Missouri State University

Missouri State University Employer Reviews

Productive and challenging workplace
Graduate Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJanuary 15, 2015
I learned how new lab techniques and more advance critical thinking skills.
Professional and committed to intergrity
Sub-contractor: Survey Analyst (Former Employee), MODecember 31, 2014
I enjoyed contracting with the University of Missouri the people were solution focused and flexible.

Communication was timely, professional and clear.

Payment was processed and timely.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, MODecember 20, 2014
A nice place to work
Procurement Card Auditor (Former Employee), Springfield, MOSeptember 2, 2014
A nice place to work. Nice office with fun people. My co-workers are all professional.
Better than average
Academic Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Springfield, MOAugust 7, 2014
Working at MSU is a reliable workplace, but the pay will be lower than in a business environment.
Secretary (Current Employee), West Plains, MOAugust 4, 2014
MSU-West plains is a fabulous place to work. They are very family orientated. They offer great benefits as well as a great working environment.
Student Worker (Current Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 21, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Each day I perform various tasks for the multiple workers in the office. I either run confidential files to other office, or pick up files from numerous offices. I've learned task management through this job and how to time manage as well. I work with 2 Graduate Assistants and multiple accounts and executive assistants along with the Provost and Associate Provost.
nice computers to work with in the work place
Student worker (Former Employee), springfieldJuly 21, 2014
Pros: nice place to work
Cons: busy
There are many tools that I need to learn for the job to help me work more efficiency. My general duty is to help all computer users within the lab. The coworkers are nice and my supervisors are nice and help to the workers. The hardest part is that sometimes it is too busy. I like the job overall.
Great job experience and worked with a lot of great people.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, MOMay 27, 2014
Pros: free food, free housing, free books
Cons: long hours
My main job was taking care of the needs of my residents and making sure that they were safe and comfortable. My work really was my life because I lived at my workplace. I learned how to effectively communicate with my co-workers and residents, and also learned how to document staff meeting because of my role as Administrative Assistant, which takes "minutes" or notes of staff meetings. The hardest part of the job would be the times when I was on duty and would receive calls in the middle of the night informing me that a resident was locked out of their room, or an incident had taken place and I needed to respond. The most enjoyable part was making lifetime friends with my co-workers.
Great envirtonment, friendly people
Pharmacy Business Operations (Current Employee), Springfield, MOMay 1, 2014
Everyone I worked with at MSU was great. It truly is a close community of those who work together to accomplish goals.
I liked the environment
Associate of Arts, Business (Former Employee), Springfield, MOApril 11, 2014
Houlihans is on the uprise and so are their prices. My only concern is that the quality of food doesn't match the actual dollar amount associated with them.
Fun and Exciting
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, MOApril 8, 2014
Work with many departments
Hospitality
Dean of Students
College of Natural and Applied Science
Good job it gave me expreance.
Work-Study Library Aid (Former Employee), Springfield, MOApril 7, 2014
Go in go to all floors pick up books on tables and chairs, take books down to be re shelved. Sort books put them on shelf's. Then go to the floors to shelf books. Go to class come back do same thing.
Flexible and Friendly
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Springfield, MOFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: less communication
I work as a teaching assistant at Missouri State University. The professor I work for is a great supervisor. She is available, friendly, encouraging, flexible, and supportive. I typically work from home. My responsibilities are to grade journal entries, discussion boards, assignments, and exams. I also assist the professor in researching information for preparation of courses. The hardest part of the job is the grading. My reasons are that sometimes the grading guidelines are a little unclear and that the guidelines do not include a deduction of points for things that should be included. However, I enjoy giving constructive feedback to other students so that they can learn and improve.
Awesome place to get a degree
STUDENT (Former Employee), Springfield, MoFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: no cons to mention
Studied to get my degree by going to class and taking notes and when it was time to take a test made sure I'd gotten enough sleep prior.
Great place to work!
Information Desk Attendant/ Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJanuary 31, 2014
I enjoyed every shift at this job. I was able to meet new students around campus while doing my job. I learned a lot about responsibility, time management, organization skills, and more. I worked alone mainly, but the company of other students was rewarding.
I love this job and only wish it was permanent.
Student Worker (Current Employee), Meyer Library - Special CollectionsDecember 30, 2013
Pros: great co-workers, great management.
Cons: low pay, not a permanent postion.
Duties include filing, scanning, collections management, working with Excel spreadsheets, physical labor, retrieval and re-shelving of materials for clients, accession and sorting of collections, creation of finding aids, and other general archival duties.
Good educational experience.
Strength and Conditioning Intern (Former Employee), Springfield, MODecember 20, 2013
Pros: high-energy/intense environment.
Cons: long hours, no pay.
Volunteered with MSU S&C for almost two years, and learned much about the industry as well as life.

Athletes are not always the easiest to manage or deal with, but learning to do so was part of the experience.

Long hours with no pay, but such is the volunteer's life.
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Springfield, MODecember 9, 2013
I love working for my professors and the research that they assign to me is related to my field. This makes the research interesting and beneficial to my education.
Get more experience
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Springfield, MONovember 30, 2013
It's a good place to study and work. I learned and got more experience from my supervisor and co-workers.

1 2 3

About Missouri State University

Founded in 1905 Missouri State is the state's second largest university with more than 19,000 students from Missouri, nearly every – Read more