Mississippi Blood Services Employee Reviews

Learning Experince
Volunteer (Former Employee), Greenville, mississippiJanuary 16, 2015
it was my first time giving blood , so of course I was very nervous. after I gave blood I volunteered to help the workers and just give insight and what to expect to each person who came to donate. it's something that I will do again and I will recommend it to people.
a wonderful company to work for
Phlebotomist/Donor Technician (Current Employee), Greenville, MSSeptember 24, 2014
Mississippi Blood Services is a wonderful company to work for. MBS has in center employees as well as employees that travel to various blood drives day to day. You get to meet various types of people on – more... a day to day basis and you become close to the donor's that donate on a regular basis. MBS strives for the best! MBS also has great opportunities and benefits. I have loved working with this company and have learned so much about myself as a team player and an individual. – less
Productive and very busy place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Oxford, MSMay 19, 2014
Pros: full time
Cons: work hours and schedule
This is a good company to work for. A typical work day can be anytime or morning or night, and consists of packing and loading for the work day. Donors are the main priority at Ms Blood Services. The hours is the hardest part of this job to adjust to. It can be enjoyable for those who like to travel.
A productive place with problems with management
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Flowood, MSApril 26, 2013
I worked as a Lab assistant with the Medical Laboratory Scientist in the blood bank laboratory. The job required a lot of precision and tactfulness. My coworkers worked well with one another but we unfortunately had a micromanager that had a hard time getting through to the employees.
Productive, fun place to work
Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMay 17, 2012
Pros: bonuses were great.
Cons: being on-call wasn't easy.
The day started with inventory reconcilliation. and finishing any work left by the previous shift.
I learned how to identify rare blood antibodies.
Mangement was very effective while being understanding.
My co-workers were well-trained and easy to work with.
Screening multiple blood units for multiple antigens was the hardest part of the job.
We had very enjoyable Christmas parties.