- The Warehouse Laborer/Stock Clerk is responsible for maintaining the warehouse and the grounds including the parking lot and the external boundaries in and around the property. Including but not limited to trash removal and keeping the grass cut and maintained. When the truck comes in from the daily pick up of furniture and other household appliances, the Warehouse Laborer/Stock Clerk is responsible for assisting with the unloading of the truck and placing the furniture in the warehouse. Assist clients with the removal of selection items from the floor to the door, and the tagging items of furniture that cannot be picked up the same day. Responsible for cleaning and maintaining the warehouse, the restrooms and offices clean and the restrooms stocked.
- Clean and stock warehouse on a daily basis.
- Greet and receive donated items, provide donor with receipt if requested, and bring and store items in the warehouse.
- Follow verbal and written warehouse instructions and polity as provided by the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Receive, check-in and track donated delivered; organize and inventory items
- Hang all empty hangers on display rack
- Identify broken, damaged and un-repairable items of furniture and other appliances and prepare for disposal.
- Maintain good working relationship will all MOLC staff in and out of the warehouse work area.
- Adhere to all warehouse safety standards when handling furniture or any and all appliances and heavy objects.
- Ensure a clean and safe working and shopping environment for everyone
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to organize, focused, and multi-task, in good health and able to lift at least 80 lbs.
- Must be reliable, punctual and able to work the established or assigned schedule.
- Must possess a high degree of integrity, and a valid drivers licenses helpful but not required.
- Must be able to interact professionally and courteously with the public, including customers shopping or donating, and with all staff members.
- Ability to interpret and follow warehouse policy and instruction, both verbal and written.
- Full-time position with vacation time and benefits.
- Work alongside employees and volunteers, if there are any, this is also a job that, with a little guidance, one can jump right in and perform with minimum supervision.
For additional information, please call Ms. Denise Robinson, Office Manager at 301-333-4440.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants must submit a resume and two (2) current letters of recommendation to: Mission of Love Charities, Inc., ATTENTION: Human Resources, 6180 Old Central Avenue, Capitol Heights, Maryland 20743.