Missouri Baptist Medical Center Employee Reviews

Poor place to work
NURSE EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 15, 2017
Staff highly under appreciated. Management only concerned with bottom line. Limited opportunity for growth. Horrible benefits and inflexible scheduling.
great work place
SPECIALTY FLOAT REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  MissouriJune 8, 2017
I have been with BJC for 5 years and almost 2 of those 5 with MBMC. The work environment here is great and it is a true team effort. I would highly recommend this hospital.
Great hospital
Medical Imaging Technologist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 6, 2017
My day to day activities varied from one day to the next. One day I would simply assist Radiologists with routine procedures, and the next would be an interventional case that lasts for hours. As with all technologists, proficiency in all aspects is essential, which led to multiple tasks in the course of a single day.

My days in surgery were my personal favorite. That is where my fascination for medical device sales really ramped up.
A lot of work
Lab (Current Employee) –  LabMay 28, 2017
You get to work a lot and so not receive good pay. management is poor. You have no one to bring your issues too. I would think twice if I were you before applying for a job here.
Magnet Hospital, great place to work. I love my patients as well as my co-wo
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOMay 19, 2017
A typical day involves caring for 3 Mom/Baby couplets. Teaching them how to care for themselves and their new babies. I love the ability to help new moms learn how to breast feed their new babies, and to teach new dads how to change diapers. I also enjoy seeing the excited faces of grandparents for the first time.
Pros
I love the family unit, moms, dads, infants, siblings and all involved.
Cons
12 hour shifts
fieldwork student
Fieldwork Experiences (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 24, 2017
Missouri Baptist Medical Center was a great place to have a fieldwork placement for occupational therapy. My mentor and all the staff was always willing to help and answer questions.
Fun place to work
PCT/CNA (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 19, 2017
Awesome place to work, you can make ur own schedule so you were able to make your schedule around things you already had plans or perhaps you had appointments
Benefits
Cons
12 hour shifts
Negative work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 2, 2017
The salary is good, but the environment is very negative. management has too much power. They set ridiculous rules for staff. They try to force Mandatory overtime.
Collaborative Work Teams
Orthopedics Nurse Navigator (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOMarch 26, 2017
All disciplines work together to strive to provide the best patient care. The physicians are easily accessible to nursing needs and respond well to recommendations.
Great hospital
Laboratory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 4, 2017
Thriving, busy community hospital. Leader within the BJC organization. Struggling some to keep up staffing demands to meet workload, as are most healthcare organizations, but nonetheless a great place to work.

Want to know more about Missouri Baptist Medical Center?

Ask a question
A wonderful place to be
Student (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 1, 2017
I did my dosimetry rotation at missouri baptist and it was a wonderful time. The dosimetrist there are very passionate about their jobs and helping others.
Lots of change
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 13, 2017
There is opportunity to learn from a very diverse set of diagnoses. Challenging and fast paced environment. Good engagement from physicians overall.
Fun Co Workers
Centralized Scheduler (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 20, 2017
Scheduling patients nothing too hard or terrible about that. Best co workers you could ever ask for and very helpful. Wish the hours were shorter instead of 530 pm.
Pros
Supervisor GREAT
Cons
Have to use your own PTO for paid Holiday off
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 19, 2017
Is a member of the BJC HealthCare. Great place to work. Smoke-free and drug-free workplace. Cares about improving the health and well-being of their patients, employees, and community.
okay
INDEPENDENT LAB ASSOCIATE/PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 10, 2017
Its an okay place to work. There are many departments. Lab services department has a very high turn over rate. The pay just isn't enough for how hard they expect you to work.
Fun Envirometn
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  Town and Country, MOJanuary 4, 2017
Missouri Baptist is a great environment to work in. The amount of care and friendliness there is substantial. I loved working there. a typical day working as a catering associate is busy.
Positive Work Environment
Administrative Assistant, Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  PharmacyDecember 20, 2016
Very nice work environment focused on patient care/satisfaction.
Focused on employee satisfaction as well. Customer service excellence.
Small but great environment
(Intensive Care Unit) Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 29, 2016
loved working here. small but environment provides opportunity to learn and gain experience. family type atmosphere.
Ok place to work
PHARMACY INTERN (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63131August 25, 2016
I only worked every other weekend which I enjoyed. Loved that I never had any one watching or telling me what to do. Lots of freedom. They provided the uniforms and even washed them if you wanted.
Pros
Freedom, Teaching
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Hard work
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 6, 2016
Great place to learn, but lots of work. Could use more diversity in some areas (i.e. ICUs). Hands on management that is supportive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Missouri Baptist Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Missouri Baptist Medical Center Reviews by Location