Missouri University of Science and Technology Employee Reviews

A great place to learn Controls and Automation
Student (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOSeptember 28, 2016
I enrolled for the following courses over the course of my Graduate program - Advanced PLC, Optimal Control and Estimation, Linear Control Systems, Machine Vision and Digital Image Processing. Furthermore, I obtained a PLC short term course certification from Dr.Erickson (Missouri University of Science and Technology) and an Advanced Diploma in Industrial Automation from First Logic Automation, India. Thus, over the course of my professional and
academic career, I have amassed a good amount of comfortability with Ladder Logic, Functional Block Diagrams, Structured Text, Device Net, Control Net, Ethernet, Profibus, HMI and SCADA
systems. I believe that the automation industry is where my interest lies in and this is where I want to be in the future.
Performing research in cyber physical systems
Software Engineer & Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOFebruary 10, 2017
- Developed peer to peer protocol.
- Integrated power simulation software with distributed grid intelligence.
- Code base is in C++ and involves socket programing, peer to peer communication, updating power and load values from all the connected devices.
- DGI Freedm provides interface with real power devices as well as power simulation softwares.
- Learning about cyber security for cyber physical systems and internet of things.
- Developed python scripts to analyse web data and perform analysis of data.
- Implemented euclidean, cosine and Jacard distance matrices.
- Implemented classification algorithms such as K means cluster.
not impressed at all, good pay with degree but racist staff
Senior Student Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 30, 2016
good pay with a degree
some room for advancement
management is horrible
racist staff
Working at the company was not as hyped as people say.
Cons
management, racism
Great work mates and work atmosphere
Seasonal Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOSeptember 10, 2016
Learn about retail sales, inventory management, conducting event promotions and customer satisfaction. Also accounts were handled and book stock was checked frequently to maintain inventory.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Temporary job position
Short-term employment benefits lacking.
Post-Doctoral Researcher (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOMarch 1, 2016
Not enough accomodation, consideration and benefits given to short-term employees.

Co-workers generally considerate and empathetic. Management not in tune with the requirements/needs of the employees.
Great
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOSeptember 9, 2016
My college is a public university, but feels more like a private institution. We may have numerous students, but it's the perfect amount considering our ideal student-to-faculty ratio. Every teacher I had this semester knew my name and wanted me to succeed in their class. I'm comfortable emailing them or meeting them during their office hours because I can sense that they enjoy the time they use to converse with their students and help them understand difficult material. I also love that because everyone is an engeering major, we're all eager to help one another.
This school provided great opportunities for part time work.
Teachers Assistant and Grader (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOFebruary 17, 2017
The university is great at making work opportunities available or students. I am able to work on relevant projects and make some money to support my student lifestyle.
stable plase to work
Electronic Technician III (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOSeptember 18, 2016
interesting job but the management was a little weak. there are a lot of NRC rules. i was responsible for maintaining the reactor. t remodeled the electronics in the control room. the modifacation was approved by the NRC
Good place to start your career
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOAugust 9, 2016
It is a good place to work at the start of your career. People are kind and very giving. I enjoyed meeting people from all walks of life. The hardest part was we were a small team pulling in lot more than we could.
Tutor for chemical engineering courses.
Course Peer Learning Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MONovember 7, 2016
Taught core concepts to students in the chemical engineering major while helping to develop their problem solving skills.
Good working atmosphere
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOSeptember 16, 2016
I am currently assisting my professor in her research for a literature review.
A typical day at work involves reading different literature and collecting information for review.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOMay 25, 2016
Good place to work. Great research and career opportunities. The management is very helpful and supportive.

words words words words
Healthy environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOSeptember 26, 2016
Different departments co-ordinate with each other and its one of the best place for team work and hone our skills and personality.
Fun and collaborative workspace
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOAugust 24, 2016
Everyone stays just busy enough.Task are easy to understand but you can also find your own challenges. There are always new and interesting task around the corner.
Student Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOAugust 9, 2016
Worked as a student and a temp after I graduated. The people are willing to help you all along the way through the process of getting hired and after becoming hired.
Good work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOAugust 16, 2016
As a teaching assistant and a research had the opportunity to learn a lot and hence deliver more to the job. The staff is very helpful and organized. Over all the environment very nurturing and productive.
Great place to Pursue Masters
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOApril 29, 2016
It has excellent research opportunities and have good exposure to the practical data. Not only research opportunities, even academics play a good role in gaining knowledge by solving a good number of assignments.
Pros
Cultural Events and job fairs
great place for knowledge and opportunities
UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOMarch 2, 2016
I finished my undergraduate study in Missouri S&T and had a great time there. Except for knowledge and skills, the most important thing gives me is to be professional. Also, working as a secretary in Chinese Students and Scholars Association allowed mr to get involved in campus activities and serve the community.
Challenging University
Computer Learning Center Monitor (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOAugust 14, 2013
This University provides excellent challenges for students to meet their future career goals. Some challenges are more difficult than others, but overall, the experience gained from students working together to overcome the assignments and deadlines is priceless.
Pros
Great course curriculums.
Cons
Must work hard.
Perfect place to just focus on studies
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOJanuary 19, 2016
Enough stress at work, so that one can work in any environment.
A perfect platform for education
Supportive faculty
Research is most enjoyable and hardest part.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Missouri University of Science and Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5