Mississippi State University Employee Reviews

Comprehensive knowledge
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSMarch 15, 2013
This university is preparing me for educational research by providing me with comprehensive knowledge about each course which act as a skill set in the research. As a graduate teaching assistant the most enjoyable part is preparing lectures, grading examinations, assignments as it gives me an opportunity to learn about the subjects contents and teaching. Although performing this task with perfection and in an organized manner is the challenging task for me. Under the supervision of my employer I am preparing myself for further research and teaching in the field of education
Pros
off on friday
Cons
i love what i am doing
Student Worker
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMarch 1, 2013
Hard to really critique a university from the stand point of student worker. I was great to have the extra income.
Exciting educational environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSFebruary 22, 2013
MSU is a fun, enjoyable work-place and learning institution for both students and faculty. I thoroughly enjoyed interacting with undergraduate students, graduate students, and faculty during my time as an graduate teaching assistant at MSU. The close-knit community of advisers,students,and faculty made the learning and work environment a pleasure to visit every day.
Excellent place to start a good career in research.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MississippiFebruary 21, 2013
I learned how to conduct research in various aspects involving Biology and other related fields.

Managed a lab and anaerobic chambers, autoclaves, and various incubators.

Created Excel spreadsheets and various papers regarding the research that was conducted by me or my supervisor.
Good Research with Excellent faculty and staff
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSJanuary 16, 2013
Mississippi State University is one of the best land grant universities in U.S.A. where students work hard and at the same time enjoy their life.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Instructor/Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSDecember 6, 2012
Taught three sections of a class while pursuing master's degree. Support, education, and resources were adequate and appropriate for success on all levels.
Pros
education, teaching, interacting with faculty and students
Great place to work while in school
Office of the President (Current Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSNovember 30, 2012
Understood the balance between work and school and were very accommodating.
Data Entry Clerk
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Starkville MsNovember 5, 2012
I worked with faculty and staff at Mississippi State universtiy. I organized files, and directed multiple phone lines. This job was a work-study job; therefore I worked there until my budget ended. I loved working at this job because it was convient for me to leave class and go to work; as well as I was able to meet alot of professors.
Great summer job
Art Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSOctober 14, 2012
Be a helping hand at all time, a lot of walking, and the opportunity to meet many great artist.
Pros
learn about art and its visual movement.
Cons
i have not its a great job.
Great people, serious and professional environment
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSOctober 11, 2012
I had the privilege to work with some incredibly bright thinkers and academics. They challenged my thinking daily and made me a stronger writer and teacher.
Quiet, close knit environment nice co-workers
Office Assistant College of Architecture (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSOctober 10, 2012
A typical day included making copies, answering the phones, and running errands. Management is very kind and give great direction. Co-workers were very energetic and were the most enjoyable part of the job.
Flexible and diverse environment
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSOctober 1, 2012
The employees here came from different culture background. People can learn from each other.
College Job
Conference Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSSeptember 24, 2012
Perfect job for current college students. Provides the opportunity to learn responsibility and time management. Free housing, discounted meals, campus involvement, lasting relationships, extra money for books and classes.
Pros
free housing, extra money for school
Cons
n/a
Really fun place, college environment with no age boundaries. Free feed and drinks from time to time.
Survey Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSSeptember 23, 2012
Great place to work, great supervisors who doesn't stand over your shoulders, great team overall.
State university with over 21,000 students.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSSeptember 16, 2012
Great engineering school. Worked as a student assistant. Management was very flexible with student schedules, especially when it came to exams and holidays. Not the most challenging job.
Productive work place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSAugust 27, 2012
-4 hour work shift
-learned how to gather data to benefit others
-the hardest part of the job was handling difficult callers
-the most enjoyble part of the job was seeing how the data that was collected helped people
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
short work shifts
Productive, customer service
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSAugust 16, 2012
Typical day is driving people around to and from destinations, cleaning cars and vans. Becoming a better driver.
Fun workplacewith likeable coworkers and superiors.
Research Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSAugust 7, 2012
A day at the MSU Chemical Engineering Department would consist of working in a lab, learning to use different kinds of equipment and reporting results to the heads of the department. All my superiors were very friendly, and my coworkers couldn't have been nicer. I honestly can't think of a "hardest part of the job", because everything was prevented in such a fun way. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to use all the equipment.
Pros
great pay, great coworkers, fun tasks.
Cons
only a temporary job.
Very Professional and Scientific
Intermittent Employee (Current Employee) –  MSAugust 5, 2012
Very interesting work experience doing science methods and practices as telemetry, electrofishing anf fish tagging. Hardest part of the job is to work long hours during the night. Most enjoyable part is to work in the outdoors with very professional co workers.
Productive and fun workplace
Event Services (Current Employee) –  Starkvill, MSJuly 25, 2012
A typical day at work would be setting up events for the school. The things that I have gasped would be a fast pace of the job and putting up a tent. My co-workers are the best. The hardest part of the job would be nothing for me because every moment was great for me. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing all the great work we accomplished for the day and seeing all of the Mississippi State fans happy.
Pros
free lunches, etc.
Cons
short breaks

4.4