Mississippi State University

Mississippi State University Employer Reviews

Great Place
Coordinator of Recruiting Operations (Former Employee), Starkville, MSFebruary 16, 2015
Mississippi State is an opportunity to work in the SEC and a traditionally rich football state. Great opportunity and learned alot at this institution.
A wonderful atmosphere. Team oriented work place.
Senior Research Associate (Current Employee), This community is centered around the University.February 4, 2015
Pros: flexibility of hours
Cons: parking is expensive and you are not guaranteed a spot even though you a high price for the decal.
A team family co-workers. It is a great place where you can be yourself. A great group of people to work with day to day. A typical day usually involves management of laboratory projects, whether it is processing samples or training students on procedures. Always checking emails for visa reports, checking invoices for delivery, processing orders to purchase. Manage payments of orders and monthly statements. Maintain grant budgets. The hardest part of the job is when there a big project with many samples, makes for a long tiring day. The best part of the job is the people and flexibility of the job.
Good place to acquire relevant and quality education.
Graduate Teaching Assistant/Tutor (Current Employee), Starkville, MSJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: qualified instructors
Cons: short breaks
I am a morning person and since I came to Mississippi State University I have learned a lot from my instructors. Having been given the opportunity by the Department of Mathematics and Statistics as Graduate Assistant and to work at the Center for Statistical Consulting has enabled me to have a hands-on experience in handling real life data analysis work. I appreciate my colleagues who have always believed in Team Work. The hardest part of the job (teaching/consulting) is when I have a short time or duration to complete the tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things everyday.
Highly structured environment with well defined working goals
Student Athletic Trainer (Former Employee), Starkville, MSJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: team and goal oriented environment, free clothing and merchandise, books and tuition accounted for
Cons: extremely long working hours
As a student athletic trainer my duties involved the care of active and injured athletes for the school's football, basketball, soccer, and tennis programs. This included taping ankles, maintenance of hydration stations, stretching before activity, etc. The hours were extremely demanding (i.e. in many cases, especially game days, a fourteen hour work week) but the work was performed in a highly efficient and timely manner.
wonderful work environment
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Stoneville, MSDecember 16, 2014
all aspects of grounds and facility maintenance
Exciting and engaging environment
Assistant Professor (Former Employee), Mississippi State, MSDecember 3, 2014
Working with the students was a real pleasure. The students will always be the most engaging part of a faculty position.
Great place to work.
Head-Teacher-Human Sciences-Child Development (Former Employee), Starkville, MSNovember 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits and great people to work with.
Cons: no room for raises.
Manage classroom setting. Plan and implement lesson plans, ensure that all lesson plans are developmentally appropriate for each child. Keep daily logs for parents to review at the end of the child’s day. Keep portfolio’s consisting of the children’s progress and assessments as well as copies of the children work. Attend parent/teacher conferences, school events and employee trainings. Work under ECERS/ITERS quality rating system. Interact with children, parents, and staff. This position was located on a college campus and therefore was given the opportunity to teach college lab students the hands-on experience of what was taught in lecture.
Lost Funding and my PhD Adviser
Instructor of Record (Former Employee), Starkville, MSOctober 30, 2014
Pros: make your own work schedule
Cons: micro-managed, not well paid, over-worked as a graduate student
Not a very healthy environment to work. The staff and faculty were negative and I did not enjoy my tenure at this institution
Productive working environment with endless opportunities for learning and expansion of knowledge base
Instructor of Record/Lecturer (Former Employee), Mississippi State, MSOctober 29, 2014
I loved working with Mississippi State. Teaching was one of my greatest joys and passions. At MSU, I was surrounded by intelligent people with a diverse range of backgrounds, research interests, and job/teaching experience so it was easy to learn new things from so many knowledgeable people.
I Grew Up There
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - R & E CENTER (Former Employee), Raymond, MSOctober 10, 2014
I was young and just leaving college when I began working there. It helped me tremendously as a guideline to what a great working environment should be.
Not a friendly/ supportive environement.
Field Technical Assistant (Current Employee), Jackson, MSSeptember 27, 2014
This job open my eyes to the work force and to people in general.
Welcoming Atmosphere
AmeriCorps VISTA (Current Employee), Starkville, MSSeptember 25, 2014
Working at MSU as an AmeriCorps VISTA has been a great experience. I feel I have grown both personally and professionally.

Everyone has been extremely welcoming and encouraging.
Archaeology
Intern (Former Employee), StarkvilleSeptember 23, 2014
Great experience. Dr. Herrmann was a great instructor for us and really taught us how to accurately do the job well.
A good place for student workers
Information Assistant (Former Employee), Starkville, MSSeptember 16, 2014
Creates a helpful and supportive network for workers to exceed.
Very Friendly Work Environment
a) Teaching assistant (Former Employee), Starkville, MSAugust 18, 2014
The work Environment is great MSU kinesiology. Also I liked teaching the students. Overall I enjoyed the Job
great learning experience
Administrative Assistant, Kinesiology Department (Former Employee), Mississippi State, MSAugust 4, 2014
I love this job, it was a great learning experience. everyone was willing to teach. I loved helping students plan their future.
Excellent environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Starkville, MSJuly 2, 2014
Researched plants and mowing differences, along with wildlife movements along highways
Great place to gain experience
Research Associate II (Former Employee), Stoneville, MSJune 25, 2014
Opportunity for diverse research and to develop skills as a research scientist
Productive & fun workplace
Intramural Official (Former Employee), Mississippi State, MSJune 21, 2014
Pros: knowledge and experience
Cons: no matter how well you officiated a game it can never be perfect
Officiated flag football, basketball, soccer, & softball. Called fouls, gave techs, and officiated very fair each night. I've learned that not all individuals are capable of the same athleticism and that you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. Co workers all looked to me for advance on how to become a better a official each night. Hardest part of the job was officiating teams or people I knew and worrying about the opposing team feeling as if I'm being biased. The most enjoyable part of the job was reffing a fair and clean game.
Peaceful learning environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Starkville, MSJune 12, 2014
One of the best place i ever studied. lot of scope to meet several people from various disciples. I have learn a lot during my doctoral program.

1 2 3 4 5