Mississippi State Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Great experience
Medical Health Assistant/Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whitfield, MSMay 23, 2016
I enjoy working for MSH, it keeps me on my feet, and busy at all times. It has given me the experience I need when it comes to working in Mental Health.
A well-rounded workplace with great benefits.
CNA (Current Employee) –  Whitfield, MSMay 5, 2016
I recommend this job place to anyone who is looking for an easy going job. The residents are awesome, depending on what part you work in. Staff is pretty cool as long as your cool.
Enjoyable job
Recreation Therapy Supervsior (Current Employee) –  Whitfield, MSApril 26, 2016
Enjoy working in the Recreation Department. Love the staff I supervised. Could have more opportunity for advancement. Also need more options for pay increases.
Great starting career
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Whitfield, MSApril 8, 2016
Working over nights is difficult, but rewarding. The coworkers are great, and the patients are the best, this has been a great experience for me.
benefits
Cons
short staffing
Day as a geriphychological nurse
RN III (Current Employee) –  Whitfield, MSMarch 11, 2016
As a geriatric pshychological nurse. I get very close to my patients and families. Patient and family teaching, along with collaborating with doctors and nurse practitioner to plan can for the patient.
This is my Home
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Whitfield, MSFebruary 4, 2016
Mississippi State Hospital is my home. It is like family to me. I spent 5 years at this Hospital. We are not only coworkers, but we act as we are there for each other no matter what. My review would be biased because this place is my heart. Everything i learn, a part of me is this place. I love it
My work review.
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Whitfield, MSDecember 2, 2015
The job is pretty lad back. But that's the problem. The job is too lazy and lade back. I learned how to communicate with patients with mental disabilities. The job is two boring for me. I need a more busy like job. Their are no hard parts in this job. That's the problem.
Pros
breakfast cost about 3 bucks. cheap breakfast.
Cons
low pay, low wages, no bonuses at all.
A Great Place
Director of Patient Accounts (Current Employee) –  Whitfield, MSNovember 18, 2015
I had to talk to customers and other employees which was a joy. The management was great. I work with great co-workers. The hardest part of this job was telling a customers that they was not able to get homestead exemptions.
Pros
State benefits
happy job
mental health tech/administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 12, 2015
I love this job very fun and smooth operating small business and we all were like family we grew closer and closer year after year the boss was very open understanding funny loveable
Fun and productive
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Whitfield, MSNovember 11, 2015
It is all about the patients and making sure they is taking care of, spending time with patients and interacting with the family members to ensure them that their love is getting the best care.
Fun place to be if you like working to help people.
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Whitfield, MSOctober 1, 2015
The job itself was fun. I Ioved working with my patients! They gave me so much joy and laughter! The co-workers were somewhat easy to get along with. A typical night of work was monitering the patients as they slept, although we would get an eventful night once in a while. The hardest part about the job was reamaing awake while watching someone else sleep. I learned that we all have to put aside our selfish needs, because there are people out in the world less fortunate and needy than ourselves.
Fun Entergetic up beat
Certified Nurses' Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitfield, MSSeptember 1, 2015
Responsible Certified Nursing Assistant with 2+ years’ experience in ER, immediate care and triage units. Genuine desire to work towards achieving individual patient’s health targets. Calm, focused and attentive to specific needs to patients in a healthcare facility. Flexible work schedule.
Pros
On campus lunch site
Cons
heatlh precausions
n/a
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Pearl, MSAugust 21, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers. Small pay. Decent amount of red tape and polics, but this is expected of a big company.
Caring environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSAugust 5, 2015
Assisted patients with ADLS, took clients on orientation field trips, assisted nurses with daily routine care of clients
Pros
Loved working with the elderly and mentally challenged
Cons
Staff shortage
Prodicive and fun work environment
Staff Nurse III (Former Employee) –  Whitfield, MSJuly 23, 2015
Busy work days but rounding with the physicians and review of charts offered a good learning experience as a nurse. Working with the company was good and the benefits were good.
Pros
Employee day and fireworks for the staff and family for the 4th of July
Cons
Short staffed at times especially on weekends
Establishment for the mentally ill
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Whitfield, MSJuly 12, 2015
Typical day of work required being assigned to a patient to monitor and observe for the shift and charting for the end of the shift. I learned a lot about different mental illnesses and how the medicines "work". Management was very political. Co-workers usually worked well together. Not understanding the patients was the hardest part of the job. Being in an environment I was able and interested to learn made the job enjoyable.
Pros
benifits
Cons
some days no breaks
Productive and secure place to work
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Whitfield, MSJune 8, 2015
A typical day at work would be tending to the patients and making sure their basic needs for living are met. It is based on a routine pattern and paper work to support what we did.
Pros
steady pay, benefits, and safe work enviorment.
Cons
Mental unstability of the patients.
Great place to get a variety of experience
Employee Relations Director (Current Employee) –  Whitfield, MSJune 5, 2015
A typical day at work is consulting with employees and management regarding policies and procedures. Also, this position requires a lot of reading and reviewing documents that could be used for litigation. Additionally, investigations are conducted regarding allegations and professional licenses are verified and maintained. I have learned that many situations result from miscommunication and misunderstanding. Employees like to feel important, valued and heard. The hardest part of my job is not being able to offer a deserving salary to those employees who deserve to be compensated. I enjoy helping others and directing them to the right path to resolve their concerns.
productive place to work
Mental Health Technician ( Contractual Employee) (Former Employee) –  Whitfield,MsMay 18, 2015
It was a great entry level job it taught me how to work as a apart of team and learn the game about patient care. I have worked with great caring nursing staff I enjoyed my time there as well as work with the patient.
Productive and learning environment to work in
Behavioral Health Technician I (Current Employee) –  Whitfield, MSMay 17, 2015
On a typical day I have Treatment team, Psycho educational groups, one-on-one sessions. I interact with women patients on a daily basis who suffer from numerous mental illnesses such as: bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and major depression.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mississippi State Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.