Missouri State University Employee Reviews in United States

Fun workplace, full of learning and growing plants
Student Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 14, 2016
I learned how to properly take care of plants and what grows best where. On a typical day, I maintain plants and prepare flower beds. I enjoy my bosses and all of my coworkers. I like how we all work together on different projects as they arise and learn from each other. The hardest part of the job is working with large equipment to get a large project completed - such as tree removal, laying sod, etc. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I am able to work with an arborist on campus and learn how to do tree work. I also enjoy learning about the different plants and actually planting plants to make them enjoyable to others.
Productive and fun workplace with divers and great people to work with.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 4, 2016
Productive and fun workplace with divers and great people to work with.
The great part of this job is that graduate student has a package of 15 credits graduate course for free tuition. The hardest part is, the more you are involve in the graduate assistance work the more you find graduate school challenging.
Pros
intensive training and save motivation needed
Cons
Temporary job as describes in assistance-ship, salary based on experiences and duties.
Low supported sports program
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 14, 2016
No financial support to compete with competition on a regular basis. Learned not every athletic department is competitive in NCAA. Some programs are just there for show.
Pros
Cheap rent in town, so poor ran they cant tell you much, do your own thing
Cons
not a good pay scale. very poor diversity.
Large Comprehensive University with Masters Programs
Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 10, 2016
Best for suburban and outdoors people. Large departments with opportunities for research and teaching development. Limited institutional support to maintain diversity on campus.
Great Job!
Student Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 30, 2016
This was a great job. It was very laid back and it worked well with my school schedule. The manager was awesome to work with and very easy to get along with.
Pros
Weekends off, nights off, flexible, enjoyable
Cons
Minimum wage
Great Place
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 25, 2016
Depending on your department you can have a great experience. I loved working with the Campus Recreation department. Can be a lot of time put in for little pay but the atmosphere is great.
Great environment to work in
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 18, 2016
It was a great environment to work in. Co-workers were helpful and really cared about you as a person. The workload is about what you would expect for an education institution.
Student Staff
Student Staff (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 22, 2016
I loved working for MSU and will be back the following school year to work with MSU's Leaders in Community Service. I get to do what I want and show my creativity and skills.
A storied institution with a strong culture
Centralized User Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 23, 2015
I get to interact with a lot of faculty and staff, and they're all wonderful people. I've learned a lot working here in general. The institutional culture is slow to change and efficiency isn't always the sought after route to success here, but all in all it's a great place to work.
Pros
lots of pto, great benefits
Cons
rare merit based pay increases, bureaucracy stifles processes
An average day at MSU
Summer Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 22, 2015
I enjoyed my time working there. From the time I clock in to the time I clock out, they constantly keep me on my toes. I never got bored with my job, and I got along really well with the full time employees.
Pros
Job security for next summer
Cons
task can be repetitive
Fun part time job in tax accounting
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 22, 2016
I got to work on every Friday and Saturday and prepared many people's taxes. It was truly one of a kind job. It was definitely my favorite volunteer service of life
I enjoyed my time with Missouri State. The people are great, but the money isn't always the best depending on what you do.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 3, 2015
I was a student worker, so I can't say that I'm surprised my compensation was lacking. I'm more than aware that the further up the chain you go, the better the compensation is. Missouri State is a great place to work.. if you can get an interview.
good place to work
Graduate Assiatant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 29, 2016
with a diverse cultural campus
so much to learn and share
every day is more exciting
one of the best campuses
friendly staff and faculty
Great supervisors
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 16, 2016
Supervisors for teaching laboratory classes very helpful in effective teaching, useful materials, etc. TA input and opinions are encouraged and valued.
Interactive, productive, fun atmosphere working to help MSU students to succeed in their acedemic career.
Graduate Assistant for Graduate College, (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 20, 2015
A typical day here in the Graduate College involves working as a team to insure that both students and faculty have the resources needed to be successful. I have learned not only the daily operations of administration in higher education, but also have a better understanding of the dynamics and group effort needed to improve policies and procedures to grow as a University.
Only good thing was schedule
Treatment Clinic Nurse (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 3, 2015
Administration awful. Worst supervisory experience ever. Very poor staff morale. Staff complaints constant. Policies which jeopardize patient safety. Most other reviewers were student workers, not licensed professionals.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Everything else
Student working Balance
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 9, 2015
Great work-life balance for a full-time student. Laid-back work environment, with opportunities to finish homework if tasks are completed.
Great office environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 30, 2015
I spent well over a year in the CIS department at Missouri State as a grad assistant. The pay was great and they paid for your school.
Given a great deal of autonomy to teach my classes.
Per Course Instructor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 20, 2015
Department head is very accessible for advice or guidance. Co workers are very willing to help when I was a new employee.
Badly Managed
Financial Aid Counselor - Scholarships (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 25, 2012
For a state school, they definitely act like a for-profit school. The managers make hundreds of thousands of dollars while the average employee makes close to minimum wage. Plus, there is not much room for movement since the managers have it so good.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
badly managed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Missouri State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3