Mississippi State University Employee Reviews

5 out of 5
Graduate Research Assistant /Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSAugust 16, 2017
People here are super friendly and very helpful if your looking for a great school or career this is the perfect place for you. The hours are great and the facility is clean.
Pros
Super Staff and Students
adequate
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSAugust 14, 2017
1. Assist with reviews of admissions processes, training manuals, and communication materials and provide recommendations for improvements and enhancements.
2. Assist with training workshops for academic units, providing training on admissions policies, processes, and best practices.
Great Summer job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MS 39759July 10, 2017
The Research and Curriculum unit would hire high school students to help Stuff information packages for a Summer conference for teachers. We helped direct teacher to their classes and also answered emergency phone lines.
Pros
Easy job
its a college
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSJuly 9, 2017
Its a college. I worked as a student during my degree. Was mostly independent so don't know much about management. Really can't accurately review a job from 10+ years ago.
Great Campus Job with Flexible Scheduling
Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSJuly 7, 2017
Most days were self explanatory. Do not fall asleep, be responsible, check guests in and out of the building, report lost or stolen items, and be on time.
Pros
free holidays, shift covers, and connections
Cons
Late shifts
An upcoming research college striving to impart the knowledge needed to survive in the workforce
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSJuly 6, 2017
An interesting workforce where professionals push you to strive for success, and to further your careers in your future endeavors. The local environment is instrumental in imparting the college experience to all that cross its threshold.
Everything's great.
Indoor (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSJune 30, 2017
Very rewarding. Management is great and easy to work with. Opportunities to gain different certifications with financial help from management. Love this job.
Being a part of MSU baseball taught me lessons in things much greater than monetary value.
Baseball Student-manager (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSJune 20, 2017
I loved the time I spent with the MSU baseball team. Being a part of the 2016 SEC Champion team taught me core lessons and values, like hard work, determination, and resiliance that I believe will translate into equal success in the work force.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
No free time
Great Work Environment
Web Designer (Current Employee) –  West Point, MS 39773June 19, 2017
MSU is a great institution to work for. During my time here, I have enjoyed the challenges that have been give to me on the job as well as the camaraderie that I have with my coworkers.
Fun and unique job atmosphere
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSJune 16, 2017
Working for a university there is hardly ever a "typical day". Each day was different providing unique opportunity and professional growth. I had a lot of professional freedom when it came to programs and displays I created and implemented throughout campus. Management was very easy to work with and our team had open and good communication throughout the day. We had a very strong team atmosphere knowing that we had to work together to get a lot of our events and programs successfully accomplished. Working for the Department of Health Promotion and Wellness was a great atmosphere because healthy habits were encouraged, such as "walking meetings". I loved being able to practice what we preached throughout campus, which was living healthy and happy!
Pros
Flexible scheduling, strong team atmosphere, being actively involved on campus
Very rewarding job
Student Manager (Former Employee) –  AthleticsJune 6, 2017
I feel that time I spent as at Mississippi State was very rewarding. I enjoyed the job as well as the balance of being a student. I would recommend working for Mississippi State.
MSU is a large good place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSJune 5, 2017
I enjoyed working at MSU and its an excellent school but the pay is not great. I worked with numerous software programs as well as desktop publishing and enjoyed interaction with different employees daily in my position.
Pros
benefits are great
Cons
pay is not great, parking deals are very expensive
Good
Student Graphic Designer and Photographer (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSMay 26, 2017
As a student, it was a great place to get my feet off the ground. I would recommend this job to students especially, but to full-time employment seekers as well. They have good benefits and job security. During the time I was there, there were very few employees to leave. Mostly just people retiring or having to relocate for the sake of family.
SI Leader (Current Employee) –  Mississippi State University, MSMay 22, 2017
As a college student, working for the university has really allowed me to expand my work experience. Everyone is very friendly and they are flexible around your class schedule. It has been a great place to work.
Telecommunication Operator (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMay 15, 2017
I got to meet several really nice coworker and hopefully, get my career moving forward. I can utilize the skills that I have learned.It offered me an opportunity to apply my educational studies. I was able to train and advise others.
Pros
professional environment
Cons
Need career advancement
Good for Anyone Interested in Research
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMay 12, 2017
-The job varies depending on who you have, but one consistancy is writing up your findings, which is comparable to covering yourself in colorful paper, walking into a room filled with preschoolers high on expresso, and informing them you are a pinata.

-However, it was excellent for learning how scientific research works.
Pros
Fantastic way to be introduced to a new line of work
Cons
Writing research results is terrible
Productive fun place
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSMay 11, 2017
It is a great place to work as a college student. It allows you do homework while you are getting paid. It has been a great experience for me. It is the perfect job for me
Pros
Not too demanding
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and Innovative Place to Work
Athletic Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMay 11, 2017
Throughout my internship at MSU athletics, I learned what it means to integrate university athletics with the local community. MSU revolutionizes college athletics, and I am proud to have been an intern.
Compliance Intern
Athletic Compliance Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMay 3, 2017
I was very fortunate to work alongside professionals in the NCAA Compliance industry while completing my coursework. It was a challenging fast paced environment.
High quality education
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSMay 1, 2017
Pretty good higher educational institution in the South of the USA. Very strong programs addressed to people interested in getting high quality education to succeed in the life
Pros
Very accessible and high quality education
Cons
Very busy life to handle the courses