Missouri University of Science & Technology Employee Reviews

Reward place to work
Office Support Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOFebruary 23, 2017
Most enjoyable part of working at S&T is working daily with students. Hearing their stories, watching them fulfill their dreams and just becoming someone they can look up to made me want to go to work.
Working in an educational environment
Manager, Business & Fiscal Operations (Current Employee) –  Accounting/Fiscal ServicesJanuary 20, 2017
Working in an educational environment is challenging but offers diversity, exceptional learning experiences, and meeting lots of interesting people.

Every day is a new day when working with faculty, staff and students. The job can be demanding, stressful, and overwhelming at times. Budgets are small and employee moral is often low.

Benefits used to be very good but has declined in the last five years.

Work-life balance is difficult to get approved.
Pros
Lots of diversity, different cultures, exceptional learning environment
Cons
Work overload, little to no raises, small opportunities for advancement
Very intresting research
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOSeptember 15, 2016
I am glad I am a part of the Lab because I get to learn a lot and most importantly my role is Data Analyst which is my favorite Job as I want to build my career in Business Analytics.
great
Student Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MissouriSeptember 11, 2016
very organized
fun and supportive working environment
weekend work schedules are put out months in advance
typical work week 8-430
family friendly
One of the best grad school for Petroleum Engineering
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOMarch 12, 2016
Helping students with the course by helping them with assignments and taking lead sessions for them before the exams is my main job. Helps me in understanding the subject more.
Hardest part is evaluating their exam papers.
Great research opportunity
Stem Cell Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOJanuary 22, 2016
I had a great experience conducting research in this lab. I worked hard and produced a lot of data. I could not have asked for a better first research job.
Graduate-Undergraduate Secretary- OSA III
Full time OSA III- Grad & Undergrad Secretary (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOAugust 1, 2015
In a typical day I do any or all of the following:
Finalize Graduate Student Applications for Admission, assign Academic Advisors, Schedule Orientations & meetings, Order, document, and file Text Books. Process all Graduate and Undergraduate Forms. Monitor and Update calendars. Create PhD Funding Calculators and Compose Funding/Acceptance letters. Admin Assist Grad & Undergrad Students, Faculty, Graduate Coordinator, Dept. Assoc. Chairs, & ABET Auditors. Annual AECE Academy Coordinator, Advancement, PhD Qualifying, Final Exam & Community College Exams Coordinator. Coordination of Department Tours and Room Reservations. Schedule events, tours, rental vehicles, catering etc. for Summer Research Groups. Update the Department Website & Digital Signage. Scholarships, Student Files, Prerequisite Reports, Credit Hour Teaching Reports, Graduate Reports, Senior Assessment & Senior Surveys.

Never having worked in Academia, the most difficult part of the job was the initial understanding of all aspects of University Policy, Processes, Protocols, Software, and Web Applications.

The work days are tremendously busy at the beginning and end of semesters with high expectations of accountability, attention to detail, organization & and efficiency with which I excel and thrive.

The most enjoyable part is the camaraderie and staff teamwork and working with a large variety of cultural backgrounds. I also very much enjoy being of service to faculty and helping students.
Pros
Good Benefits, great department, great people, beautiful campus, nice offices & retirement benefits.
Cons
Short staffed therefore high volume of work, no overtime & low wages
good
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOJanuary 28, 2015
It is one of the best university in the Mid-west . It is a public university. For international students the living expenses is very cheaper when compared to other places in USA.It has got a wide variety of engineering majors for the undergraduates.
Great place to school, great place to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOJanuary 4, 2015
Great place to school, great place to work. Rolla is a nice quiet place to live in too.
Miner Phonathon-Department of Alumni Relations
Center Supervisor- Department of Alumni Relations (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MODecember 23, 2014
The goal of the Miner Phonathon of Missouri S&T is to :
To raise developmental funds for all the departments of Missouri University of Science & Technology.
To build strong relationship between the university and its alumnus
As the center manager the duties include training of all the university callers,enhancing public relations and checking the quality of calls being made from the university. Also responsible for reaching the monthly expected targets for the University.
Pros
Diverse Work Culture with Qualified Professionals
Teaching assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Missouri, RollaFebruary 22, 2014
I am working as teaching assistant so my responsibility answer homework problems and grading .
Productive place to work in
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOMarch 30, 2013
I think this is a very good place to work, the people in my lab will work together as a team! and give each other help they need, we can find nearly any equipment there. And you can play pingpong if you are tired
Great University with Nice People in an Excellent Location
Assistant professor (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOSeptember 20, 2012
great for people to do research and enjoy life. People here are very nice to each other. You will have more chances for hiking, fishing and other enjoyable activities.
Good education
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOApril 17, 2012
Good education & Research facilities.
Small town but very suitable for students.
A learning experience
Lead Teaching Assistant for Core Geology Classes (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOApril 11, 2012
I prepared and taught lessons and labs with corresponding assignments and tests. I tried to make it as hands on as possible with field work and collaborations. I then had office hours during which I answered questions for students that walked in and sent emails. I also answered question via a discusion board, and once a week hosted a homework night. The most difficult part was the constant and repetative grading, as well as keeping up with what was put on the wikis. The most enjoyable part was when a student had an 'ah-ha' moment, and when I understood a concept better for having taught it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Missouri University of Science & Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4