Missouri Baptist Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Fast paced floor with fun people to work with, has a high turn over rate of employees.
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Town and Country, MOJune 7, 2016
A Fast paced floor, that has a lot of heavy patients with a lot of them having multiple hospital visits due to chronic disease conditions. Have a high turn over rate due to heavy acuity of patient and heavy demands of family that over whelms staff, with no upper management support.
Pros
Great team work with enjoyable coworkers
Cons
short to no breaks ore lunch breaks and management that does not stand behind the staff.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ballwin, MOOctober 20, 2015
Great place to work, with supportive peers and leaders. This business facilitates great personal/ work life balance. This company gives opportunity for advancing your degree and promoting advancement opportunities in your career.
Mixed feelings
Respiratory Therapist Supervisor/Lead (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 18, 2016
Great hospital. I left here on poor circumstances as an employee due to poor very poor department head. I was the only supervisor for all 3 shifts and no help covering and completing a full work assignment in a hospital with 4 ICU's and a critical SCN. Left to go to Barnes best thing I did for myself. Fantastic hospital though
Pros
Nice hospital
Cons
Not enough staff
poor support of staff
RN (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 2, 2012
Management will micromanage you out the door. Very punitive environment with no room for staff oppinions. Abusive or rude families are allowed to treat staff poorly, leadership doesnt support the staff in a culture of compassion or respect. Backstabbing is abundent, & professional sabotage is tolerated. Policies related to employment not readily available, floor policies change consistently yet documents related to this are never available to review. Worst computerized charting in the metro area. Minimal to no raises past 3 years, mandatory cancelations due to decreasing census, this has depleted staff vacation time available, yet despite this supposed financial crunch middle management continues to work a full time schedule.
Pros
staff is generally nice, physicians are excellent
Cons
exceptionally character deficient persons in positions of leadership
Wonderful place to work.
Reimbursement Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 6, 2015
Very nice working here. All my co-workers were very nice, Learned a lot from co-workers and management. Very busy office. I work every position in this office to learn the busy. Management was very supportive.
Ok
Senior Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  AdmittingJanuary 8, 2015
As an employer, BJC, I assumed, would have better pay. Time off with low seniority was a problem. There is room for advancement, but it gets competitive. The benefits were good, but our co-pays recently went up. Overall, its a good company to work for, but I've seen better.
Very good cafeteria. You can even order pies for yourself during the holiday season.
Supervisor - Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 5, 2015
This is a very good hospital in many areas but I'm only familiar with the Cardiology department. The Cardiologists are very skilled and the Cardiac Cath Lab staff are excellent at what they do. I would feel very comfortable if I had to go to a hospital and they took me to Missouri Baptist.
Pros
Good food in the cafeteria
Cons
Some of the coworkers are not very nice to other coworkers but they are nice to the patients.
I enjoyed the work
Management and Supervisory (Current Employee) –  St. Louis MOOctober 19, 2015
I did not like being stabbed in the back by the department manager. I was never told why my assignment ended. I met with the manager before I left on my last day and she gave me no indication that she was going to end my time there. I was told by a 3rd party an hour later. I have lost respect for her.
Pros
I enjoyed the work and the people
Cons
I did not like how it ended
Overall an excellent place to work
Admitting Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 17, 2012
As a whole, this company did well at constantly promoting and demonstrating the mission and vision of the Hospital, which at the time were: Compassion, Integrity, Tolerance, Excellence, and Respect. The conpany also offered a lot of opportunities for advancement. Management payed a lot of attention to growth and progress demonstrated by their employees. That's how I advanced and was recognized as a good fit for the department mentor, which was an extension to the Admitting Associate title that I had.

The department also had a highly skilled and personable Educator who took her time in training each new employee until they felt completely comfortable being on their own.

The hardest part of the job was getting used to irrate patients. However, that was something that was effectively overcome by putting myself in the other person's shoes. The best part of the job was team work and comradery amongst the employees in the department.
Pros
management was very approachable, and open to change for the good of the company
Cons
short breaks
Medical complex unit
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 27, 2015
5th floor medical complex is one of the busiest floors of this particular hospital. The staff are all very welcoming and always make themselves available to help in any way they can. My favorite thing about this floor was the staff.They are all truly one of a kind. Hardest part of the job was spending my first full year as a nurse taking care of some of the hospital's most complex patients with multiple diagnoses, wide range of medications, and requirement of total care.
Truly a leader in healthcare in St. Louis
Patient Care Technician - PRN Status (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 8, 2012
I work night shift so my work day is not a typical one. The staff members are nice and helpful. Every nursing floor has their own identity and culture, which can be a gift and a curse. The executive team is very forward thinking. Missouri Baptist Medical Center has been a great addition to the BJC healthcare system.
A nice place to start a nursing career
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 3, 2015
Decent managers, very supportive but also trying to do more with less workforce.
Co workers are awesome. The techs, nurses and physicians are among the best I've worked with.
Hardest part of job is taking care of critically ill patients that are located in separate locations on the floor.
Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the physicians, nurses and tech.
Pros
scrubs
Cons
hospital politics and reduced
Management needs help
Senior Painter (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 5, 2015
Management within the painting department is lacking. Current supervisor has NO leadership or skills to lead a department. He belittles his staff daily. Team works better when he is out of the office.
Good Place to Work
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Med/OncOctober 2, 2015
I liked where I worked and felt as if I was able to grow my skills and knowledge base as an RN. I really enjoy my coworkers and interdisciplinary teams.
Not organized and internal politics made it hard/impossible to change
Operating Room Stockroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 11, 2013
The management is mostly interrelated and has had problems keeping staff,etc,A typical day at work for me started at 5am when I checked casecarts and supplies for that days surgerys.I then ordered/setup supplies cases for the next days problem solved with surgeons and nurses . I also did special projects made recommendations on ordering etc.I also worked educating my staff. I typically didnt leave till 4-5pm ( I was salaried)
Pros
enjoyed some autonomy. i liked resolving problems lots of challenges/very busy
Cons
they changed my job requirements over night. they had no real understanding of their operations
Good benefits, hectic atmosphere
Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 5, 2012
Cash people out for their food, learned how to make starbucks delicous coffee, management could be better, lot of gossip, hardest part of job is to deal with others attitudes, best part is helping the customers.
Pros
benefits, eto, free lunches
Cons
hours, management.
morning cook for hospital
Cook (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 5, 2014
I work the morning shift and prepare foods for breakfast and lunch for patients, staff, and visitors. I have worked this shift for the past 3 years and have trained new employees on this station as well as other stations.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
inconsistent communication from management
Fast paced and fun environment
Patient Services Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 24, 2014
Responsible for daily operations of food service trayline at Missouri Baptist Medical Center. I have learned how to manage a diverse group of employees throughout many changes within the organization. I get to work closely with the executive chef and clinical manager on a daily basis. I enjoy the opportunity to work with staff, training is critical to the success of any team. I also enjoy improving the overall work environment for staff by looking at processes that need improvement.
Er = high stress
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 29, 2014
If you work hard your co-workers will take advantage to do nothing while you do all the work.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
lazy co-workers
Missouri Baptist is a very good place to work. They have been wonderful to me. We have had a loss in our family this year and they helped me through
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 27, 2013
A very high quality nursing experience with many opportunities to learn, great teamwork, great place to work, co-workers were very helpful, the benefits were outstanding.
Pros
great place to work, great teamwork, great benefits, wonderful learning avenue
Cons
130 miles from my home, lots of cancellations for work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Missouri Baptist Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2