Mississippi State University Employee Reviews

Great Work Environment
Web Designer (Current Employee) –  West Point, MS 39773June 19, 2017
MSU is a great institution to work for. During my time here, I have enjoyed the challenges that have been give to me on the job as well as the camaraderie that I have with my coworkers.
Fun and unique job atmosphere
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSJune 16, 2017
Working for a university there is hardly ever a "typical day". Each day was different providing unique opportunity and professional growth. I had a lot of professional freedom when it came to programs and displays I created and implemented throughout campus. Management was very easy to work with and our team had open and good communication throughout the day. We had a very strong team atmosphere knowing that we had to work together to get a lot of our events and programs successfully accomplished. Working for the Department of Health Promotion and Wellness was a great atmosphere because healthy habits were encouraged, such as "walking meetings". I loved being able to practice what we preached throughout campus, which was living healthy and happy!
Pros
Flexible scheduling, strong team atmosphere, being actively involved on campus
Very rewarding job
Student Manager (Former Employee) –  AthleticsJune 6, 2017
I feel that time I spent as at Mississippi State was very rewarding. I enjoyed the job as well as the balance of being a student. I would recommend working for Mississippi State.
MSU is a large good place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSJune 5, 2017
I enjoyed working at MSU and its an excellent school but the pay is not great. I worked with numerous software programs as well as desktop publishing and enjoyed interaction with different employees daily in my position.
Pros
benefits are great
Cons
pay is not great, parking deals are very expensive
Good
Student Graphic Designer and Photographer (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSMay 26, 2017
As a student, it was a great place to get my feet off the ground. I would recommend this job to students especially, but to full-time employment seekers as well. They have good benefits and job security. During the time I was there, there were very few employees to leave. Mostly just people retiring or having to relocate for the sake of family.
SI Leader (Current Employee) –  Mississippi State University, MSMay 22, 2017
As a college student, working for the university has really allowed me to expand my work experience. Everyone is very friendly and they are flexible around your class schedule. It has been a great place to work.
Telecommunication Operator (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMay 15, 2017
I got to meet several really nice coworker and hopefully, get my career moving forward. I can utilize the skills that I have learned.It offered me an opportunity to apply my educational studies. I was able to train and advise others.
Pros
professional environment
Cons
Need career advancement
Good for Anyone Interested in Research
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMay 12, 2017
-The job varies depending on who you have, but one consistancy is writing up your findings, which is comparable to covering yourself in colorful paper, walking into a room filled with preschoolers high on expresso, and informing them you are a pinata.

-However, it was excellent for learning how scientific research works.
Pros
Fantastic way to be introduced to a new line of work
Cons
Writing research results is terrible
Productive fun place
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSMay 11, 2017
It is a great place to work as a college student. It allows you do homework while you are getting paid. It has been a great experience for me. It is the perfect job for me
Pros
Not too demanding
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and Innovative Place to Work
Athletic Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMay 11, 2017
Throughout my internship at MSU athletics, I learned what it means to integrate university athletics with the local community. MSU revolutionizes college athletics, and I am proud to have been an intern.
Compliance Intern
Athletic Compliance Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMay 3, 2017
I was very fortunate to work alongside professionals in the NCAA Compliance industry while completing my coursework. It was a challenging fast paced environment.
High quality education
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSMay 1, 2017
Pretty good higher educational institution in the South of the USA. Very strong programs addressed to people interested in getting high quality education to succeed in the life
Pros
Very accessible and high quality education
Cons
Very busy life to handle the courses
Fun place to work
Field Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSApril 25, 2017
Fun place to work. Always learning something new, I enjoyed traveling and meeting new people. Had the opportunity to go back to school and received my master's.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Couldn't move up fast
productive and responsible workforce
Mitchell Memorial Student Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSApril 19, 2017
Working at Mississippi State's Library gives great learning experience everyday. Responsibility is given for opening and closing procedures and often creates great costumer services skills by working with guests and students with the computer software. The workforce is a great environment to be involved in everyday and the tasks are simple.
Great college.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSApril 13, 2017
Working in a college environment as assistant to a dean was very fun, interesting, and learning. The professor and staff were very professional and taught me many different office procedures and use of various office machines. Enjoyed working with this staff.
Pros
Excellent college.
Cons
None.
I did not work at Mississippi State, I went to school there.
Student (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSApril 6, 2017
I enjoyed attending school at MSU. I went to school there, I did not work there. I am not sure what I am supposed to be writing, seeing that I did not actually work there.
I worked at night so it was nice and quiet and I was able to get my studies done
Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State University, MSApril 3, 2017
It's a great job for minimum wage but there is no room for advancement. Its a good job that can give you time to get homework done while you're working
Endless Educational Opportunities But Lack of Leadership Career Development
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSMarch 24, 2017
The university is top-heavy with highly paid male executives, many of whom are not adding value or leading in innovation and improvement. There is also a lack of funding when it comes to personal career development. Social activities and environment could be better. Since this is a university, there are endless learning opportunities, and you can obtain a degree while employed.
Pros
Paid Time Off, Learning Opportunities, Co-workers, Paid college education
Cons
Family Growth Support, Flexible Work Hours, Salary Satisfaction, Ability to Telecommute
Simple Life
Head Strength and Conditioning Coach (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSMarch 24, 2017
The university is excellent and the people are amazing. The town of Starkville offers very little in terms of entertainment. For adventurous and outgoing activities you have to travel 2 hours to Jackson, MS, Memphis, TN, or Birmingham, Al.
A typical day
Technical Assistant Trainee (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSMarch 22, 2017
A typical day working at Mississippi State was very interesting. You never knew who you were going to meet. My job was to go into different daycare's around the state and observe how they did different things and if I saw they needed help or improvement in certain areas I showed them the proper way.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Traveling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mississippi State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4