Mississippi State University Employee Reviews in United States

A wonderful atmosphere. Team oriented work place.
Senior Research Associate (Current Employee) –  This community is centered around the University.February 4, 2015
A team family co-workers. It is a great place where you can be yourself. A great group of people to work with day to day. A typical day usually involves management of laboratory projects, whether it is processing samples or training students on procedures. Always checking emails for visa reports, checking invoices for delivery, processing orders to purchase. Manage payments of orders and monthly statements. Maintain grant budgets. The hardest part of the job is when there a big project with many samples, makes for a long tiring day. The best part of the job is the people and flexibility of the job.
Pros
flexibility of hours
Cons
parking is expensive and you are not guaranteed a spot even though you a high price for the decal.
Work
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSOctober 30, 2015
I didn't get paid for the job. This was just a good way to gain some experience teaching other students technology. Taught software and hardware related material to undergrad students.
Friendly office with an easy going atmosphere
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSJune 5, 2015
A typical day of work consisted of sitting at my desk logging in and out accounting document, answering telephone calls and helping with any extra work that needed to be done. The management was very friendly and so were my co-workers.
Great school and employer
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSSeptember 21, 2015
I received two degrees from MSU and work here for 5 years. They have a supportive staff that encourages learning. The hours are flexible and opportunities for learning are vast.
Excellent place to start your education
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSJune 10, 2015
Attended MSU as a grad student, enjoyed interacting with colleagues and students. Allowed me to gain experience and student teach.
Pros
Professional environment with lots of support
Cons
Salary
Great Work Experience
Professor's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MississippiAugust 20, 2015
I helped organized files and grades students' assignments and tests. I learned how to communicate with students and help clean work space. The hardest part of the job was grading senior projects. I enjoyed grading the student's assignments and see what they have learned.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
stress of grading papers
Great Communication and Friendships
MARKETING DEPARTMENT INTERN (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSOctober 17, 2013
A typical day at work is basically just get out and interact with the students. We just try to get them involved in some activities and the bonus is that they get certain prices for free. I have learned that the more you interact with the people the more they feel comfortable and then you feel comfortable. Its hard to explain something if you feel uncomfortable. Management is amazing they help schedule around my school. I love coming into work. My co-workers are awesome, friendly, and ready to help if you need any help. The hardest part of this job is moving all the thing we use for a certain event. I love talking to people and getting to know a little about them and how we can improve in their opinion.
A great environiment to work at.
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Politicital Science and Public AdministrationJuly 31, 2015
A regular day or work would be with periods of breaks when the office was not busy and no breaks or extended lunch periods when office is very busy. The most enjoyable part of the job were providing services to the students.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
not enough direct training in the beginning
A wonderful and diverse place of employment. I had the opportunity to interact with many types of people and nationalities.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSJune 21, 2012
I learned many things during my tenure at Mississippi State University. I learned the system of operating and running an academic office, how to help students exceed in their academics by assisting in class scheduling, assist faculty and staff in academic testing and evaluations, ordering and stocking supplies for an academic department. I was the 'face' of both the Psychology and Chemistry departments at MSU, I routed all phone calls, appointments, vendors, ect to their desired destinations.. I was a liason between faculty/staff/department head and student parents. I truly enjoyed the experience of working at MSU.
Pros
wonderful benefits, access to many athletic events, tuition discounts, extended holidays
Overall satisfying job otherwise nothing
Secretary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSSeptember 13, 2013
The typical day at work began early and usually ended late. There were many files made and many errands ran (on foot in the scorching heat). Nothing was ever good enough for the help that was given. Helping the incoming students was a no no or even talking to them friendly. Not a very long break and also no time for a personal life. Management was very horrible and I normally had no co-workers. Management had a pick and choose complex and if you weren't like by your attitude; you were stuck with another set of work. The hardest part of the job was keeping my personality bland and as conformed and the most enjoyable part of the job was the students. The students kept it lively and fun.
Productive and fun place to work
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMay 7, 2012
I worked as a student worker in two department of Mississippi State University. I worked in the Global Leadership Continuum, where I assissted in three leadership programs. I was responsible for inventory and helping organize leadership luncheons and benefits. My co-workers were very kind and helpful. I also worked in the Higher Education Institution, where I was responsible for contacting all the principals and superintendants in the MS school districts. I sent information about colleges to each school distirct and individual school. I enjoyed working with the team in that department.
Great coworkers and hard working supei
Alcohol/Drug Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSJune 23, 2015
Mississippi State University: Department of Health Education and Wellness helped me find my passion. I like being an Health Educator. I never knew that motivational interviewing could be so fun!
Pros
The immense amount of information learned.
Cons
There are always assignments to complete. The environment is always busy.
Good place to acquire relevant and quality education.
Graduate Teaching Assistant/Tutor (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSJanuary 29, 2015
I am a morning person and since I came to Mississippi State University I have learned a lot from my instructors. Having been given the opportunity by the Department of Mathematics and Statistics as Graduate Assistant and to work at the Center for Statistical Consulting has enabled me to have a hands-on experience in handling real life data analysis work. I appreciate my colleagues who have always believed in Team Work. The hardest part of the job (teaching/consulting) is when I have a short time or duration to complete the tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things everyday.
Pros
qualified instructors
Cons
short breaks
Great Working Environment
Assistant Head Track Coack (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMarch 9, 2015
Working at Mississippi State University, I served as an assistant track coach. I coached sprinters and relay teams. I learned that athletes can be developed into national competitors with the proper developmental programs, and the best equipment. Working at an outstanding University enabled me to further my education. The hardest part was traveling and attending graduate school. The most enjoyable part was about the job was making friends and living in a quiet but exciting community.
Pros
great community/ campus life
Cons
traveling a lot
Highly structured environment with well defined working goals
Student Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSJanuary 5, 2015
As a student athletic trainer my duties involved the care of active and injured athletes for the school's football, basketball, soccer, and tennis programs. This included taping ankles, maintenance of hydration stations, stretching before activity, etc. The hours were extremely demanding (i.e. in many cases, especially game days, a fourteen hour work week) but the work was performed in a highly efficient and timely manner.
Pros
team and goal oriented environment, free clothing and merchandise, books and tuition accounted for
Cons
extremely long working hours
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville MsApril 16, 2012
A typical day was relaxed but busy, I learned a more in debt aspect of administrative work. The management were very organized and professional. My co-worker was a very cool guy I enjoyed working with him. There wasn't a hard part of the job because I felt I could accomplish any part of any task that was given to me.
Pros
great work place
Amazing experience. Fun atmosphere and environment.
Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State UniverisityMarch 12, 2014
- Assisted residents/students/visitors with information about housing and the University. Led and held numerous fund raisors and events.

- Learned how to be patient, also learned how to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.

- Management is great and very professional.
Pros
easy, very littly standing.
Cons
no breaks
Lost Funding and my PhD Adviser
Instructor of Record (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSOctober 30, 2014
Not a very healthy environment to work. The staff and faculty were negative and I did not enjoy my tenure at this institution
Pros
make your own work schedule
Cons
micro-managed, not well paid, over-worked as a graduate student
Great company to work for
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSAugust 1, 2013
I was equipped and ready for industry after my training at MSU
My professors were very knowledgeable and helpful
recommended to anyone interested
Pros
flexible, laid back, great experience
Cons
the pay is competitive but you wont get rich
Fun interactive work environment with friendly individuals
Financial Aid Department Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSApril 18, 2012
Coworkers were nice and helpful. I learned how to better deal with customer service issues. Management was wonderful. There was nothing hard about the job the only prpblem i found was the hours were only limited to part time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mississippi State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4