Mississippi State Hospital

Mississippi State Hospital Employer Reviews

Great place for a learning experience
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Whitfield, MSSeptember 8, 2014
I assist our nursing home residents with daily living activities such as bathing, getting dressed, feeding, and other activities.
CNA
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Whitfield, MSSeptember 3, 2014
The typical day as a CNA persists of providing full, complete care for the elderly and mentally challenged individuals. What I've learned here is how to properly care for this patients while avoiding injury to them and myself while they are under my care.
Productive and Hard
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee), Whitfield, MSAugust 16, 2014
A normal day at work was when all the machines worked and all the residents was in a good mood. I never had a problem with any of them not doing what I asked. I was always the one everyone had to come to in order to get someone to eat or calm down. The hardest part of the job was having to watch the residents 1 on 1 and going to another building. Every – more... building has there own way of doing things and there residents don't listen to you like they listen to there own CNA's so it was hard to work. – less
A workplace for a special kind of person
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Whitfield, MSJuly 26, 2014
Cons: unprofessional, rude, and disrespectful staff
Staffing at MSH is horrible. There is no reason why one CNA should be on the floor at any given time. Big wigs do not care because they do not have to be on the floor. It is not safe for the residents or the staff. They have checks and balances in place and they do not do anything but make the situation more complicated, The Nursing Home buildings are – more... old with outdated AC and electrical. They are behind time when it comes to most things. They will continue to have a high turn over rate as long as they continue to treat people with disrespect and unprofessionalism. I would not recommend this job. – less
MS State Hospital
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee), Whitfield, MsJune 17, 2014
I really liked the job, the things I learn at the job was how to be a CNA, I got alone good with all my Co-Workers, we did things outside of the job too, such as go out to eat, and etc. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a patient who has know control of what is going on with them.
The hardest part of the job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Whitfield, MSJune 16, 2014
Pros: a good job for young people.
Cons: not a good team work.
The hardest part of the job is make sure the each shift is doing their part. If they do not do their sometime put my shift in a tough part to get our job done on time.
What I learned
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Whitfield, MSJune 14, 2014
Pros: happy clients
Cons: co-workers
I learned how to caring of someone else instead of just me. I like to talk to the patient as I clean up their home. I just like to keep them claim and they teach me how to life and learn.
Beneficial
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee), Jackson, MSJune 5, 2014
Learn to have patients and be therapeutic and terrible situations.
Highly Not Recommended
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee), Brandon, MSJune 3, 2014
Pros: steady hours
Cons: sometimes no breaks, rude staff, unfair treatment, dangerous
The job is to dangerous for the amount of pay its not worth it.
FUNT TO WORK AT AND PRODUCTIVE
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee), Pearl, MSMay 19, 2014
IT YOU HAVE PATIENCE THEN I THINK YOU SHOULD APPLY. IT A GREAT PLACE TO WORK AT
Great learning experience
Assist residents in all areas of of physical care (Current Employee), Whitfield, MSApril 21, 2014
Pros: i can choose the number of hours that i work per week
Cons: lunch break is not long enough
My work day is usually uneventful! However, every once in a while, I have to put my big girl pants on and enforce the rules whenever patients are not following the rules. I also learned that you can not always be friends with everyone you work with which is the hardest part of my job because I'm a great listener, friendly, and thoughtful.
very fast paced
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee), pearl msApril 5, 2014
Pros: flexiblity
Cons: n/a
my job as assistant manager at taco bell was to create a stable work environment for the employees and to provide great customer service.
productive
MHT (Former Employee), Pearl, MSMarch 28, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: etc.
greatest place on earth never bored if you work on day shift night shift sucks
My 1st Job
Office Assistant in Medical Records Department (Former Employee), Whitfield, MSMarch 18, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: just a summer job
MSH was my first real job. I was an eye opener, I got to see for myself at 16 what it was like to work hard from 7:30-5:00
great
Mental Health Tech (Former Employee), Whitfield, MSMarch 10, 2014
i really enjoyed my job and the people i worked with very good place to work.
Review
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Whitfield,MSFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: helpfulness
Cons: short breaks
An typical day at work is to help customers or patients, I've learn things I didn't know how to do or haven't been explained to me, my co-worker are very helpful, friendly, and fun, hardest part of a job is when everything coming to you all at once, enjoyable part of the job is to know you got things accomplish
Easy workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Whitfield, MSJanuary 18, 2014
Great Benefits but the money is not good. The job is easy. I learned how to take vital signs. The coworkers on my shift was very helpful.
Being productive having a job I enjoy
Psychology Technician (Current Employee), Whitfield, MSJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: when my patients leave and call back to say how good they are doing and thank me for my help.
Cons: not having full teamwork among the whole unit as one.
Doing productive activities with my patients, having positive group sessions, to learn and teach them about everyday life skills. I also learn from my patients and the doctor of the building; everyday is a learning opportunity dealing with different people with different diagnosis and how to help them. My goal is to try and help my patients leave here – more... and go home and live a productive life. – less
Overall a good
MHT Transportation Driver (Current Employee), Whitfield, MSJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: different experience everyday.
Cons: low pay wage for quaility of work.
A typical day at work consist of clocking in at work on time. Inspecting the emergency transported or provide a daily vehicle inspection.Doing assignments as directed by dispatcher.Transporting residents to appointments or to hospital as needed.
Supevise medical record clerks
Supervisor/Auditor (Current Employee), Medical Record DepartmentNovember 25, 2013
•Analyzes medical records for required documentation check for correction of deficiencies according to established criteria in guidelines.
Completes performance appraisals on subordinate employees
•Trains and instructs employees on polices/procedures
•Ensures appropriate signatures are provided on the request

1 2 3 4