community is ready to answer.