Missouri State University Employee Reviews

Student worker
International Programs (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 23, 2017
As a student worker and as international student was helpful to have experience with the researches and activities for different departments at Missouri State University.
Not the greatest place.
Deli Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 17, 2017
Typically working at MSU was stressful to say the least. We never seemed to always have what we needed to get through the day. We were always short of something or completely out of something which made it hard for me to do my job correctly. management didn't seem to appreciate you at all and tended to be upset with people a lot. The hardest part of the job was definitely trying to get all of your work done in the time allowed. We all struggled to complete tasks on time there. The good part of the job was that you got free meals and breaks periodically.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks, angry managers, not enough time to complete tasks
Front Desk at Freddy House
Front Desk Worker at Freudenberger House (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 17, 2017
I worked this job when I lived in the dorm(which is a requirement) my freshman year of college. It was very easy and laid back with short 4 hour shifts. I had a lot of free time to do homework because the job isn't too busy or taxing.
The Students Made My Job Fun
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 15, 2017
The best part of my job was working with students. I will miss sharing the excitement and challenges of learning with them. If one wants to join a passionate educational environment, I recommend the Religious Studies Department at Missouri State.
Good experience
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 30, 2017
Worked at Missouri state web department as a student. It was a great learning experience for me. The full time staff there are amazing people with a passion for what they do.
No real benefits besides they are very relaxed and flexible hours
Welcome Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 25, 2017
I worked the welcome desk at the Foster Recreation Center as a work-study student. My boss and her graduate assistant are very understanding. They allow us employees to have very flexible schedules. The only problem I have is there is a limited number of hours I am allowed to work in a year.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Limit on hours
Careing about people
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2017
All I know that I love making people happy and takeing care of people and doing what I have to do. And love what I do for people .And I do start working for u all I do my best in it all .
MSU Cable Technician (Student)
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 25, 2017
Only student cable tech for MSU currently
Good structured job
teaches hand on with CAT5/Fiber/COAX
Workes around class schedule
Amazing co workers
Good pay structure
Pros
Works around your everything
Cons
Managment
Excellent culture
Per Course Faculty (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 9, 2017
Excellent place to work. People are friendly and supportive. The environment is peaceful and the students are excellent examples of citizens and show integrity. The faculty and administration are easy to get along with and communicate their ideas.
Pros
Freedom of teaching.
Cons
No Cons
Indeed is Making me Review so I can post Resume
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 30, 2017
I was a graduate assistant, therefore paid graduate assistant wages. There were no benefits or job security by nature of what I did there. I love the culture and because I only had to work 20 hours a week, it was great work-life balance as that's what graduate assistants are intended to provide.
Great employers
Conference Assistant for Housing (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 27, 2017
Causal employee/employer relationships. School schedule accomodating. Increased awareness of job experience and customer service. Enjoyed working there.
Salary
Writing Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOMarch 27, 2017
The pay for janitors was higher than for some educators. The coworkers were enjoyable, but the administration was on a power trip. The administration changed, however, shortly after I left.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Administration
Excellent Job Culture
LAB ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 16, 2017
Workers are really friendly, they have a very open schedule management. They become a family once they get to know you. There is a lot of diversity in the university.
Great workplace and job
Assistant Budget Officer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 15, 2017
Help preparing every staff and faculty's contract and salary document as well as monitor the students enrollment rate which helps department to decide how many course they can offer without over annual budget.
Great place to work. It's nice to see students excel in their fields.
Administrative Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 23, 2017
Nice to look forward to going to work. Great coworkers!

My department participates in most of the training opportunities offered. We even get to have "Chocolate Time" on a daily basis during our meetings.
Pros
Great benefits, lots of free lunches
Cons
once per month pay schedule
Great to work with fellow students
Graduate/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 21, 2017
This job changed my life. With out this job I would not have had the chance to go to graduate school. Working with students and professors was very educational and fun. I loved helping students with the technical aspects of learning how to use detailed computer programs.
Pros
Working with students
Cons
This was only a part time two year position
Easy going and enjoyable
Receptionist in Advising department (Current Employee) –  West Plains, MOFebruary 15, 2017
I meet with students daily, take phone calls, schedule students appointments to meet with advisers, ect. I work as a student worker, so it's only twenty hours a week. They are great about working around my class schedule
Pros
Get to work on my homework while I am at work
Great job for a graduate
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 23, 2017
Flexible scheduling, nice to work with professors, work in any department you want. Graduate Assistants get a discount at the bookstore and also have access to Staff parking lots.
Learning/Cultural Environment
Spanish Instructor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 6, 2017
Even when you think you know your field of experience, everyday you learn something new, a technique, method, or something that helps you improve in your professional career. The environment is very friendly and collaborative.
Graduate Student/Teaching Assistant in an awesome environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 8, 2016
The professors are very helpful, there are many graduate students who come from all different backgrounds.There are many opportunities to show your worth and make friends.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Missouri State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4