Mission Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Not what I thought it was going to be
Certified patient acess (Current Employee) –  Mission, TXOctober 11, 2017
Mission is a good hospital except pay is very low management non interactive overall its not a good place to work. I think employees get burned out of overworking for such little pay
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Pay
Enjoyed working with all of hospital staff
Floortech / Utilitytech (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXOctober 5, 2017
Floortech position usually slower paced but occasionally working hard. Utilitytech position usually faster paced and sometimes hard to keep up with workload.
2017: Prime Buyout
Clerical (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 28, 2017
They expect high volumes and productivity but don't want to pay employees to do the job. high stress for the price of your emotional and mental health. Talk about emotional labor, they are insensitive and at the end of the day they just care about money and not the employees who are making it for them. They don't pay good wages, especially to those who have an education. They would rather pay unexperienced, uneducated people to work for their low pays.
Mission Regional Medical Center
Customer Security Representative (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXSeptember 8, 2017
Mission Regional Medical Center was a fast-paced environment with a nurturing client customer care. Supervisors were very instrumental in assisting the learning of new concepts.
Pros
insurance package, proximity to family, competitive salary
Cons
N/a
Great place to work very family orientated.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXJuly 18, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is that everyone is always working to work in a team and makes it all the better place to work in. I've gained so much experience here and helped me to better myself in my future career.
great place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Mission, TXJuly 14, 2017
It is a great company to work for. I enjoy working there and I am happy working in the unit where I work. We are a great nursing team and we get along which makes our job much more relaxed especially on a day that we may be very busy.
Fast family oriented work place
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT/UNIT CLERK (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXJuly 3, 2017
everyone greets with a smile and a hello have a good day/night even if you have no idea who they are. This place is more of a team work place. I enjoyed every day working there with the best nurses I and Doctors I know.
Great management and work skills expanded with cross training to various departments
Certified Nurse Aide/Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mission, TexasJune 28, 2017
Great management and leadership with open mind to multidisciplinary employee integrated approach to patient centered care and planning and implementation.
Pros
Great availability hours and extra shifts
Cons
N/a
Nice place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mission, TXJune 24, 2017
Good environment and great place to learn multiple aspects of job. Mostly everyone is extremely nice and helpful. Hope to be here for many more years to come.
Pros
work schedule
Cons
short lunches
Bought out by Prime Healtcare 2017: You can be laid off to keep less educated, less payed and less experience
RN (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXJune 18, 2017
Immediate layoffs without notice. Not taking into consideration years of service or experience. Keeping instead the last hires with minimal experience with lowest salary. Think before applying for this unstable co.
benefits
Cons
lay off potential is high, co-workers are less experienced, more cut backs expected
Great place to work for
Charge Nurse - Medical Surgical Telemetry Floor (Current Employee) –  Mission, TXMay 13, 2017
Productive good working environment. Great physicians to work with. Some bad apples but 95% of Doctors are respectful towards nurses. When the shift starts getting busy everyone pulls together to help the nurse that is behind. This is on Medical Surgical floor of course.
Pros
Best thing about this job is the teamwork amongst nurses and cnas
Cons
staffing storages and managment still expecting 100%
Medical/Telemetry RNII (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAMay 2, 2017
Mission is a great hospital located in an idyllic place in south Orange County, CA. The work environment is great, and the managers - and hospital - are there to ensure that you succeed as an RN, and - if you want - to advance your position. The salary is decent for the area, though new-grads might struggle a bit. Overall recommended hospital to be an RN at.
productive and fun workplace
Guest Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXMarch 22, 2017
typical day is to was greeting all external and internal guest
learned to be pro-active and make rational decisions
workplace culture was that of the Rio Grande Valley
most enjoyable meeting all the guests, patients and their families
Pros
free coffee
Cons
advancement is minimual due to senority
Family attmosphere
Critical Care Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXFebruary 18, 2017
Calm and laid back atmosphere with a positive workplace culture. All staff work well together and being a family is promoted from the date of hire. Everyone seems to smile and say hello to each other when walking in the halls.
productive and good place to work at
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Mission, TXFebruary 18, 2017
the day at work is always busy getting patients ready for surgery, and i have learned alot, because it is a learning experience that can help me succeed at my job, understand patients need, and help them feel comfortable. I really enjoy my job!!!
Pros
good benefits
Cons
N/a
Mission Regional
Clinical Informatics Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXJanuary 26, 2017
Mission Regional was a great place to work for. My immediate supervisor always did his best to be transparent with our team, and guide us on the right path towards hospital success.
Productive Work Environment
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXJanuary 5, 2017
As soon as I start my shift, the atmosphere sets a welcoming presence for the whole staff and I. The work environment is very pleasing and less stressful with such a great culture and management my department upholds.
great co-workers
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXAugust 29, 2016
clock in everyone greets me, explaining what patients are coming up to be drawn later, great experience in the emergency room, learn different ways on drawing a patient
Pros
team work
Cons
pay rate
Leadership of multi-departmental services to support the culture, mission, vision, in a community hospital.
Director of Support Services (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXJuly 12, 2016
My tenure of twelve years at Mission Regional Medical Center has been a blessing for me. I had the opportunity to work next to my second family and be in my home away from home.
Pros
Accessible to others, and be of service to others.
Cons
Excellent place of employment.
Clinical Analyst Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXJuly 12, 2016
It was good to go to work where the people were friendly. Everyone is helpful and polite. I learned different cultures from the diversity of the employees. The co-workers are always eager to assist with any issues at hand. The hardest part was leaving the company. The best part of the job was helping people.
Pros
Great working environment and schedule.
Cons
The pay could have been much better.