Mississippi State Hospital

Mississippi State Hospital Employer Reviews

Stressful but rewarding
Mental Health Tech III (Former Employee), Whitfield, MSJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: direct one on one patient care
Cons: dangerous environment.
Working with mentally ill patients is very very stressful. I worked with aggressive patients who were very combative. However the most rewarding part was assisting in helping someone get back to leading a very normal life.
Recreation Therapy
Recreational Therapist (Current Employee), Pearl, MSJanuary 6, 2015
Worked as an intern student at Mississippi State Hospital
Served as an Recreational Therapist
Developed helpful interventions for patients with Schizophrenia Worked with the male receiving
stressful workplace that is not worth the pay
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee), Whitfield, MSNovember 6, 2014
A typical day at work may involve patients physically and verbally abusing me or my co workers. I learned that there are people going through various life situations that need professional guidance. My co workers are fun and loving people. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the pay. the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help others.
Great learning experience.
Account Auditing Tech. (Current Employee), (Post Office), Whitfield, MSSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: good benefits and holiday pay
Cons: low pay
A typical day at work is the delivery of the mail & packages to the post office. I scan all packages. I then sort and direct the mail to it's proper place (includes post office boxes, Hudspeth Center, Miss. State Hospital patient and employee mail, building mail for the entire community and all mail for the administrative office).

I then set up for the opening of the post office. I run the post office as smooth and accurately as possible. Taking care of all sales, questions and any problems that may occur. I enjoy helping and getting to know my customers.

At the end of the day I have accounting work to do. I must balance to the penny in money and merchandise before I leave every day . I then get everything ready for the delivery person to pick up. Then I clean up both my office and the post office for the day.
Great place for a learning experience
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Whitfield, MSSeptember 8, 2014
I assist our nursing home residents with daily living activities such as bathing, getting dressed, feeding, and other activities.
CNA
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Whitfield, MSSeptember 3, 2014
The typical day as a CNA persists of providing full, complete care for the elderly and mentally challenged individuals. What I've learned here is how to properly care for this patients while avoiding injury to them and myself while they are under my care.
Productive and Hard
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee), Whitfield, MSAugust 16, 2014
A normal day at work was when all the machines worked and all the residents was in a good mood. I never had a problem with any of them not doing what I asked. I was always the one everyone had to come to in order to get someone to eat or calm down. The hardest part of the job was having to watch the residents 1 on 1 and going to another building. Every building has there own way of doing things and there residents don't listen to you like they listen to there own CNA's so it was hard to work.
A workplace for a special kind of person
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Whitfield, MSJuly 26, 2014
Cons: unprofessional, rude, and disrespectful staff
Staffing at MSH is horrible. There is no reason why one CNA should be on the floor at any given time. Big wigs do not care because they do not have to be on the floor. It is not safe for the residents or the staff. They have checks and balances in place and they do not do anything but make the situation more complicated, The Nursing Home buildings are old with outdated AC and electrical. They are behind time when it comes to most things. They will continue to have a high turn over rate as long as they continue to treat people with disrespect and unprofessionalism. I would not recommend this job.
MS State Hospital
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee), Whitfield, MsJune 17, 2014
I really liked the job, the things I learn at the job was how to be a CNA, I got alone good with all my Co-Workers, we did things outside of the job too, such as go out to eat, and etc. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a patient who has know control of what is going on with them.
The hardest part of the job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Whitfield, MSJune 16, 2014
Pros: a good job for young people.
Cons: not a good team work.
The hardest part of the job is make sure the each shift is doing their part. If they do not do their sometime put my shift in a tough part to get our job done on time.
What I learned
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Whitfield, MSJune 14, 2014
Pros: happy clients
Cons: co-workers
I learned how to caring of someone else instead of just me. I like to talk to the patient as I clean up their home. I just like to keep them claim and they teach me how to life and learn.
Beneficial
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee), Jackson, MSJune 5, 2014
Learn to have patients and be therapeutic and terrible situations.
Highly Not Recommended
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee), Brandon, MSJune 3, 2014
Pros: steady hours
Cons: sometimes no breaks, rude staff, unfair treatment, dangerous
The job is to dangerous for the amount of pay its not worth it.
FUNT TO WORK AT AND PRODUCTIVE
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee), Pearl, MSMay 19, 2014
IT YOU HAVE PATIENCE THEN I THINK YOU SHOULD APPLY. IT A GREAT PLACE TO WORK AT
Great learning experience
Assist residents in all areas of of physical care (Current Employee), Whitfield, MSApril 21, 2014
Pros: i can choose the number of hours that i work per week
Cons: lunch break is not long enough
My work day is usually uneventful! However, every once in a while, I have to put my big girl pants on and enforce the rules whenever patients are not following the rules. I also learned that you can not always be friends with everyone you work with which is the hardest part of my job because I'm a great listener, friendly, and thoughtful.
very fast paced
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee), pearl msApril 5, 2014
Pros: flexiblity
Cons: n/a
my job as assistant manager at taco bell was to create a stable work environment for the employees and to provide great customer service.
productive
MHT (Former Employee), Pearl, MSMarch 28, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: etc.
greatest place on earth never bored if you work on day shift night shift sucks
My 1st Job
Office Assistant in Medical Records Department (Former Employee), Whitfield, MSMarch 18, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: just a summer job
MSH was my first real job. I was an eye opener, I got to see for myself at 16 what it was like to work hard from 7:30-5:00
great
Mental Health Tech (Former Employee), Whitfield, MSMarch 10, 2014
i really enjoyed my job and the people i worked with very good place to work.
Review
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Whitfield,MSFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: helpfulness
Cons: short breaks
An typical day at work is to help customers or patients, I've learn things I didn't know how to do or haven't been explained to me, my co-worker are very helpful, friendly, and fun, hardest part of a job is when everything coming to you all at once, enjoyable part of the job is to know you got things accomplish

1 2 3 4