Mississippi State University Employee Reviews

School tutor great for learning to teach
Tutor for Mississippi State (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSFebruary 19, 2017
I was able to learn how to teach and have different ways of explaining material. Calculus 1 was the course I was assigned to tutor, but I was also help with any Electrical and Computer Engineering courses.
Pros
Fun, social, great school
Great Job
Field Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSFebruary 8, 2017
Great job, great perks. Loved every minute of it. I met very nice individuals. Learned a lot. very diverse culture. management kind of shaky depending on who your supervisor is. the most enjoyable part is meeting new people and helping others. however, the position i held was under a grant so the saddest part was being laid off due to he grant not being refunded.
Graduate school
Adviser (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSJanuary 28, 2017
Great place to go to school and work. Obviously difficulties arise in gradschool but the support system of staff and peers make the experience mostly enjoyable.
Great place to work for. Wonderul and caring staff that gelled like family.
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durant, MSJanuary 24, 2017
Working for Mississippi State University was an honor. This job afforded me the opportunity to work with and meet people from all walks of life. The diversity encountered on this job has made me a better person today. The supervisors were genuinely concerned and they went out of there way to make sure you had every thing you needed to do your job. Our program funding ended and this is the reason I'm now searching for new employment.
Pros
Paid for 2 classes per sememester at the University
Cons
The pay could have been a little better
good work place
Field Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSJanuary 15, 2017
The place to work with great colleagues and where everyone worked together. I really enjoyed working on the beautiful campus. I enjoyed traveling and meeting new people and helping those that needed help in seeking some educational needs.
Great Benefits
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSDecember 20, 2016
Great benefits and extremely comparable Compensation. Wonderful Work Life Balance and Tuition assistance. Lots of available movement within. Time off, given and earned, are plentiful.
Mississippi
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSDecember 3, 2016
My experience teaching at Mississippi State University-Meridian Campus was mixed. I enjoyed the students, the size of the campus, the opportunity to work on research. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with students in Psi Chi, Psych Club, my research lab, and advising students for graduate school applications.
Pros
Small campus, easy parking, more one-on-one time with students.
Cons
Workload on the Meridian campus is three courses a semester, versus two courses on the Starkville campus, We do not have graduate assistants at the Meridian campus, but research expectations are the same as the main campus.
Working for Housing and Residence Life
Senior Resident Adviser (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSNovember 18, 2016
The University loves student workers. They desire to see each student succeed. It is a great job to gain a wide variety of skills that can transfer to many different fields.
Pros
Paid housing, meal plan and decent pay
Fun and rewarding
Information Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississippi State University, MSNovember 15, 2016
Working at Mississippi state as an information Assistant has been wonderful! It's an amazing way to meet new people and learn valuable work experience.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Parking
Bad place to work
Instrument Manager/ Instructor (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSNovember 10, 2016
Bad boss verbally abused me. Too much work for one person. Ran the department instrumentation, repaired it when it went down, taught labs, and operated the XRD instrument for department.
Great place to go to school
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSNovember 8, 2016
The opportunities offered to graduate students are second to none. This a great place to go to school and do research. The professors are helpful and give you as many tools as they can to help you succeeded.
Great University
Accounting Assistant/Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSOctober 18, 2016
Great university with wonderful instructors that work with students. The faculty/staff go above and beyond. Instructors really care about their students.
Solid working experience
Art Instructor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSOctober 3, 2016
Good atmosphere and solid company goals with opportunities for growth and expansion. Job security is readily available to diligent, good workers. Great management.
Pros
Decent to good pay, good management.
proactive
Field Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Summit, MSSeptember 10, 2016
This is a great place. Manage Office Provide workshops for directors, teachers, teacher assistance and floaters Provide technical assistance for classroom setup Provide activities for teachers to incorporate in the classroom Create lesson plans Create power points for training Training on CPS Clickers Plan calendars Traveling across Mississippi
Pros
lots of travel
Cons
lots of travel
Good research university
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSSeptember 6, 2016
All kinds of equipment I need is available and I enjoy the research work here. People here are nice and easy going. I have learned a lot in operating many equipment and learned how to take charge of the laboratory.
Love the University setting
Manager of Parking Services (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSAugust 1, 2016
I love working in an University setting. I love getting to meet new people and develop a working relationship with them.
Grads: Funding is always available in some departments
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSJuly 13, 2016
Advisers really do their best in making any research goals you set for yourself as reachable as possible. Some advisers really focus on getting your name out there through publications which after graduation is actually the most important thing to helping you get hired.
Good environment
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSJune 24, 2016
Flexible hours, very good with working with school hours. Good work environment overall. Good place to work while in school.
Love My Job
Contracts & Grants Specialist (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSJune 23, 2016
I love my job and the people I work with. I have been here a little over a year and working here has been an excellent choice. I wish I have stated here 15 years ago.
Pros
Great work enviornment.
Cons
Pay
Fun Workplace
Campus Landscape (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSJune 1, 2016
Going to my station , driving company vehicle, mowing lawns. The hardest part of the job is the heat. Overall great experiences from learning to use zero turn mower, tractor, tend lawns , and green house.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mississippi State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4