Mississippi State University

Mississippi State University Employer Reviews

wonderful work environment
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Stoneville, MSDecember 16, 2014
all aspects of grounds and facility maintenance
Exciting and engaging environment
Assistant Professor (Former Employee), Mississippi State, MSDecember 3, 2014
Working with the students was a real pleasure. The students will always be the most engaging part of a faculty position.
Great place to work.
Head-Teacher-Human Sciences-Child Development (Former Employee), Starkville, MSNovember 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits and great people to work with.
Cons: no room for raises.
Manage classroom setting. Plan and implement lesson plans, ensure that all lesson plans are developmentally appropriate for each child. Keep daily logs for parents to review at the end of the child’s day. Keep portfolio’s consisting of the children’s progress and assessments as well as copies of the children work. Attend parent/teacher conferences, – more... school events and employee trainings. Work under ECERS/ITERS quality rating system. Interact with children, parents, and staff. This position was located on a college campus and therefore was given the opportunity to teach college lab students the hands-on experience of what was taught in lecture. – less
Lost Funding and my PhD Adviser
Instructor of Record (Former Employee), Starkville, MSOctober 30, 2014
Pros: make your own work schedule
Cons: micro-managed, not well paid, over-worked as a graduate student
Not a very healthy environment to work. The staff and faculty were negative and I did not enjoy my tenure at this institution
Productive working environment with endless opportunities for learning and expansion of knowledge base
Instructor of Record/Lecturer (Former Employee), Mississippi State, MSOctober 29, 2014
I loved working with Mississippi State. Teaching was one of my greatest joys and passions. At MSU, I was surrounded by intelligent people with a diverse range of backgrounds, research interests, and job/teaching experience so it was easy to learn new things from so many knowledgeable people.
I Grew Up There
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - R & E CENTER (Former Employee), Raymond, MSOctober 10, 2014
I was young and just leaving college when I began working there. It helped me tremendously as a guideline to what a great working environment should be.
Not a friendly/ supportive environement.
Field Technical Assistant (Current Employee), Jackson, MSSeptember 27, 2014
This job open my eyes to the work force and to people in general.
Welcoming Atmosphere
AmeriCorps VISTA (Current Employee), Starkville, MSSeptember 25, 2014
Working at MSU as an AmeriCorps VISTA has been a great experience. I feel I have grown both personally and professionally.

Everyone has been extremely welcoming and encouraging.
Archaeology
Intern (Former Employee), StarkvilleSeptember 23, 2014
Great experience. Dr. Herrmann was a great instructor for us and really taught us how to accurately do the job well.
A good place for student workers
Information Assistant (Former Employee), Starkville, MSSeptember 16, 2014
Creates a helpful and supportive network for workers to exceed.
Very Friendly Work Environment
a) Teaching assistant (Former Employee), Starkville, MSAugust 18, 2014
The work Environment is great MSU kinesiology. Also I liked teaching the students. Overall I enjoyed the Job
great learning experience
Administrative Assistant, Kinesiology Department (Former Employee), Mississippi State, MSAugust 4, 2014
I love this job, it was a great learning experience. everyone was willing to teach. I loved helping students plan their future.
Productive Day
America Reads-MS, Office Associate (Former Employee), Starkville, MSJuly 16, 2014
Pros: take free classes up to 6 hrs
Cons: not been able to complete degree
Had a productive day at work; got all goals accomplished. MSU is a very productive place to work for.
Excellent environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Starkville, MSJuly 2, 2014
Researched plants and mowing differences, along with wildlife movements along highways
Great place to gain experience
Research Associate II (Former Employee), Stoneville, MSJune 25, 2014
Opportunity for diverse research and to develop skills as a research scientist
Productive & fun workplace
Intramural Official (Former Employee), Mississippi State, MSJune 21, 2014
Pros: knowledge and experience
Cons: no matter how well you officiated a game it can never be perfect
Officiated flag football, basketball, soccer, & softball. Called fouls, gave techs, and officiated very fair each night. I've learned that not all individuals are capable of the same athleticism and that you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. Co workers all looked to me for advance on how to become a better a official each night. Hardest part of – more... the job was officiating teams or people I knew and worrying about the opposing team feeling as if I'm being biased. The most enjoyable part of the job was reffing a fair and clean game. – less
Peaceful learning environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Starkville, MSJune 12, 2014
One of the best place i ever studied. lot of scope to meet several people from various disciples. I have learn a lot during my doctoral program.
Good work environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Starkville, MSApril 20, 2014
Flexible hours, are given tasks and little hands on guidance which is fine by me.
Productive job with more pros than cons.
Residence Hall Information Assistant (Current Employee), Starkville, MSMarch 28, 2014
Pros: technology, food, can do homework, etc. are allowed at the desk.
Cons: graveyard shifts, 24 hours a wk max, no summer employment
Overall, this job is very diverse as it includes people from many different culture populations. This job is great for me because it helps so much with daily life expenses.

A typical day at work is usually pretty dull; it all depends on which shift I'm working and which building I'm working the shift. It's always the same with packages, visitor check-ins, – more... lock-outs, monitoring the lobby, etc.

What I learned at work is how to create a balance in time from school, working hours to afford the cost of living off-campus, and how to create time to be involved in my organizations.

The management has always been great. I've never really had a problem because I fulfill my job duties and I'm always punctual with attendance and times of shifts.

My co-workers and I pretty much have a good relationship. A lot of us doesn't know one another personally, but we still communicate well and we all get along well with one another.

The hardest part of my job is working the graveyard shifts and having to attend classes. It has been pretty rough over the years, but I have no complaints because my grades are still great in spite of. Another thing that was hard for me is, not being able to work this job during the summer because I love working when I can. Lastly, as much as I like to work, we only are allowed to work 24 hours maximum as a college student because our supervisor doesn't want this job to interfere with school. It's hard to do so when so many people send out emails giving away shifts.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the flexibility, communication, and accessibility to do school-related work (i.e.,studying, homework, projects, etc.). It's flexible because I can tailor my hours to fit my busy schedule. Communication is a plus due to access via email and GroupMe to help exchange or giveaway of unwanted and/or needed hours to other IA's. The access of being able to do school-related work helps me so much because I often times have a lot to juggle and being able to "kill two birds with one stone," has been a major plus throughout my schooling here @ MSU.

Lastly, I love having access to my computer at work because it helps with things as this. :) – less
Amazing experience. Fun atmosphere and environment.
Information Assistant (Former Employee), Mississippi State UniverisityMarch 12, 2014
Pros: easy, very littly standing.
Cons: no breaks
- Assisted residents/students/visitors with information about housing and the University. Led and held numerous fund raisors and events.

- Learned how to be patient, also learned how to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.

- Management is great and very professional.

1 2 3 4