Mississippi State University

Mississippi State University Employer Reviews

Productive Day
America Reads-MS, Office Associate (Former Employee), Starkville, MSJuly 16, 2014
Pros: take free classes up to 6 hrs
Cons: not been able to complete degree
Had a productive day at work; got all goals accomplished. MSU is a very productive place to work for.
Excellent environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Starkville, MSJuly 2, 2014
Researched plants and mowing differences, along with wildlife movements along highways
Great place to gain experience
Research Associate II (Former Employee), Stoneville, MSJune 25, 2014
Opportunity for diverse research and to develop skills as a research scientist
Productive & fun workplace
Intramural Official (Former Employee), Mississippi State, MSJune 21, 2014
Pros: knowledge and experience
Cons: no matter how well you officiated a game it can never be perfect
Officiated flag football, basketball, soccer, & softball. Called fouls, gave techs, and officiated very fair each night. I've learned that not all individuals are capable of the same athleticism and that you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. Co workers all looked to me for advance on how to become a better a official each night. Hardest part of – more... the job was officiating teams or people I knew and worrying about the opposing team feeling as if I'm being biased. The most enjoyable part of the job was reffing a fair and clean game. – less
Peaceful learning environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Starkville, MSJune 12, 2014
One of the best place i ever studied. lot of scope to meet several people from various disciples. I have learn a lot during my doctoral program.
Good work environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Starkville, MSApril 20, 2014
Flexible hours, are given tasks and little hands on guidance which is fine by me.
Productive job with more pros than cons.
Residence Hall Information Assistant (Current Employee), Starkville, MSMarch 28, 2014
Pros: technology, food, can do homework, etc. are allowed at the desk.
Cons: graveyard shifts, 24 hours a wk max, no summer employment
Overall, this job is very diverse as it includes people from many different culture populations. This job is great for me because it helps so much with daily life expenses.

A typical day at work is usually pretty dull; it all depends on which shift I'm working and which building I'm working the shift. It's always the same with packages, visitor check-ins, – more... lock-outs, monitoring the lobby, etc.

What I learned at work is how to create a balance in time from school, working hours to afford the cost of living off-campus, and how to create time to be involved in my organizations.

The management has always been great. I've never really had a problem because I fulfill my job duties and I'm always punctual with attendance and times of shifts.

My co-workers and I pretty much have a good relationship. A lot of us doesn't know one another personally, but we still communicate well and we all get along well with one another.

The hardest part of my job is working the graveyard shifts and having to attend classes. It has been pretty rough over the years, but I have no complaints because my grades are still great in spite of. Another thing that was hard for me is, not being able to work this job during the summer because I love working when I can. Lastly, as much as I like to work, we only are allowed to work 24 hours maximum as a college student because our supervisor doesn't want this job to interfere with school. It's hard to do so when so many people send out emails giving away shifts.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the flexibility, communication, and accessibility to do school-related work (i.e.,studying, homework, projects, etc.). It's flexible because I can tailor my hours to fit my busy schedule. Communication is a plus due to access via email and GroupMe to help exchange or giveaway of unwanted and/or needed hours to other IA's. The access of being able to do school-related work helps me so much because I often times have a lot to juggle and being able to "kill two birds with one stone," has been a major plus throughout my schooling here @ MSU.

Lastly, I love having access to my computer at work because it helps with things as this. :) – less
Amazing experience. Fun atmosphere and environment.
Information Assistant (Former Employee), Mississippi State UniverisityMarch 12, 2014
Pros: easy, very littly standing.
Cons: no breaks
- Assisted residents/students/visitors with information about housing and the University. Led and held numerous fund raisors and events.

- Learned how to be patient, also learned how to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.

- Management is great and very professional.
HVAC company
Research Interviewer/Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Starkville, MSMarch 5, 2014
Good pay with bonus, sort of seedy location but excellent service techs.
Good platform with lots of opportunities
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Mississippi State, MSFebruary 4, 2014
• Very good people to work with
• Rewarding tasks
• Learned a great deal on thermal analysis, Solidworks, ANSYS FLUENT, ANSYS Structural
Fun and very good experience
Camp counselor (Former Employee), mississippi state, msDecember 17, 2013
It was fun and I learned a great deal. I got to be around children and help them with stuff dealing with wildlife and outdoor sports like fly fishing. It helped me as well. We were outside for the most part. My co-workers were great. I enjoyed the activities. It was just a bit of a struggle getting up so early after having a long previous day.
Great Place
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Mississippi State, MSNovember 22, 2013
My time working for my alma mater was great. Mississippi State University is a great place to work and attend school. I would recommend it to anyone.
Great Communication and Friendships
MARKETING DEPARTMENT INTERN (Current Employee), Starkville, MSOctober 17, 2013
A typical day at work is basically just get out and interact with the students. We just try to get them involved in some activities and the bonus is that they get certain prices for free. I have learned that the more you interact with the people the more they feel comfortable and then you feel comfortable. Its hard to explain something if you feel uncomfortable. – more... Management is amazing they help schedule around my school. I love coming into work. My co-workers are awesome, friendly, and ready to help if you need any help. The hardest part of this job is moving all the thing we use for a certain event. I love talking to people and getting to know a little about them and how we can improve in their opinion. – less
Overall satisfying job otherwise nothing
Secretary Assistant (Former Employee), Starkville, MSSeptember 13, 2013
The typical day at work began early and usually ended late. There were many files made and many errands ran (on foot in the scorching heat). Nothing was ever good enough for the help that was given. Helping the incoming students was a no no or even talking to them friendly. Not a very long break and also no time for a personal life. Management was very – more... horrible and I normally had no co-workers. Management had a pick and choose complex and if you weren't like by your attitude; you were stuck with another set of work. The hardest part of the job was keeping my personality bland and as conformed and the most enjoyable part of the job was the students. The students kept it lively and fun. – less
Fun staff to work with, and they are always there to help
Financial Aid Work Study (Former Employee), Starkville, MSSeptember 5, 2013
I really enjoyed working my work study job. I met a lot of great friends.
Affordable University
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Starkville, MSAugust 24, 2013
High volume of research in a isolated place. has cheap tuition.
It is productive and fun place
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Mississippi State, MSAugust 12, 2013
It is a nice place to work and enjoy the life. I like the environment and people there
Loved my time here
Computational Chemistry Researcher (Former Employee), Starkville, MSAugust 7, 2013
While at Mississippi State University, I met individuals that will be friends for a lifetime. The campus is just as beautiful as the individuals at the university.
Student Librarian
Reference Student Assistant (Former Employee), Starkville, MSAugust 4, 2013
I typical day at work consisted of shelving books, answering the phones, assisting students in finding informations from book to articles to journals. I learned a lot about the patience needed to find what you are looking for. My co workers were fellow students who were just as hard working. The hardest part about working there seemed to be nothing. – more... Not that it was challenging but nothing seemed to hard. I loved everything about that job. – less
Great company to work for
Project Assistant (Former Employee), Starkville, MSAugust 1, 2013
Pros: flexible, laid back, great experience
Cons: the pay is competitive but you wont get rich
I was equipped and ready for industry after my training at MSU
My professors were very knowledgeable and helpful
recommended to anyone interested