Missouri Southern State University

Missouri Southern State University Employer Reviews

Family oriented but not enough compensation
Scholarship Clerk - Financial Aid (Current Employee), Joplin, MONovember 15, 2013
Pros: family oriented atmosphere
Cons: poor compensation
The Financial Aid office is a busy place and helping the students feels great. However, when students don't get what they think is coming to them they get angry and take it out on the person waiting on them. It is hard not to take it personally.
Students make the job fun.
Faculty Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Joplin, MOSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: four day weeks in the summer
A typical day consist of assisting students with determining a major and assigning an advisor. Very busy with students, faculty and phone calls. I've learned that everyone is important. This university is still growing and making lots of changes, including management.
Great place to work. Challenging and creative.
Online Academic Advisor (Former Employee), Joplin, MOAugust 22, 2013
Pros: excellent pay for a part time position
Cons: no healthcare-
Communicating via telephone and internet with advisees about plans of study, curriculum choices and general information about online degrees.
My co-workers were helpful and we had a team approach.
Management was open to suggestions and opinions.
Dealing with students who would not take my advice on academic decisions.
Seeing advisees succeed as they – more... fulfilled their academic goals – less
BSN school
Assistant Professor/Clinical Instructor (Former Employee), Joplin, MOMay 31, 2013
Pros: students
Cons: encourages certification but does not allow time or finances to mantain certification
Enjoyed working with students and faculty. Class schedule and paperwork extreme at times, but do-able. Interem Director super leader and teacher. Much emphasis on advisement which is good for both student and school.
Great work atmosphere!
Director of Recreational Services (Current Employee), Joplin, MOFebruary 13, 2013
I provide Wellness, Recreation and Fitness services to the campus community. This includes all Students, faculty, and Staff. I am responsible for all daily operation of student recreation center, including personnel, budget/finance, and services.
Work well with student schedule
Web Developer - Student Helper (Current Employee), Joplin, MOJanuary 2, 2013
I worked part-time while in school and they were very understanding of a student's demanding schedule. I reported to two managers and they were both great to work with.
love it
Student Communications provided help (Former Employee), Joplin, MOAugust 14, 2012
Love this school and helping people. This company help me with understanding different ethnicities and helped me understand the cultural differences between us all.
Not a good place
Custodian (Current Employee), Joplin, MOJune 4, 2012
Pros: very fexible work schedule and long lunches
Cons: no raises or advancement opportunity
It was a job. If you work there they will pay 2/3 of tuition if you want to go to school but will not work around your school schedule because your job is first. Co workers are ok if they dont know your business because they gossip alot.
Good place to teach.
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (Former Employee), JoplinMay 27, 2012
MSSU is a good place to work. Good people but salaries are lower than other universities but work atmosphere is more relaxed.
An Excellent School
Resident Assistant/Full Time Student (Former Employee), Joplin, MOApril 4, 2012
Anyone thinking about going to school should be an RA. It gives you room/board for free, and all the work entails is sitting in an office with time to do your homework. It's a good idea for everyone.
Quality Place to Work, If your interested in Higher Education this is the place for you.
Asst. Coach (Former Employee), Joplin MOMarch 9, 2012
Pros: tution breaks for employees
Great people and Great leadership, the university is in a great town to raise a family and you will be around a hardworking community