Missouri State University

Missouri State University Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Receptionist/ Student Worker (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 7, 2015
Such a friendly staff and full of school spirit! Great place to be in if you want to excel! The staff is really helpful and nice!
As stated earlier
Graduate/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Faculty, staff and students
Cons: none
Please read the previous review. As stated, working with the faculty and students was a wonderful experience.

Getting to teach beginning theory and jazz theory at the college level was an invaluable experience.
good
Tutor and Mentor (Current Employee), Springfield, MOMay 29, 2015
Pros: work around my classes
Cons: not enough hours
All in all the job was good. It worked well around my classes. They made accommodations for my low vision. I had a good time.
Unforgettable working and studying place
Supervisor, Campus Gym - John Q. Hammons Arena (Former Employee), Springfield, MOMay 25, 2015
Part-time Job on campus was unforgettable because of patient supervisor, nice co-workers and dynamic events like concerts.

No worry about occupying too much studying time, all events were after classes.

People In Missouri are warm-hearted.

I Miss MO !!!!
Productive and fun place
Student Worker/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Springfield, MOApril 19, 2015
Through leadership workshops; volunteer services; the tour of off-campus factories, government buildings, and banks; and welcome events for over three-hundreds incoming international students, develop leadership skills
I enjoyed my time with Missouri State. The people are great, but the money isn't always the best depending on what you do.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, MOApril 3, 2015
I was a student worker, so I can't say that I'm surprised my compensation was lacking. I'm more than aware that the further up the chain you go, the better the compensation is. Missouri State is a great place to work.. if you can get an interview.
Working with Students
Healthcare Informatics - Online Instructor (Current Employee), Springfield, MOMarch 5, 2015
Working with students is a great job. These bright individuals bring new insight and perspectives to our industry and what changes are coming next.
A storied institution with a strong culture
Centralized User Support Specialist (Current Employee), Springfield, MOFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: lots of pto, great benefits
Cons: rare merit based pay increases, bureaucracy stifles processes
I get to interact with a lot of faculty and staff, and they're all wonderful people. I've learned a lot working here in general. The institutional culture is slow to change and efficiency isn't always the sought after route to success here, but all in all it's a great place to work.
Great teaching environment
Graduate Research / Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, MOFebruary 10, 2015
You wanna follow your passion, MSU is your place. Its location is great and the scenery good. You will enjoy events at the JQH Arena from time to time.
Engaging
Student Government Association Senator (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJanuary 15, 2015
Met with wonderful and intelligent people
Learned the inner workings of the government as it pertains to students and school.
Productive and challenging workplace
Graduate Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJanuary 15, 2015
I learned how new lab techniques and more advance critical thinking skills.
Professional and committed to intergrity
Sub-contractor: Survey Analyst (Former Employee), MODecember 31, 2014
I enjoyed contracting with the University of Missouri the people were solution focused and flexible.

Communication was timely, professional and clear.

Payment was processed and timely.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, MODecember 20, 2014
A nice place to work
Procurement Card Auditor (Former Employee), Springfield, MOSeptember 2, 2014
A nice place to work. Nice office with fun people. My co-workers are all professional.
Better than average
Academic Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Springfield, MOAugust 7, 2014
Working at MSU is a reliable workplace, but the pay will be lower than in a business environment.
Secretary (Current Employee), West Plains, MOAugust 4, 2014
MSU-West plains is a fabulous place to work. They are very family orientated. They offer great benefits as well as a great working environment.
Student Worker (Current Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 21, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Each day I perform various tasks for the multiple workers in the office. I either run confidential files to other office, or pick up files from numerous offices. I've learned task management through this job and how to time manage as well. I work with 2 Graduate Assistants and multiple accounts and executive assistants along with the Provost and Associate Provost.
nice computers to work with in the work place
Student worker (Former Employee), springfieldJuly 21, 2014
Pros: nice place to work
Cons: busy
There are many tools that I need to learn for the job to help me work more efficiency. My general duty is to help all computer users within the lab. The coworkers are nice and my supervisors are nice and help to the workers. The hardest part is that sometimes it is too busy. I like the job overall.
Great job experience and worked with a lot of great people.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, MOMay 27, 2014
Pros: free food, free housing, free books
Cons: long hours
My main job was taking care of the needs of my residents and making sure that they were safe and comfortable. My work really was my life because I lived at my workplace. I learned how to effectively communicate with my co-workers and residents, and also learned how to document staff meeting because of my role as Administrative Assistant, which takes "minutes" or notes of staff meetings. The hardest part of the job would be the times when I was on duty and would receive calls in the middle of the night informing me that a resident was locked out of their room, or an incident had taken place and I needed to respond. The most enjoyable part was making lifetime friends with my co-workers.
Great envirtonment, friendly people
Pharmacy Business Operations (Current Employee), Springfield, MOMay 1, 2014
Everyone I worked with at MSU was great. It truly is a close community of those who work together to accomplish goals.

1 2 3

About Missouri State University

Founded in 1905 Missouri State is the state's second largest university with more than 19,000 students from Missouri, nearly every – Read more

Missouri State University Salaries