Mississippi State University

Mississippi State University Employee Reviews

Summer training for teachers across the state.
INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee), Starkville, MSApril 28, 2015
This was an interesting job because my lab was used to teach others across the state during the summer. They were also taught how to use technology in their classroom.
This temporary job was exciting and afforded me many opportunities for extending my education.
Intermittent Interfviewer (Former Employee), Starkville, MSApril 22, 2015
Pros: Getting to interact with all sorts of different people, going to travel to places I wouldn't have normally and working with a wonderful group of people.
Cons: This was just a temporary job that had no benefits, I wasn't able to be creative with the interviews.
This was an energetic and rewarding job that allowed me to interact with many different people. The atmosphere was fun and entertaining. The people I worked with were all very talented people who did their best to make me feel comfortable in my role as an interviewer. I was able to learn a wealth of people skills from these employees.
Mississippi State University is a great institution
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Starkville, MSMarch 13, 2015
I have nothing bad to say about the company. Great place to go to school. The professors are knowledgeable and care about their students. I recommend this university for anyone.
Great Working Environment
Assistant Head Track Coack (Former Employee), Starkville, MSMarch 9, 2015
Pros: great community/ campus life
Cons: traveling a lot
Working at Mississippi State University, I served as an assistant track coach. I coached sprinters and relay teams. I learned that athletes can be developed into national competitors with the proper developmental programs, and the best equipment. Working at an outstanding University enabled me to further my education. The hardest part was traveling and attending graduate school. The most enjoyable part was about the job was making friends and living in a quiet but exciting community.
Great Place
Coordinator of Recruiting Operations (Former Employee), Starkville, MSFebruary 16, 2015
Mississippi State is an opportunity to work in the SEC and a traditionally rich football state. Great opportunity and learned alot at this institution.
A wonderful atmosphere. Team oriented work place.
Senior Research Associate (Current Employee), This community is centered around the University.February 4, 2015
Pros: flexibility of hours
Cons: parking is expensive and you are not guaranteed a spot even though you a high price for the decal.
A team family co-workers. It is a great place where you can be yourself. A great group of people to work with day to day. A typical day usually involves management of laboratory projects, whether it is processing samples or training students on procedures. Always checking emails for visa reports, checking invoices for delivery, processing orders to purchase. Manage payments of orders and monthly statements. Maintain grant budgets. The hardest part of the job is when there a big project with many samples, makes for a long tiring day. The best part of the job is the people and flexibility of the job.
Good place to acquire relevant and quality education.
Graduate Teaching Assistant/Tutor (Current Employee), Starkville, MSJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: qualified instructors
Cons: short breaks
I am a morning person and since I came to Mississippi State University I have learned a lot from my instructors. Having been given the opportunity by the Department of Mathematics and Statistics as Graduate Assistant and to work at the Center for Statistical Consulting has enabled me to have a hands-on experience in handling real life data analysis work. I appreciate my colleagues who have always believed in Team Work. The hardest part of the job (teaching/consulting) is when I have a short time or duration to complete the tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things everyday.
Highly structured environment with well defined working goals
Student Athletic Trainer (Former Employee), Starkville, MSJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: team and goal oriented environment, free clothing and merchandise, books and tuition accounted for
Cons: extremely long working hours
As a student athletic trainer my duties involved the care of active and injured athletes for the school's football, basketball, soccer, and tennis programs. This included taping ankles, maintenance of hydration stations, stretching before activity, etc. The hours were extremely demanding (i.e. in many cases, especially game days, a fourteen hour work week) but the work was performed in a highly efficient and timely manner.
wonderful work environment
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Stoneville, MSDecember 16, 2014
all aspects of grounds and facility maintenance
Exciting and engaging environment
Assistant Professor (Former Employee), Mississippi State, MSDecember 3, 2014
Working with the students was a real pleasure. The students will always be the most engaging part of a faculty position.
Great place to work.
Head-Teacher-Human Sciences-Child Development (Former Employee), Starkville, MSNovember 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits and great people to work with.
Cons: no room for raises.
Manage classroom setting. Plan and implement lesson plans, ensure that all lesson plans are developmentally appropriate for each child. Keep daily logs for parents to review at the end of the child’s day. Keep portfolio’s consisting of the children’s progress and assessments as well as copies of the children work. Attend parent/teacher conferences, school events and employee trainings. Work under ECERS/ITERS quality rating system. Interact with children, parents, and staff. This position was located on a college campus and therefore was given the opportunity to teach college lab students the hands-on experience of what was taught in lecture.
Lost Funding and my PhD Adviser
Instructor of Record (Former Employee), Starkville, MSOctober 30, 2014
Pros: make your own work schedule
Cons: micro-managed, not well paid, over-worked as a graduate student
Not a very healthy environment to work. The staff and faculty were negative and I did not enjoy my tenure at this institution
Productive working environment with endless opportunities for learning and expansion of knowledge base
Instructor of Record/Lecturer (Former Employee), Mississippi State, MSOctober 29, 2014
I loved working with Mississippi State. Teaching was one of my greatest joys and passions. At MSU, I was surrounded by intelligent people with a diverse range of backgrounds, research interests, and job/teaching experience so it was easy to learn new things from so many knowledgeable people.
I Grew Up There
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - R & E CENTER (Former Employee), Raymond, MSOctober 10, 2014
I was young and just leaving college when I began working there. It helped me tremendously as a guideline to what a great working environment should be.
Not a friendly/ supportive environement.
Field Technical Assistant (Current Employee), Jackson, MSSeptember 27, 2014
This job open my eyes to the work force and to people in general.
Welcoming Atmosphere
AmeriCorps VISTA (Current Employee), Starkville, MSSeptember 25, 2014
Working at MSU as an AmeriCorps VISTA has been a great experience. I feel I have grown both personally and professionally.

Everyone has been extremely welcoming and encouraging.
Archaeology
Intern (Former Employee), StarkvilleSeptember 23, 2014
Great experience. Dr. Herrmann was a great instructor for us and really taught us how to accurately do the job well.
A good place for student workers
Information Assistant (Former Employee), Starkville, MSSeptember 16, 2014
Creates a helpful and supportive network for workers to exceed.
Very Friendly Work Environment
a) Teaching assistant (Former Employee), Starkville, MSAugust 18, 2014
The work Environment is great MSU kinesiology. Also I liked teaching the students. Overall I enjoyed the Job
great learning experience
Administrative Assistant, Kinesiology Department (Former Employee), Mississippi State, MSAugust 4, 2014
I love this job, it was a great learning experience. everyone was willing to teach. I loved helping students plan their future.

1 2 3 4 5