Missouri University of Science & Technology Employee Reviews in United States

Great research opportunity
Stem Cell Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOJanuary 22, 2016
I had a great experience conducting research in this lab. I worked hard and produced a lot of data. I could not have asked for a better first research job.
Graduate-Undergraduate Secretary- OSA III
Full time OSA III- Grad & Undergrad Secretary (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOAugust 1, 2015
In a typical day I do any or all of the following:
Finalize Graduate Student Applications for Admission, assign Academic Advisors, Schedule Orientations & meetings, Order, document, and file Text Books. Process all Graduate and Undergraduate Forms. Monitor and Update calendars. Create PhD Funding Calculators and Compose Funding/Acceptance letters. Admin Assist Grad & Undergrad Students, Faculty, Graduate Coordinator, Dept. Assoc. Chairs, & ABET Auditors. Annual AECE Academy Coordinator, Advancement, PhD Qualifying, Final Exam & Community College Exams Coordinator. Coordination of Department Tours and Room Reservations. Schedule events, tours, rental vehicles, catering etc. for Summer Research Groups. Update the Department Website & Digital Signage. Scholarships, Student Files, Prerequisite Reports, Credit Hour Teaching Reports, Graduate Reports, Senior Assessment & Senior Surveys.

Never having worked in Academia, the most difficult part of the job was the initial understanding of all aspects of University Policy, Processes, Protocols, Software, and Web Applications.

The work days are tremendously busy at the beginning and end of semesters with high expectations of accountability, attention to detail, organization & and efficiency with which I excel and thrive.

The most enjoyable part is the camaraderie and staff teamwork and working with a large variety of cultural backgrounds. I also very much enjoy being of service to faculty and helping students.
Pros
Good Benefits, great department, great people, beautiful campus, nice offices & retirement benefits.
Cons
Short staffed therefore high volume of work, no overtime & low wages
good
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOJanuary 28, 2015
It is one of the best university in the Mid-west . It is a public university. For international students the living expenses is very cheaper when compared to other places in USA.It has got a wide variety of engineering majors for the undergraduates.
Great place to school, great place to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOJanuary 4, 2015
Great place to school, great place to work. Rolla is a nice quiet place to live in too.
Miner Phonathon-Department of Alumni Relations
Center Supervisor- Department of Alumni Relations (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MODecember 23, 2014
The goal of the Miner Phonathon of Missouri S&T is to :
To raise developmental funds for all the departments of Missouri University of Science & Technology.
To build strong relationship between the university and its alumnus
As the center manager the duties include training of all the university callers,enhancing public relations and checking the quality of calls being made from the university. Also responsible for reaching the monthly expected targets for the University.
Pros
diverse work culture with qualified professionals
Teaching assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Missouri, RollaFebruary 22, 2014
I am working as teaching assistant so my responsibility answer homework problems and grading .
Productive place to work in
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOMarch 30, 2013
I think this is a very good place to work, the people in my lab will work together as a team! and give each other help they need, we can find nearly any equipment there. And you can play pingpong if you are tired
Great University with Nice People in an Excellent Location
Assistant professor (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOSeptember 20, 2012
great for people to do research and enjoy life. People here are very nice to each other. You will have more chances for hiking, fishing and other enjoyable activities.
Good education
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOApril 17, 2012
Good education & Research facilities.
Small town but very suitable for students.
A learning experience
Lead Teaching Assistant for Core Geology Classes (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOApril 11, 2012
I prepared and taught lessons and labs with corresponding assignments and tests. I tried to make it as hands on as possible with field work and collaborations. I then had office hours during which I answered questions for students that walked in and sent emails. I also answered question via a discusion board, and once a week hosted a homework night. The most difficult part was the constant and repetative grading, as well as keeping up with what was put on the wikis. The most enjoyable part was when a student had an 'ah-ha' moment, and when I understood a concept better for having taught it.

4.5