Mississippi State University Employee Reviews

Mississippi
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSDecember 3, 2016
My experience teaching at Mississippi State University-Meridian Campus was mixed. I enjoyed the students, the size of the campus, the opportunity to work on research. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with students in Psi Chi, Psych Club, my research lab, and advising students for graduate school applications.
Pros
Small campus, easy parking, more one-on-one time with students.
Cons
Workload on the Meridian campus is three courses a semester, versus two courses on the Starkville campus, We do not have graduate assistants at the Meridian campus, but research expectations are the same as the main campus.
Working for Housing and Residence Life
Senior Resident Adviser (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSNovember 18, 2016
The University loves student workers. They desire to see each student succeed. It is a great job to gain a wide variety of skills that can transfer to many different fields.
Pros
Paid housing, meal plan and decent pay
Fun and rewarding
Information Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississippi State University, MSNovember 15, 2016
Working at Mississippi state as an information Assistant has been wonderful! It's an amazing way to meet new people and learn valuable work experience.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Parking
Bad place to work
Instrument Manager/ Instructor (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSNovember 10, 2016
Bad boss verbally abused me. Too much work for one person. Ran the department instrumentation, repaired it when it went down, taught labs, and operated the XRD instrument for department.
Great place to go to school
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSNovember 8, 2016
The opportunities offered to graduate students are second to none. This a great place to go to school and do research. The professors are helpful and give you as many tools as they can to help you succeeded.
Great University
Accounting Assistant/Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSOctober 18, 2016
Great university with wonderful instructors that work with students. The faculty/staff go above and beyond. Instructors really care about their students.
Solid working experience
Art Instructor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSOctober 3, 2016
Good atmosphere and solid company goals with opportunities for growth and expansion. Job security is readily available to diligent, good workers. Great management.
Pros
Decent to good pay, good management.
proactive
Field Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Summit, MSSeptember 10, 2016
This is a great place. Manage Office Provide workshops for directors, teachers, teacher assistance and floaters Provide technical assistance for classroom setup Provide activities for teachers to incorporate in the classroom Create lesson plans Create power points for training Training on CPS Clickers Plan calendars Traveling across Mississippi
Pros
lots of travel
Cons
lots of travel
Good research university
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSSeptember 6, 2016
All kinds of equipment I need is available and I enjoy the research work here. People here are nice and easy going. I have learned a lot in operating many equipment and learned how to take charge of the laboratory.
Love the University setting
Manager of Parking Services (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSAugust 1, 2016
I love working in an University setting. I love getting to meet new people and develop a working relationship with them.
Grads: Funding is always available in some departments
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSJuly 13, 2016
Advisers really do their best in making any research goals you set for yourself as reachable as possible. Some advisers really focus on getting your name out there through publications which after graduation is actually the most important thing to helping you get hired.
Good environment
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSJune 24, 2016
Flexible hours, very good with working with school hours. Good work environment overall. Good place to work while in school.
Love My Job
Contracts & Grants Specialist (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSJune 23, 2016
I love my job and the people I work with. I have been here a little over a year and working here has been an excellent choice. I wish I have stated here 15 years ago.
Pros
Great work enviornment.
Cons
Pay
Fun Workplace
Campus Landscape (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSJune 1, 2016
Going to my station , driving company vehicle, mowing lawns. The hardest part of the job is the heat. Overall great experiences from learning to use zero turn mower, tractor, tend lawns , and green house.
Respect for Student Work-life Balance
Student Researcher/Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSMay 10, 2016
The faculty I worked under at Mississippi State had a strong respect for the needs of their workers not only as employees, but as students, and were willing to give a wide margin of space whenever school began to conflict with work. They're the best possible employers for a student in Starkville.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Few food options in the summer
good place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMay 3, 2016
I enjoyed working at Mississippi State University. The work culture is really good and collaborative. I learned a lot of new techniques and skills while working here. Overall it is a good place for research work.
Exciting and interesting environment without a dull moment
Information Technology Services Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSMarch 27, 2016
This job allows for different chance to connect to professionals throughout the workforce. There is always something new to see or learn making it a great learning opportunity as well as enjoyable environment.
Great way to learn about lab protocols
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSMarch 13, 2016
Worked in a group, learning experience, good part-time job while being a full time student. This job was not too time consuming.
Great work environment
Marketing Professor (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMarch 5, 2016
Last position at MSU was Associate Dean in College of Business. Most days consisted of managing student issues and dealing with co-workers on various projects and day-to-day activities.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Some days were hectic.
I hope no one gets this job after I leave...
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSFebruary 24, 2016
The department I work for at MSU is horrid. Unprofessional and demeaning faculty. My supervisor specifically does not know the first thing about supervision. Everyone on campus knows that my supervisor is hard to work with, and before me not many assistants lasted long. The supervisor blames me for mistakes that I made while I was pregnant with horrible morning (all day) sickness, and also blames me for mistakes made when she told me to stay home around the holidays. Belittles me often with emails copied to several other people not only in my department, but other departments on campus.
Pros
Great benefits, leave rules, and several ways to get involved on campus.
Cons
Health Insurance for family is expensive. Uses the "buddy" system when choosing employees, which means they hire people they know.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mississippi State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4