Mississippi State University Employee Reviews in United States

College Job
Conference Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSSeptember 24, 2012
Perfect job for current college students. Provides the opportunity to learn responsibility and time management. Free housing, discounted meals, campus involvement, lasting relationships, extra money for books and classes.
Pros
free housing, extra money for school
Cons
n/a
Very Professional and Scientific
Intermittent Employee (Current Employee) –  MSAugust 5, 2012
Very interesting work experience doing science methods and practices as telemetry, electrofishing anf fish tagging. Hardest part of the job is to work long hours during the night. Most enjoyable part is to work in the outdoors with very professional co workers.
Mississippi State University is a great institution
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSMarch 13, 2015
I have nothing bad to say about the company. Great place to go to school. The professors are knowledgeable and care about their students. I recommend this university for anyone.
Fun workplacewith likeable coworkers and superiors.
Research Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSAugust 7, 2012
A day at the MSU Chemical Engineering Department would consist of working in a lab, learning to use different kinds of equipment and reporting results to the heads of the department. All my superiors were very friendly, and my coworkers couldn't have been nicer. I honestly can't think of a "hardest part of the job", because everything was prevented in such a fun way. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to use all the equipment.
Pros
great pay, great coworkers, fun tasks.
Cons
only a temporary job.
Amazing experience. Fun atmosphere and environment.
Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State UniverisityMarch 12, 2014
- Assisted residents/students/visitors with information about housing and the University. Led and held numerous fund raisors and events.

- Learned how to be patient, also learned how to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.

- Management is great and very professional.
Pros
easy, very littly standing.
Cons
no breaks
Productive work environment, can at times be overwhelming
Aramark Concessions Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMay 7, 2012
Working for Aramark Concessions was my first real part-time job. It was a fun job overall. Occasionally I was met with difficult tasks, but most of the time other employees were there to assist me if the task was too difficult. As this job pertained to baseball and football games at MSU, customer rushes could quickly get overwhelming, but were nearly always manageable.
Pros
mostly simple tasks, good food, nice staff
Cons
moving kiosk trailers by hand, overwhelming customers during rushes
Lost Funding and my PhD Adviser
Instructor of Record (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSOctober 30, 2014
Not a very healthy environment to work. The staff and faculty were negative and I did not enjoy my tenure at this institution
Pros
make your own work schedule
Cons
micro-managed, not well paid, over-worked as a graduate student
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville MsApril 16, 2012
A typical day was relaxed but busy, I learned a more in debt aspect of administrative work. The management were very organized and professional. My co-worker was a very cool guy I enjoyed working with him. There wasn't a hard part of the job because I felt I could accomplish any part of any task that was given to me.
Pros
great work place
Productive working environment with endless opportunities for learning and expansion of knowledge base
Instructor of Record/Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSOctober 29, 2014
I loved working with Mississippi State. Teaching was one of my greatest joys and passions. At MSU, I was surrounded by intelligent people with a diverse range of backgrounds, research interests, and job/teaching experience so it was easy to learn new things from so many knowledgeable people.
Fun interactive work environment with friendly individuals
Financial Aid Department Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSApril 18, 2012
Coworkers were nice and helpful. I learned how to better deal with customer service issues. Management was wonderful. There was nothing hard about the job the only prpblem i found was the hours were only limited to part time.
Challenging and Productive
Student Trainer (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSApril 12, 2012
 Student trainer for football
o Provided practice and game coverage
 Student trainer for Men’s Basketball
o Carried out surgical Transportations and follow-ups
 Student Trainer for Track & Field
o Assisted in treatments and rehabilitations

Hardest part of Job: Balancing hours and maintaining a full-time student status
Pros
sporting events, experience, scholorship
Great Place
Coordinator of Recruiting Operations (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSFebruary 16, 2015
Mississippi State is an opportunity to work in the SEC and a traditionally rich football state. Great opportunity and learned alot at this institution.
Student Librarian
Reference Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSAugust 4, 2013
I typical day at work consisted of shelving books, answering the phones, assisting students in finding informations from book to articles to journals. I learned a lot about the patience needed to find what you are looking for. My co workers were fellow students who were just as hard working. The hardest part about working there seemed to be nothing. Not that it was challenging but nothing seemed to hard. I loved everything about that job.
Good Research with Excellent faculty and staff
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSJanuary 16, 2013
Mississippi State University is one of the best land grant universities in U.S.A. where students work hard and at the same time enjoy their life.
Productive and fun workplace
Event Services (Current Employee) –  Starkvill, MSJuly 25, 2012
A typical day at work would be setting up events for the school. The things that I have gasped would be a fast pace of the job and putting up a tent. My co-workers are the best. The hardest part of the job would be nothing for me because every moment was great for me. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing all the great work we accomplished for the day and seeing all of the Mississippi State fans happy.
Pros
free lunches, etc.
Cons
short breaks
Creative and Hardworking group
Research assistant (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSJune 21, 2012
Typical work responsibilities include
- Come up with a new project ideas having scientific importance
- Design hypothesis and plan the experiments to test the
hypothesis
- Analyze the data and draw the sensible conclusions
- Publish the work in peer reviewed journals
- Guide the team of undergraduates and new graduates
- Conduct the responsibilities of lab manager like conducting
group meetings, monitoring the safety issues etc
Quiet, close knit environment nice co-workers
Office Assistant College of Architecture (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSOctober 10, 2012
A typical day included making copies, answering the phones, and running errands. Management is very kind and give great direction. Co-workers were very energetic and were the most enjoyable part of the job.
nice place to study
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSJuly 18, 2013
I really had to work hard to get done my phD.
Nice people. Nice place to get to know people from different background.
Great company to work for
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSAugust 1, 2013
I was equipped and ready for industry after my training at MSU
My professors were very knowledgeable and helpful
recommended to anyone interested
Pros
flexible, laid back, great experience
Cons
the pay is competitive but you wont get rich
Loved job, not environment
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSApril 21, 2013
I greatly enjoyed the mission and purpose of my job to protect and serve the university community. However, the political environment was not for me. I have a desire to do my job the way it's supposed to be done without regard for anybody's political or "important" position.
Pros
purpose
Cons
politics

4.4