Mississippi State University Employee Reviews

SI Leader (Current Employee) –  Mississippi State University, MSMay 22, 2017
As a college student, working for the university has really allowed me to expand my work experience. Everyone is very friendly and they are flexible around your class schedule. It has been a great place to work.
Telecommunication Operator (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMay 15, 2017
I got to meet several really nice coworker and hopefully, get my career moving forward. I can utilize the skills that I have learned.It offered me an opportunity to apply my educational studies. I was able to train and advise others.
Pros
professional environment
Cons
Need career advancement
Good for Anyone Interested in Research
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMay 12, 2017
-The job varies depending on who you have, but one consistancy is writing up your findings, which is comparable to covering yourself in colorful paper, walking into a room filled with preschoolers high on expresso, and informing them you are a pinata.

-However, it was excellent for learning how scientific research works.
Pros
Fantastic way to be introduced to a new line of work
Cons
Writing research results is terrible
Productive fun place
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSMay 11, 2017
It is a great place to work as a college student. It allows you do homework while you are getting paid. It has been a great experience for me. It is the perfect job for me
Pros
Not too demanding
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and Innovative Place to Work
Athletic Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMay 11, 2017
Throughout my internship at MSU athletics, I learned what it means to integrate university athletics with the local community. MSU revolutionizes college athletics, and I am proud to have been an intern.
Compliance Intern
Athletic Compliance Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMay 3, 2017
I was very fortunate to work alongside professionals in the NCAA Compliance industry while completing my coursework. It was a challenging fast paced environment.
High quality education
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSMay 1, 2017
Pretty good higher educational institution in the South of the USA. Very strong programs addressed to people interested in getting high quality education to succeed in the life
Pros
Very accessible and high quality education
Cons
Very busy life to handle the courses
Fun place to work
Field Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSApril 25, 2017
Fun place to work. Always learning something new, I enjoyed traveling and meeting new people. Had the opportunity to go back to school and received my master's.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Couldn't move up fast
productive and responsible workforce
Mitchell Memorial Student Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSApril 19, 2017
Working at Mississippi State's Library gives great learning experience everyday. Responsibility is given for opening and closing procedures and often creates great costumer services skills by working with guests and students with the computer software. The workforce is a great environment to be involved in everyday and the tasks are simple.
Great college.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSApril 13, 2017
Working in a college environment as assistant to a dean was very fun, interesting, and learning. The professor and staff were very professional and taught me many different office procedures and use of various office machines. Enjoyed working with this staff.
Pros
Excellent college.
Cons
None.
I did not work at Mississippi State, I went to school there.
Student (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSApril 6, 2017
I enjoyed attending school at MSU. I went to school there, I did not work there. I am not sure what I am supposed to be writing, seeing that I did not actually work there.
I worked at night so it was nice and quiet and I was able to get my studies done
Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State University, MSApril 3, 2017
It's a great job for minimum wage but there is no room for advancement. Its a good job that can give you time to get homework done while you're working
Endless Educational Opportunities But Lack of Leadership Career Development
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSMarch 24, 2017
The university is top-heavy with highly paid male executives, many of whom are not adding value or leading in innovation and improvement. There is also a lack of funding when it comes to personal career development. Social activities and environment could be better. Since this is a university, there are endless learning opportunities, and you can obtain a degree while employed.
Pros
Paid Time Off, Learning Opportunities, Co-workers, Paid college education
Cons
Family Growth Support, Flexible Work Hours, Salary Satisfaction, Ability to Telecommute
Simple Life
Head Strength and Conditioning Coach (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSMarch 24, 2017
The university is excellent and the people are amazing. The town of Starkville offers very little in terms of entertainment. For adventurous and outgoing activities you have to travel 2 hours to Jackson, MS, Memphis, TN, or Birmingham, Al.
A typical day
Technical Assistant Trainee (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSMarch 22, 2017
A typical day working at Mississippi State was very interesting. You never knew who you were going to meet. My job was to go into different daycare's around the state and observe how they did different things and if I saw they needed help or improvement in certain areas I showed them the proper way.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Traveling
Great place to get real world experience
Student (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMarch 9, 2017
It was a great to learn tricks of your trade while at the same time gaining real world experiences. Your education is invaluable and what I learned helped me to be confident in my work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Good place to grow up in science and get prepared for joining industrial companies
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMarch 2, 2017
MSU is a quiet place with a friendly environment.
The laboratories that I worked in were equipped with new devices and people were so helpful.
Football Strength and Conditioning Intern (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSFebruary 20, 2017
Fun productive work place. Was a great intern opportunity. Learned all aspects of sports training including exercise programing, speed school, and competitive agilities.
School tutor great for learning to teach
Tutor for Mississippi State (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSFebruary 19, 2017
I was able to learn how to teach and have different ways of explaining material. Calculus 1 was the course I was assigned to tutor, but I was also help with any Electrical and Computer Engineering courses.
Pros
Fun, social, great school
Great Job
Field Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSFebruary 8, 2017
Great job, great perks. Loved every minute of it. I met very nice individuals. Learned a lot. very diverse culture. management kind of shaky depending on who your supervisor is. the most enjoyable part is meeting new people and helping others. however, the position i held was under a grant so the saddest part was being laid off due to he grant not being refunded.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mississippi State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4