Missouri Baptist Medical Center

Missouri Baptist Medical Center Employer Reviews

Refill patient medication bins/PYXIS, admix IV antibiotics, open heart medications and chemotherapy.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 29, 2014
Pros: great job to lear and move.
Cons: very little patient/physican contact
My responsibilities at Missouri Baptist were to fill PYXIS medication machines with proper medications on each nursing floor, check and dispose of outdated medications in pill and capsule form. Other duties included working in the Operating Room RX Satellite where I made the IV solutions to assist on open heart surgery, also any antibiotics required. I also worked full time in the IV room making the daily usage of IV medications numbering up to 300 a night. I was the primary chemotherapy admixer at the time I left.
Great Place to work
Health Information Clerk (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 16, 2014
Enjoy working there very much! Very helpful supervisors! Great co-workers!
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 25, 2014
Patient centered care in the Medical/Oncology wing as a Registered Nurse
Fast paced and fun environment
Patient Services Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 24, 2014
Responsible for daily operations of food service trayline at Missouri Baptist Medical Center. I have learned how to manage a diverse group of employees throughout many changes within the organization. I get to work closely with the executive chef and clinical manager on a daily basis. I enjoy the opportunity to work with staff, training is critical to the success of any team. I also enjoy improving the overall work environment for staff by looking at processes that need improvement.
a good place to work
INSTRUMENT ROOM TECH (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 27, 2014
central service working on instrument sets answering phone taking things to O R rooms for the nurses peal packing working in decotamination
The best co-workers and physician team.
Registered Nurse (RN), Neurology/Medical Unit (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 31, 2014
I enjoyed my working with my co-worker and care team. The benefits is the best in St. Louis Area.
Registered Nurse/Staff Nurse - Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 18, 2014
Absolutely loved working in the ICU. Loved the staff and the management. Patient population is a lot less critical than an inner city hospital, however, there are still some difficult patients that come through. Learned a lot
ER = HIGH STRESS
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 29, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: lazy co-workers
If you work hard your co-workers will take advantage to do nothing while you do all the work.
Great Place
Radiology Technician Assistant (Former Employee), St. louis, MOJune 4, 2014
I am social and like to get work done at same time. Th people there treated me great!
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 27, 2014
I helped with various tasks and observed when I had the chance.
Health Information Managament
Health Information Clerk (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 2, 2014
Best Job have ever had! Enjoy working with co-workers! Plenty of paid time off!
Down sized Department
Patient Accounts Rep II (Current Employee), Ballwin, MOApril 7, 2014
a typical day was processing eligibility status for member with commercial insurance. There was potential growth in the company. Management and co-workers worked together as a team and helped out in ways that was needed.
wonderful co workers
Unit Assistant Services Rep (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 19, 2014
Pros: you meet lots of great people
Cons: 12 hour shifts
wonderful co-workers and patients, great benefits, learn so much about health and wellness.
productive and fun place to work
Radiology Technical Assistant (Former Employee), Town and Country, MOJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: distance was far
great place to work, great people to work with, loved helping patients and co workers. Nice and clean building with friendly staff.
morning cook for hospital
Cook (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: inconsistent communication from management
I work the morning shift and prepare foods for breakfast and lunch for patients, staff, and visitors. I have worked this shift for the past 3 years and have trained new employees on this station as well as other stations.
Missouri Baptist is a very good place to work. They have been wonderful to me. We have had a loss in our family this year and they helped me through
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 27, 2013
Pros: great place to work, great teamwork, great benefits, wonderful learning avenue
Cons: 130 miles from my home, lots of cancellations for work
A very high quality nursing experience with many opportunities to learn, great teamwork, great place to work, co-workers were very helpful, the benefits were outstanding.
FAST PACE, LEARNING ENVIRONMENT, EXCELLENT STAFF
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 22, 2013
Pros: employee card, discount bus passes, excellent staff, flexible work schedules
Cons: n/a
A TYPICAL DAY AT MISSOURI BAPTIST WAS VERY FAST PACE, PATIENT LEAVING, COMING, BEING OBSERVED FOR 24HOURS THEN RELEASED. I WAS A FLOAT POOL STAFF IN WHICH I WENT TO DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS THROUGHOUT THE HOSPITAL FROM: TELEMETRY, ORHTOPEDICS, MEDICAL SURGERY, NEUROLOGY, ICU, AND ER. EACH DEPARTMENT WAS GEARED TO CARE FOR THE PATIENT DAILY NEEDS FOR LIVING AND ASSISTING THEM WITH TASK THAT THEY WEREN'T ABLE TO DO THEMSELVES. VITAL SIGNS WERE OBTAINED AT THE BEING OF THESHIFT AND THROUGHOUT THE SHIFT, REPORTING ANY CHANGES TO NURSE IN CHARGE. ASSISTING NURSES/DOCTOR WITH MEDICAL RELATED TASK. I ENJOYED MY POSITION HERE AS WELL BECAUSE IT TAUGHT ME ALOT TO TAKE SOMEWHERE ELSE IN THE FUTURE IN WHICH LATER IN LIFE I DID. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF MY POSITION IS JUST "CARING FOR PEOPLE". I LOVE WHAT I DO SO.....THE HARD PART OF MY JOB WAS NOT HARD BUT JUST A CHALLEGE TO SUCCEED MORE AND MORE DAILY.
Good place to begin a medical career
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 4, 2013
I love the place and most of my coworkers. Management changes to frequently
Always learning
Manager of Emergency Department (Current Employee), St Louis MoOctober 22, 2013
There is always something to learn no matter how long you have been doing a job,
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 30, 2013
I have enjoyed working here and gaining the knowledge that I have but I am ready for a change and advancement in my career and not sure I can get where I want to be at this facility

1 2 3

About Missouri Baptist Medical Center

If it's medical attention you seek in the Gateway City, chances are BJC HealthCare is where you'll find it. The sprawling, not-for-profit system – Read more

Missouri Baptist Medical Center Photos