Mission Linen Supply Employee Reviews in United States

Fun and exciting work environment
Accountant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAOctober 19, 2015
I really loved the company and it's culture. I wish I could have worked there longer, however I had to leave because I had to finish my studies. Otherwise, everyone who worked there was really sweet and welcomed me in right away.
great
sales (Former Employee) –  Sacramento CAJune 22, 2015
great place to work looking forward to this opportunity see incredible potential in the long run I believe That I could do incredibly well, beyond the shadow of a doubt
Fast Paced Service Company In A Competitive Industry
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 27, 2014
This company sits right on the line between a large company and a small company. This presents many challenges as they seek to gain and maintain market share from larger companies within the industry. The hardest part of the job is leveraging limited assets to achieve a large result. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with a diverse, professional and dynamic group of individuals. Great company culture.
Pros
company culture
Cons
high pressure from competition
A production plant
Load builder (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJune 16, 2014
A typical day at work would be fun outgoing hard working with co-workers.One of the hardest part of the job is the physical work picking up heavy object pushing heavy carts to one side of the building to the other. But the most enjoyable part of the job is working and having a good environment with your co-workers keeps you going.
Pros
benifits, uniforms
Cons
short breaks, works more then 8 hrs.
They paint a pretty picture, but once you are in, it's a nightmare.
RSSR (Former Employee) –  ChinoFebruary 9, 2014
Mission is very disorganized, they are very dishonest with there customers. The GM (Donald) is extremely cocky and is extremely shady. Jeremy which I believe is a manager on the hospital business part of it, is the worst. He doesn't know how to manage, he's just Donald's puppet. If the company actually decided to look into these two guys, they probably wouldn't be with the company anymore.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
everything
Productive and busy work place for industrial plant.
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CADecember 23, 2013
On a regular work day I do data entry and handle service calls/emails. I wrork under my office manager who helps with lots of work. I have one co-worker in the office who prints invoices and soil tickets. The hardest part of the job is having lots of dead lines though out the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to communicate with our customers.
Pros
work experience and health benefits
Cons
stress of being over-worked
Fun fast paced work environment.
Soil sorter (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 5, 2013
My typical day always started out strenuous because we had to always pick up where morning crew left off. It was the most fast paced work environment that I have ever worked in. I Learned how to work a lot of heavy machinery like washers, dryers, bag lifters, Dock loaders etc. Most of management was great specifically night crew, the management for morning always let the workers leave everything a mess so we would always have to play catch up for the first shift, thus being the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was when were all caught up and everything was running like a factory should.
Good Corporate Culture
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 19, 2013
I appreciate Mission Linen Supply for the culture of "Integrity and Great Customer Service" that it's corporate office try's to instill in it's various locations. They also do a good job of training and developing employees from a corporate standpoint. The Route Service Representatives are excellent, give great customer service, and are great to work with. The management at the plant level however has created a culture of back biting, lying, sarcasm, vulgarity, and childish behavior.
Pros
good compensation and benefits
Cons
poor management, vulgar and juvenile atmosphere at plant level
Great company with solid values.
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 17, 2012
I worked as an Area Manager with Mission for one year. In that time, I became quickly familiar with the industry and had the opportunity to work with very knowledgeable people that held each other accountable for results. I was mostly impressed by the tenure of employees here. They truly do believe on promoting internally and offering their home-grown talent opportunity to spread their wings.
Pros
work environment, employee tenure, family atmosphere
Cons
lack of technology.
Horrible management, unattainable goals
RSSR (Former Employee) –  Bishop, CaAugust 29, 2014
Bonus Scheme is bogus. Management pressures way too much. Poor quality product for customers and slow turn around of clean. Management blames drivers to customers though the customers know mission is full of empty promises
Pros
decent pay
Cons
very hard to meet quotas, poor managers, poor product, run down trucks
You came knocking on their door so feel lucky you have a job
Route Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pacific Grove, CAAugust 31, 2015
What should be a fairly stress free job is not. The GM Joe tells us the first day we meet him that we are lucky to have a job at Mission Linen and that Mission Linen didn't knock on our doorstep for a job but we did, so feel lucky that you work for Mission Linen. This company has the worse management I have ever worked for. The managers talk bad about fellow employees in front of other employees without a care in world. They really set a bad example for everyone. Production workers are not given 40 hours of work a week to avoid paying them benefits, but they work them just at 34 hours so they still are part time. Production needs to work more hours so that product can get turned over and delivered back to customers. The GM thinks that he knows everything and is so quick to judge people. He never listens to anyone's ideas just acts like he does then gives the reponse of I don't understand. Also you are unable to take your lunch between the 3-5 hour window and when you do put the actual time you take your lunch management changes your punch in/out time to avoid paying you overtime. Management does a lot of shady things here. If management was changed out across the board then it would be a good company. If Castro is out of office then mission Linen has a chance but look how long that took.
Pros
Cons
Management, poor quality product, lunches, GM Joe
Horrible management
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  ArizonaAugust 6, 2014
The AZ Regional Manager is a jerk to work for.. Very demoralizing, rude, and just downright a BULLY....Cant keep outside sales reps because of his nature.. You would think the company would get a clue.. It is not the reps its Tony...
Pros
great pay if you work hard and can get past management style
Cons
management
ok to start
Chief Maintianace Technichian (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 18, 2013
They move managers they personally like into better positions. If you work hard you will stay working hard for managers that dont work. If your not in their"club" they dont want you in.
Pros
good money
Cons
long hours without warning, harsh work environment, rough management and a "boys club" type attitude towards upper management.
Not an honest company!
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  benicia, caFebruary 13, 2013
Rules and policys change weekly! Management is from all over no one who manages you has ever done your job, they lie to you, mess up pay checks!
Pros
compensations
Cons
long hours, payroll mistakes, bad managers
Productive and Fast Pace Work Place
Customer Service, Data Entry/ File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 25, 2012
Work place could be stressful at time; but not to where you can't handle. Co-workers are great and friendly. Management treats you as if you are an important part of the company.
Fast paced job
ROUTE DRIVER (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 22, 2012
This type of job is for the fast paced employee. i would work monday thru saturday from 4am til 7pm. Not a job for the family man
Pros
you meet a lot people
Cons
work a lot of hours
Great company to work for
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CaliforniaAugust 23, 2012
busy, patients. communicate with co-workers. Hardest part of the job was tracking down missed garments.
Pros
great hours