Mississippi State University

Mississippi State University Employer Reviews

Exciting educational environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Starkville, MSFebruary 22, 2013
MSU is a fun, enjoyable work-place and learning institution for both students and faculty. I thoroughly enjoyed interacting with undergraduate students, graduate students, and faculty during my time as an graduate teaching assistant at MSU. The close-knit community of advisers,students,and faculty made the learning and work environment a pleasure to – more... visit every day. – less
Excellent place to start a good career in research.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Starkville, MississippiFebruary 21, 2013
I learned how to conduct research in various aspects involving Biology and other related fields.

Managed a lab and anaerobic chambers, autoclaves, and various incubators.

Created Excel spreadsheets and various papers regarding the research that was conducted by me or my supervisor.
Good Research with Excellent faculty and staff
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Starkville, MSJanuary 16, 2013
Mississippi State University is one of the best land grant universities in U.S.A. where students work hard and at the same time enjoy their life.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Instructor/Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Starkville, MSDecember 6, 2012
Pros: education, teaching, interacting with faculty and students
Taught three sections of a class while pursuing master's degree. Support, education, and resources were adequate and appropriate for success on all levels.
Great place to work while in school
Office of the President (Current Employee), Mississippi State, MSNovember 30, 2012
Understood the balance between work and school and were very accommodating.
Data Entry Clerk
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Starkville MsNovember 5, 2012
I worked with faculty and staff at Mississippi State universtiy. I organized files, and directed multiple phone lines. This job was a work-study job; therefore I worked there until my budget ended. I loved working at this job because it was convient for me to leave class and go to work; as well as I was able to meet alot of professors.
Great summer job
Art Assistant (Former Employee), Starkville, MSOctober 14, 2012
Pros: learn about art and its visual movement.
Cons: i have not its a great job.
Be a helping hand at all time, a lot of walking, and the opportunity to meet many great artist.
Great people, serious and professional environment
Instructor (Former Employee), Mississippi State, MSOctober 11, 2012
I had the privilege to work with some incredibly bright thinkers and academics. They challenged my thinking daily and made me a stronger writer and teacher.
Quiet, close knit environment nice co-workers
Office Assistant College of Architecture (Current Employee), Starkville, MSOctober 10, 2012
A typical day included making copies, answering the phones, and running errands. Management is very kind and give great direction. Co-workers were very energetic and were the most enjoyable part of the job.
Flexible and diverse environment
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Mississippi State, MSOctober 1, 2012
The employees here came from different culture background. People can learn from each other.
College Job
Conference Assistant (Former Employee), Mississippi State, MSSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: free housing, extra money for school
Cons: n/a
Perfect job for current college students. Provides the opportunity to learn responsibility and time management. Free housing, discounted meals, campus involvement, lasting relationships, extra money for books and classes.
Really fun place, college environment with no age boundaries. Free feed and drinks from time to time.
Survey Interviewer (Current Employee), Starkville, MSSeptember 23, 2012
Great place to work, great supervisors who doesn't stand over your shoulders, great team overall.
I enjoyed working all co-workers and students
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Mississippi State, MSSeptember 22, 2012
Pros: being able to work in an environment i enjoyed
Cons: having a new department head that wanted to start from scratch.
I would answer any questions from faculty, staff, students and administration. My co-workers and I were like family and had each others backs when one of us had to be out of the office. I scheduled appointments, paid bills, ordered all supplies, did most requested typing, kept all files, scheduled travel and all reimbursements for faculty in-coming – more... faculty for interviews. I took care of payroll for staff and student workers; made sure all invoices were on file for the payment of the credit card statement which I did; handled problems with orders and submissions of articles for publication; sent out mail and fed-exs; did copies; talked to accounts payable when problems arose with payments; handled problems with students and talked to their parents about helping them with advising or setting up appointments with an appropriate adviser. I ran errands and did anything and everything to help the department run more efficient. My dismissal was because of a new department head wanting her own staff. It was not because of my evaluations because they were all superior and goes above and beyond the call of duty. It was just an unfortunate incident that was the Department Head's call and no one else.
The most enjoyable part of my job was everything. The hardest part of my job was collecting the correct invoices from faculty and the company that had taken the order and did not include an invoice with shipment. – less
State university with over 21,000 students.
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Starkville, MSSeptember 16, 2012
Great engineering school. Worked as a student assistant. Management was very flexible with student schedules, especially when it came to exams and holidays. Not the most challenging job.
Productive work place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Starkville, MSAugust 27, 2012
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: short work shifts
-4 hour work shift
-learned how to gather data to benefit others
-the hardest part of the job was handling difficult callers
-the most enjoyble part of the job was seeing how the data that was collected helped people
Productive, customer service
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Mississippi State, MSAugust 16, 2012
Typical day is driving people around to and from destinations, cleaning cars and vans. Becoming a better driver.
Fun workplacewith likeable coworkers and superiors.
Research Apprentice (Former Employee), Starkville, MSAugust 7, 2012
Pros: great pay, great coworkers, fun tasks.
Cons: only a temporary job.
A day at the MSU Chemical Engineering Department would consist of working in a lab, learning to use different kinds of equipment and reporting results to the heads of the department. All my superiors were very friendly, and my coworkers couldn't have been nicer. I honestly can't think of a "hardest part of the job", because everything was prevented – more... in such a fun way. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to use all the equipment. – less
Very Professional and Scientific
Intermittent Employee (Current Employee), MSAugust 5, 2012
Very interesting work experience doing science methods and practices as telemetry, electrofishing anf fish tagging. Hardest part of the job is to work long hours during the night. Most enjoyable part is to work in the outdoors with very professional co workers.
Productive and fun workplace
Event Services (Current Employee), Starkvill, MSJuly 25, 2012
Pros: free lunches, etc.
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work would be setting up events for the school. The things that I have gasped would be a fast pace of the job and putting up a tent. My co-workers are the best. The hardest part of the job would be nothing for me because every moment was great for me. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing all the great work we accomplished for – more... the day and seeing all of the Mississippi State fans happy. – less
Creative and Hardworking group
Research assistant (Current Employee), Starkville, MSJune 21, 2012
Typical work responsibilities include
- Come up with a new project ideas having scientific importance
- Design hypothesis and plan the experiments to test the
hypothesis
- Analyze the data and draw the sensible conclusions
- Publish the work in peer reviewed journals
- Guide the team of undergraduates and new graduates
- Conduct the responsibilities – more... of lab manager like conducting
group meetings, monitoring the safety issues etc – less